Breaking Bad Season 5 **Contains Spoilers**

Comments

• JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    I thought the way the episode ended with the 1st part of the shootout was tremendous. My heart was pounding when the credits were rolling. The transition to the next episode could've been a little smoother.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,211

what was so bad about the shootout? that hank wasn't killed sooner?

There were like 8 guys bad guys with high powered rifles versus 2 guys with a dinky handgun and a shotgun....and it went on forever....and Walt ducks to the floorboard where half the bullets were going, but comes out unscathed. Hank pops up 5-6 times with his head and gun over the hood of the car and none of those guys took his head off? a couple thousand rounds and Hank get nicked in the leg? It was just too much.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    A lot of convenient things happened in the last few episodes. That is the only issue I have with the show at all.
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    edited March 2014
    I think yous are nerdin it up a little too much, yeah? It's a TV show - a drama, which is dramatizing a shootout for.......the drama.

It's a great show.

And you don't have an issue with the machine gun popping out of a trunk and blowing away an entire crew of neo-nazis? This made even less sense, but didn't it make you go "FUCK YEAH" when it was over?

I like that it was convenient. For once I was given a show that tied up all the loose ends and was wrapped up in a pretty bow.
    Post edited by Jearlpam0925 on

I think yous are nerdin it up a little too much, yeah? It's a TV show - a drama, which is dramatizing a shootout for.......the drama.

It's a great show.

And you don't have an issue with the machine gun popping out of a trunk and blowing away an entire crew of neo-nazis? This made even less sense, but didn't it make you go "FUCK YEAH" when it was over?

I like that it was convenient. For once I was given a show that tied up all the loose ends and was wrapped up in a pretty bow.

Yeah that machine gun scene was kinda lame too actually. I'm just bitching about the other shoot out because it was such a cool plot twist, and all the drama and story was so great leading up to such an intense moment...then that shootout...me and my wife were looking at each other like "wtf?" That was lame. It just coulve been done better in my opinion.

I do love the show. and I feel that more succinct and accurate portrayals are more moving...like when they shoot the mother (Jesse's ex girlfriend)...that was intense and sad as hell. I cringed at the power of the scene. It made my heart sink. The other shootout - I was just glad it was over because it was embarrassing.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364

A lot of convenient things happened in the last few episodes. That is the only issue I have with the show at all.

Walter White, Skinny Pete and Badger made those things happen!
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,719

what was so bad about the shootout? that hank wasn't killed sooner?

There were like 8 guys bad guys with high powered rifles versus 2 guys with a dinky handgun and a shotgun....and it went on forever....and Walt ducks to the floorboard where half the bullets were going, but comes out unscathed. Hank pops up 5-6 times with his head and gun over the hood of the car and none of those guys took his head off? a couple thousand rounds and Hank get nicked in the leg? It was just too much.
    This. Unrealistic behavior completely takes me out of the moment. I could see the machine gun part happening, but not this lame shootout.

severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17

LOOKING FOR TIX TO MSG NIGHT 2

It's a great show.

Idk, the machine gun was too much for me. And it just so happened that gun didn't immediately kill Jesse, Todd or Walt. I was fine with the ending and liked it overall, but think it was slightly more cleaned up than it needed to be. I mean the ONLY thing that wasn't clean was his son and even then, he got him money.

I wanted Walt to win and he clearly did, but I also wouldn't have minded if he died in a worse way.
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723

It's a great show.

Idk, the machine gun was too much for me. And it just so happened that gun didn't immediately kill Jesse, Todd or Walt. I was fine with the ending and liked it overall, but think it was slightly more cleaned up than it needed to be. I mean the ONLY thing that wasn't clean was his son and even then, he got him money.

I wanted Walt to win and he clearly did, but I also wouldn't have minded if he died in a worse way.

I agree...the machine gun thing was a bit much. The problem is that the writers painted themselves into a corner with the flash forward that they had in the first episode of season 5 with Walt getting the machine gun in the parking lot.

Final 8 episodes are on netflix streaming now. May have to go back and watch those again soon.

It's a great show.

I agree...the machine gun thing was a bit much. The problem is that the writers painted themselves into a corner with the flash forward that they had in the first episode of season 5 with Walt getting the machine gun in the parking lot.

Final 8 episodes are on netflix streaming now. May have to go back and watch those again soon.
    Yeah, no doubt. But it did it have to be a mechanical gun. Shit a Scarface shootout would have been fine with me, haha.

Yeah, that's a good call. I'd like to go through the whole thing again at somepoint.
    Ohhhh all of a sudden everyone's shittin all over the ending of this show.

C'mon, you curmudgeons, it was awesome and I can rest easily knowing how it ended. Instead of like a bullshit show named The Sopranos.
    I am not saying I didn't like it, I said at the time that I liked it but it was way too clean.

Yeah, Sopranos ending sucked and the McNulty storyline in The Wire was dumb too.
    Yeah, I liked the way The Wire tied itself up as well.

And tomato pie poops all over your face.

Ohhhh all of a sudden everyone's shittin all over the ending of this show.

C'mon, you curmudgeons, it was awesome and I can rest easily knowing how it ended. Instead of like a bullshit show named The Sopranos.

Like I said, I liked the show a lot as a whole...im not shitting on the ending. There were sooooo many ways it could have gone. It was OK. I've learned to never expect much out the finale of these big series. I just wanted Jesse to plug Walt so bad!

Lemme see...what series had a good ending? Sienfeld? loved it. haha
    Dexter? Sucked.
    Sporanos? Fizzled...
    You say you didn't like this ending but you liked Seinfeld? You're shittin me right?

Dexter didn't look like a good show so I never gave it a chance.

You say you didn't like this ending but you liked Seinfeld? You're shittin me right?

Dexter didn't look like a good show so I never gave it a chance.

haha No I thought the ending of BB was OK.
    When I first saw the seinfeld ending, I was disappointed, but I laughed at it when I saw it again. Now i think it makes pefect sense. I dont expect anything form sitcom finales either. But didnt they all get convicted of something and go to jail in Seinfled? When I watch re-runs, it starts to make me realize how dysfunctional that group really was...and it was fitting that they were too selfish and new yorkerly (sorry Nyers! haha) to help out a guy getting mugged.

Dexter was awesome for 3-4 seasons, but I think writers change and the middle/exciting stuff of any series drama can get easily lost when wrapping it up.
  • Any EDM/Steve Aoki fans here?
    http://youtu.be/FKtbAQLMU6Q

Jesse Pinkman would approve
    Mansfield, MA - Jul 02, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 03, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 11, 2003; Boston, MA - Sep 29, 2004; Reading, PA - Oct 01, 2004; Hartford, CT - May 13, 2006; Boston, MA - May 24, 2006; Boston, MA - May 25, 2006; Hartford, CT - Jun 27, 2008; Mansfield, MA - Jun 28, 2008; Mansfield, MA - June 30, 2008; Hartford, CT - May 15, 2010; Boston, MA - May 17, 2010; [EV - Providence, RI - June 15, 2011; EV - Hartford, CT - June 18, 2011]; Worcester, MA - Oct. 15, 2013; Worcester, MA - Oct. 16, 2013; Hartford, CT - Oct. 25, 2013; Boston, MA -  August 5, 2016; Boston, MA - August 7, 2016...

• Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    Better Call Saul not coming out until February 2015....first clip below.

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/breaking-bad-spin-off-better-call-saul-gets-first-teaser-release-date/
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    stickfig13 wrote: »
    Heisenberg wrote:
    Noooooo. I don't want that show to end. I started getting season 5. One a week. I figure I should get to the last episode of that just before the new season starts. I love this show.

One a week....Yeah right. Like one chip or cookie at a time...., :D

I have watched 1 breaking bad a week (or longer) for well over a year now. Been very rewarding watching it and savoring every episode, reading reviews/recaps, looking forward to episodes etc. I have 6 episodes remaining...

Its been annoying avoiding spoilers (why I bumped a quote from 2013 I havent advanced past page 19 of the thread). I hate knowing anything about the show. I did stumble upon Fring's face-off prematurely and my dumbass fucking sister really had diarrhea of the mouth. I explained I dont want to know anything, how methodical I am in watching and savoring... and she asked where I was, and then asked if a very major character (who is still living in the show) is dead yet.

• Last-12-ExitLast-12-Exit Charleston, SC Posts: 8,661
    I loved this series. Not my favorite of all time, but definitely in the top 5. The characters were great, from Tuco to Jesse to hank. I was surprised Hank wasn't killed sooner. He annoyed me at first, but then I grew to like him. I hated his sons character. He always bugged me.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    MayDay10 wrote: »
    Heisenberg wrote:
    Noooooo. I don't want that show to end. I started getting season 5. One a week. I figure I should get to the last episode of that just before the new season starts. I love this show.

I have watched 1 breaking bad a week (or longer) for well over a year now. Been very rewarding watching it and savoring every episode, reading reviews/recaps, looking forward to episodes etc. I have 6 episodes remaining...

Its been annoying avoiding spoilers (why I bumped a quote from 2013 I havent advanced past page 19 of the thread). I hate knowing anything about the show. I did stumble upon Fring's face-off prematurely and my dumbass fucking sister really had diarrhea of the mouth. I explained I dont want to know anything, how methodical I am in watching and savoring... and she asked where I was, and then asked if a very major character (who is still living in the show) is dead yet.

How I envy you. Wish I could've done that. As much fun it is to binge watch, everything kind of blends together once you finish. Wish I would've taken more time.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Heisenberg wrote:

How I envy you. Wish I could've done that. As much fun it is to binge watch, everything kind of blends together once you finish. Wish I would've taken more time.
    Good point about binge watching tv shows. I've watched several series as it aired and a couple that I binge watched. It does seem to fit together better when you do watch it once a week.
  • The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Niagara region, Ontario, Canada Posts: 12,158
    I loved this series. Not my favorite of all time, but definitely in the top 5. The characters were great, from Tuco to Jesse to hank. I was surprised Hank wasn't killed sooner. He annoyed me at first, but then I grew to like him. I hated his sons character. He always bugged me.

Was it because he ate cereal all the time? Lol
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    Its been great. You just have to be real careful to avoid any kind of talk about the show, facebook posts, etc. I have done really well considering.

This show is definitely not for binge-watching the first run through.
    Heisenberg wrote:

Good point about binge watching tv shows. I've watched several series as it aired and a couple that I binge watched. It does seem to fit together better when you do watch it once a week.
    It's much better watching shows like that. I remember watching the 1st 2 seasons of lost on a binge and I just recall it as a blurred together mass.

This way. I get a cliffhanger and it does its job. I start thinking back to events and trying to figure out what is going to happen. It really makes each episode and the whole story stick. You also get a day where you look forward to watching your episode.
    You just gotta be careful to avoid spoilers.
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,244
    Better Call Saul is getting solid to great reviews so far!
    We'll see!
    mca47 wrote: »
    Better Call Saul is getting solid to great reviews so far!
    We'll see!

Has it aired yet?