Options

Cincy...Revisited

13»

Comments

• Options
    greenampgreenamp Posts: 17
    Agreed. agreed, agreed!

I understand why they played there, though--couldn't take a chance of being flooded out again!

Which is ironic, because it was gorgeous day and night!
  • Options
    know1know1 Posts: 6,763
    Listening to the boot, I realize that I probably didn't appreciate the show quite enough while it was happening and immediately thereafter. Oh sure, I thought it was awesome, but the boot really sounds like it was a special show.
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
  • Options
    greenamp wrote:
    Which is ironic, because it was gorgeous day and night!

No joke...but I remember how bummed I was in '03 when they got flooded out of RiverBend...I thought it had to be a joke when I heard, but (sob) it wasn't...I had great seats for that show, too!
    ~A compliment for us, is a compliment for you.~

• Options
    Anyone hear stairway to heaven's solo in crazy mary? It's in there.
  • Options
    binauralsoundsbinauralsounds Posts: 1,357
    Listenin to the boot now!! Dam, brings back such GREAT memories from last saturday.

Again, NATI.... WE PEELED PAINT:):)

Can we do it again this weekend?? HA
  • Options
    The boot is AMAZING!!!! I have already sent it over to the MP3 player, and I fully intend to be walking around with those damn plugs in my ears for awhile...

DROP THE LEASH DROP THE LEASH!!!!!
    ~A compliment for us, is a compliment for you.~

• Options
    NOCODE#1NOCODE#1 Posts: 1,478
    cooldaddy wrote:
    It's because PJ blew their loads one too many times in Pitt the night before.
    get over yourself pitt hasnt been a relevant tour stop since 2000. you comment sounds like the casual fan.
    Let's not be negative now. Thumper has spoken
  • Options
    NOCODE#1NOCODE#1 Posts: 1,478
    It all comes down to setlist. The show had two of the big three, a great crowd and high energy band. Didn't have the setlist. Gotta have all three to be great. Most shows have a decent amount of all three, Cinci got a 2 out of 10 as far as setlists go. Part of the excitement of a Pearl Jam show is the "what are they going to play next" feeling, because they are a band where anything is possible. I went into this showing with the attitude of rocking out to whatever they played. But in the middle of the first encore I saw the direction the rest of the show was going and it was a lot more difficult to get psyched up.
    really 06 is so lame and cookie cutter, by DC i was telling my friends what they were going to play next.
    Let's not be negative now. Thumper has spoken
  • Options
    snekejam wrote:
    After simmering for a few days and not allowing my initial emotions to get the best of me, I must say that of the 14 shows I've been to this one left me the most jaded.

It's one of the those things in life where you think, "man, what could have been."

It's so odd, too, because Ed and the band are always saying, well, preaching, how they really thrive off the crowd and the fan's emotions lift them. After being there Saturday in Cincy, I must say they left me quite perplexed. When you think about everything involved, the flood in '03, the venue where 'The Who' tragedy unfolded, you would have thought the guys would have been salivating at the opportunity to reward the city.

There was a complete 'no-go.'

The crowd was absolutely insane. Everyone around me was going crazy. I was at Grand Rapids this year, Detroit, and Philly 1, and no crowd came close intensity-wise.

Maybe, hopefully for the band's sake, they just had an off night. The setlist was pretty cool, but the band just dropped the ball. The crowd was giving them a reason, begging them for more, anything, and with a day off on Sunday you would have thought they would have gotten it.

Didn't happen. And that sucks.

ok, you didnt like the show, but do you have any specifics to offer as to why you thought it was an offnight? Songs, band vibe? etc?
    Matt and I are friends.
  • Options
    binauralsoundsbinauralsounds Posts: 1,357
    ok, you didnt like the show, but do you have any specifics to offer as to why you thought it was an offnight? Songs, band vibe? etc?

wonderin the same thing. To each their own I say:)