Options

Art for the greater good.

hel78hel78 Posts: 21
edited August 2012 in The Art Wall
There's a bit of a story to go with this one - About a month ago, a group of friends from our small town in outback Western Australia got together to enter a competition. The basis of the contest was to build a 'Monument to good times' out of milk cartons. With a $10'000 prize on offer, we decided to enter the contest & vowed if we won we would donate the money to a family in our small town whose 3 year old boy has Lyme Disease. Australian medical officials & our government say that Lyme disease doesn't exist in Australia (not true - we have proof), so our friends have had to seek medical advice & medications from the U.S., which is very costly.
No-one could think of what to build as our entry. Then one night while watching Single Video Theory I had an idea, "How cool would it be to make a drum kit out of milk cartons for the contest". Everyone loved the idea, and we expanded it to make a whole 'band kit'.
Last week we got the news that we won the contest & now we can give the money to our friends for their sons medication.
Music inspires art for the greater good of helping others. Thank you to all the PJ fans in Australia who voted for us on facebook :)
MilkCartonBandSet.jpg
Untitled-3.jpg
Can't buy what I want because it's FREE!!!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    LH255703LH255703 Posts: 112
    Just great!
  • Options
    sickgirlsickgirl Posts: 139
    Awesome, great job!
    I can understand how that family must feel, about 15 years ago my brother had gotten a tick on him. My parents asked his doctor to check him for lymes disease, as he had symptoms, including the "bulls eye." They brushed them off saying that we didn't have that here. It took over a year for them to finally test him, and it came out positive. He's almost 19 now, and doing pretty well, but will still have problems always. It's so frustrating, because if they had checked for it when my parents first asked, they could have cured it. I tend to ramble a bit, sorry. Anyways though, Congrats! It's awesome what you guys are going to do with the money, it's going to mean the world to them for sure, not just the money part of it, but that someone was thinking about them.
    Fuck Cancer, fucking jerk
  • Options
    he.who.forgetshe.who.forgets Posts: 4,593
    this is too cool!! Congrats!!
    We were but stones your light made us stars
  • Options
    mikalinamikalina Posts: 7,206
    That is just awesome - thank you for sharing.... :thumbup:
    ********************************************************************************************* image