Options

Pearl Jam does a meet-and-greet $250!

Comments

• Options
    Sec 110 row 3. Great tix. A couple people in front of me were given 200 level tickets......not sure what to expect from the m+g or "pre concert reception" as they are now calling it. Any idea what happens between 4;30 when the doors open and 5:30 when the reception begins? Perhaps just waiting in a line or mingling amungst each other? Wishing for a merch booth at the "reception". Tamarack brewery is a good spot btw. I will try to tweet some pics from the reception. @Bastroni
    Gorge
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    Sec 110 row 3. Great tix. A couple people in front of me were given 200 level tickets......not sure what to expect from the m+g or "pre concert reception" as they are now calling it. Any idea what happens between 4;30 when the doors open and 5:30 when the reception begins? Perhaps just waiting in a line or mingling amungst each other? Wishing for a merch booth at the "reception". Tamarack brewery is a good spot btw. I will try to tweet some pics from the reception. @Bastroni
    thats cool if u can take fotos.. :)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    rpech'erpech'e Twin Cities Posts: 1,106
    picked up my ticket this morning, sec 109 row 5 :D
  • Options
    rpech'e wrote:
    picked up my ticket this morning, sec 109 row 5 :D

Woot Woot( I know people hate that,but I think it fits :lol: )
    I will walk w/my hands bound
    I will walk w/my face blood
    I will walk w/my shadow flag

Memories back when she was smooth and strong
    and waiting for the world to come along...

Eddie solo Vegas Oct 31,Nov 1 2012
  • Options
    GivenToLukinKPGivenToLukinKP Chicago Posts: 3,075
    whole band is supposed to be at the m&g---I don't know specifics but I just got a text from my boyfriend who's there right now :)
    Hoping he will send me a pic or 2; if so I can upload them
    Makes much more sense...

2011: East Troy, WI 1 & 2; Toronto ON 1 & 2; Hamilton ON
    2012: Berlin, Germany 1& 2; Stockholm Sweden; Oslo Norway; Copenhagen Denmark
    2013: Wrigley Field- Chicago, IL; Philadelphia, PA 1 & 2; Hartford, CT; Vancouver BC; Seattle, WA.
    2014: Cincinnati, OH; St. Louis, MO; Moline, IL; Milwaukee, WI
    2016: Wrigley Field- Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    GivenToLukinKPGivenToLukinKP Chicago Posts: 3,075
    Sounds like all the guys except EV showed up! Pretty awesome--so wish I see there!!!

Congrats to all who got to enjoy the experience! Once in a lifetime, to say the least!
    Makes much more sense...

2011: East Troy, WI 1 & 2; Toronto ON 1 & 2; Hamilton ON
    2012: Berlin, Germany 1& 2; Stockholm Sweden; Oslo Norway; Copenhagen Denmark
    2013: Wrigley Field- Chicago, IL; Philadelphia, PA 1 & 2; Hartford, CT; Vancouver BC; Seattle, WA.
    2014: Cincinnati, OH; St. Louis, MO; Moline, IL; Milwaukee, WI
    2016: Wrigley Field- Chicago 1&2
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,838
    The pictures are popping up from the meet & greet over @ https://twitter.com/i/#!/search/pearl%20jam .

Yep, no Ed. D'oh!
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,517
    Picked up the meet-and-greet tickets on Saturday to discover I was given tickets in section 209, and after being told nothing could be done for me I received a text from a Tester staffer late last night telling me to stop by again this afternoon in order to trade for tickets in section 109.

The meet-and-greet couldn't have gone any smoother. The band members (everyone minus Ed) were initially not going to take photographs with the guests or even sign autographs but as soon as they began to work the room and mingle it was instantly apparent that the fans were all very respectful and friendly and laid back which clearly made the band members feel safe, for lack of a better word, because they were more than happy to both sign and pose. I couldn't help but tease Jeff about having more of his picks produced because they were incredibly hard for a collector to obtain, and he got a big laugh out of that. Stone and Matt were both gracious enough to sign my Benaroya Hall LP cover, thereby achieving my goal to have the entire band sign it.

Oh, and free food & drinks.

:mrgreen:
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    I could not be more pleased with how it all turned out. I got a pic with Stone, Mike and Jeff :D
    It was crazy just walking the room and mingling with them. They are awesome guys for sure!!
    Loved Mike's mohawk :thumbup: Did not try any of the food but I used my 2 free drink tickets :mrgreen:
    Between the M&G, my insane seat and the concert it was one of the best days of my life 8-)
  • Options
    nycratsnycrats Posts: 1,348
    Wow
    The event was super cool and super smooth. 200 or so people all got facebtime, pictures andautographs. Justbsuper cool. Way better tyan i expected.

