Random thread about anything

Comments

• hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524

JWPearl said:

i don't like america it's too violent and rough, compared to my home there's way more shootings(we rarely have any) way more rapes, murders and missing persons..
    if i were to live there i would need to be famous with public protection or have a body guard with all the creeps that are there lol
    i would never take public transport as a no-body on my own if i lived there

I love living here. Every country has its drawbacks. Ours happens to be freedom.. here we are free to be stupid.. and as Human nature goes, you give us an inch, we'll take a mile; you give us the freedom to do dumb things, we go full on stupid.. But, unlike so many other places, we have the freedom to do as we choose, here in America..Sadly most choose to be stupid, but a lot of us are smart. We appreciate what we have. And I wouldn't trade it for ANYTHING. Ever.
    As for those last few ending comments, that made me lol.. seriously??? Lol
    Being a nobody that gets to live life in
    Privacy, and dignity, far outweighs stardom.. that was laughable at best. Give me public transportation over s limo any day.. Bodygaurd?? :rofl: for real, :rofl:

That is all.

MURICA MAN!!
    :wink:
    I appreciate all I have in this country. Some by fate/circumstances in general, much by years of earning it personally. And, although there are times I think "what the FUCK is wrong with some people?" (here, there, and everywhere) - I know so many who douse that anger somehow, and manage to live with grace and humaneness. With kindness and compassion. I aspire to that, though not always successful in that endeavor.

Also, I will always love Tree's typos.
  • JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893

JWPearl said:

i don't like america it's too violent and rough, compared to my home there's way more shootings(we rarely have any) way more rapes, murders and missing persons..
    if i were to live there i would need to be famous with public protection or have a body guard with all the creeps that are there lol

I love living here. Every country has its drawbacks. Ours happens to be freedom.. here we are free to be stupid.. and as Human nature goes, you give us an inch, we'll take a mile; you give us the freedom to do dumb things, we go full on stupid.. But, unlike so many other places, we have the freedom to do as we choose, here in America..Sadly most choose to be stupid, but a lot of us are smart. We appreciate what we have. And I wouldn't trade it for ANYTHING. Ever.
    Privacy, and dignity, far outweighs stardom.. that was laughable at best. Give me public transportation over s limo any day.. Bodygaurd?? :rofl: for real, :rofl:

That is all.

MURICA MAN!!
    you may laugh i frankly dont care, im dead serious as to what i said and i guess its from living a sheltered life being in perth australia
    people do stupid things yes here but we have just as much freedom as america but we not as crazy by majority and its feels like a good environment for kids compared to america..
    my dad watches till early hours of the morning of crime shows, true shows and many many many stories of serial killers all mostly in america and also plenty in canada and the things they do are sick, real sick and most times victims are woman on rare occasions man and those ones are cruel and sick as well and all for the sake of a thrill of power and sex fantasies and im sorry but that is a rare occurrence here it may happen twice in 10 years what is discovered but america its discovered by the multitude of stories we get here every night new crimes....
    and to think of what is not discovered you can put to the missing persons list,
    its an eye opener and certainly statistics show you can have a high chance of being at the wrong place at the wrong time or be stalked.... here rape and robbery is most common but it happens within circles and rarely home invasions with rape but it can happen but the odds are more in your country..
    im not disputing you have nice folk in america and your ideals are good but you have some very warped people there who have no conscience nor fear authority and the amount of different crimes of serial behaviour we see every night and few of them in one night all different every night is sickening and alarming and i wonder if they avoid casting these shows in your country but here we see it all and stuff that will haunt your mind forever as to what things have been done..
    i guess the information is like tap water to you, your used to that kinda news but it doesnt make it any safer
  • deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    But we don't have spiders that could pick us up, walk away with us and eat us whole, so we win! :wink:

I agree with Tree, freedom stretches things in some directions. However, no place is perfect, not even Australia. I could argue a bit about it, but I think we've all figured out that you don't care. That's unfortunate.
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    deadendp said:

But we don't have spiders that could pick us up, walk away with us and eat us whole, so we win! :wink:

I agree with Tree, freedom stretches things in some directions. However, no place is perfect, not even Australia. I could argue a bit about it, but I think we've all figured out that you don't care. That's unfortunate.

