Breaking Bad Season 5 **Contains Spoilers**

Comments

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    Nami wrote:
    not sure if this was posted already... :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtD3Qw6Stvk
    :lol::lol::lol: That's great. NOOOO!!!! Don't put it in the microwave!! :lol:

There is going to be a spin off about Saul???? Awesome!
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Any. Norm Macdonald fans? HE is a huge BB fan! and has been posting a bout it nonstop since the finale. He has a theory that Walt never made it out of NH. He dies in the car, as police approach. Everything that happens after that point, starting with the keys falling from the visor is the fantasy of a dying man. His main premise is that in a show where something always went wrong, everything went perfectly for Walt. Including driving a stolen car across the country unabated. and also that the finale is entirely walts story. I am not sure I subscribe to his theory, but it is fascinating to read about and to rewatch the finale with the theory in mind. Check him out on twitter. @normmacdonald
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    Any. Norm Macdonald fans? HE is a huge BB fan! and has been posting a bout it nonstop since the finale. He has a theory that Walt never made it out of NH. He dies in the car, as police approach. Everything that happens after that point, starting with the keys falling from the visor is the fantasy of a dying man. His main premise is that in a show where something always went wrong, everything went perfectly for Walt. Including driving a stolen car across the country unabated. and also that the finale is entirely walts story. I am not sure I subscribe to his theory, but it is fascinating to read about and to rewatch the finale with the theory in mind. Check him out on twitter. @normmacdonald

Big fan or Norm. Have seen him a few times live, loved the short lived podcast and do follow him on twitter. I don't really buy that theory, I think he is just trying to come up with an ending he likes to a show that he wasn't satisfied with the ending of. It was a pretty damn clean ending. EVERYTHING worked out. From what Gilligan has said, I don't think he has that thought in the least.
  • Jesse told the story of the box at rehab, walt never heard that story so that throws a wrench into that. I don't buy into this fantasy theory at all .
    Any. Norm Macdonald fans? HE is a huge BB fan! and has been posting a bout it nonstop since the finale. He has a theory that Walt never made it out of NH. He dies in the car, as police approach. Everything that happens after that point, starting with the keys falling from the visor is the fantasy of a dying man. His main premise is that in a show where something always went wrong, everything went perfectly for Walt. Including driving a stolen car across the country unabated. and also that the finale is entirely walts story. I am not sure I subscribe to his theory, but it is fascinating to read about and to rewatch the finale with the theory in mind. Check him out on twitter. @normmacdonald
    Damn, missed all that. I love Norm, and follow him on Twitter, but haven't been on Twitter much lately. :( Norm is the funniest stand up show I have ever seen. I almost peed my pants. :lol: But yeah, the ending of BB was perfect. I don't understand why anyone would be unhappy with it, but I'm glad I am.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Damn, missed all that. I love Norm, and follow him on Twitter, but haven't been on Twitter much lately. :( Norm is the funniest stand up show I have ever seen. I almost peed my pants. :lol: But yeah, the ending of BB was perfect. I don't understand why anyone would be unhappy with it, but I'm glad I am.

It was perfect for Walt. I don't think anyone else was thrilled with it.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:

It was perfect for Walt. I don't think anyone else was thrilled with it.
    Well no... I didn't mean that it was perfect for the characters. :lol: I was thinking about the audience and/or how all loose ends were tied.
  • HeisenbergHeisenberg Los Pollos Hermanos Posts: 4,957
    An actual obit placed in an Albuquerque newspaper

wwhiteobitAlbuquerqueJournal.jpg
    Heisenberg wrote:

