Options

WHEN DO THE OLYMPICS START?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    Jason P wrote:
    Wrestling has been dropped from the Olympics.

:?
    really?how come?
    They are adding bocce bowling.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    Jason P wrote:
    Jason P wrote:

really?how come?
    They are adding bocce bowling.
    really???wtf is that
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,829
    Jason P wrote:

That's messed up!!!

http://sports.nationalpost.com/2013/02/ ... -olympics/
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    I'd rather have Rugby than Wrestling but it seems there are other sports that should be dropped before wrestling. Money is a mf-er.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,744
    It's funny that people are actually pretending to care about olympic wrestling. It's kinda like when people pretend to care about cycling w/ all of the Lance Armstrong stuff. As long as something is in the news, people will act like they are about it.
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    It's funny that people are actually pretending to care about olympic wrestling. It's kinda like when people pretend to care about cycling w/ all of the Lance Armstrong stuff. As long as something is in the news, people will act like they are about it.
    I don't lose sleep over it ... but I find it very odd that a sport with so much participation from many countries and has a very rich history in the Olympics is ditched.

I suspect that the governing wresting body didn't pay their "tithing / bribe" to the Olympics committee.
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    Jason P wrote:
    I don't lose sleep over it ... but I find it very odd that a sport with so much participation from many countries and has a very rich history in the Olympics is ditched.

I suspect that the governing wresting body didn't pay their "tithing / bribe" to the Olympics committee.

As someone who wrestled, I think it's bad that it is getting tossed. There is a lot of countries that participate in it, as well as it being one of the original Olympic sports.

Rugby 7's is cool, I also played that in college and there are a lot of countries that play it.

I think adding golf is a joke.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,275
    my buddy is a high school wrestling coach. he's pretty pissed.

wait....are the olympics starting up again soon? didn't they just end? i'm confused... :?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

Really? Golf is a worldwide game. I think it's great that it is being added. Individual and team competitions in golf will be pretty cool, I think.
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883

Really? Golf is a worldwide game. I think it's great that it is being added. Individual and team competitions in golf will be pretty cool, I think.

True, but an Olympic medal will never be as good as a Green Jacket, or winning any other Major. Golf has 4 other events every year that will mean more than the Olympics. Plus the cups. Same as football, the Olympic medal is nowhere close to the same as winning the world cup. Or even tennis with the 4 majors. Rugby also has its own world cup. Wrestling had the Olympics and that was it.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options

True, but an Olympic medal will never be as good as a Green Jacket, or winning any other Major. Golf has 4 other events every year that will mean more than the Olympics. Plus the cups. Same as football, the Olympic medal is nowhere close to the same as winning the world cup. Or even tennis with the 4 majors. Rugby also has its own world cup. Wrestling had the Olympics and that was it.

Oh yeah, obviously winning a major wont compare with the olympics. But I think it's great for golf since it is such a worldwide sport. That is unfortunate for wrestling. So there is no world championships or anything like that for wrestling?
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364

Oh yeah, obviously winning a major wont compare with the olympics. But I think it's great for golf since it is such a worldwide sport. That is unfortunate for wrestling. So there is no world championships or anything like that for wrestling?

What about Wrestlemania? :lol:
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,275
    Soon?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    2 years bro.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014