Lost dogs 2 / Stray Cats and other outtakes

Comments

• fortyshadesfortyshades Posts: 1,834
    *bump*

Maybe it was Olé? Anyone?

I doubt it. didn't Brenda O'Brien call the extra track "amazing" or something like that?

Well, what do you describe "amazing"? I did also hear somewhere that it was a very personal song.

Still, someone on this board must have heard it; a titlle, a description, anything that make our hunger and eager hearts beat a bit faster??? Pretty please, with icecream? Either way, I can put it on the Stray Cats list, which I may dub as "the-songs-we-will-never-hear" list.
  • ckravitzckravitz NJ Posts: 1,668
    Great thread btw. I have a serious "complete-ist" complex when it comes to PJ music and was trying to get the definitive PJ ORIGINAL list about a month ago. (http://community.pearljam.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=203983).

Let's keep this one going!
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    *bump*

I doubt it. didn't Brenda O'Brien call the extra track "amazing" or something like that?
    Definitely not Ole then.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    *bump*

Definitely not Ole then.

Nope, Olé doesn't sound all too personal. Has anyone heard this extra song? (I don't want a link, I don't even want to hear it until it is officially released) But *someone* must have heard it... Or was there a gag-order with the song?

Either way, if you hear, read or discovered other outtakes, put them here. Lets try to make this list as comprehensible as possible.
    Time to bump this one, to remind everyone how many unheard songs are out there...
    Time to bump this one, to remind everyone how many unheard songs are out there...

Agreed. And also for someone/anyone to provide some details about this extra Backspacer song!
    ckravitz wrote:

Agreed. And also for someone/anyone to provide some details about this extra Backspacer song!

I start to wonder if this rumor is true to begin with. It is hard to believe that a small group of people had heard this song and not even a title leaked.
  • primussucksprimussucks Posts: 2,294
    ckravitz wrote:

Early this year mike said that there were 2 songs from the backspacer sessions that might make it onto the new record.
    Summerfest 7/8/95
    Missoula 6/20/98
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98 & 6/27/98
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
    Champaign 4/23/03
    Alpine Valley 6/21/03
    Missoula 8/29/05
    Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Summerfest 6/29/06 & 6/30/06
    Tampa 6/12/08
    Chicago 8/23/09
    Indy 5/7/10
    Alpine Valley x2 2011
    Wrigley 2013
    Milwaukee 14
    Telluride 16
  • curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Brigadoon, foodie capital Posts: 3,218
    Early this year mike said that there were 2 songs from the backspacer sessions that might make it onto the new record.

Hmm. :think: Two songs?

I hope they release another set of outtakes. Lost Dogs is my favorite PJ album. :)
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.

Hmm. :think: Two songs?

I hope they release another set of outtakes. Lost Dogs is my favorite PJ album. :)

I am with you...
  • jordn6971jordn6971 Posts: 675
    Post deleted by Admin. Leaked songs are stolen songs and not ok to discuss here. Please see the Posting Guidelines about copyrights and thank you for respecting that.
    "There was a band playing in my head, and I felt like getting high"
  • VedHeadVedHead Rockford,IL,USA Posts: 407
    Bump for "Stray Cats" :lol:
    I'm trying to think of a really good signature.
  • studio Baba and Slow Leash.
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • sheri zona wrote:
    How about the improv from pink pop, talking heads cover

Love this!!!
    2006 Antwerp Belgium
    2007 Werchter Belgium
    2010 Nijmegen Netherlands,
    2010 Werchter Belgium
    2012 Werchter Belgium
    2014 Amsterdam 1 Netherlands
    2014 Werchter Belgium
  • Lost dogs or stray cats will come. Just have patience... Too few b-sides in the last decade. So good things to come.
    Cool topic bump.

Anyone have anything to add?
    Time to bump it. I now I am spoiled, but I am graving for some b-sides!!!
  • aennilaennil Posts: 415
    Dazzler said:

Transcendental Mental Clarity... was played in part on the Immagine DVD, an Ed chanting track similar to Arc or The Canyon

i just watched Immagine In Cornice and noticed this tune for the first time. (Weird, considering the amount of times i've seen the dvd ) But would love to hear more of this song!
    edited March 2014
    So could Pendulum have been the mystery song of Backspacer that only a few had heard. It could kinda fit after "the End"? I am still amazed that we heard nothing of this suppose elusive song that only a few heard...
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090

So could Pendulum have been the mystery song of Backspacer that only a few had heard. It could kinda fit after "the End"? I am still amazed that we heard nothing of this suppose elusive song that only a few heard...

Never heard this before
    www.cluthelee.com
  • BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,841
    edited March 2014
    I'd like to hear full versions of the Touring Band instrumentals too!

Off the top of my head...Thunderclap, Foldback and Harmony!?
    Post edited by BrainofBGA on
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14

Never heard this before
    It is in this thread somewhere...
    Time to bump this with the hiatus...
  • darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,465
    Open Road
  • Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,340
    A cover album would be kinda cool too.
    Time to bump this one after an hiatus from my side.
  • mschostokmschostok Chicago, IL Posts: 858
    Chinese with Ed singing would be actually unreal
    Milwaukee 2014
    MSG 2016 1&2
    Wrigley 2016 1&2
    Eddie Vedder Obama Farewell Address 2017
    Eddie Vedder Louisville, KY 2017
    London 2018 1
    Wrigley 2018 1&2
    St. Louis 2020
    Ok, put it on list. But that was just a rumor of an instrumental song, right?
  • goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,259
    edited January 2016
    2x4 and Cold Concession (or is it Cold Confession?) are definitely unreleased songs, and not songs that became Marker or Army Reserve. There was a bunch of Avocado-era songs that turned up online in the last year or so along with demos of the Avocado tracks.

Edit. I've deleted the song titles based on the admin post on jordan6971's comment above. Sorry.
    Post edited by goldrush on
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
    Well, I am just trying to compile a list of rumoured songs. Should be nothing wrong with that. These titles were all mentioned by the bandmembers themselves. Should be no reason to shut this down. I am not promoting illigal leaks. Just compiling our knowledge. Nothing is confirmed.

Besides, with the lack of b-sides, its time for Stray Cats! That would be a nice PJ surprise 25 in a closure kind of way.