Options

Emotional Tonight in Milwaukee?

SkeeterBSkeeterB If I knew where it was, I would take you there... Posts: 422
edited June 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
Something happened tonight. Not sure what, but Ed dedicated the show to someone. Later on, he mentioned how it was a really emotional night for the band. Near the end of the show, he went on for a few minutes talking about how life is fragile, and you need to love the people around, etc. I'm very curious what he was talking about, but it was clear that something not so great happened to someone close to the band.
Fighting childhood obesity...
www.amazingathletes.com/northchi
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    AbnerielAbneriel Posts: 109
    today is the 6 year anniversary of the tragedy that happened in Denmark...
    www.myspace.com/abneriel
  • Options
    Eliot RosewaterEliot Rosewater Posts: 2,684
    It's actually tomorrow....the 30th. Well, it's the 30th now, but you know what I mean.
  • Options
    AbnerielAbneriel Posts: 109
    It's actually tomorrow....the 30th. Well, it's the 30th now, but you know what I mean.
    oh yeah, you're right...it's just late here and I forgot haha!!!

but yeah, today's the date.

I know he talked about it a bit in Cincy...but that may have been due to the venue (same venue that The Who were in and had their tragedy in 1979)
    www.myspace.com/abneriel
  • Options
    markinsandmarkinsand Posts: 184
    he brought up sleator kinney and how their hearts are with them?!
  • Options
    hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,864
    Ed was clearly shaken by someting, he mentioned it happened earlier today. He was getting condolence pats and hugs from the guys all night. I don't think it is the anniversary thing, though maybe he remembered it today by chance, and that was what occurred???Though I doubt that has ever left his mind so by chance seems slim.

Sleater K, is not new news, so that probably is out too
  • Options
    votegirlvotegirl Posts: 95
    It also could be the fact that their friend, Pete Gammons is recovering from a brain aneurysm.
    I burst, out
    I'm transformed!
  • Options
    markinsandmarkinsand Posts: 184
    hrd2imgn wrote:
    Ed was clearly shaken by someting, he mentioned it happened earlier today. He was getting condolence pats and hugs from the guys all night. I don't think it is the anniversary thing, though maybe he remembered it today by chance, and that was what occurred???Though I doubt that has ever left his mind so by chance seems slim.

Sleater K, is not new news, so that probably is out too

he kept talking about them
  • Options
    ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    6 year anniverssary would make sense if they were emotional. Nice ot see the guys get emotional every now and then.
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • Options
    nimsu8nimsu8 Posts: 321
    except it seemed more recent..
    Buffalo - 1996; Montreal, Hartford - 1998; San Antonio - 2003; Milwaukee - 2006; Berkeley II - 2008; MSG I - 2008

MSG I pics: http://s284.photobucket.com/albums/ll22/nimsu8/MSG 1/
  • Options
    obiwon76obiwon76 Posts: 568
    "Darkness comes in waves"....

Sleater Kinney, Peter Gammons, 6 year anniv of Rosklide...
    San Fran 92, San Fran 93, Berkeley 93, Indio 93, Fairfax 94, DC 95, San Fran 95, DC 95, Va Beach 98, Columbia 98, Dc 98, Va Beach 00, Columbia 00, Philly 03, Bristow 03, Chicago 06, Chicago 06, Dc 06, DC 08
  • Options
    JoanneJoanne Posts: 98
    Looks like everyone except for Matt (?) had Sleater Kinney t-shirts on?
    We're still making records for people who listen to it all the way through, eyes closed, in that space.
  • Options
    bejasbejas Posts: 10
    First of all.......... I loved the show. WOW... I can not wait for round 2 tonight. I must say though that the events of the day would indicate that something did happen. First of all the fan club tickets were delivered at 1:45 (almost 2 hours late). Second of all the band was suppose to start at 7:30 and didn't come out until 8:00. The memories of Rockslide are very emotional, but I sense it was something different tonight....possibly Sleater Kinney related, I dunno.
  • Options
    Joanne wrote:
    Looks like everyone except for Matt (?) had Sleater Kinney t-shirts on?

Well Jeff was wearing a b-ball jersey.

I believe someone did die at Summerfest. Not sure from what, but that was a rumor I heard
    Buffalo - 1996; Montreal, Hartford - 1998; San Antonio - 2003; Milwaukee - 2006; Berkeley II - 2008; MSG I - 2008

• Options
    Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,411
    For some reason, I thought it was Boom related.....like something with his family. Ed kept haning out with Boom and hugging him.

But taking into consideration the Roskilde, Peter Gammons, SK, and anything else, I say it was clearly more than one thing.
    Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
  • Options
    JoanneJoanne Posts: 98
    jbrotheim wrote:
    Well Jeff was wearing a b-ball jersey.

I believe someone did die at Summerfest. Not sure from what, but that was a rumor I heard

Some did say he had a Buck's jersey on. In the photo on tenclub, he's wearing a t-shirt. Must have been hot.
    We're still making records for people who listen to it all the way through, eyes closed, in that space.
  • Options
    Joanne wrote:
    Some did say he had a Buck's jersey on. In the photo on tenclub, he's wearing a t-shirt. Must have been hot.

I don't remember him taking off the Bucks jersey

• Options
    spitzdogspitzdog Posts: 85
    jbrotheim wrote:
    I don't remember him taking off the Bucks jersey[/quote

he wore the jersey for only the encore. it was the old bobby simmons #21 bucks. looked like someone tossed it out on stage for him
  • Options
    jamestr1jamestr1 Posts: 185
    it seemed to me like someone close to Ed or the band had died recently.

The reason they came on late was because Summerfest lost power for about 3 hours and it came back on late and they did a late soundcheck.

I didn't hear about anyone dying there, but maybe.
  • Options
    pjhabitpjhabit Posts: 211
    A friend of the band named Peter was in the hospital, due to "health difficulties". Witch is why they played Light Years in St. Paul. Maybe???? :(
    Boise 11/3/00~Fargo 6/15/03~Winnipeg 9/8/05~St. Paul 6/26/06~6/27/06
  • Options
    lockedlocked Boston Posts: 3,996
    what happened to Sleater Kinney?
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • Options
    pjhabitpjhabit Posts: 211
    locked wrote:
    what happened to Sleater Kinney?
    They broke up
    Boise 11/3/00~Fargo 6/15/03~Winnipeg 9/8/05~St. Paul 6/26/06~6/27/06
  • Options
    lockedlocked Boston Posts: 3,996
    PJ Habit wrote:
    They broke up

and that's a bad thing?

:)
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • Options
    hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,864
    I read in the Milwaukee news today a worker trying to fix the power outage was shocked pretty good and hospitalized (not dead thankfully). Maybe one of many factors?

Roskilde anny
    Peter Gammons
    Cincy fan getting hit by a van
    Sleater K calling it quits
    dude trying to get power so on they can play injured

what else?

That'd make a pretty shitty day for me, if I were them. Hope they have a better day today on a personal level, though it is the real anny of Roskilde today
  • Options
    Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,250
    OK, there has to be a way for the negative to leave. That's quite a bit of negative, eh? So, whatever it is that needs to be done for the negative to leave, just do it. This isn't addressed to anyone in particular, just the negative, just leave.
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    janegosfordjanegosford Posts: 179
    locked wrote:
    and that's a bad thing?

:)

To us fans, yes it is.