Or, five of the world's seven deadliest snakes.. and four of the world's deadliest spiders, five if you count The Huntsman, though that one can't functionally harm us, and oh yeah... Aren't you guys a giant floating prison???
    Yeah it is crazy here, but go read Revelations.. if it comforts you any, the continent representative of the US, is nowhere in there, just the other six.. so we get dealt with.. still wouldn't trade it for anything.
    JWPearl said:

i guess the information is like tap water to you, your used to that kinda news but it doesnt make it any safer

No. it just makes you more aware. And thus safer. I'd rather be aware of the things around me, then Lolly-gagging through life; euphoric clouds of naivety swirling about me.
    Oh, and yes I am aware that you guys are no longer a prison colony.. none the less, America is for the brave, the strong, the capable in mind and body. You wouldn't last a minute here. Oh well, you just keep sitting over there, filling your head with grossly distorted facts.. and we will continue being morons.. cause for all you know, that's what we do. ( Just one last thought.. if we're so bad, terrible, and scary... why do all the other countrymen of the world want to come here?)
  • northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,728

Oh, and yes I am aware that you guys are no longer a prison colony.. none the less, America is for the brave, the strong, the capable in mind and body. You wouldn't last a minute here. Oh well, you just keep sitting over there, filling your head with grossly distorted facts.. and we will continue being morons.. cause for all you know, that's what we do. ( Just one last thought.. if we're so bad, terrible, and scary... why do all the other countrymen of the world want to come here?)

First America was a prison colony as well. The majority of the population was shipped over convicts and prostitutes. Same with Canada. Same as Austrailia. As for the brave, strong and capable in mind and body that applies to any founding colony in a not yet "discovered" land, you don't hold the patent on that not by a long shot. And no all of the other countrymen in the world do not want to come there and definitely not exclusively to your country only.
    I get having pride in your country and I believe everyone should. Yes others should look at all of the facts before relying on sensationalized for TV docudramas for their information. But reign in the over fucking done we are the greatest rhetoric, because as the rest of the world already knows and you just Trumpeted from the rooftops, not so much.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.

First America was a prison colony as well. The majority of the population was shipped over convicts and prostitutes. Same with Canada. Same as Austrailia. As for the brave, strong and capable in mind and body that applies to any founding colony in a not yet "discovered" land, you don't hold the patent on that not by a long shot. And no all of the other countrymen in the world do not want to come there and definitely not exclusively to your country only.
    I get having pride in your country and I believe everyone should. Yes others should look at all of the facts before relying on sensationalized for TV docudramas for their information. But reign in the over fucking done we are the greatest rhetoric, because as the rest of the world already knows and you just Trumpeted from the rooftops, not so much.
    One of the reasons that I love you ND. I realize that came out extremely rude, and was just coming to apologize. I got pissed when I read that.. especially considering the source.. and I can't post the last part of my train of thought AG. Anyhow,.. JWPearl, I apologize for my asinine post. ND is right, I need to check myself..
    It's all good Tree. I understand the anger at poorly informed attacks on something you have pride in. You are good people.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.

It's all good Tree. I understand the anger at poorly informed attacks on something you have pride in. You are good people.

:hug:
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    "Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall."
    --Proverbs 16:18
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    Self-absorption fucking sucks.

I mean, I get it. Succumb to it myself.

But it fucking sucks.
  • RogueStonerRogueStoner Sunny AZ Posts: 1,716
    Hey JWP, you're totally right....that's all we do here in America...murder and rape everyone, especially on public transportation. That's the fare for getting on the bus, didn't you know? Oh yeah, and if you ever visit, you should know that we can smell fear just like the wild animals that we all are. Bwahahahaha! :naughty:

(Just messing with you. But seriously, there's good and bad people everywhere and stop getting your information from sensationalized TV shows. Unfortunately they don't have shows that focus on all the good people do.)
  • lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,175
    Crocodile Dundee would rather live in America than Australia........nuff said.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

lolobugg said:

Crocodile Dundee moved to America for pussy, that doesn't count.

edited November 2016

lolobugg said:

Crocodile Dundee moved to America for p***y, that doesn't count.
    P***y always counts. Right guys?
    Post edited by RogueStoner on
    edited November 2016

lolobugg said:

Crocodile Dundee moved to America for pussy, that doesn't count.
    P***y always counts. Right guys?
    ^this
    Post edited by lolobugg on

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited November 2016
    JWPearl said:

JWPearl said:

That is all.

MURICA MAN!!
    you may laugh i frankly dont care, im dead serious as to what i said and i guess its from living a sheltered life being in perth australia
    people do stupid things yes here but we have just as much freedom as america but we not as crazy by majority and its feels like a good environment for kids compared to america..
    my dad watches till early hours of the morning of crime shows, true shows and many many many stories of serial killers all mostly in america and also plenty in canada and the things they do are sick, real sick and most times victims are woman on rare occasions man and those ones are cruel and sick as well and all for the sake of a thrill of power and sex fantasies and im sorry but that is a rare occurrence here it may happen twice in 10 years what is discovered but america its discovered by the multitude of stories we get here every night new crimes....
    its an eye opener and certainly statistics show you can have a high chance of being at the wrong place at the wrong time or be stalked.... here rape and robbery is most common but it happens within circles and rarely home invasions with rape but it can happen but the odds are more in your country..
    im not disputing you have nice folk in america and your ideals are good but you have some very warped people there who have no conscience nor fear authority and the amount of different crimes of serial behaviour we see every night and few of them in one night all different every night is sickening and alarming and i wonder if they avoid casting these shows in your country but here we see it all and stuff that will haunt your mind forever as to what things have been done..
    I wouldn't use entertainment media for developing your views of countries, especially not America, because they produce so much more media in the English language. You are simply not seeing all the coverage/stories out of all the other countries because it's not in English. And just FYI, Canada doesn't a particular serial killer problem compared to other countries, lol. Our stories just get extra coverage because North America is really into the true crime stories, and like to make a lot of true crime shows for you to watch.
    Most of America is not anywhere near as scary as you think it is, despite its problems. Maybe you should visit so you can see how skewed your perception of it is? There are many very cool things about America too. And I'm saying this as someone who is very concerned about certain issues that America is suffering from. FWIW, I've been to several big cities in America, including Chicago and NYC, and I felt perfectly safe walking around in them.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    and don't forget about these psychos running around

