Options

San Diego - Anyone else thought Ed's voice was strange?

ArmsinaVArmsinaV Posts: 108
edited July 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
I don't mean how he was singing. But at times, it sounded like his amp or whatever was tuned high, like he was talking kind of like he had helium in his lungs? They were messing with his mic all night.

I noticed it and wondered if anyone else did, especially when he was talking to the crowd.

Great show, though.
2000: Lubbock; 2003: OKC, Dallas, San Antonio; 2006: Los Angeles II, San Diego; 2008: Atlanta (EV Solo); 2012: Dallas (EV Solo); 2013: Dallas; 2014: Tulsa; 2018: Wrigley I
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    think that was the chain smoking and booze...LOL
  • Options
    lokiloki Posts: 40
    At the Vegas show he was complaining about his voice being scratchy and that he was under the weather.
    6/14/98, 9/4/00, 5/3/03, 7/3/03, 7/12/03, 10/1/04, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 7/6/06, 6/19/08, 6/20/08, 6/22/08, 8/16/08, 8/17/08
  • Options
    goldenegggoldenegg Posts: 367
    I remember reading somewhere that he mentioned he had a cold in Vegas.

EDIT: loki beat me to it
  • Options
    loki wrote:
    At the Vegas show he was complaining about his voice being scratchy and that he was under the weather.

Yeah, he said he had a scratchy throat. What drives me nuts, though, is that I am a speech pathologist, so it KILLS me to see him complaining about his throat/voice and then smoking and drinking wine! Way to dry out your vocal folds, bud!!! I met him after the show in SD and wanted to say something, but didn't have the ability to say anything besides "thanks!". Granted...i don't know how respectful it'd be to say anything :D
  • Options
    From my side of teh stage he kept looking over the the techs and asking them to turn him down. He'd point to himself and them point down. He worked it into his movements pretty well. Really smooth. Peace, J
    Ignore your rights and they'll go away!

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to have fun." Benjamin Franklin

www.AllAmericanBiofuels.com
    Biodiesel: No War Required!
  • Options
    FANnCAFANnCA Posts: 107
    i thought there where some mic problems at times on friday. every once in a while there was cut outs on ed. when he would say something at the end of the first two sets there was no sound