Chicago Cubs baseball!!!

Comments

• Gtilley8Gtilley8 Detroit Posts: 985
    And I just want to say something here...

The amount of hatred, badmouthing, and often time utter disgust regarding the Cubs that has come from non-Cub fans these last 4 seasons is just absolutely astounding.  It's just utterly amazing how a team that has had a history of misfortune & shortcoming seems to get under the skin of so many people once they finally have some sot of continued success.  I really don't get it.  Seriously, what the fuck have the Chicago Cubs ever done to these people that just the sheer mention of anything good about the team makes their blood boil?  You don't see this scale of hatred & disgust for the Astros, the Indians, or the A's. You didn't see it for the Royals and Blue Jays who were in the ALCS just a couple years ago. You don't see it for the Nationals, the Brewers, the Rockies, or Diamondbacks.  And you really don't even see it for the Dodgers outside of Giants fans.  All of these teams have at least some recent history of not being very successful - at least in the postseason, if not at all together.  Yet these teams all get praise on a national scale now that they've either won or become perennial contenders.  I'm not saying everyone has to love the Cubs or become a fan.  But why all the hate??  I was absolutely elated for the Astros and Royals to win it all.  And even though they beat us in the NLCS, I was happy for the Dodgers that they made it back to the WS after a 30 year absence. And they gave us one of the best World Series I've ever witnessed with Houston last year.  I was happy we go to play the Indians 2 years ago because it meant someone was finally going to break a longstanding "curse."  Thank goodness we won, but if we would have lost, I'd have wanted it to be to the Indians.  It just makes me wonder, are people really that butt-hurt over the Cubs finally having some success that they are just hoping with every last breath to see them fall back into mediocrity again.  I mean, we have our own resident Cubs hater here, and for no good reason, especially given his team had a decades-long drought of their own.  I really just don't understand.  You'd think were the Yankees and have 26 titles they way people act about our team.  I mean, it honestly felt that, when we finally won it all, NO ONE was happy except Cubs fans and everyone else was fucking pissed.
    The amount comments I saw during/after 2016 WS that said something along the lines of "baseball is better when the Cubs suck" was amazing to me.  I think it mostly stems from having such a large fan base.  There's a cub fan in every office - they probably took the shit end of the stick from every other fan base - and suddenly, they got to puff their chest out and not have to take any BS.  That's my take.  
    2000 - 8/21 - Columbus, OH
    2003 - 6/18 - Chicago, IL
    2006 - 5/22 - Auburn Hills, MI
    2007 - 8/5 - Chicago, IL
    2015 - 9/26 - New York, NY
    2016 - 4/16 - Greenville, SC; 8/20 - Chicago, IL; 8/22 - Chicago, IL
    2018 - 8/18 - Chicago, IL; 8/20 - Chicago, IL

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3045
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,411
    #fakenews

There were tons of fans of other teams pulling for them and happy when they won. As with any winner, that first title in a run is gonna be the height of their popularity among then non fans. After that people want new blood. Cards, Red Sox, Yankees all get their share of hate. SFG have escaped it more than most, but I bet there’s a lot more of it out West that I haven’t seen.
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    Deep breath folks...the next 48 hours will be telling. 

"A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    Quintana usually pitches well at Wrigley. But so does Nova. Fingers crossed.
    And go Cards, ya red-crested fucks.  But only for today.  Fuck em when the weekend comes.
    Those filthy birds would intentionally fuck themselves just to fuck the Cubs.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    edited September 2018
    Throwing games like the 1919 Sox and shit...bastards! 
    Post edited by bbiggs on
    All right....let's GO!!!!!!!!
    What has this world come to?

I just looked at a TV and saw Matt Carpenter's stupid face and said to myself: "I hope he gets a double."

That's a major FML!
    What has this world come to?

I just looked at a TV and saw Matt Carpenter's stupid face and said to myself: "I hope he gets a double."

That's a major FML!
    Ha!  Exactly.  Those assholes are going to get swept in the only series I've ever wanted them to win.  Watch them turn into world beaters on Friday.  
    2007 - 8/5 - Chicago, IL

• DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,411
    bbiggs said:
    Throwing games like the 1919 Sox and shit...bastards! 
    I think you guys might be on to something...oy!!
    Blue totally squeezed Edwards there. Such bullshit. 4 out of 5 pitches were strikes and yet a walk was called. Fuck off ump!
    Cishek doing everything he can to blow this one.
    2007 - 8/5 - Chicago, IL

Gtilley8 said:
    Cishek doing everything he can to blow this one.
    What’s scary is he’s arguably the best we got. 
    Fucking Bartman part 2! Dude just snagged that ball from rizzo and now Cervelli smokes it a few pitches later. Unreal 
    And we’re tied. 
    Cervelli is the Pirates version of the Mets Daniel Murphy against the Cubs circa 2015.
    This game is a microcosm of the entire season.  I'm watching the game on an iPad, for the Rizzo play, the video lagged out, I missed it.  A fucking fan interfered?!  Wow.  
    2007 - 8/5 - Chicago, IL