https://youtu.be/QoHoMQuTkJo

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

One of the reasons that I love you ND. I realize that came out extremely rude, and was just coming to apologize. I got pissed when I read that.. especially considering the source.. and I can't post the last part of my train of thought AG. Anyhow,.. JWPearl, I apologize for my asinine post. ND is right, I need to check myself..
    apology accepted
    PJ_Soul said:

JWPearl said:

JWPearl said:

That is all.

MURICA MAN!!
    I wouldn't use entertainment media for developing your views of countries, especially not America, because they produce so much more media in the English language. You are simply not seeing all the coverage/stories out of all the other countries because it's not in English. And just FYI, Canada doesn't a particular serial killer problem compared to other countries, lol. Our stories just get extra coverage because North America is really into the true crime stories, and like to make a lot of true crime shows for you to watch.
    Most of America is not anywhere near as scary as you think it is, despite its problems. Maybe you should visit so you can see how skewed your perception of it is? There are many very cool things about America too. And I'm saying this as someone who is very concerned about certain issues that America is suffering from. FWIW, I've been to several big cities in America, including Chicago and NYC, and I felt perfectly safe walking around in them.
    it is not entertainment media, it has the police, fbi on the case and friends of the victims as spokesmens so i think your assuming too much of what he watches, its not a news show its real like documentation with all people of the crime involved, fbi, police, family, friends and witnesses, including court tapes and fbi investigations with pictures and videos of evidence as well, goes into the victims homes and murder scenes to the fbi's or polices office so no its not a entertainment media
    JWPearl said:

apology accepted
    PJ_Soul said:

JWPearl said:

JWPearl said:

That is all.

MURICA MAN!!
    it is not entertainment media, it has the police, fbi on the case and friends of the victims as spokesmens so i think your assuming too much of what he watches, its not a news show its real like documentation with all people of the crime involved, fbi, police, family, friends and witnesses, including court tapes and fbi investigations with pictures and videos of evidence as well, goes into the victims homes and murder scenes to the fbi's or polices office so no its not a entertainment media
    It is completely entertainment media. This is the problem with putting these shows on the air. Not everyone can discern between what is entertainment media and what isn't.

Anything you watch on TV is entertainment media. It is and always will be sensationalized for dramatic effect. Which in of itself disqualifies it as a sole source of information.

Researching actual data before drawing blanket conclusions is probably the best bet.

sorry your wrong
    No I'm not, that is the reality of the entertainment world.

I also like how you think doing actual research is wrong. That's just disappointing and sad.

JWPearl said:

sorry your wrong

First of all, it's "you're" not "your".

Second, I agree with ND. It is entertainment media. All of those months of investigation and court proceedings are edited down to one hour including commercial breaks. The most sensational sound bytes are used. Unless you read the full court transcripts, you are not getting the full story.
    sorry but your facts work for some shows but not all so your opinion doesnt stick with me sorry
    and entertainment shows dont have access to fbi, police and family quarters
    anyway i dont wish to discuss this with you so your wasting your time....
    Delusions from within your illness are arising again. Those shows are a ratings gambit.. Those stories are either sold with permission of inclusion with the parties involved, or they are showcased as a means of making the public alert, and this often brings in tips on unsolved crimes etc.Ask any of the L.A. writers here.. there are a few.. I've worked on movies sets, it's just glamorizing crimes of the most shocking nature, because those are the things people are drawn to.. like.. if Apple Pie is what people are digging into, then bake an Apple Pie.. there is currently a show out dedicated entirely to highlighting survivors of nearly deadly kid-nabbings, and torture attempts. It sells. But it is NOT representative of our country; PERIOD.
  • I get upset sometimes that I lose brain cells from reading posts.

I get upset sometimes that I lose brain cells from reading posts.

I'm not sure that's possible to actually happen but if you feel it's so...maybe take a break?

Watching Gordon Ramsay do his thing is a nice distraction at the moment. Not to mention the food porn factor.
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808

JWPearl said:

That is all.

MURICA MAN!!
    most first world countries have freedom, but don't have the violence that the US has.

i've always found it so ironic that so many people blast out the awesomeness of america, when the best of america is the same as most places, but the worst of america is only in america.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD