aqo2t.jpg
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,069
    i like it
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,805
    That is a gret poster IMO. I would have done a little more work with the veins in the eyes, but maybe the attempt was to distinguish the complete whiteness against the vivid colors on the rest of the poster.
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17

LOOKING FOR A SINGLE TICKET TO MSG NIGHT 2

• Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    Very impressive!!!
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    Dirty FrankkDirty Frankk Posts: 4,274
    Very Cool, I like it :clap:
    CAN'T KEEP CRAZY MARY IN MY TREE NO WAY NOT FOR YOU. ALL THOSE YESTERDAY JEREMY is ALONE, SAD with RATS & BUGS it's HARD TO IMAGINE a JEREMY a BETTER MAN.
    LIFE WASTED, BLOOD on the PORCH, LAST KISS is a WISHLIST DEEP DOWN NOTHING AS IT SEEMS WHY GO COME BACK ALIVE SPIN THE BLACK CIRCLE and SMILE.
  • Options
    seems like it has more Sperry than Shaw influence
  • Options
    Dirty FrankkDirty Frankk Posts: 4,274
    seems like it has more Sperry than Shaw influence

It looks all Sperry to me ;)
    CAN'T KEEP CRAZY MARY IN MY TREE NO WAY NOT FOR YOU. ALL THOSE YESTERDAY JEREMY is ALONE, SAD with RATS & BUGS it's HARD TO IMAGINE a JEREMY a BETTER MAN.
    LIFE WASTED, BLOOD on the PORCH, LAST KISS is a WISHLIST DEEP DOWN NOTHING AS IT SEEMS WHY GO COME BACK ALIVE SPIN THE BLACK CIRCLE and SMILE.
  • Options
    Happy JulioHappy Julio Posts: 161
    dope.
    2006 PJ/Petty Milwaukee Night 1
    2007 Lollapalooza Chicago
    2013 Wrigley Chicago
    2013 Dallas
    2013 Oklahoma City
  • Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    Actually, I would consider Rick Griffin the main influence on this one ...

9972:110433.jpg
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    pjtaperpjtaper Posts: 3,020
    that's a stretch, jim :)
    GREAT PRINT!!!!!!!! Def looks all Sperry to me also, I know they both printed it!
  • Options
    RedMosquito02RedMosquito02 Posts: 2,560
    Sexy.

That's a beautiful print!
  • Options
    tino_11tino_11 Posts: 1,945
    Nice :thumbup:
    2010: London
    2012: Manchester I, Manchester II, Manchester (EV) 
    2014: Milan, Leeds, Milton Keynes 
    2017: London II (EV) 
    2018: Amsterdam I, London I, Prague, London II 
    2019: London (EV)
    2022: London I, London II, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam
  • Options
    I think this is one of those that will look much better in person.

Good poster.
  • Options

Good poster.
    I have probably over 200 Chuck Sperry prints... there isn't ONE single print I have got of Sperry's that didn't look better in person. There is a reason I think he is the best screen print OF ALL TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EVER!!!!

Most artists draw their shit, send it off to D&L to get printed. I think, with Chuck, the printing process is something he thinks about before he even starts the print... Screen printing is NOT easy, but Mr Sperry makes it seem so!

I can't WAIT to see this in person, I hope there is some crazy blends... check out better pics here: http://chucksperry.net/2012/07/pearl-ja ... hris-shaw/
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,937
    pjtaper wrote:

Good poster.
    I have probably over 200 Chuck Sperry prints... there isn't ONE single print I have got of Sperry's that didn't look better in person. There is a reason I think he is the best screen print OF ALL TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EVER!!!!

Most artists draw their shit, send it off to D&L to get printed. I think, with Chuck, the printing process is something he thinks about before he even starts the print... Screen printing is NOT easy, but Mr Sperry makes it seem so!

