Options

WTF is Ed's problem???

Comments

• Options
    PJaddictedPJaddicted Posts: 1,432
    Out of the ten shows I've been to....I saw him really angry at one....he was hit by coins being thrown from the audience.

oxc
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

*May the Peace of the Wilderness be with YOU*

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
  • Options
    JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    I think you folks read waaaay too much into waaaay too much.

i think i agree with this - its not like its the first time ed has smashed a mic stand into the stage... i was toward the back of 200, so i didn't really have a clue about any of this (except seeing the mic stand smashdown but that's not really that unusual to me)
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Options
    keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    It's Stone's fault.
    no

Stone was the problem.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,195
    JaneNY wrote:
    i think i agree with this - its not like its the first time ed has smashed a mic stand into the stage... i was toward the back of 200, so i didn't really have a clue about any of this (except seeing the mic stand smashdown but that's not really that unusual to me)

I was there and he was definitely pissed about something. He didn't just smash the mike stand he picked it up and hurled towards the back of the stage. I actually thought it was pretty cool, but he was definitely pissed off.
  • Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,757
    pjhawks wrote:
    I was there and he was definitely pissed about something. He didn't just smash the mike stand he picked it up and hurled towards the back of the stage. I actually thought it was pretty cool, but he was definitely pissed off.

I wasn't there ... but I will say ed has been known to smash mic stands, throw mic stands, do all sorts of stuff. doesn't neccesarily mean he's pissed off about anything in particular. it could just mean he's feeling a particular song.

many of the songs ARE angry songs, you know.

just a thought.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585
    iwasthere wrote:
    Just got back from Philly, so don't mind me if has already been discussed.

I've been to 2 shows this tour now where Ed has got pissy and showed it on stage. last night, throwing shit and even leaving the stage early. In Detroit, walking to the back of the stage with his face in his hands and half assed singing, I'm barely alive.

Does anyone know what the problem was at either one of these shows?. In Detroit, it looked like he was just a little trashed, and upset about his mic chord getting caught on stuff. Then last night, the problem looked to be in the crowd, as he did throw a towel at someone, just before he left the stage.

Anyone?

The towel was thrown once and it hit him when he was playing the guitar and singing, he threw it back and then they threw the shit back on the stage so at that point Ed got pissd and grabbed the towel (or it might have been a shirt) and he threw it back really pissed...

I dont blame him thouh, what's the point of throwing stuff like that on the singer when he is performing??

:rolleyes:
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    SPALMASPALMA Posts: 2,279
    "I don't want to hear any splatty tongues!"
    J.M., Jr. High Band Teacher

I raise my Freak Flag High!!
  • Options
    Flannel ShirtFlannel Shirt Posts: 1,021
    I have read through this thread and cant help but think some of you are new to this band????

YOUTUBE Pearl Jam and watch old gigs. Ed smashes a hole in the stage and leaves through it, he has smashed guitars, he jumps from the rafters, he has lectured security, he throws his mic stands at almost every show, he always looks pissed and intense, he is always spitting everywhere......

whats the problem?
    All that's sacred, comes from youth....dedications, naive and true.
  • Options
    JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    I have read through this thread and cant help but think some of you are new to this band????

YOUTUBE Pearl Jam and watch old gigs. Ed smashes a hole in the stage and leaves through it, he has smashed guitars, he jumps from the rafters, he has lectured security, he throws his mic stands at almost every show, he always looks pissed and intense, he is always spitting everywhere......

whats the problem?

yeah that was kind of my point, but you put it way better.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Options
    luvisatowerluvisatower Posts: 1,078
    hippiemom wrote:
    He was upset because he could see luvistower and I getting harassed by security for no good reason during "Alive" and missing at least 10 minutes of the show ;)
    yep...that's why he was upset in detroit
    i'm not sure why he was upset in camden..i wasnt there...
    but he was definitely pissed about hippiemom and I getting hassled by the so called "guest services"...
    i know I was pissed off about it.
    but all's well that ends well.
    :)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Get it now, get enough, before its gone, let's everybody carry on, carry on....
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    www.wishlistfoundation.org
    WE WANT YOU!!!!
    join the street team
    http://wishlistfoundation.fancorps.com

"headphones are highly recommended...." Jeff Ament
  • Options
    meljoycemeljoyce Posts: 2
    Vedder was rocking out night 2 in Camden. He sounded great and he was way into his music as always. I had a great night and it was a great set.
    I don't think he had a problem, it was a beautiful night.
  • Options
    ByrnzieByrnzie Posts: 21,037
    It was Mikes fault! :eek:
  • Options
    iwasthereiwasthere Posts: 511

whats the problem?

I'm the one who started this thread, and I am not new to the band. Been a fan since Ten. Have seen 27 shows. In the last 2 weeks, I have flown from Missouri to Hartford, Detroit, Camden, and drove to Chicago. He has been thrashin mic stands for awhile now. My myspace page even features the clip of ed smashing through the stage and exiting through it.

