Options

Myers Briggs Personality Test

Meg8686Meg8686 Posts: 1,234
edited July 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
Heres a link is for the Jung typology test (aka the Myers Briggs Personality test)

This determines which of the sixteen different personality types you fall into. I used to deal with these tests alot during my Psychology degree. This isn't like a horoscope :) I'm sure lots of you are familiar with the use of this test and the general consensus of it's validity. If not it's only a google seach away.

http://www.humanmetrics.com/#Jung%20Myers%20Briggs

It's an online version & not too long. Have fun reading up about your personality type. It's very accurate & Mine just gave me a huuuge boost.

Any other ENFJ's out there?? apparently we're only 5% ofthe population :)
Sometimes I speak of nothing at all.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    your move nowyour move now Posts: 1,165
    Have done this before - ENTJ so close.... although I don't put much faith in these sorts of tests. the career aptitude test I took in high school said I should be either a cemetery worker (read grave digger) or a flight attendent
    I don't mean to offend anyone, a lot of what I say should be taken with a grain of salt... that said for most of you I'm a stranger on a computer on the other side of the world, don't give me that sort of power!
  • Options
    Meg8686Meg8686 Posts: 1,234
    Have done this before - ENTJ so close.... although I don't put much faith in these sorts of tests. the career aptitude test I took in high school said I should be either a cemetery worker (read grave digger) or a flight attendent

ha, I remember that, I think it said Iwas destined for a career in erecting fences ....

I quite liked my result, I got the same result 10 years ago too, For me, it's pretty accurate, what's interesting to me is I was all of the weaknesses of my type listed those 10 years ago. But I've changed a lot since then and am pretty much achieveing most of the 'strengths' listed, So I've sort of developed withing my 'type' .

So glad a friend sent me this, it's been a little bump, have finished with my (asshole) boyfriend this week and am choosing a new town to go live in (not Indiana) So getting sent this last night and reading the results has given me a Huge confidence boost.
    Sometimes I speak of nothing at all.
  • Options
    Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fields Posts: 7,305
    I've done this many times. ISFJ. :mrgreen:
    It can be very helpful to do this with a group of co-workers and learn how you can work together.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • Options
    drivingrldrivingrl Posts: 1,448
    I'm a moderate ENTJ. I don't know that I've always been one, though.

I love the list of suggested careers for ENTJs:

Teacher
    Counselor
    Computer Science
    Politics

Those are all fields I've worked in. :D

I forget the name of the personality test now, but there is a great workplace personality test where the test results show that a person is one of four personality color types: Red, Blue, Green, or Gold. Doing that evaluation totally changed the workplace at my last job. We had so much insight into our group dynamic afterwards.
    drivingrl: "Will I ever get to meet Gwen Stefani?"
    kevinbeetle: "Yes. When her career washes up and her and Gavin move to Galveston, you will meet her at Hot Topic shopping for a Japanese cheerleader outfit.

Next!"
  • Options
    comebackgirlcomebackgirl Posts: 9,885
    I am always an INFJ. Apparently we're rare and mysterious and aren't good at dealing with minutia and we make good counselors 8-)
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • Options
    Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fields Posts: 7,305
    drivingrl wrote:
    I forget the name of the personality test now, but there is a great workplace personality test where the test results show that a person is one of four personality color types: Red, Blue, Green, or Gold. Doing that evaluation totally changed the workplace at my last job. We had so much insight into our group dynamic afterwards.
    I know the one you're talking about. We did that at a former job of mine and it was really helpful. Very similar to the Myers Briggs. I was a double Blue!
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • Options
    comebackgirlcomebackgirl Posts: 9,885
    drivingrl wrote:
    I know the one you're talking about. We did that at a former job of mine and it was really helpful. Very similar to the Myers Briggs. I was a double Blue!
    I think that's the True Colors test. I am also a blue!
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • Options
    BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    INFJ Fine then
  • Options
    he.who.forgetshe.who.forgets Posts: 4,593
    Meg8686 wrote:
    Heres a link is for the Jung typology test (aka the Myers Briggs Personality test)

This determines which of the sixteen different personality types you fall into. I used to deal with these tests alot during my Psychology degree. This isn't like a horoscope :) I'm sure lots of you are familiar with the use of this test and the general consensus of it's validity. If not it's only a google seach away.

http://www.humanmetrics.com/#Jung%20Myers%20Briggs

It's an online version & not too long. Have fun reading up about your personality type. It's very accurate & Mine just gave me a huuuge boost.

