Which boot should I buy? Toronot 1 or 2?

edited May 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
I can only afford to buy one...

Night 1 gets big ups for Inside Job, Come Back, Sad, Present Tense, Grievance, Garden, Why Go....

But I hear Night 2 had more energy, and definitely has more improvs and tags, although I'm not a big fan of Dissident, I Am Mine, etc.
7/12/03--10/1/04--10/3/05--5/31/06--6/3/06--6/24/08--10/31/09--10/19/13--10/22/13
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Which show did you go to (if any of the two?)
  • bwpbbwpb Posts: 3
    Which boot?

That depends on when you want to be able to listen to it, since slowbase cannot get the 1st shows to us yet...

With all Sarcasam asisde, I would go with Toronto 1, due to all the new stuff, plus why go and garden and sad.

I am with you on I am mine...I hate to say it, but I cannot stand that song.. I like the lyrics though...
  • redrock wrote:
    Which show did you go to (if any of the two?)

Neither... I'm going to the June 3rd East Rutherford show, so I want to something to warm up to... I though it would be cool to get Toronto 1 so then I would have the first and last show from leg one... but everyone seems to be saying that Toronto 2 was one of those special nights that I shouldn't pass up....
    7/12/03--10/1/04--10/3/05--5/31/06--6/3/06--6/24/08--10/31/09--10/19/13--10/22/13
  • bwpb wrote:
    Which boot?

That depends on when you want to be able to listen to it, since slowbase cannot get the 1st shows to us yet...

With all Sarcasam asisde, I would go with Toronto 1, due to all the new stuff, plus why go and garden and sad.

I am with you on I am mine...I hate to say it, but I cannot stand that song.. I like the lyrics though...

Ah yes, that's what I need... I need someone to convince me to go with night 1...

btw... TORONTO 1 is not up on Basecamp yet?
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    Out of the 2, Toronto 1 was my favorite, partly because of the setlist, partly where I was standing. Energy was good both nights, but I liked night 1 setlist better.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • polarispolaris Posts: 3,527
    i dunno if the "spirit" of the show can ever translate onto a boot properly ... night 2 had 30 songs vs. night 1 with a lot more tags and improvs but i'm assuming like many - you've got a bunch of boots so i would probably pick the one with the songs you most want to hear ... come back was awesome night 1 ...
  • einatshauleinatshaul Posts: 2,219
    Toronto is a no show on basecamp
  • 24veddie24veddie Posts: 267
    einatshaul wrote:
    Toronto is a no show on basecamp

buy both.............
  • Smellyman2Smellyman2 Posts: 689
    Garden blew my mind. It was way better than the radio one version

if that helps.
  • willig7willig7 Posts: 11
    I was at both shows. I would definately go with the second show.
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    Ah yes, that's what I need... I need someone to convince me to go with night 1...

btw... TORONTO 1 is not up on Basecamp yet?
    GARDEN enough said
    Go Birds!!!!
  • KricketKricket Posts: 707
    Garden was cool....but well I was at both and I'd go with N2 with out a doubt!!!
  • NWOntarioNWOntario Toronto Posts: 823
    Night two. It's a no-brainer. Night one was good, but night two was special; plus, the band was on fucking fire.

Steve
    Minneapolis 1998 | Jones Beach I & II, Montreal, and Toronto 2000 | Buffalo, State College, Toronto, Montreal and Hershey 2003 | Boston I & II 2004 | Thunder Bay, Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa and Toronto 2005 | Toronto I & II 2006 | The Vic and Lollapalooza 2007 | Calgary and Toronto 2009 | PJ20 I & II, Toronto I & II, Ottawa, Calgary and Edmonton 2011 | London, Chicago, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver and Seattle 2013 | Ottawa and Toronto I & II 2016 | Chicago I & II 2018 | Ottawa, Hamilton and Toronto 2022
  • joshlsjoshls Posts: 39
    Two!!!!!!!!!!
    "I'll see you on the other side." - Sleight of Hand