I can't WAIT to see this in person, I hope there is some crazy blends... check out better pics here: http://chucksperry.net/2012/07/pearl-ja ... hris-shaw/
    Thanks for that link! I found Chuck's explanation of the poster pretty cool as well.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    shepshep Houston Posts: 5,647
    Damn... that is a nice print...

I think the reason some of his prints don't look so great in the pictures is that the digital pictures don't do a great job of translating all the shiny neuances of the metallic inks...

The man is a master at the screening process... the colours he creates are just so damn awesome.
    Houston, Texas... Believe it or not, there are 7 million people here... must be a couple of fans who'd love to see you play.
  • Options
    shep wrote:

I think the reason some of his prints don't look so great in the pictures is that the digital pictures don't do a great job of translating all the shiny neuances of the metallic inks...

The man is a master at the screening process... the colours he creates are just so damn awesome.
    agreed, 100%
  • Options
    very cool , best of tour so far

this one will really pop (no pun intended) in person
    manchester 00
    manchester 09
    belfast 2010
    hyde park 2010
    manchester 2012 1&2
    amsterdam 2012 1&2
    EV manchester 2012
    EV london 31/7/12
    brooklyn 2013 1&2
    milano,leeds,milton keynes 2014

monkey driven call this living
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,515
    Good poster. Way better than that last one with the venue and dates named twice for some reason.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Lukin19Lukin19 We The North Posts: 505
    Not sure what else Sperry brought to this one other than his Eddie Long Beach poster from '11.
  • Options
    Please, elaborate, Lukin!
  • Options
    Lukin19 wrote:
    Not sure what else Sperry brought to this one other than his Eddie Long Beach poster from '11.
    what does this mean?
  • Options
    Lukin19Lukin19 We The North Posts: 505
    pjtaper wrote:
    I find the print has some striking similarity
    to the Long Beach print he did for ED's solo tour in 2011.
    Sorry for having an opinion about the artwork.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,515
    Lukin19 wrote:
    pjtaper wrote:
    No one minds you having an opinion. Your post just didn't necessarily make sense to people. It was kind of cryptic.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul wrote:
    Lukin19 wrote:
    pjtaper wrote:
    No one minds you having an opinion. Your post just didn't necessarily make sense to people. It was kind of cryptic.
    Yeah, I'm thrilled when people like to talk art... I'm just puzzled, this is completely different than the Vedder... I could think of other Sperry prints it reminds me of, sure, Chuck has a style, but that Vedder is QUITE different... :corn:
  • Options
    elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,047
    ok, i am home from work and it has been killing me not being able to post in this thread until now (darn new forums! - we need a new smiley icon of the face shaking his fist in the air!). anyway, back to the subject at hand- i like this poster a lot...just not diggin the eyeballs. kindof wish they used the theme of the yin/yang more such as a hawk chasing a dove and a dove chasing a hawk etc. not the eyeballs chasing each other. but who am i? overall, i cant wait to see it in person!!
    now bring on mcfarlane!! its evolution baby!!
  • Options
    ok, i am home from work and it has been killing me not being able to post in this thread until now (darn new forums! - we need a new smiley icon of the face shaking his fist in the air!). anyway, back to the subject at hand- i like this poster a lot...just not diggin the eyeballs. kindof wish they used the theme of the yin/yang more such as a hawk chasing a dove and a dove chasing a hawk etc. not the eyeballs chasing each other. but who am i? overall, i cant wait to see it in person!!
    now bring on mcfarlane!! its evolution baby!!
    DO THE EVOLUTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
  • Options
    themessengerthemessenger Dallas Posts: 1,320
    shep wrote:

I was going to say the same thing! His 2011 Sao Paulo poster & 2011 Soundgarden Dallas poster are amazing in person with the metallic inks. Just beautiful. I have one of the old Yield "Firehouse" playing card ones from the Virgin Megastore, and that is pretty damn awesome too. I'll probably pick this up from 10c.

Thanks for the link pjtaper!