Options

Let Your Voice Be Heard

Comments

• Options
    jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,834
    lolobugg said:

Please consider doing a poster pre-sale for fan club members for the Wrigley and Fenway shows.
    here is a link to the petition we have going.

http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/250521/petition-for-online-wrigley-poster-pre-order#latest

+1 #beattheheat #enjoythecity #prepartyblitz
  • Options
    TimoRitzenTimoRitzen Posts: 147

guy I know w/ Warner Bros. says TMR show tonight will be Third Man vault package w/ discount to 10C members!!

Got the e-mail indeed and I`ve just placed my order. It`s great to see that for this TMR worked together with 10C and made this available for 10C members so that you don`t have to get a subscription. This set sounds like a real gem and is going to be a wonderful addition to any PJ collection, can`t wait to get it (although the customs fees are going to be insane wich indeed would be nice if 10C could do something about that in the future)
  • Options
    TimoRitzenTimoRitzen Posts: 147
    On a very different note, though. I was just putting in my pre-order for the new vault vinyl set. How is it possbile that shipping it to The Netherlands went up well over $ 7,- compared to the previous vault vinyl set?? total shipping is now $ 37,49, making the total order price $ 87,49!!!!!! that is totally insane, 10C. You really need to do something about this and quick, too.
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    I'm sick of losing.
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    javis el errantejavis el errante Buenos Aires Posts: 6,136
    I've just remembered that I never got the 2014 10C gift, poster sucks, but still, I didn't get it...
    CK150886 said:

photo 996D4EA0-F0C8-4E71-9211-845F32FD8554.jpg

... I am not in the business of being liked anymore ...

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,515
    edited July 2016
    I know it's been mentioned a ton of times already, but just a reminder: A LOT of people would really appreciate it if 10C would sell single tickets as well as pairs, and it would make things a lot more fair too.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,422
    PJ_Soul said:

I know it's been mentioned a ton of times already, but just a reminder: A LOT of people would really appreciate it if 10C would sell single tickets as well as pairs, and it would make things a lot more fair too.

YES, this right here.
  • Options
    melpumelpu Posts: 44
    Another plea to limit the first go round of tour lotteries to one pair per member. Thanks for listening.
    "We feel like we could play just about anything, and you fuckers would know it."
    EV

"Hey, it’s not like we come into your house demanding bacon and eggs... what I’m saying is, if you offered us pancakes, we’d eat pancakes."
    EV
  • Options
    AfghanTwilightAfghanTwilight Rochester, NY Posts: 835

On a very different note, though. I was just putting in my pre-order for the new vault vinyl set. How is it possbile that shipping it to The Netherlands went up well over $ 7,- compared to the previous vault vinyl set?? total shipping is now $ 37,49, making the total order price $ 87,49!!!!!! that is totally insane, 10C. You really need to do something about this and quick, too.

That's ridiculous! I'd almost suggest you go the trade route rather than bow to those fees.
  • Options
    SOLAT319SOLAT319 Posts: 4,564
    Would love to see pay-per-view live coverage of shows. I know I wouldn't be the only fan who'd get super excited about that and wouldn't mind paying for them.
    I have no patience for bad music and stupid people...

The whole world will be different soon the whole world will be RELIEVED

#resistgezi #resistturkey #resisttaksim #direnturkiye #direngezi
    #standingman #duranadam
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,154
    Hope every time u change the site we dont have pro as we have again now
    Cant log in either in forum or website from pc...
    Finally i did from mobile so i can post this
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    seykooooahseykooooah Istanbul Posts: 32

In the morning I had same problem but now it seems Ok.
    God Pearl Jam on you!

July 2, 2012 Prague.
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177

It happened last time there was a major update as well. They tend to do about 80% - 90% of the work and then go live. Their IT guys half-ass the work, and let the users be the testers. Break/fix.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    jeffbr said:

It happened last time there was a major update as well. They tend to do about 80% - 90% of the work and then go live. Their IT guys half-ass the work, and let the users be the testers. Break/fix.
    Yeah, that is how it goes. We are the testers..... They really should at least call it "beta". I think that would have a positive psychological impact on everyone as they help 10C work out the kinks, lol. I work in online education, and when we come up with new systems or introduce new technologies or interfaces we test them on a very small number of users first. Like use one or two classes for a term to make sure we have all the issues totally worked out before unleashing it on everyone else. We inform those few test classes that we're doing this, and promise them vigilant support when they have any issues, and we ask for their feedback throughout the term so that we have a very clear vision of what works for them and what doesn't, and we are responsive to that feedback. And even that is done only after we've run the systems through rigorous internal testing.
    All that said, I don't think this was a really bad launch of a new website.... The issues for 10C have been relatively minor this time around, and a lot of members kind of overreact when the website or forum changes.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    PJ_Soul said:

jeffbr said:

Yeah, that is how it goes. We are the testers..... They really should at least call it "beta". I think that would have a positive psychological impact on everyone as they help 10C work out the kinks, lol. I work in online education, and when we come up with new systems or introduce new technologies or interfaces we test them on a very small number of users first. Like use one or two classes for a term to make sure we have all the issues totally worked out before unleashing it on everyone else. We inform those few test classes that we're doing this, and promise them vigilant support when they have any issues, and we ask for their feedback throughout the term so that we have a very clear vision of what works for them and what doesn't, and we are responsive to that feedback. And even that is done only after we've run the systems through rigorous internal testing.
    All that said, I don't think this was a really bad launch of a new website.... The issues for 10C have been relatively minor this time around, and a lot of members kind of overreact when the website or forum changes.
    Agreed. I don't think this update was horrible, but there were a lot of people who couldn't sign in at all. People were having issues with sign-in, accessing forums via mobile devices, incorrect info being displayed regarding order status, incorrect charges for tickets (I lost the lottery but it said my card was charged for $204 - it's fixed now), missing digital downloads, missing bootleg codes, etc... Like I said, they got it to about 90% and then turned it loose, rather than getting to 100%, doing some testing, making an announcement, and then rolling it out. It is the difference between amateurs and pros I guess.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    melpumelpu Posts: 44
    Just want to say thank you for today's ticket drop. It was exactly right. "Even the losers get lucky sometimes."
    "We feel like we could play just about anything, and you fuckers would know it."
    EV

"Hey, it’s not like we come into your house demanding bacon and eggs... what I’m saying is, if you offered us pancakes, we’d eat pancakes."
    EV
  • Options
    ZL29ZL29 Naptown Posts: 37
    Love the fact that you guys a listening!

My only request would be that you offer merch packages for shows. The idea is that once you win the lottery and get your ticket, you have the option to add on the:

Show Poster
    T-Shirt
    Sticker

It would be mailed to you and you wouldn't have to run from merch tent, to merch tent to try to find what you want. You could still sell some at the event, but this just helps us fans out. Also helps the design teams to get an idea of volumes needed.

THANK YOU for everything!!!
    Noblesville '98
    Noblesville '00
    Cincy '00
    WPB '03
    Noblesville '03
    Cincy '06
    Camden II '08
    Noblesville '10
    Cincy '14
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,223
    melpu said:

Just want to say thank you for today's ticket drop. It was exactly right. "Even the losers get lucky sometimes."

The Loser Takes It All
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    Tiz10Tiz10 South Florida Posts: 270
    I would love to see more "How to play" videos like the Mind your Manners & Sirens video where Mike gave us the lowdown on those jams.
    August 17th 1998 Indianapolis, IN
    August 18th 2000 Indianapolis, IN
    June 22nd 2003 Indianapolis, IN
    June 11th 2008 West Palm Beach, FL
    June 12th 2008 Tampa, FL
    October 15th 2013 Worcester, MA
    October 16th 2013 Worcester, MA
    October 3rd 2014 St.Louis, MO
    April 8th 2016 Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    April 9th 2016 Miami, FL
    April 11th 2016 Tampa, FL
    August 5th 2016 Boston, MA (Fenway 1)
    August 7th 2016 Boston, MA (Fenway 2)
    April 7th 2017 Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    I really like that fun fan highlights compilation short from Fenway 2 that you posted on twitter (and posted the tweet on your website). Would love to see more stuff like that! Like from each show? Enjoyed that more than just still photos. :) (but btw, what does "fan highlights" mean exactly? I thought it meant that all of the clips were actually filmed by fans, but I'm not sure).
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Options
    Please..lights out at the forum..come on
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    TBOTBO Posts: 16
    I think Pearl Jam should allow fan club members to buy back their original club number. This could be a huge charitable event for the Vitology Foundation. Simple concept...
    Pay for each year missed (at current rates) from the time you ORIGINALLY joined the 10 club. Fees then could be donated to the Vitology Foundation.
    Many of us who joined back in the 1990s during high school. May have let our membership lapse a couple times, but always came back. I don't remember exactly when I first joined, but willing to bet there is some kind of records. My first 10club tickets were at Agusta Maine 1996.
    I just want to get a little closer for Monday's Wrigley show...
  • Options
    TBO said:

I think Pearl Jam should allow fan club members to buy back their original club number. This could be a huge charitable event for the Vitology Foundation. Simple concept...
    Pay for each year missed (at current rates) from the time you ORIGINALLY joined the 10 club. Fees then could be donated to the Vitology Foundation.
    Many of us who joined back in the 1990s during high school. May have let our membership lapse a couple times, but always came back. I don't remember exactly when I first joined, but willing to bet there is some kind of records. My first 10club tickets were at Agusta Maine 1996.
    I just want to get a little closer for Monday's Wrigley show...

Thats unfair for.people didnt let their membership laps
    And thats the rules..u know when u did t renew u gonna lose your original number
    The system is just fine
  • Options
    TBOTBO Posts: 16
    I don't se how it would be unfair. They don't recycle the numbers do they? It's not like if fan #1 lets his or her membership lapse then fan 2 becomes fan 1. It's not like I wasn't a fan the years I couldn't afford the 10club.
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    TBO said:

I don't se how it would be unfair. They don't recycle the numbers do they? It's not like if fan #1 lets his or her membership lapse then fan 2 becomes fan 1. It's not like I wasn't a fan the years I couldn't afford the 10club.

Then give a chance fans joined at 2000 pay the previous years 1990-2000 and will be fans grom day one..how about that
    Rules are clear..to keep your seniority and number u pay every year..u let it lapse u lose it....system is just fine
    Someone become at 92 and stop paying at 95 cant go in front of a fan start 96 and disnt let it lapse till today cos now he can pay the years passed...i dont see how u dont see whats fair and whats not
    Membership is per year..to keep your seniority y need to pay every year..not every 10 years all together for the years u missed payment
    Post edited by dimitrispearljam on
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,141
    TBO said:

Yeah, I was 13 in 1991 when I heard them and didn't have a checkbook until I 1996 when I was 18 and joined. 150??? and going. Until there's no more fan club, I'll gladly pay up the dues. Though next year may go all digital.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    TBO said:

Seems pretty unreasonable to me.
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,141
    :time_out:
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    I went to the Guns N' Roses show and they had a huge merch trailer outside the venue-twice the size of the PJ merch trailers.
    Anywho, on FB, they kept posting about getting merch before the show, so I checked it out but didn't buy since they weren't clear on how it worked, but I have since think I figured it out.

*On the merch website, you click the city you are seeing the show in.
    *there is a list of everything for sale in the merch truck.
    *you pick what you want, shirts, hats, jackets, keychains, and indicate sizing.
    *you pay for everything you want and they include a small handling fee.
    *when you get to the venue, you walk up to the trailer and pick up your order and walk away.

https://shopsidestep.com/artists/56

Is there anyway you could do this at PJ shows? I ALWAYS seem to get stuck behind the person who has to try on everything and consult their friend if it looks cute or not. I can see the stuff, I know what I want, I know what size I want, I even have cash to speed things up. I just want my stuff, give you money, and leave.

PLEASE consider something like this!
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    RKCNDY said:

I went to the Guns N' Roses show and they had a huge merch trailer outside the venue-twice the size of the PJ merch trailers.
    Anywho, on FB, they kept posting about getting merch before the show, so I checked it out but didn't buy since they weren't clear on how it worked, but I have since think I figured it out.

*On the merch website, you click the city you are seeing the show in.
    *there is a list of everything for sale in the merch truck.
    *you pick what you want, shirts, hats, jackets, keychains, and indicate sizing.
    *you pay for everything you want and they include a small handling fee.
    *when you get to the venue, you walk up to the trailer and pick up your order and walk away.

https://shopsidestep.com/artists/56

Is there anyway you could do this at PJ shows? I ALWAYS seem to get stuck behind the person who has to try on everything and consult their friend if it looks cute or not. I can see the stuff, I know what I want, I know what size I want, I even have cash to speed things up. I just want my stuff, give you money, and leave.

PLEASE consider something like this!

Great idea!