Top Bands
    1. Pearl Jam - Vs. , Ten , Avocado , Yield , Vitalogy , Binaural , No Code , Riot Act.
    2. Tool - Lateralus , Aenima , 10,000 days , Undertow , Opiate
  • Night 2. The combination of crowd energy, tags, solos/jams and eddie's strange laughter at the start of ledbetter. Pearl jam fucked up my mind on may 10th. By the way, video/DVD would be nice. I couldnt believe when eddie hit jeff with the mic stand. He limped off stage for the encore break.
  • Definitely Night 2 (although I wasn't at night one ... :D )
    Night 2. The combination of crowd energy, tags, solos/jams and eddie's strange laughter at the start of ledbetter. Pearl jam fucked up my mind on may 10th. By the way, video/DVD would be nice. I couldnt believe when eddie hit jeff with the mic stand. He limped off stage for the encore break.
    The band ripped it up on night two. It was awesome. They were really enjoying themselves up there. A DVD would be awesome!
    No time to be void or save up on life. You got to spend it all.
  • JohnBriggsJohnBriggs Posts: 101
    I just bought Night 1 and it is okay but not that great of quality and it seems like Ed is holding back. I will wait for show 2 to be do0ne and then compare.
  • MrMerkinballMrMerkinball Posts: 1,978
    I'm getting both. Two very different concerts. One was a tigheter, more professional show. One was just a big fuckin party.
  • TruthmongerTruthmonger Posts: 559
    I'm getting both. Two very different concerts. One was a tigheter, more professional show. One was just a big fuckin party.

Merkinball, I agree with you completely. I also really liked your review on the T.O. #2 board. Night two was a different show, in just about every way imaginable. I'm still buzzing about the second show. It was a classic.
  • I'm getting both. Two very different concerts. One was a tigheter, more professional show. One was just a big fuckin party.

That is the best way to decribe the two shows in 15 words or less.

cheers
    "I'll be hanging upside down, and there I will swing, for all e.........tern.............ni..............ty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • bejasbejas Posts: 10
    I needed to make the same decision and I choose Night #2. Night 1 appears to be up on basecamp. Show two I am told will be available tonight. Personally.............Beast of Burden as a tag to YL sold me.
  • Jammin2PearlJammin2Pearl Posts: 266
    bejas wrote:
    I needed to make the same decision and I choose Night #2. Night 1 appears to be up on basecamp. Show two I am told will be available tonight. Personally.............Beast of Burden as a tag to YL sold me.

I was just about to add that. Best verson of Ledbetter just b/c of the beast of burden tag. Ive never heard Eddie EVER sing a tag on that song and Mike pretty much always jams into something..Plus Low Light [9th time playd] Cinnamon girl [3rd time] it was a 2 hour and 50min show compared to roughly 2 hours 25min. I was at both shows and Night 2 was one of those special nights you always dream of being a part of. Keep in mind that 2 of my top 5 songs were playd night one [Porch + Why Go] and I came out of that show saying 'how will these guys top night one' and they pulled out all the stops and made it a classic.
    Life Wasted was much better night 2 and mikey was on FIRE!!
    EvenFlow for me was the best Ive ever heard. I posted in the review page but me and my buddy were in Awe. Mike playd the solo behind his head for an extended period of time actually spinning around for the audience to see his hands/fingers amazing, amazing solo, awe inspiring no doubt!
    The crowd was Amazing all night as was the guys the Improvs the tags everything it was such a magical time.
    Crazy Mary was another that was the best ive seen/heard. Boom had an extended solo where he litterally karate choped the keys while rocking down the house, then when Mike joined in he actually jumped up beside Boom at the organ and they just jammed off eachother for what felt like and exteneded period of time which ended with a enthusiastic High Five.
    Indifference ended with Ed and Stone Hugging which was nice
    Fucking Up is a much better Neil Cover then RITFW
    And then Ledbetter had the beast of Burden Tag that I dont think had ever been done before and wouldnt expect it done very much if at all in the future...
  • RaiderFanRaiderFan Posts: 8
    You combine the two shows and they played a total of 40 different songs! Friggin amazing!!!! I was at the 9th show, but buying both for sure!
  • moomamachumoomamachu Posts: 20
    i was at the second show in toronto and everyone around me after the concert was RAVING about the show and how it blew away the first nites performance....personally i would love to see this on dvd....the energy was amazing...the crowd was amazing...it was like watching friends play in your basement to about a gazillion people...
    defitely more bang for your buck!