Options

Jeff Ament - While My Heart Beats

Comments

• Options
    StillHereStillHere Posts: 7,795
    Listening to this now it becomes so very obvious just how much influence that Jeff had on the writing of the Tres Mts tunes.

Could learn to LOVE THIS :)
    peace,
    jo

http://www.Etsy.com/Shop/SimpleEarthCreations
    "How I choose to feel is how I am." ~ EV/MMc
    "Some people hear their own inner voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy, or they become legends." ~ One Stab ~
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,533
    Ah, it's on vinyl. :) Excellent... Now Jeff, please put your Deranged Diction CD on vinyl too! :D
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    LamentLament Posts: 294
    Does anyone have any more info/insight regarding the personnel on this? Is When the Fire Comes the only track with Joseph Arthur? How prevalent is Richard Stuverud on it?
  • Options
    I've got the vinyl in the cart, but do you get a digital download with that? Any purchased the vinyl yet? Do want to wait the 4 to 6 weeks for this to get to Australia to hear some new Ament tracks.
    1998 - 11/3 (SYD2)
    2003 - 11/2 (SYD1), 13/2 (SYD2), 14/2 (SYD3), 8/7 (MSG1), 9/7 (MSG2), 11/7 (BOS3)
    2006 - 7/11 (SYD1), 8/11 (SYD2), 10/11 (BRIS1), 18/11 (SYD3)
    2009 - 20/11 (MEL), 22/11 (SYD)
    2011 - 18/3 (EVSYD1), 19/3 (EVSYD2), 24/3 (EVMEL1), 25/3 (EVMEL2)
    2014 - 26/1 (BDOSYD)
  • Options
    pretextpretext Posts: 1,294
    I've got the vinyl in the cart, but do you get a digital download with that? Any purchased the vinyl yet? Do want to wait the 4 to 6 weeks for this to get to Australia to hear some new Ament tracks.

Just ordered and didn't get a code, but they definitely gave one with the tres mts LP, so I imagine this will too.

Totally stoked they did vinyl, but I'll never understand why the shipping is so high for LPs. I've mailed a ton and four bucks always covers it.
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,841
    I just got mine on iTunes since I have a gift card. Going to give it a listen tomorrow on the way to work :D. I loved Tone 8-).
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17

LOOKING FOR A SINGLE TICKET TO MSG NIGHT 2

• Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,394
    I'm glad there is finally an announcement about this on the front page of the main website!!!!! :P
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    Nope, no digital download with the vinyl. They're selling it separately. Or at least j assume so, because I bought the vinyl, and no download.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Thanks @pretext and @PJ_Soul, ended up buying both the vinyl and the CD.

In the meantime, I'll happily sit here and twiddle my thumbs.
    1998 - 11/3 (SYD2)
    2003 - 11/2 (SYD1), 13/2 (SYD2), 14/2 (SYD3), 8/7 (MSG1), 9/7 (MSG2), 11/7 (BOS3)
    2006 - 7/11 (SYD1), 8/11 (SYD2), 10/11 (BRIS1), 18/11 (SYD3)
    2009 - 20/11 (MEL), 22/11 (SYD)
    2011 - 18/3 (EVSYD1), 19/3 (EVSYD2), 24/3 (EVMEL1), 25/3 (EVMEL2)
    2014 - 26/1 (BDOSYD)
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,806

hmm .. I wonder if we do get the digital download code for this release, for those who pre ordered the vinyl. We did for the last few side projects vinyl releases that was sold @ the 10club store an MP3 download. Though I don't remember seeing those side projects releasing their records in MP3 format for purchase @ the 10club store. I hope those that do buy the Vinyl (and the CD) get a digital download (whatever the format it is, in 192kbps or 64kbps) from 10club. I just wanna hear it soon. :)
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    edited June 2012
    demetrios wrote:

hmm .. I wonder if we do get the digital download code for this release, for those who pre ordered the vinyl. We did for the last few side projects vinyl releases that was sold @ the 10club store an MP3 download. Though I don't remember seeing those side projects releasing their records in MP3 format for purchase @ the 10club store. I hope those that do buy the Vinyl (and the CD) get a digital download (whatever the format it is, in 192kbps or 64kbps) from 10club. I just wanna hear it soon. :)
    I purchased the vinyl and CD.....and got a download link in my order history...very cool :D
    and its in 192kbps, which isnt terrible.
    Post edited by MedozK on
  • Options
    MedozK wrote:
    demetrios wrote:

I purchased the vinyl and CD.....and got a download link in my order history...very cool :D
    Hey, awesome! I just looked and now I have a download link too! I didn't before today. Weird.
  • Options
    MedozK wrote:
    demetrios wrote:

and its in 192kbps, which isnt terrible.