Any other ENFJ's out there?? apparently we're only 5% ofthe population :)
    Yep, just took the test and I'm an ENFJ.
    We were but stones your light made us stars
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,427
    INTP here....pleased to meet you, or maybe not!
  • Options
    drivingrldrivingrl Posts: 1,448
    I think that's the True Colors test. I am also a blue!

I'm a gold. It's such a good test for a small group of employees.
    drivingrl: "Will I ever get to meet Gwen Stefani?"
    kevinbeetle: "Yes. When her career washes up and her and Gavin move to Galveston, you will meet her at Hot Topic shopping for a Japanese cheerleader outfit.

Next!"
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    INTJs are one of the rarest of the sixteen personality types, and account for about 1–4% of the population.

I knew it...typical outcast :lol:
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    Famous Personalities sharing my personality type...

Charles Bronson - Actor
    Amelia Earhart - Aviation Pioneer
    John Glenn - Astronaut
    Clint Eastwood - Actor

What a bunch of lightweights, though it would make for an interesting hot tub party.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • Options
    bindy123bindy123 Posts: 210
    Yeah well I was born a male...so that automatically makes me a PRICK

but for some reason the test told me I was ENTJ...what does that mean???
    "God created surfing and Pearl Jam so that the truely gifted, talented and most intelligent people wouldnt rule the world"...adapted from my bumper sticker
  • Options
    LoulouLoulou Adelaide Posts: 6,247
    I've done this many times. ISFJ. :mrgreen:
    It can be very helpful to do this with a group of co-workers and learn how you can work together.
    I'm an ISFJ too! My Mum uses these tests in her Career counselling business. Pretty interesting stuff. ;)
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    Eddie Vedder, Adelaide 2011
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Adelaide BIG DAY OUT 2014
  • Options
    OffSheGoes35OffSheGoes35 Posts: 3,487
    I am always an INFJ. Apparently we're rare and mysterious and aren't good at dealing with minutia and we make good counselors 8-)
    I have taken this test a few times, and I am always an INFJ as well. I did a free online quiz yesterday at this website. http://www.personalityperfect.com/
    I'm wondering if there are more INFJ people around here. 
  • Options
    OffSheGoes35OffSheGoes35 Posts: 3,487
    And I think I would be a crappy counselor, but pretty much everything else is correct.
  • Options
    AnnafalkAnnafalk Sweden Posts: 4,004
    edited March 2018
    I was an ENFJ, it seem to fit me quite well. :)
    According to this test i have the same personality as Obama, sounds great !
    Post edited by Annafalk on
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,996
    ENTJ.  Whatever...
  • Options
    ShynerShyner Posts: 1,226
    I did it
    It said fuck your jim Morrison's son

Sausage festivals suck
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,996
    Shyner said:
    I did it
    It said fuck your jim Morrison's son

Sausage festivals suck
    You invited the lizard king and were upset that he was a man and not of reptilian descent?
  • Options
    ShynerShyner Posts: 1,226
    edited March 2018
    Woman should run the show and sometimes they do
    But all this history of man is saddening

I cant even be rapped properly in some eyes around this big fuckin sausage factory

Wish i could say something nicer to you for saying that. 
    Post edited by Shyner on
  • Options
    RogueStonerRogueStoner Sunny AZ Posts: 1,716
    ^^^ Apparently, neither could I. 
  • Options
    Oh, I took that test and here’s what I got...

• Options
    hauntingfamiliarhauntingfamiliar Wilmington, NC Posts: 10,217
    Took it at work today INFP-A
    Not sure how I ended up with an extra letter? ;)

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,533
    edited March 2018
    I'm an ENFJ as well, supposedly.
    I find these tests a bit problematic though. Most people are not so great at objectively answering these kinds of questions about themselves accurately, and I think many of our answers are likely influenced heavily by our specific mood or circumstances at the time of taking the test.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    This shit is basically a religion at my workplace. 
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,252
    ENTJ
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,237
    /\/\/\ I'm your evil other half, INTJ.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    I'm an ENFJ as well, supposedly.
    I find these tests a bit problematic though. Most people are not so great at objectively answering these kinds of questions about themselves accurately, and I think many of our answers are likely influenced heavily by our specific mood or circumstances at the time of taking the test.
    You’re right. I took the first one early in the afternoon, when I tend to be happiest and most relaxed. I took another test around 5 and I got this:

Only one variable had changed. Imagine if there were more.