Cool. :)
    Heisenberg wrote:
    I'm really not sure if I should believe that's real.... Why is it a foreign show but the promo is American? Or did someone just steal the footage from the real show, and mock up the promo (seems more likely, duh)?
  • PJFAN13PJFAN13 Posts: 1,422
    He has a theory that Walt never made it out of NH. He dies in the car, as police approach. Everything that happens after that point, starting with the keys falling from the visor is the fantasy of a dying man. His main premise is that in a show where something always went wrong, everything went perfectly for Walt. Including driving a stolen car across the country unabated. and also that the finale is entirely walts story. I am not sure I subscribe to his theory, but it is fascinating to read about and to rewatch the finale with the theory in mind.
    His theory has more holes than swiss cheese. :lol: the Breaking Bad tv show I watched last summer - to start season 5A - had a "flashforward" of Walt at Dennys making the #52 on his eggs, Skyler style. That same tv show, to start this summer's season 5B - showed Walt in yet another "flashforward" of Walt at his old house, getting the ricin saying HI to a shell shocked Carol. Those two scenes alone make it impossible for last Sundays ending to be a fantasy. Oh, and Cranston, Paul and Gilligan all said in many different interviews this week that it ended the way it played out on screen.
    Been fun seeing the theorists reach this week and the complainers talk about it being to tidy.
    It was fantastic.
    It's a TV show. And arguably the best start to finish story told on non-premium TV - EVER (no offense Dimi and you Lost fans). Hell, its in the covnvo of best all time on any screen in any medium.
    Rip Walt...hell of a ride...
    11.30.93~10.2.96~9.13.98~9.1.00~8.25.00~7.3.03~7.5.03
    7.9.03~9.28.04~10.1.05~5.12.06~5.13.06~5.27.06~5.28.06
    8.5.08(EV)~10.9.09~5.21.10~6.20.11(EV)~7.5.11(EV)~7.9.11(EV)
    11.21.13~8.27.16(EV)~11.14.16(TOTD)~4.13.20~9.27.20~9.26.21~10.2.21
    2.15.22 (EV)~2.25.22 (EV)~2.27.22 (EV)~5.3.22~5.7.22~9.17.24
  • tvismyfriendtvismyfriend Posts: 2,118
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Heisenberg wrote:
    I'm really not sure if I should believe that's real.... Why is it a foreign show but the promo is American? Or did someone just steal the footage from the real show, and mock up the promo (seems more likely, duh)?
    My guess would be that it's legit. I remember reading awhile back that they were going to film a Spanish version.
  • People have been telling him he's crazy all week. Esp. Regarding jesses enslavement and the woodworking. His answer is that he learned blue is still being made from Charlie Rose and deduced that the nazis would never have entered a partnership with a rat a nd thus must be holding jesse and forcing him to cook against his will. As for the woodworking, norm, who is much smarter than I, says it is a technique called " involution" I have no idea what. That means. I have asked hi but not gotten a response
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    Heisenberg wrote:

just it at facebook page,love it
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Heisenberg wrote:
    My guess would be that it's legit. I remember reading awhile back that they were going to film a Spanish version.

Unfortunately, it's legit.

http://www.complex.com/pop-culture/2013 ... irst-image
    Just got this news alert from the local Vancouver news radio station:

"VPD say van on fire on Oak St "may have been a mobile meth lab." Police hunting for two men who fled the scene."

:think: :lol:
  • RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,201
    Hey can somebody help me out here? I pre ordered the BB blu ray set weeks ago on amazon for 225 but the price just dropped to 202 so amazon should have to match that for me right? But in my order history it's still coming up as 225.
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    RiotZact wrote:
    Hey can somebody help me out here? I pre ordered the BB blu ray set weeks ago on amazon for 225 but the price just dropped to 202 so amazon should have to match that for me right? But in my order history it's still coming up as 225.

I believe they wait until it ships because it could drop further.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,201
    JK_Livin wrote:
    RiotZact wrote:

I believe they wait until it ships because it could drop further.

Sweet, thanks!
  • Dear Mister Cranston.

I wanted to write you this email – so I am contacting you through Jeremy Barber – I take it we are both represented by UTA . Great agency.

I’ve just finished a marathon of watching “BREAKING BAD” – from episode one of the First Season – to the last eight episodes of the Sixth Season. (I downloaded the last season on AMAZON) A total of two weeks (addictive) viewing.

I have never watched anything like it. Brilliant!

Your performance as Walter White was the best acting I have seen – ever.

I know there is so much smoke blowing and sickening bullshit in this business, and I’ve sort of lost belief in anything really.

