Official Neil Young Thread

Comments

• Wow this is a nice surprise! Fingers crossed for getting tickets!
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Uncle Neil!!!
  • goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,258
    Oh wow, Nils is going to be there too!! :clap:

“Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    goldrush said:
    Oh wow, Nils is going to be there too!! :clap:

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    lolobugg said:
    Hobbes said:
    Awesome news! :triumph:

I think I just peed a little.

I wish I was closer to Fresno
    I'm only a couple hours max from Fresno but... Fresno?  Good lord, Neil, Fresno?  The armpit of California?  Well, OK, if I luck out and get tickets I'm in but right now I'm scratching my head.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

edited April 2018
    There are some cool videos online from the 'Light Up The Blues' benefit concert last weekend, including a couple of Neil jamming with Steven Stills

Long May You Run:

https://youtu.be/HHgnDU8Km2M

For What It's Worth:

https://youtu.be/cz1ajVOrYNc

Mr Soul:

https://youtu.be/riTHz52okLU

I was never a big CSNY fan, but something about seeing Neil and Stills together always makes me smile
    Post edited by goldrush on

(Tim Rogers)
    “Poncho is unable to join us right now but we all hope he will be back. Now Nils is with us again!”

(Tim Rogers)
    If The Horse comes to a club anywhere in the Eastern Time Zone im there with bells on
    goldrush said:
    There are some cool videos online from the 'Light Up The Blues' benefit concert last weekend, including a couple of Neil jamming with Steven Stills

Long May You Run:

https://youtu.be/HHgnDU8Km2M

For What It's Worth:

https://youtu.be/cz1ajVOrYNc

Mr Soul:

https://youtu.be/riTHz52okLU

I was never a big CSNY fan, but something about seeing Neil and Stills together always makes me smile
    Awesome, thanks goldrush!  And how cool to see Benmont Tench there sitting in on keyboards!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

edited April 2018
    goldrush said:
    “Poncho is unable to join us right now but we all hope he will be back. Now Nils is with us again!”

No Poncho this go-round?  :bawling:

• Chris1401Chris1401 Posts: 354
    Looks like two shows have been added in Bakersfield - May 5th and 6th. Presale is live now. 
    The Fresno show on May 1st will be live streamed on the Archives site

(Tim Rogers)
    goldrush said:

Excellent news for those of us 3000 miles away
    my2hands said:
    goldrush said:

Excellent news for those of us 3000 miles away
    It’s a cool thing for them to do, I’m just not sure how I’ll be able to see it as I’m 17 hours ahead of Fresno! I’ll still be in work so I’ll have to get creative with what’s show on my computer screen... 

(Tim Rogers)
    goldrush said:

Cool!  My internet connection sucks big time so I won't be able to stream it but at least there's a chance a good recording will show up on YouTube.  Hope so!

goldrush said:

Is the archives thing still free?

Man - NEIL YOUNG IS DELIVERING THIS YEAR. MIRROBALL#2 BEFORE CHRISTMAS1
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    Why aren't people saying anything about Live at the Roxy? It's up on Spotify and everything...
    Why aren't people saying anything about Live at the Roxy? It's up on Spotify and everything...
    You mean things like, “it’s a fantastic record?”
    Well, it is! It’s a really great performance and definitely one to get, especially if you’re a fan of TTN. 

(I’m well aware that I can often sound a bit too fanboy about Neil albums, but this is really bloody good!)

(Tim Rogers)
    Harvest Moon is being played in the motion picture A Quiet Place
  • jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,399
    goldrush said:
    You mean things like, “it’s a fantastic record?”
    Well, it is! It’s a really great performance and definitely one to get, especially if you’re a fan of TTN. 

(I’m well aware that I can often sound a bit too fanboy about Neil albums, but this is really bloody good!)
    Ive given it a few spins now and I can say it's a great record!
    Dang it!  Neil and The Horse are playing  just a few hours south of where I am as I type this.  I've got the window open, straining to hear them play.  So far just some wind coming from the south.  Wish I were there!

There's a bunch of guys over on the Steve Hoffman Music Forums site giving great blow by blow accounts of the show.  That's so cool... other than the fact that it's about to make my head blow up.  The band is playing so close... but so far!  :cry:

brianlux said:
    There's a bunch of guys over on the Steve Hoffman Music Forums site giving great blow by blow accounts of the show.  That's so cool... other than the fact that it's about to make my head blow up.  The band is playing so close... but so far!  :cry:
    Can’t you get on the Archives site Brian? It’s a cool show, with an anything-goes kind of vibe to it!

(Tim Rogers)
    goldrush said:
    brianlux said:
    Can’t you get on the Archives site Brian? It’s a cool show, with an anything-goes kind of vibe to it!
    I tried but no luck.  My internet connection out here is terrible!  Hopefully some of it will show up on YouTube in the coming days.  It's a bit maddening to not be in on this monumental event.  I'm just thankful they're doing it though.  That's so cool!

edited May 2018
    brianlux said:
    goldrush said:
    brianlux said:
    I tried but no luck.  My internet connection out here is terrible!  Hopefully some of it will show up on YouTube in the coming days.  It's a bit maddening to not be in on this monumental event.  I'm just thankful they're doing it though.  That's so cool!
    There’s a Vimeo link for it if that's any better?

https://vimeo.com/267516531

(Tim Rogers)
    There’s also a Movie Schedule on the NYA site that I hadn’t noticed before

(Tim Rogers)
    goldrush said:
    brianlux said:
    goldrush said:
    brianlux said:
    There’s a Vimeo link for it if that's any better?

https://vimeo.com/267516531
    OMG!!  Cortez!  Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So glad I got to see the rest of the set.  Thanks so much goldrush!  Made my day!  Ah heck, made my year!

Long live The Horse!

Anyway to see it now? :O 
    That was a great set list!

Big Time
    Country Home
    Don't Cry No Tears
    Winterlong
    World On A String
    Scattered (Let's Think About Livin')
    Fuckin' Up
    Too Far Gone
    Only Love can Break Your Heart
    Cinnamon Girl