Options

Official Going to Letterman-Post Show Thread!

likepilateihaveadoglikepilateihaveadog Posts: 1,083
edited April 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
Somehow...good karma or whatever...scored a pair.

Thought we could all post around in here the next two weeks or so....
I'm coming up from school, heading home upstate and meeting a friend in the city to go to this one...
Just had a couple questions...

We have to be there by 4:30...show starts at 6. Makes sense to me, but we are we doing in the meantime? Hanging out in the theatre? When does the TV taping end?

Not that I'm getting greedy at all, but tickets are GA. What does that mean? First come, first seated?

What does "short set" mean? 45 minutes- hour. That's what I'm thinking.

I guess we'll find out soon enough. A May 2nd email can't get here soon enough.

Holy crap...so lucky, can't wait for this.

Peace...
Teamwork. Rawk. Pwnage. Infinite Possibilities. YIELD. Hells yeah.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    ChimeraChimera Posts: 10
    GA stands for General Admission, meaning if you get there early, you get better seats
  • Options
    Sharon_Hearts_PJSharon_Hearts_PJ Bristol, PA Posts: 1,383
    Must be nice to have that dual address working for you in this case. If you were solely PA, you wouldn't have gotten your tix. Lucky! :)
    *Rock and/or Roll!*
  • Options
    yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    If anyone here has an extra, and wants some cash, let me know. I'd be willing to throw down some for this gig.
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
  • Options
    13PJ13 wrote:
    Must be nice to have that dual address working for you in this case. If you were solely PA, you wouldn't have gotten your tix. Lucky! :)
    Yep!

Glad I kept my "real home" as my address....
  • Options
    yakko69yakko69 Posts: 131
    You'll find me there too. I was lucky enought to somehow scored a pair. I CANNOT WAIT!!!!!!! I took off work that day, No being late, no excuses! This is something I will never forget! Thanks 10C!!!!
    ...44 shows...and counting....
  • Options
    Dear fellow 10C members,
    I was one of the many to not gain access to the post Letterman show...
    I was close but alas... not close enough.

I realize that only 175 lucky, or as i like to call them superior mortals were granted the opportunity to attain tickets to see the GREATEST BAND in the world perform in such a intimate setting and being that this is a once and a lifetime chance...I was wondering...
    Is there anyone out there willing to make one fan the happiest, most out of control, crazily, stupidly, delirious person to ever step foot inside the halls of the Ed Sullivan theatre. ONE TICKET CAN CHANGE THIS MAN'S LIFE!!!

What can i do for you? Good question.
    1) Much like many other Pearl Jam fans i have collected a very large number of official and not so official bootlegs, but what i am most proud of is my wide assortment of hard to find rarities, mp3's, waves, phisical CD's, etc...all of these things i can Zip them up...and BAM!, there yours...

2) Coming from NJ or PA? Need a place to crash, party before the show? Mi casa es su casa.

3) Want a good meal? I'll take you out, shove a hot meal down your throat, better yet i'll cook it for you, we'll drink a bottle of wine..er two.

4) Heard the new album? I'LL SING IT TO YOU!!!

5) What happens if and when Pearl Jam returns to NYC? My extra ticket becomes YOURS, that's right YOURS!!! No Problem...

6) Get into an accident need massive amounts of blood? You've got it, what's a couple of pints among friends..(note this offer does not include kidneys, i have the feeling i'm going to need mine at some point)

7) MONEY? Is that what this is all about..money? Well i can not discuss such transactions on this message board for fear that such talk would be frowned upon by our administrators... but i am perfectly willing to discuss this off site.

8) SEX? What do i look like some kind of cheap whore you can use and abuse to get your rocks off.. Maybe i am, i'm not entirely sure that i'm not...hmmmm

Anyway listen, i am not asking for your pity, i have been blessed to have seen Pearl Jam many times throughout their career and look forward to seeing them play again this summer, i just thought that i'd get this outhere in case someone has an extra or a friend cancels..
    I appreciate all and any replies, you can answer this thread or send me a message @ http://www.myspace.com/theendlessproof

P.S About a month ago i saw people giving out their Myspace info and thought it was a great way to meet fellow PJ fans so i finally finished putting together my page and would like to make some new friends, so please drop me a line and say HELLO, Thanks

i am fuel, you are friends...
    Things were different then. All is different now.
    I tried to explain...

http://www.facebook.com/theendlessproof
  • Options
    For all who aren't going, tough! ;)

Live On Letterman: Pearl Jam
    Exclusive Concert To Be Webcast Live From Ed Sullivan Theater

Eddie Vedder meets Ed Sullivan when Pearl Jam takes over the theater on Thursday, May 4th to perform a live mini-concert exclusively for visitors to the LATE SHOW with DAVID LETTERMAN website.

