Options

Some asshole broke into my car...

SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,347
edited June 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
And stole nearly all of my guitar gear out of the trunk (still have my gig amp and my tele)... Fuckers broke a window (if you want into a corolla there are easier ways) broken glass everywhere...spilled an old nasty cup of coffee all over my car... ruined my gorge boxset and my pj20 soundtrack... and also stole a box of childhood stuff I was saving. What a fuckin day.

Stolen: Epiphone Valve Jr. (Head and Cab model), Gator pedal board and carrying case, Electro-Harmonix Memory Boy, Boss Blues Driver, Ibanez TS9 DX (Tube Screamer), Ernie Ball VP JR (volume pedal), Boss Chromatic Tuner, and a bunch of guitar cables.

They didn't take my car stereo at least :(
"Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
-my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    thieves suck...sorry man

keep an eye on craigslist and the second hand stores.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    sorry for that
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    FrankieGFrankieG Abingdon MD Posts: 9,095
    Did you call the cops I hope?
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
  • Options
    81 wrote:
    thieves suck...sorry man

yeah I'm hitting all the guitar shops today... at least they all know me pretty well so hopefully they'll keep their eyes peeled.

assuming the fuckers are stupid enough to try to take it to a guitar shop

Called the cops but I didn't have any of the serial numbers handy, so I need to call back when I have them all to finish the report
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    wow. I never realized the Corolla had so much cargo space.
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    81 wrote:
    thieves suck...sorry man

yeah I'm hitting all the guitar shops today... at least they all know me pretty well so hopefully they'll keep their eyes peeled.

assuming the fuckers are stupid enough to try to take it to a guitar shop

Called the cops but I didn't have any of the serial numbers handy, so I need to call back when I have them all to finish the report
    Hit the pawn shops too. The fucker that stole Tom Petty's stuff (probably $500K of guitars) sold them to a pawn shop for a few hundred dollars.
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    that sucks man...I've had vehicles broken into as well.

I know one was the apartment assistant manager's kid that broke in...idiot.

Does your car/renter's/homeowner's insurance cover it?

When I called the cops, they said seek out the pawn shops, so if you get the serial numbers, you have proof, and the pawn shop can track them down.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    MayDay10 wrote:

:lol: Yeah, believe it or not I had plenty more room still.

So yeah... They were dumb enough to try to sell some of it to a guitar shop like 3 blocks from where they broke into my car. The guy got one of their IDs and offered them $50 for all of it (knowing it was mine and hoping I'd be coming in soon to check on it). They only gave up my amp head and a few pedals but the shop is eating the $50 for me and they called the cops shortly after I stopped by to check. Cop says with all the info he got today, he'll hopefully be able to track them down pretty soon.

Thank you all for your kind words
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,719
    That totally sucks, man. I hope you get your gear back. Bad karma on the jerk who did that to you.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    nice work. hope you get all your stuff back. hopefully the car window repair doesn't cost you anything either
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    MayDay10 wrote:

So yeah... They were dumb enough to try to sell some of it to a guitar shop like 3 blocks from where they broke into my car. The guy got one of their IDs and offered them $50 for all of it (knowing it was mine and hoping I'd be coming in soon to check on it). They only gave up my amp head and a few pedals but the shop is eating the $50 for me and they called the cops shortly after I stopped by to check. Cop says with all the info he got today, he'll hopefully be able to track them down pretty soon.

Wow. That's pretty cool on the pawn shops part. Hopefully the cops can track the idiots down so you can get your stuff back and they can pay their penalty.
  • Options
    SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    MayDay10 wrote:

If the guy at the Pawn Shop carded them, they shouldn't really have to "track them down" should they? Just a matter of going to their address I would think.

I traded in a guitar at a pawn shop once when I was buying a new one, and I was under the impression (though maybe it was just this one pawn shop trying to stay on the up and up) that all pawn shops took all your information, a copy of your ID, and whatever other information would be needed to find you in case what your bringing them is stolen.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • Options
    uninnocent-uninnocent- Posts: 5,959
    I'm glad to hear there is a solid lead on the thief/thieves. Hopefully you get all your gear back and karma bites them in the nuts. Pretty cool on the store's part, too, for recognizing your belongings.
  • Options
    dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    Sorry to hear this. Thieves are pathetic. I hope you can recover your gear, that was quite a bit they took.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • Options
    pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    I'm really sorry for all this, I hope the cops/law can do something ...

years ago our corolla, the windows smashed, all they took was JB's hat ...
    it was a cool one.
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,254
    Sorry to hear that man.

Were you storing your gear in the trunk or was it just in there because you were simply transporting it? I would hope you weren't leaving it in there overnight or something...

I had my car broken into a couple years ago. Fuckers busted out the lock and stole my stereo. Would have been a whole hell of a lot cheaper if they broke the window! Fuckers!

The cop told me the same thing. "Keep an eye out at pawn shops, etc." I didn't care that much about the stereo as it wasn't anything fancy anyways. I was more shocked that someone would take the time and effort to break into my car and steal a stereo that they could probably only sell for like $30! :lol:
  • Options
    marcosmarcos Posts: 2,111
    pandora wrote:
    I'm really sorry for all this, I hope the cops/law can do something ...

years ago our corolla, the windows smashed, all they took was JB's hat ...
    it was a cool one.

There's really not much the law can do about these people that break into cars it seems, but this thread seems to be about high dollar value stuff.

My car has been broken into a few times and it was usually a hat or some CDs that were stolen (they got Yield & Lost Dogs the second time). I remember being upset about how the cost to fix the window cost 10 times more than the actual dollar value of the stuff taken and that was annoying. But I don't imagine the OP feels any better that high dollar stuff was taken.