RUSH 2012 TOUR

kenny olavkenny olav Posts: 3,322
edited November 2012 in Other Music
I had the privilege of seeing these asskickin geezers last night in Manchester NH at their first show of this year's tour. I won't give away the set list... I'll just say it was pretty unusual, and I for one loved it. Geddy's voice sounded better than it has in many years. They've never had other musicians on stage with them before, but they added a string section for the second set and it worked out awesomely... they weren't just standing there either - they were rocking out!

But anyway, my main reason for starting this thread is just to share this one picture I took at the perfect moment...

A2SuBQkCUAAuQSc.jpg

This board needs a headbanging smilie.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Glad you enjoyed the show, one of my friends Flew over from Edinburgh, Scotland for the first 3- 4 shows.
    Glasgow cathouse-1992-2-23, San diego sports arena-1995-11-06 & 07, Glasgow secc-2000-06-03, Tampa st petes times forum-2003-04-13, London O2 arena-2009-08-18, Belfast odyssey arena-2010-06-23.Leeds 2014 - 07-08
  • kenny olavkenny olav Posts: 3,322
    Glad you enjoyed the show, one of my friends Flew over from Edinburgh, Scotland for the first 3- 4 shows.

I hope he likes the set list! Because not everyone was happy with it.
  • Very strange setlist....
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • kenny olav wrote:
    Glad you enjoyed the show, one of my friends Flew over from Edinburgh, Scotland for the first 3- 4 shows.

he's been a fan since day 1, and seen them live god knows how many times, loves all their stuff, so i'm sure he'll love it. besides its great when a band plays a setlist that isn't just the hits or whats expected..

I sometimes wonder why some band put other songs on albums if all they're gonna play is the hits.
    Glasgow cathouse-1992-2-23, San diego sports arena-1995-11-06 & 07, Glasgow secc-2000-06-03, Tampa st petes times forum-2003-04-13, London O2 arena-2009-08-18, Belfast odyssey arena-2010-06-23.Leeds 2014 - 07-08
    kenny olav wrote:

he's been a fan since day 1, and seen them live god knows how many times, loves all their stuff, so i'm sure he'll love it. besides its great when a band plays a setlist that isn't just the hits or whats expected..

I sometimes wonder why some band put other songs on albums if all they're gonna play is the hits.

I hear ya... and I should've assumed that if someone is willing to fly across the ocean to see a band, he probably doesn't care much about what they play! Rush only has 4 or 5 clunkers if you ask me, and they didn't play any of those.
  • I never miss a Rush show when they come to the area. They have toured pretty regularly for the past 10 years or so bet I have seen them 7 times in that span...I was going to pass this time around, but now seeing that setlist...I'm back in!
  • I already have tickets for Nov 28th in Dallas....can't wait!!! And I'm totally fine with the setlist!

:ugeek: :ugeek:
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me

06/26/2011 - EV - Detroit, MI
    09/03 and 09/04/2011 PJ20 - Alpine Valley
    06/20 and 06/21/2012 - PJ - Manchester, UK
    11/13 and 11/16/2012 - EV - Houston, TX and Dallas, TX
    07/29/2013 - PJ - Wrigley Field, Chicago, IL

11/15/2013 - PJ - Dallas, TX
    11/16/2013 - PJ - Oklahoma City, OK
    10/03/2014 - PJ - St. Louis, MO
    10/08/2014 - PJ - Tulsa, OK
    10/12/2014 - PJ - ACL Festival, Austin, TX
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,486
    Weiiirddd

Thanks!
  • This board needs a headbanging smilie.[/quote]

\m/ :twisted: \m/
  • I wouldn't have liked that set list at all if it was the first time that I saw them live but being a Rush junkie that has seen the a few times already, I loved that set list.
    I feel sorry for the casual fan or the girlfriends that got dragged along but Rush phanatics will love the setlist.
    New album is "meh" at best but they are still one of the best live acts around.
  • BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292
    That was my 20th Rush show and I loooooooved the changed up setlist. That whole first set kept me on my toes. I saw some songs I had either never seen or hadn't seen in a very long time. Can't wait for the Boston show next month!!
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    territamu wrote:
    I already have tickets for Nov 28th in Dallas....can't wait!!! And I'm totally fine with the setlist!

:ugeek: :ugeek:

I'll see you there!
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
    BryanWeb wrote:
    I wouldn't have liked that set list at all if it was the first time that I saw them live but being a Rush junkie that has seen the a few times already, I loved that set list.
    I feel sorry for the casual fan or the girlfriends that got dragged along but Rush phanatics will love the setlist.
    New album is "meh" at best but they are still one of the best live acts around.

New album is the best in a very long time.
    I had read rumors that there are two different set lists... and it turned out to be true. The DC show tonight had a slightly different set list than the Manchester show had. There's an A set list and a B set list and they are made different by five songs. I can tell you that I prefer the B set list. Boston will be getting the B set list, so it looks like Rush will be getting twice as much money from me this year... and that's fine by me!
    kenny olav wrote:
    I had read rumors that there are two different set lists... and it turned out to be true. The DC show tonight had a slightly different set list than the Manchester show had. There's an A set list and a B set list and they are made different by five songs. I can tell you that I prefer the B set list. Boston will be getting the B set list, so it looks like Rush will be getting twice as much money from me this year... and that's fine by me!

I prefer set A by a smidge, but since I will see set B in Boston I'll get it all!
  • g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,120
    I don't want to see the setlist because after seeing them 46 times by my last count they could play b hits and i would be happy. The stranger the setlist the better...the more off beat songs they play the better....I seen and heard all or most of the usual hits.

So Tampa I'm salavating for their return to Florida and to know they may have different setlists makes this my most anticipated 2.gif concert since
    Vapor Trails of which I saw 4 times.

PS: If they dropped Tom Sawyer, NOW THAT would be super strange. :shock:

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

Be prepared to be pleasantly surprised :)
    kenny olav wrote:
    I had the privilege of seeing these asskickin geezers last night in Manchester NH at their first show of this year's tour. I won't give away the set list... I'll just say it was pretty unusual, and I for one loved it. Geddy's voice sounded better than it has in many years. They've never had other musicians on stage with them before, but they added a string section for the second set and it worked out awesomely... they weren't just standing there either - they were rocking out!

But anyway, my main reason for starting this thread is just to share this one picture I took at the perfect moment...

A2SuBQkCUAAuQSc.jpg

This board needs a headbanging smilie.

1022.gif

There ya go... :D Courtesey of the rush forum

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

BinFrog wrote:

Ahhh BinFrog....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qw9oX-kZ_9k

8-)

Peace

g under p wrote:
    BinFrog wrote:

8-)

Peace

Tell me what you hope to see...
    BinFrog wrote:
    g under p wrote:
    BinFrog wrote:

8-)

Peace

Tell me what you hope to see...

Honestly, I don't care after hearing MP (I had to hear *The Camera Eye* before I die in person, I closed my eyes just to get the feeling of that song live all 3 times) in it's entirety 3 times don't care. Geddy's voice at this point has a hard time handling the 70's high pitched songs all tour long. Clockwork Angels is a throwback style album...play half of that along with the synth era songs and that would be just fine for me.

I'm just happy and lucky that my favorite ROCK band is STILL putting out albums and touring. BF this won't last forever for all we know this could just be their very last tour.

Peace

8-)8-)8-)
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,380
    RUSH KICKS ASS :mrgreen:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • As a fan of Power Windows, I'm looking forward to this show and the setlist. I haven't seen these guys in 20 years (Roll the Bones tour), but the new album is surprisingly good. Seeing them Saturday!
    It is time to admit that we used to rock like hurricanes. It is time to run for the hills and go round and round. It is time for us to shout at the devil. We've got the right to choose it, there ain't no way we'll lose it, and we're not gonna take it anymore.
    - C. Klosterman
    DocChicago wrote:
    As a fan of Power Windows, I'm looking forward to this show and the setlist. I haven't seen these guys in 20 years (Roll the Bones tour), but the new album is surprisingly good. Seeing them Saturday!

RTB was my first Rush show.
  • I haven't seen them since the R30 tour, I'm really tempted to grab a ticket to one of the Toronto shows (ie, the one that isn't sold out).
    Somebody posted this about ALL the complaining on the band's setlist....there's been a ton of whining.

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/ ... 662754.jpg

I thought it was funny :lol:

Peace

g under p wrote:
    Somebody posted this about ALL the complaining on the band's setlist....there's been a ton of whining.

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/ ... 662754.jpg

I thought it was funny :lol:

Peace

I really want to see it but the site keeps timing out
  • NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    going next month cant wait!
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....
  • NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    edited October 2012
    finally tracked down the setlist a&B

not bad... XXXXXXXXXX, and hopefully XXXXXXXXXX I get to see.

lol messed it up more
    Post edited by Nami on
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....