In Detroit, he was upset during Alive, walked to the back of the stage, because of what ever it was, then continued to sing the rest of the song with less than normal emotion. Finally saying, "I'm barely Alive"

Then in Philly, he left the rest of the band out there while he went to the back. I wasn't angry about it, I was just wondering why. I guess there was a photographer issue. Fine.

I love when Ed get's angry with raw emotion,like during the showbox DVD during the "No War" tag.

Nobody needs to explain to me that Ed is human. I have proclaimed this point in his defense many times. I am not one of those fans ripping every little thing that appears to be out of character.
    tacos
  • Options
    PorchPorch Posts: 539
    i cant believe you came all the way for those shows and thats all you can come up with... what about the other 2 hours and 56 minutes of the shows...can you not find appresciation for some range of emotion during the show? i am so glad i didnt give your unappreciative butt a ride from the airport... here are some big ass raspberries for you! ppppppppppppppppppppppppbbbbbbbbb :p
    sometimes you're the boxer...sometimes you're the bag...
  • Options
    Flannel ShirtFlannel Shirt Posts: 1,021
    iwasthere wrote:
    My myspace page even features the clip of ed smashing through the stage and exiting through it.
    That is some kick ass footage.
    Who knows. Maybe he was being a little bitch because maybe he ran outta smokes or wine or something.
    All that's sacred, comes from youth....dedications, naive and true.
  • Options
    OobahOobah Posts: 35
    Poor fella look liked he had his heart ripped out
  • Options
    iwasthereiwasthere Posts: 511
    Porch wrote:
    i cant believe you came all the way for those shows and thats all you can come up with... what about the other 2 hours and 56 minutes of the shows...can you not find appresciation for some range of emotion during the show? i am so glad i didnt give your unappreciative butt a ride from the airport... here are some big ass raspberries for you! ppppppppppppppppppppppppbbbbbbbbb :p

Quick! Look up! Cause this is going right over some of your heads.

You people can try to say all you want, that nothing happened. But Ed WAS upset something. Maybe it wasn't that big of a deal, and your right it didn't affect the entire show. In Detroit, when they came back, I think Ed tried to make up for it, and ripped off several, emotionally charged songs. highlight of the show for sure!

I was simply wondering why he was upset, if anyone had a better few than I did.

As far as the Philly show, What a great fucking show! Ed just got mad a photographer in the middle. My god, for the first time in my 27 shows, i got to hear Satan's Bed.

Get off my back people. ;)

your rasberries are not appericiated.
    tacos
  • Options
    igotid_8igotid_8 Cleveland, Ohio Posts: 497
    Ed was bombed at the Cleveland show and pretty much on the mark in Detroit - and both shows rocked.

Hope he's having as good a time as we are.
    2000 Columbus, Pittsburgh
    2003 Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Columbus
    2004 Toledo
    2005 Hamilton, Pittsburgh
    2006 Cleveland, Auburn Hills, Pittsburgh
    2009 Chicago
    2010 Cleveland
    2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 Detroit
    2016 Tampa, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2018 Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2022 Hamilton
    2023 Chicago 1, Chicago 2, Austin 1, Austin 2
  • Options
    "if" ev was upset in detroit it was probably because the local fans had not shown up in droves, like they did last tour...what happened detroit????

bottomline i don't "study" ev, all show...cause it ain't ALL about him, for me.
  • Options
    brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361
    IamMine wrote:
    We were on Stone's side for Detroit show and I did see Eddie covering his face with his hands - wasn't too happy about something. He even sat down at one point, as if to mumble or cursing at himself. For a second there, I was thinking to myself, "uh oh" and then went back in my mode 'cuz I didn't want to go into HIS mode. I'm a visualization person, so what I see really affects me.

But I didn't pay too much attention, I was enjoying 'Alive' myself.

Didn't even pay attention to the crowd, either - but Bobby, my husband, did notice. He thought it was really lame. He enjoyed the Cleveland's crowd much better. And Grand Rapid as well. :)

Perhaps it was frustration of not getting much out of the crowd as he expected to - but as for me, I'd have to say I was really enjoying the show - whether he knows it or not. :)

I was just in my little world and found out a lot more details afterwards.

I wouldn't sweat it too much - just let him deal with it himself. He always manages to kick ass, doesn't he?

;)

he's going crazy....

Esther's here and she's sick?

hi Esther, now we are all going to be sick, thanks
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,073
    kerrang wrote:
    Ed hates you!

I LOVE your bunny sig!!!
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    Placid BluePlacid Blue Posts: 31
    I didn't get to go to the shows, I wanted to go but tickets sold out really fast and I was not settling for the lawn.
    But I was listening to WMMR and they were saying the reason they thought Ed was upset was because of problems with the sound in his microphone, they said the sound guy had to change his Mic a couple of times and they mentioned something about a photographer who was annoying him?