AWESOME!!! Downloading now!! :D
  • Options
    WhyNotSwedenWhyNotSweden Sweden Posts: 4,264
    I bought the Vinyl and I just got a download code in order history, they should ad this in the item description so no one miss that. I would if I wasn't there to check the order status.

Thanks for the code 10C
    -95, Stockholm (MirrorBall Tour)
    -00, Stockholm
    -07, Copenhagen
    -09, Berlin
    -10, Berlin
    -11, East Troy 1+2
    -12, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen, EV London 2
    -13, London, Chicago
    -14, Amsterdam 1+2, Berlin, Stockholm, Oslo
    -16, TOTD San Francisco 1+2
    -17, EV Amsterdam 2+3
    -18, Amsterdam 1+2, London 1+(2), Barcelona, London 2
    -19, EV Brussels

• Options
    I bought the Vinyl and I just got a download code in order history, they should ad this in the item description so no one miss that. I would if I wasn't there to check the order status.

Thanks for the code 10C

Also email those fan's who already pre ordered the vinyl, for those that don't check their order history regularly.
  • Options
    betterday52betterday52 Posts: 204
    PJRadio just played Never forget. So now it getting promoed.

Is that Jeff singing on Never Forget?
    our future is paved with better days

EV Austin Nov 9 &11 2012
    EPIC Wrigley 7/19/2013 who could ever forget that date :-) my first PJ
    Dallas 11/15/2013
    OKC 11/16/2013
    Seattle 2 hopefully?!
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,971
    This album is the proof (if Low light/NAIS/Help Help wasn't) that they should give Jeff more creative control.

Less supersonic/Ole/The Fixer punkshit that Eddies voice can't handle and more of this. More Riot Act/Binaural atmospheric-soaked songs.

Listeing to teh album on spotify right now,Give it a name is catchy!
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    Why is this not stickied?
  • Options
    JzPJzP Posts: 931
    demetrios wrote:

Thanks for the code 10C

Also email those fan's who already pre ordered the vinyl, for those that don't check their order history regularly.

Thanks for that dudes. Never would've noticed.
    ~JzP
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,005
    Less supersonic/Ole/The Fixer punkshit that Eddies voice can't handle and more of this. More Riot Act/Binaural atmospheric-soaked songs.
    YES!
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    jimbojones1138jimbojones1138 Posts: 3,640
    Swee-heet! Glad i read this thread, just founf my download code.
    it's largely due to eddie that i liked to jump off of things as a child...
  • Options
    JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,217
    Lament wrote:
    Does anyone have any more info/insight regarding the personnel on this? Is When the Fire Comes the only track with Joseph Arthur? How prevalent is Richard Stuverud on it?

I'm wondering the same thing.. Anyone?
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • Options
    Just listened to the album - It's good! Jeff has been tossing out piles of great creative energy in the past couple of years. I've said it before: Hopefully Jeff has a lot of influence on the new PJ album.
  • Options
    fgalpernfgalpern Posts: 208
    As alluded to earlier in this thread, this record fits right in with the more exploratory PJ records. No surprise that it's also reminiscent of Three Fish too. Glad to see Jeff doing his thing but I do miss the more polished vocals that his previous collaborators bring to his tunes.

Looking ahead, if this record represents a collection of songs that weren't right for PJ (for whatever reason) we have a lot to look forward to! Just imagine if the band's future output evolved so that PJ records were the solid rock only they can make as a team, while Stone/Brad continued to make incredible soulful-rock, Mike adds his signature sweetness to new acts, Ed does his folk thing and Jeff brings us more Riot Act/Binaural/Three Fish/Tres Mts groove rock. Of course, this is what we've been treated to by these guys and the extended family for so many years now.

Being a fan of this band is rewarding in so many ways beyond the new PJ record or tour. Thanks guys!
    10C Member # 6,9XX - from 1992 to Present, attended 40 shows and counting...
  • Options
    JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    So when does your tour start, Jeff? :mrgreen:
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,841
    Jeanwah wrote:
    Why is this not stickied?

:?:
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17

LOOKING FOR A SINGLE TICKET TO MSG NIGHT 2

• Options
    your move nowyour move now Posts: 1,165
    JzP wrote:
    demetrios wrote:

Thanks for the code 10C

damn am I the only one stupid enough to have bought both? :oops:
    I don't mean to offend anyone, a lot of what I say should be taken with a grain of salt... that said for most of you I'm a stranger on a computer on the other side of the world, don't give me that sort of power!
  • Options
    JzP wrote:
    demetrios wrote:

damn am I the only one stupid enough to have bought both? :oops:
    That's bullshit. You should email 10C; they'll refund your purchase of the download I bet.
  • Options
    Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    On my first listen now...currently on the title track (track 4). I'm really enjoying it so far. I haven't heard any of jeff's other solo output, but this is making me want to check it out.
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    I bought the CD and didn't get a download code, so I may just sit and wait patiently until it gets to Brazil.. in 2 months or so. :corn: