How come they havent been playing Big Wave?

edited May 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
I love that song...
Nothing Better than Leather, man!

''i dont wanna think, i wanna feel''
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• HailHailVitalogyHailHailVitalogy Posts: 4,506
    i do too, its one of my favorites on the album

if i hear it, ill go nuts
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,392
    You're right. They SHOULD play it soon.

I like it!!! :D:D
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • theyll probably play it more once they get to the coast
    Columbus 03/Cleveland 06 BABY!
  • TruthmongerTruthmonger Posts: 559
    I love that song...

Just noticed that you were also the guy who thought Pearl Jam was better than Yield. That's OK, I'm always struck by people's likes/dislikes when it comes to PJ - and whats obvious is that you and I seem to have opposite views on PJ songs. So why hasn't PJ played Big Wave ? Personally, I'd say b/c it blows !!! Weakest song on the album.
  • Just noticed that you were also the guy who thought Pearl Jam was better than Yield. That's OK, I'm always struck by people's likes/dislikes when it comes to PJ - and whats obvious is that you and I seem to have opposite views on PJ songs. So why hasn't PJ played Big Wave ? Personally, I'd say b/c it blows !!! Weakest song on the album.

I appreciate your honesty.

I may like what you dislike, its the way the cookie crumbles.

at least we both love PJ, we're ok on that, right? Right? ..? lol
    Nothing Better than Leather, man!

''i dont wanna think, i wanna feel''
  • Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,275
    As most PJammers would agree, no studio version of ANY song is better than the live one. bf is waiting for Big Wave so he can make a live mini disc of Pearl Jam. It's absolutely killing him. I would like to hear it too. Maybe soon.
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • LOVE big wave and the new album is their best to date in my opinion (used to be Yeild)

8/25/00NY, 9/1/00NJ, 4/30/03NY, 7/2&3/03MSG, 7/14/03NJ, 10/13/04 EdW/Boss, 9/24&25/05 St Johns, 5/13/06CT, 5/27&28/06NJ, 6/1/06NJ, 6/3/06NJ, 6/24/06 OH, 7/15-16/06CA, Lolla07, DC, MSGx2, MA1, ED SOLO NYC1&2!
  • an awesome song that i hope they play in cleveland
  • SpartanacusSpartanacus San Diego Posts: 794
    They're waiting for Cincy to premier Big Wave and Parachutes...don't you know? :)
  • jchais01jchais01 Posts: 129
    Big Wave is cool, but I'd rather hear "Inside Job"....my favorite on the album by far!
    "Delight in Our Youth"
  • Edge34Edge34 Ottawa Posts: 233
    I love this song also. I just assumed that they might play it in Surf locations, San Fran, Austrailia, etc. Maybe that's just me.
  • bacchanalbacchanal Posts: 149
    they will debut it in SD of course,,,followed by spin the black circle and comatose!!!
  • SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    I DONT KNOW WHY THEY HAVNT BUSTED OUT BIG WAVE YET. HOPEFULLY WHEN THEY GET OUT HERE TO CALI IT'LL MAKE AN APPEARNCE!!! :D ITS THE BEST SONG ON THE NEW CD!!!!!!!!!!
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    Spartancus wrote:
    They're waiting for Cincy to premier Big Wave and Parachutes...don't you know? :)

yeah cause that'll be the rehearsal for PHILLY!!!!
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • gusturtlegusturtle Posts: 440
    Sprunkn7 wrote:
    bf is waiting for Big Wave so he can make a live mini disc of Pearl Jam. It's absolutely killing him. I would like to hear it too. Maybe soon.

we'd still need 'parachutes' to be played before we get the whole new album live. hopefully very soon that will be possible.
  • bigshashabigshasha Posts: 38
    Big Wave will make its debut in San Diego.
    I wanna run like the lions.
  • SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    bigshasha wrote:
    Big Wave will make its debut in San Diego.
    YES!!!! LETS THINK POSITIVE ABOUT THIS. EVENFLOW I THINK BIG WAVE SHOULD MAKE AN APPEARANCE AT THE SANTA BARBARA SHOW SINCE ITS OUTDOORS AND NEAR THE OCEAN. BUT.....WE'LL SEE WHAT HAPPENS. LETS JUST HEAR BIG WAVE ALREDDIE!!!!!!!!!!
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • RiotAct10RiotAct10 Ohio Posts: 1,606
    I dont know, Im probably the only one, but from the first time Ive heard Big Wave, I thought it was sort of like a joke. Filler, not in the bad way, but like, its not meant to me taken as a serious song, like Bee Girl or Dirty Frank. But maybe thats just me.
    words seem so out of place.

8.21.00 Columbus | 6.24.03 Columbus | 7.9.03 NYC | 10.2.04 Toledo | 9.11.05 Kitchener | 5.20.06 Cleveland | 8.5.07 Chicago | 5.6.10 Columbus | 5.7.10 Noblesville | 5.9.10 Cleveland | 9.3.11 East Troy | 9.4.11 East Troy | 7.19.13 Chicago | 10.11.13 Pittsburgh | 10.1.14 Cincinnati | 4.8.16 Ft. Lauderdale | 4.9.16 Miami | 8.8.18 Seattle | 8.10.18 Seattle | 9.26.21 Dana Point | 10.1.21 Dana Point | 10.2.21 Dana Point | 9.16.22 Nashville | 9.17.22 Louisville | 9.18.22 St. Louis | 9.2.23 St. Paul | 9.15.23 Ft. Worth
    6.26.11 Detroit (EdVed) | 9.23.17 Louisville (EdVed) | 9.25.21 Dana Point (EdVed) | 10.01.22 Dana Point (EdVed) | 2.6.22 Newark (EdVed)
  • FoGFoG Posts: 34
    Sprunkn7 wrote:
    As most PJammers would agree, no studio version of ANY song is better than the live one.

Breakerfall - i love the voxish guitar underneath

Low Light - me personally, i don't like the way low light sounds live

Hail Hail - probably take the most flack for this one, but when Hail Hail comes bashing and crashing out of Sometimes and the pristine sounds of the drums and guitars...it gets me tingling everytime

just an opinion :)
    Of course I value your opinion. It's what makes you wrong and me right.