Breaking Bad Season 5 **Contains Spoilers**

1434445464749»

Comments

• Indifference71Indifference71 ChicagoPosts: 12,781
    I know my second time thru the series, not only did I find myself picking up more details but I also found myself not rooting for Walt.  First time thru I think everyone is rooting for him - how's he going to get out of the situation this week? What obtacles does he have to overcome? Can he win again? Etc.  The second time through it's more of what a fucking asshole this guy is! You start seeing things more from everyone else's points of view and see how really terrible a person Walt is.  First viewing is like Hooray, Walt wins, fuck everyone!  Second viewing is much more empathetic to those affected by his actions.

Oh yeah definitely.  I was all on Walt's side first time through up until he poisoned Brock.  That's where you couldn't rationalize his behavior anymore.  Re-watch really makes you realize what a monster he turned into.  And while it was airing everyone seemed to be sympathetic towards Jesse....all the horrible stuff that happened to him at the end of the series made it easy to forget that he was a drug dealer and murderer.  
    6/18/03, 5/17/06, 6/30/06, 8/5/07, 6/22/08, 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 5/7/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 7/19/13, 11/21/13, 11/23/13, 11/24/13, 10/17/14, 10/20/14, 4/18/16, 4/20/16, 5/2/16, 5/3/16, 8/20/16, 8/22/16
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 9,628
    So amazing it takes you on such a ride it erodes your morality along with the "protagonist"
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BCPosts: 43,515
    edited November 9
    I know my second time thru the series, not only did I find myself picking up more details but I also found myself not rooting for Walt.  First time thru I think everyone is rooting for him - how's he going to get out of the situation this week? What obtacles does he have to overcome? Can he win again? Etc.  The second time through it's more of what a fucking asshole this guy is! You start seeing things more from everyone else's points of view and see how really terrible a person Walt is.  First viewing is like Hooray, Walt wins, fuck everyone!  Second viewing is much more empathetic to those affected by his actions.

Oh yeah definitely.  I was all on Walt's side first time through up until he poisoned Brock.  That's where you couldn't rationalize his behavior anymore.  Re-watch really makes you realize what a monster he turned into.  And while it was airing everyone seemed to be sympathetic towards Jesse....all the horrible stuff that happened to him at the end of the series made it easy to forget that he was a drug dealer and murderer.  
    Yup, that is exactly the moment I turned too. I remember I literally said, "I think Walt's finally broken bad!" when he poisoned the kid. Before that I was all on his side! I still loved his character of course, but after that moment I was all on Jesse's side instead.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 2,929
    I watched every episodeas it aired (except the series premier-caught a re-run of that before episode to aired). I just re-watching it for the first time since it aired.
    I forgot how fast it moves! I remember thinking killing Crazy-8 was near the end of season 1. That was all episode 1 and 2! Really does move so much faster than BCS. Forgot how great it was.
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 5,109
    mace1229 said:
    I watched every episodeas it aired (except the series premier-caught a re-run of that before episode to aired). I just re-watching it for the first time since it aired.
    I forgot how fast it moves! I remember thinking killing Crazy-8 was near the end of season 1. That was all episode 1 and 2! Really does move so much faster than BCS. Forgot how great it was.
    Samer here. So much happens. I'm near the end of season 4 on my rewatch. As someone else mentioned, I really detest Walt now because he's such a horrible person. Mike, Jesse and Gus were much more likeable "bad guys". I am going to miss Gus. I forgot how much I really started to like his character in season 4. Especially after we found out about the backstory of his connection with the cartel.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 27,012
    tbergs said:
    mace1229 said:
    Samer here. So much happens. I'm near the end of season 4 on my rewatch. As someone else mentioned, I really detest Walt now because he's such a horrible person. Mike, Jesse and Gus were much more likeable "bad guys". I am going to miss Gus. I forgot how much I really started to like his character in season 4. Especially after we found out about the backstory of his connection with the cartel.
    Just me or does Gus come off as a much worse person in Saul than he does in BB?  Although he does threaten to kill an infant in BB.