To make light maybe he got a good look at Camden New Jersey and saw how run down and horrible it looks. :D Perhaps not such a comfort knowing you are playing the most dangerous city in America(SO THE MEDIA SAY).

Ed is usually pretty laid back and calm so it seems and just like all of us there are certain things that can annoy you. I've seen singers get moody on stage and I don't take it personal. Not every day is always good. All that traveling and being tired can really wear down your nerves too.

You're entitled to your pissed off moments Mr. Vedder. :)
    "If you were waiting for us, than we were waiting for you" E. Vedder 10-3-05

He who forgets will be destined to remember.
  • Options
    buffinatorbuffinator Posts: 16
    IamMine wrote:

If it were me and I see people posting things about me - I'd get personal and go nuts.

IamMine is a Dork!!!!!!!!

Hi Melissa, Courtney and I miss you guys. Got some good pictures!
    Say Hi to Bobby for us.

Brian
  • Options
    vickdawgvickdawg Posts: 29
    Stone pretty much distanced himself from him in SPIN mag. last month and said they, while "friends", were not "palsy-walsy".

Holy shit, is this a real Stone quote? "Palsy-walsy"? "PALSY-WALSY"?! :D I love Stone.
    i'll wait for angels, but i won't hold my breath. imagine they're busy; think i'm doing okay.
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,195
    I wasn't there ... but I will say ed has been known to smash mic stands, throw mic stands, do all sorts of stuff. doesn't neccesarily mean he's pissed off about anything in particular. it could just mean he's feeling a particular song.

many of the songs ARE angry songs, you know.

just a thought.

True but he also ran off stage before RVM was finished - being there about 20 rows back no doubt he was wildly pissed at something. I even said to the guy next to me 'ed is pissed about something' and he agreed. So if it was clear from 20 rows back trust me, he was pissed -way more than just normal on stage antics. I know your probably just trying to be the devil's advocate in this, but trust those who have been to many shows and were at this one - he was pissed, majorly pissed at something or maybe a combination of things. Didn't take away from the show at all though - was still a great show.
  • Options
    IamMineIamMine Posts: 2,743
    buffinator wrote:
    IamMine is a Dork!!!!!!!!

Hi Melissa, Courtney and I miss you guys. Got some good pictures!
    Say Hi to Bobby for us.

Brian

You had me there, fucker. :D

:p

I got Courtney's email! I also replied! ;)

It was so much fun meeting you both - glad you invited us over to your table and turned it into a fun weekend. :D

Great pictures, by the way!

I don't like how old we look....but oh well. hehehe.

Ya..what the fuck is Eddie's problem? hahahaha
    JA: Why do I get the Ticketmaster question?
    EV: It's your band.
    ~Q Magazine

"Kisses for the glow...kisses for the lease." - BDRII
  • Options
    PJG2FPJG2F Posts: 10
    iwasthere wrote:
    Just got back from Philly, so don't mind me if has already been discussed.

I've been to 2 shows this tour now where Ed has got pissy and showed it on stage. last night, throwing shit and even leaving the stage early. In Detroit, walking to the back of the stage with his face in his hands and half assed singing, I'm barely alive.

Does anyone know what the problem was at either one of these shows?. In Detroit, it looked like he was just a little trashed, and upset about his mic chord getting caught on stuff. Then last night, the problem looked to be in the crowd, as he did throw a towel at someone, just before he left the stage.

Anyone?

BUGGER OFF!!! Think about how fkn arrogant you sound... you fool
  • Options
    IamMineIamMine Posts: 2,743
    insidejob wrote:
    BUGGER OFF!!! Think about how fkn arrogant you sound... you fool

Easy...easy....s/he was just sharing opinions, that's all.

No need for hate, nor resort to name-calling.

All we need is llooooovveeee.

:)
    JA: Why do I get the Ticketmaster question?
    EV: It's your band.
    ~Q Magazine

"Kisses for the glow...kisses for the lease." - BDRII
  • Options
    laudenumlaudenum Posts: 405
    i've seen ed get pissed t shows but its usually related to a technical issue not a personal one.
    sounds bad, or he cant hear something he needs to.
    timing is off. etc etc....
    "shes stoned said the swede, and the
    mooncalf agreed" THe BANd
  • Options
    PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    Heatherj43 wrote:
    I didn't take it that he was pissed. I thought he was getting drunk.
    euh, that doesn't make sense....

to a Brit :D
    iwasthere wrote:
    In Detroit, he was upset during Alive, walked to the back of the stage, because of what ever it was, then continued to sing the rest of the song with less than normal emotion. Finally saying, "I'm barely Alive"

sounds exactly like he was pissed (as in above pissed, not pissed off).

Anyway, we all have our bad days/moments.
    At least he's not staying that way the whole show...and as long he's not pissed at me :o