It all begins with Pearl Jam taping their performance on LATE SHOW for broadcast later that evening. Then, immediately following the show taping, Pearl Jam will take the stage again to perform a special concert featuring some of the group's best-known hits as well as never-before heard cuts from their new CD, "Pearl Jam" (released May 2nd).

To watch the live concert, log on to http://www.cbs.com/lateshow at approximately 5:45pm EDT on Thursday, May 4th. Then be sure to tune in to the LATE SHOW at 11:30pm to catch their regularly scheduled appearance with Dave (along with Julia Roberts).

LIVE ON LETTERMAN: PEARL JAM
    Thursday, May 4th
    Start time: 5:45pm EDT (approximately)
    http://www.cbs.com/latenight/lateshow
  • Options
    hookemhookem Posts: 245
    If you have an extra, I am willing to trade camden 10C tix or donate some $$ to your favorite charity.... :)
  • Options
    i will be there as well. i will probably be sitting in the back though, becasue i have an exam earlier that day and wont be able to line up early i guess. Oh well how many rows can their even be in a 350 theater, it will be like seeing pearl jam at a lowes cinema
    98- 9/8.9/10.9/11
    00- 8/3, 8/4, 9/1.9/2
    03- 4/28. 7/8. 7/9. 7/14
    04- 10/1
    05- 10/3
    06- 5/4!!!!, 5/12. 5/13. 5/27, 5/28, 6/1, 6/3
    08- 6/19, 6/20, 6/22, 6/25, 6/27, 8/4
  • Options
    i will be there as well. i will probably be sitting in the back though, becasue i have an exam earlier that day and wont be able to line up early i guess. Oh well how many rows can their even be in a 350 theater, it will be like seeing pearl jam at a lowes cinema
    No bad seats.
    I'm watching Letterman religously the next week and a half...really scoping the place out...I've seen it so many times, it's going to be glorious to be inside.

Everyone get the confirmation emails today?
    Can't fuckin wait!
  • Options
    yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    I know its gonna be annoying to read this again, but

If anyone has an extra seat to this gig and wants some cash I would love to go!
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
  • Options
    hookemhookem Posts: 245
    :) Lots of cash but no tickets anywhere! I'm in the same boat.
  • Options
    oxypoetoxypoet Posts: 55
    Hey, when are people thinking of lining up? I still can't believe I got these seats, I never have had any luck like this before. I had a conversion experience after seeing the band for the first time at MSG 7/9/03. Has anyone tried calling the Late Show to see when we can line up? I'm taking the day off. Let's hope it's not raining!
    7/9/03, MSG II
    5/4/06, Letterman Aftershow
    6/1/06, East Rutherford
    6/3/06, East Rutherford
    6/25/08, MSG II
  • Options
    oxypoet wrote:
    Hey, when are people thinking of lining up? I still can't believe I got these seats, I never have had any luck like this before. I had a conversion experience after seeing the band for the first time at MSG 7/9/03. Has anyone tried calling the Late Show to see when we can line up? I'm taking the day off. Let's hope it's not raining!
    I think this now infamous May 2nd email will clear a lot of things up!

Only a week away!

:D
  • Options
    latest rumor.
    someone who has a friend who's a VP @ CBS claims this set will be no longer than a half hour...

not that I'm complaining...but bummer...

;)
  • Options
    oxypoetoxypoet Posts: 55
    I sure as hell am not complaining. 15 minutes, 30 minutes, an hour, it will still be awesome and memorable and it's free! We'll get at least one song during the show, and at least 2 after. Think in those terms and you won't be disappointed. It's not like they were going to bust out with "Leash." (But wouldn't that be cool?)
    7/9/03, MSG II
    5/4/06, Letterman Aftershow
    6/1/06, East Rutherford
    6/3/06, East Rutherford
    6/25/08, MSG II
  • Options
    oxypoet wrote:
    I sure as hell am not complaining. 15 minutes, 30 minutes, an hour, it will still be awesome and memorable and it's free! We'll get at least one song during the show, and at least 2 after. Think in those terms and you won't be disappointed. It's not like they were going to bust out with "Leash." (But wouldn't that be cool?)
    Very true...
    second set looks to be 5-6 songs. 3-4 new ones, some oldies too...
  • Options
    can't wait for this May 2nd email....
    want some details...

• Options
    dsfafgfgfdfd
  • Options
    ssdr18ssdr18 Posts: 121
    anyone with an extra ticket want to trade for one for Irving plaza PM me or email ssdr18@aol.com
  • Options
    ssdr18 wrote:
    anyone with an extra ticket want to trade for one for Irving plaza PM me or email ssdr18@aol.com
    hmmm...

my good friend, or my selfish wants?

• Options
    can't wait for this May 2nd email....
    want some details...

anyone hear anything yet?
    Springfield MA 94, Letterman "After Show" 06, Hartford CT 06 , Hartford CT 08