And then to our seats. We knew they were great, sc 110 row 2. Seats were 6 and 7 so figured wed be in middle of the row. Seats 6 and 7 were the closest to the stage! There was no people in row 1. We were as close as anyone could be to the band and not in ga. A. Maze. Ing. We were going so nuts , we broke the railing of the bleavhers. And that was by like the 3 rd song. The screws came out of the railing from jumping up and down. It was literally the best seatsive ever had, ever will have for pj. To just feel that was wow. Just awesome. Great event, great show. Legendary night
    '98: Camden 1 '00: JB2 '03: MSG1 '04: Boston 1 '05: AC1
    '06: Irving Plaza, East Rutherford 1 & 2 '07: Lolla '08: Camden 2, MSG2, Beacon
    '09 :Philly 1 & 2 '10: Buffalo, Newark, MSG1, MSG2
    '11: PJ20 1 & 2 '12: Missoula '13: Wrigley, BK2, Philly 1 & 2, Hartford
    '14: Ams 1 & 2, Cincy, St Louis, Detroit, Moline '15: Central Park
    '16 Philly 1 & 2, MSG 1 & 2, Toronto 1 & 2, Fenway 1, Wrigley 1
    '17 Brooklyn hall of fame ‘18 Fenway 1
  • Options
    nycrats wrote:
    Wow
    The event was super cool and super smooth. 200 or so people all got facebtime, pictures andautographs. Justbsuper cool. Way better tyan i expected.

And then to our seats. We knew they were great, sc 110 row 2. Seats were 6 and 7 so figured wed be in middle of the row. Seats 6 and 7 were the closest to the stage! There was no people in row 1. We were as close as anyone could be to the band and not in ga. A. Maze. Ing. We were going so nuts , we broke the railing of the bleavhers. And that was by like the 3 rd song. The screws came out of the railing from jumping up and down. It was literally the best seatsive ever had, ever will have for pj. To just feel that was wow. Just awesome. Great event, great show. Legendary night

I was 3 rows above you seat 7 on the rail when it broke :shock: :lol:
    It was awesome watching 4-5 huge ass guys jumping, rockin out and just going nuts!!
    What a fucken night!! :fp: The seats were priceless!!
  • Options
    rpech'e wrote:
    nycrats wrote:
    Wow

It was awesome watching 4-5 huge ass guys jumping, rockin out and just going nuts!!

Yeah were not exactly small, and those seats and that experience, i just could not control myself one bit. I think i was the only one there who was sweating more than ed. Seeing all the behind the scenes action from those seats was super cool too. Inbetween encores watching them thru the curtain ed with his notebook, it just felt really intimate and ungorgettable. There were at least a dozen times where i thought i could not be happier than that very moment.

Now i know how sub 100k members feel at each show. I really hopei get to experience that energy up close again.
  • Options
    groovemegrooveme Posts: 353
    We were very pleased at the meet 'n' greet. The whole thing was very low key and the guys were very friendly and open. I guess Eddie was not feeling well, but he was the only band member that didn't make it. After announcing no autographs or pictures, they were signing and posing for everyone that asked. everyone was polite and not pushy. We got pictures with Stone, Mike, and Jeff. Mike gave me a pick, and Jeff autographed my ticket stub.

And that was all before the awesomeness of the show last night. I must say that they were in fine form, with tons of energy, and seemed to be having a great time. We just saw them at Deluna, too. The setlist was great in Deluna, but this show had a great vibe and energy that was missing there, maybe because of the small, intimate venue.

8-)8-)
  • Options
    nycrats wrote:
    rpech'e wrote:
    nycrats wrote:
    Wow

Yeah were not exactly small, and those seats and that experience, i just could not control myself one bit. I think i was the only one there who was sweating more than ed. Seeing all the behind the scenes action from those seats was super cool too. Inbetween encores watching them thru the curtain ed with his notebook, it just felt really intimate and ungorgettable. There were at least a dozen times where i thought i could not be happier than that very moment.

Now i know how sub 100k members feel at each show. I really hopei get to experience that energy up close again.

I was the guy in row 3 with my wife in seats 6 & 7. Thanks for sharing your beverage and holding me up when my 360 went south and I fell into you! What a show. I snapped a picture of the guys working on the rail
    059oc.jpg
    Gorge
  • Options
    PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS THE 406 Posts: 6,736
    wow i kinda have a different view of how things went down. There were some people who were a tad bit rude. i am being nice about that statement. At one point a security guard who was walking around with Mike got mad and said no more photo no more auto, yet people still did it.

It was a good time, and very nice to say hi and shake all their hands. Mike took notice of the shirt i was wearing smiled and a thumbs up, Jeff also smiled and said cool shirt

Matt was really cool and Stone looked a tad bit nervous.

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• Options
    drewdawgqdrewdawgq Posts: 168
    PJ_ROCKS wrote:
    wow i kinda have a different view of how things went down. There were some people who were a tad bit rude. i am being nice about that statement. At one point a security guard who was walking around with Mike got mad and said no more photo no more auto, yet people still did it.

It was a good time, and very nice to say hi and shake all their hands. Mike took notice of the shirt i was wearing smiled and a thumbs up, Jeff also smiled and said cool shirt

Yeah, the security guard came out and asked that no one request photos or autographs so that everyone gets a chance to shake hands and speak to each member. Literally the first person to talk to Jeff got a camera out and asked for a photo, after that it was all over. I was just glad to speak to them. In hindsight I wish I had brought my Yield album for them to sign. All the guys were awesome but Stone was obviously uncomfortable with the whole thing.

What shirt were you wearing? I was the one with the Vedder/Gaspar 2012 shirt.
    Tread Lightly.
  • Options
    [/quote]

I was the guy in row 3 with my wife in seats 6 & 7. Thanks for sharing your beverage and holding me up when my 360 went south and I fell into you! What a show. I snapped a picture of the guys working on the rail
    059oc.jpg[/quote]

ha thats awesome! glad you guys had as much fun as we did!
  • Options
    Ezo5000Ezo5000 Posts: 155
    PJ_ROCKS wrote:

I met Stone. After that I looked around the room and it just felt like a melee. Matt and Jeff were on the verge of being pushed through the curtains and I couldn't even see Mike. There was no way I was going to take part in that circus. I felt bad for the guys. It made me uncomfortable. It was still cool to see them up close. I just used it as a good opportunity to get to the merch and rail quickly. I don't like how it went down but I don't regret spending the money. The show was OUTSTANDING!
  • Options
    Ezo5000 wrote:
    PJ_ROCKS wrote:

I met Stone. After that I looked around the room and it just felt like a melee. Matt and Jeff were on the verge of being pushed through the curtains and I couldn't even see Mike. There was no way I was going to take part in that circus. I felt bad for the guys. It made me uncomfortable. It was still cool to see them up close. I just used it as a good opportunity to get to the merch and rail quickly. I don't like how it went down but I don't regret spending the money. The show was OUTSTANDING!

yes i saw what was going on, and like you i felt bad for them! :silent:

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• Options
    i thought the guys were quite gracious. i feel like they braced themselves and knew what they are in for. once they came out there was this assembly line quality as far as meeting and greeting but they were all really nice. i came in with zero expectations and i enjoyed myself. mike even gave me a $250 sticker
    i have a paper here that entitles me to fast track status
  • Options
    jomaryjomary Posts: 410
    I was so impressed with Mike during the whole ordeal, not only did he have a bag full of stickers and 7 inch singles to give out he actively went out into the crowd to meet as many people as he could. I felt bad for the security guy with Mike because he just kind of took off and said I am going to mingle. I even heard one guy say to him "I have so many questions to ask you but I know you don't have time to answer them all?" And Mike's response was ask me anything you want I'll answer as many as I can. What a class act.

If anything the meet and greet was much more tame than the 2 or 3 times Mike jumped off the stage and ran up to the rail during the show and engaged the crowd. Which I am sure his security guy was not equally happy with either incident.

I did think it was some what classless when the entire band, minus Ed is standing in front of the group and the security guy has come out and said they all want to do is meet everyone and mingle, someone had the balls to say "Where is Eddie?" The guys handled it well, they joked he was in their back pocket and went about signing and taking pictures with just about everyone that asked. Despite the fact the security detail asked everyone in advance to not ask for pictures or autographs.

I thought Mike and Stone showed amazing courage by just jumping out and moving through the crowd, it seemed like everyone just started moving into a different part of the crowd to try to make sure people were engaged equally throughout the crowd and it really did seem like all the guys genuinely wanted to meet everyone and do as much as they could to make sure everyone left the event feeling like the met the band.
    Raleigh, NC 8-18-92
    Missoula, MT 9-30-12, EV Dallas, TX 11-15-12, EV San Antonio 11-16-12
    London, ONT 7-16-13 - Wrigley Field 7-19-13
    Charlotte 10-30-13, Dallas 11-15-13, OKC 11-16-13, Seattle 12-6-13
    Tulsa 10-8-14, Lincoln 10-9-14, St. Paul 10-19-14, Milwaukee 10-20-14
    NYC 9-26-15
    Ft Lauderdale 4-8-16, Miami 4-9-16, Tampa 4-11-16, Jacksonville 4-13-16, Pemberton 7-17-16,Wrigley 8-20-16 and 8-22-16
    Seattle 8-8-18; 8-10-18, Missoula 8-13-18
    Earthlings 2022:  Seattle 2-21-222 and 2-22-22, Los Angeles 2-25-22
    EV Coeur d’Alene 7-28-23, St Paul 8-31-23 and 9-2-23, Ft Worth 9-13-23 and 9-15-23, EV Seattle 10-23-23 and 10-24-23