Donald Fucking Trump isn’t fucking stupid enough your put Justin fucking Wilson in a fucking save situation in a must win fucking game. Jesus fucking Christ how god damn retarded is Joe fucking Maddon. Holy fucking fuck. A fucking 1st grader knows better than that. Jesus fucking Christ.
    Gtilley8 said:
    This game is a microcosm of the entire season.  I'm watching the game on an iPad, for the Rizzo play, the video lagged out, I missed it.  A fucking fan interfered?!  Wow.  
    Sure did. Rizzo was pissed too. This guy will be all over sports tv and radio. Especially if they lose. Get ready. 
    bbiggs said:
    Gtilley8 said:
    Sure did. Rizzo was pissed too. This guy will be all over sports tv and radio. Especially if they lose. Get ready. 
    Just saw the replay.  That asshat has to be out of his fucking mind.  You've got to be fucking kidding me.  Honestly, any fan that didn't learn from 15 years ago, ought to be expecting witness protection.  
    2007 - 8/5 - Chicago, IL

Gtilley8 said:
    bbiggs said:
    Gtilley8 said:
    Just saw the replay.  That asshat has to be out of his fucking mind.  You've got to be fucking kidding me.  Honestly, any fan that didn't learn from 15 years ago, ought to be expecting witness protection.  
    Yep. And then he pulled the ball away like a kid taking his toy and going home. Douche. 
    edited September 2018
    A fan didn’t interfere. Come on guys. The ball was in the stands. Should’ve never got to that situation.
    A fan didn’t interfere. Come on guys. The ball was in the stands. Should’ve never got to that situation.
    Rizzo 100% would have caught that ball if the fan backed away. Just saying. 
    Almora! Love this kid. Thank God we got the W. 
  • bflynn1bflynn1 Posts: 1,394
    Glad we pulled that one out. Sheesh.
    bbiggs said:
    Let’s not go there. Cubs fans ruined a man’s life. Learn from mistakes. 
    Almora = good
    Carl Edwards/Justin Wilson/ Dumbfuck fan = bad
    2007 - 8/5 - Chicago, IL

bbiggs said:
    Let’s not go there. Cubs fans ruined a man’s life. Learn from mistakes. 
    I hear ya man. And I’m not trying to ruin anyone’s life. Didn’t in 2003 either. I’m just calling what I see. And learning from mistakes goes two ways. Fans should learn from past mistakes as well in my opinion. If I’m sitting front row where there can potentially be a play on the ball, I’m mentally preparing before the game to back off on anything hit to me. If I’m wrong for having that mindset, so be it. 
  • RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393
    edited September 2018

The amount of hatred, badmouthing, and often time utter disgust regarding the Cubs that has come from non-Cub fans these last 4 seasons is just absolutely astounding.  It's just utterly amazing how a team that has had a history of misfortune & shortcoming seems to get under the skin of so many people once they finally have some sot of continued success.  I really don't get it.  Seriously, what the fuck have the Chicago Cubs ever done to these people that just the sheer mention of anything good about the team makes their blood boil?  You don't see this scale of hatred & disgust for the Astros, the Indians, or the A's. You didn't see it for the Royals and Blue Jays who were in the ALCS just a couple years ago. You don't see it for the Nationals, the Brewers, the Rockies, or Diamondbacks.  And you really don't even see it for the Dodgers outside of Giants fans.  All of these teams have at least some recent history of not being very successful - at least in the postseason, if not at all together.  Yet these teams all get praise on a national scale now that they've either won or become perennial contenders.  I'm not saying everyone has to love the Cubs or become a fan.  But why all the hate??  I was absolutely elated for the Astros and Royals to win it all.  And even though they beat us in the NLCS, I was happy for the Dodgers that they made it back to the WS after a 30 year absence. And they gave us one of the best World Series I've ever witnessed with Houston last year.  I was happy we go to play the Indians 2 years ago because it meant someone was finally going to break a longstanding "curse."  Thank goodness we won, but if we would have lost, I'd have wanted it to be to the Indians.  It just makes me wonder, are people really that butt-hurt over the Cubs finally having some success that they are just hoping with every last breath to see them fall back into mediocrity again.  I mean, we have our own resident Cubs hater here, and for no good reason, especially given his team had a decades-long drought of their own.  I really just don't understand.  You'd think were the Yankees and have 26 titles they way people act about our team.  I mean, it honestly felt that, when we finally won it all, NO ONE was happy except Cubs fans and everyone else was fucking pissed.
    because it's fun to watch rich white people suffer man...even if it's just cubs fans. that's my answer and i'm sticking to it. enjoy beating the cardinals and breaking drunk white people's, living 90 minutes away, hearts.
    Post edited by RW81233 on
    RW81233 said:

because it's fun to watch rich white people suffer man...even if it's just cubs fans. that's my answer and i'm sticking to it. enjoy beating the cardinals and breaking drunk white people's, living 90 minutes away, hearts.
    This made me laugh. Thank you. Needed a chuckle this morning.