But this work of yours is spectacular – absolutely stunning. What is extraordinary, is the sheer power of everyone in the entire production. What was it? Five or six years in the making? How the producers (yourself being one of them), the writers, directors, cinematographers…. every department – casting etc. managed to keep the discipline and control from beginning to the end is (that over used word) awesome.

From what started as a black comedy, descended into a labyrinth of blood, destruction and hell. It was like a great Jacobean, Shakespearian or Greek Tragedy.

If you ever get a chance to – would you pass on my admiration to everyone – Anna Gunn, Dean Norris, Aaron Paul, Betsy Brandt, R.J. Mitte, Bob Odenkirk, Jonathan Banks, Steven Michael Quezada – everyone – everyone gave master classes of performance … The list is endless.

Thank you. That kind of work/artistry is rare, and when, once in a while, it occurs, as in this epic work, it restores confidence.

You and all the cast are the best actors I’ve ever seen.

That may sound like a good lung full of smoke blowing. But it is not. It’s almost midnight out here in Malibu, and I felt compelled to write this email.

Congratulations and my deepest respect. You are truly a great, great actor.

Best regards

Tony Hopkins.
    ^^^^^^ I was really sorry to see this letter go public. Wtf, why would Cranston leak that to anyone??? :nono: Disrespectful to Hopkins IMO.
  • PJ_Soul wrote:
    ^^^^^^ I was really sorry to see this letter go public. Wtf, why would Cranston leak that to anyone??? :nono: Disrespectful to Hopkins IMO.

Odds are it was leaked by the same agency they share don't think it was sent direct to BC.
    PJ_Soul wrote:

Odds are it was leaked by the same agency they share don't think it was sent direct to BC.
    Well whoever leaked it.... that's lame.
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    PJ_Soul wrote:

Well whoever leaked it.... that's lame.

Apparently it was Steven Michael Quezada (Gomez) that posted the letter on his facebook page. He took it down right away, but I guess not fast enough for it to spread all over the internet.
  • As Breaking Bad creator Vince Gilligan basks in the drama's recent ratings-busting finale on AMC, he's also revealing some details about his series spinoff Better Call Saul, in which he expects to bring back Bryan Cranston and Aaron Paul for cameos.

Gilligan tells The Hollywood Reporter that he'd love to bring back Walter White (Cranston) and Jesse Pinkman (Paul) to Better Call Saul, which focuses on the show's shady strip mall-based criminal lawyer Saul Goodman (Bob Odenkirk), and is set before the launch of Breaking Bad.

"There's obviously a danger inherent in doing a spinoff, but I just love the character of Saul Goodman so much, and part of me doesn't want to say no to this world," Gilligan says about developing the prequel. "We've had to find the ongoing itch that Saul needs to scratch, so to speak, or else we wouldn't have much of a show."

He added that both Cranston and Paul -- in addition to some of Breaking Bad's other actors -- have already expressed interest in appearing in Better Call Saul. "Personally, I'd have a hard time resisting putting all these guys in for a cameo or two every now and then," he told THR.

Although Saul was initially conceived as a half-hour sitcom, Gilligan said he and showrunner Peter Gould realized they weren't comfortable with that formulaic format. "We're both one-hour drama guys. So we figured, 'Why not shoot Saul in the same way?' Let's shoot it in Albuquerque, let's get as much of the crew back together as possible, and let's do it the way we did it before so that it will be of a piece with that pre-existing fictional universe that we had so much fun creating."

http://tv.yahoo.com/news/breaking-bad-c ... 00442.html
    I know they did an album with the music from Breaking Bad in 2010, but has anyone heard anything about an official updated soundtrack collection from the show by any chance? I'm about to start a little project finding all the songs that I really like from the series (there are a lot of them, and I don't know what any of them are even called!), but if they're going to do it themselves soon, I'd rather wait for that and see what they offer. :)
  • PJ_Soul wrote:
    I know they did an album with the music from Breaking Bad in 2010, but has anyone heard anything about an official updated soundtrack collection from the show by any chance? I'm about to start a little project finding all the songs that I really like from the series (there are a lot of them, and I don't know what any of them are even called!), but if they're going to do it themselves soon, I'd rather wait for that and see what they offer. :)

The easiest way to find out the songs is going here

http://breakingbad.wikia.com/wiki/Music