• Options
    love to read about God....he is the coolest guy in the whole fuckin rock n roll...
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    UGH WHEN THE GIRL YELLED OUT "IS EDDIE COMING?!" i was so embarrassed. that was just awful
    but overall i thought the guys knew what they were in for and seemed to enjoy themselves giving this access. you can tell when they were genuinely intersted in answering people's questions. I thought it was mostly handled well by the fans minus a few really pushy girls (not pointing fingers but there was a bleached blond girl that was out of control) but 95% of the crowd was cool and respectful. I really, and same with most people, had no idea what to say to the guys so i told stone we really liked his brad show in new york and he was pretty happy to hear and said it was one of their better shows, hes such a cool dude. the mike security guard guy was pretty intimidating. did you guys notice all the security in front of the stage during the concert? there were liek a dozen yellow shorts and then a crew run by the guy who was with mike and the meet and greet. do you think they had extra security at the show because the political nature of the show? close race and maybe some extremist nut comes to the concert to make a point? i dunno..

did anyone here actually go to the dinner ? wanna hear some stories.
  • Options
    groovemegrooveme Posts: 353
    I didn't hear whoever asking about Eddie, that is pretty sad. I couldn't see the band when they first came out, over the crowd at the front.

I think the band did a great job trying to talk a little bit to everyone. How much personal time can you expect with 4 of them and 200 guests? I was happy to say hi to and shake hands with them, and they didn't seem uncomfortable to me. They were exceedingly gracious. I didn't personally notice a lot of pushiness, but we waited a bit before trying to go meet any of them, since the crowd was pretty thick.
  • Options
    big thank you to all the people that took pictures of me with guys in the band since i have a poverty cellphone! much appreciated!
    i have a paper here that entitles me to fast track status
  • Options
    someone said to jeff "thanks for doing this tonight and supporting the democrats"

he said "i dont care what they are as long as theyre a good guy, (parties dont necessarily matter to me)"

thought it was a cool response
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    Did anyone get close enough to Jon Tester to confirm he is not indeed Meat Loaf???

:?:
  • Options
    after seeing what was going on with the photos, i didnt ask to take photos with the guys, but i did get some pictures.

IMG_44071.jpg
    that is me wearing the McCready shirt

Photo04511.jpg

Photo04521.jpg

Photo04531.jpg

thanks KAT

and Thank You Pearl Jam for giving us fans, a chance of a lifetime, to meet you guys. It was well worth every penny i spent!!! and something i will never forget and cherish

thank you thank you thank you!

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• Options
    jomary wrote:
    I was so impressed with Mike during the whole ordeal, not only did he have a bag full of stickers and 7 inch singles to give out he actively went out into the crowd to meet as many people as he could. I felt bad for the security guy with Mike because he just kind of took off and said I am going to mingle. I even heard one guy say to him "I have so many questions to ask you but I know you don't have time to answer them all?" And Mike's response was ask me anything you want I'll answer as many as I can. What a class act.

If anything the meet and greet was much more tame than the 2 or 3 times Mike jumped off the stage and ran up to the rail during the show and engaged the crowd. Which I am sure his security guy was not equally happy with either incident.

I did think it was some what classless when the entire band, minus Ed is standing in front of the group and the security guy has come out and said they all want to do is meet everyone and mingle, someone had the balls to say "Where is Eddie?" The guys handled it well, they joked he was in their back pocket and went about signing and taking pictures with just about everyone that asked. Despite the fact the security detail asked everyone in advance to not ask for pictures or autographs.

I thought Mike and Stone showed amazing courage by just jumping out and moving through the crowd, it seemed like everyone just started moving into a different part of the crowd to try to make sure people were engaged equally throughout the crowd and it really did seem like all the guys genuinely wanted to meet everyone and do as much as they could to make sure everyone left the event feeling like the met the band.

Just wanted to say :wave: it was a real pleasure meeting you and your wife, truly wonderful people :D
    You guys made the experience for me even more spectacular that it already was.
    Will be forever grateful :D
  • Options
    PJ_ROCKS wrote:
    after seeing what was going on with the photos, i didnt ask to take photos with the guys, but i did get some pictures.

IMG_44071.jpg
    that is me wearing the McCready shirt

Photo04511.jpg

Photo04521.jpg

Photo04531.jpg

thanks KAT

and Thank You Pearl Jam for giving us fans, a chance of a lifetime, to meet you guys. It was well worth every penny i spent!!! and something i will never forget and cherish

thank you thank you thank you!
    awesome!