***The Official Boxing Thread**

2456711

Comments

  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 24,196
    Heisenberg wrote:
    I have a bad feeling Manny is gonna have major trouble with Bradley tonight.

    I kind of hope he loses. Fuck both those guys.
  • normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool.Posts: 31,106
    judging from my twitter feed, it looks like boxing will continue it's reign as the most corrupt sport going :lol:
  • 8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not.Posts: 58,276
    norm wrote:
    judging from my twitter feed, it looks like boxing will continue it's reign as the most corrupt sport going :lol:


    yup...my feed said pung gow won....
    81 is now off the air

    Off_Air.jpg
  • HeisenbergHeisenberg Los Pollos HermanosPosts: 4,955
    Did anyone actually see this? I get home and find out it was "the worst decision in history". According to ESPiN, Manny landed almost 80 more punches and won 11 rounds to 1 yet somehow lost? Jim Lampley told Dan Rafael it's the "worst decision he's ever seen". God I love this sport but it's more corrupt than our political system. I think the WWE might have less scripting than Top Rank and Golden Boy Promotions. I just wish I still lived in Vegas because I had a feeling about this and would have made a fortune.
    03/22/94 - Cleveland, 07/08/95 - Milwaukee, 09/22/96 - Toledo, 08/07/98 - Noblesville,
    08/26/98 - Cleveland, 08/18/00 - Noblesville, 08/21/00 - Columbus, 09/05/00 - Pittsburgh,
    04/13/03 - Tampa, 04/19/03 - Atlanta, 06/22/03 - Noblesville, 06/24/03 - Columbus,
    07/06/06 - Las Vegas, 07/09/06 & 07/10/06 - Los Angeles, 08/23/09 & 08/24/09 - Chicago,
    10/30/09 & 10/31/09 - Philly, 05/06/10 - Columbus, 05/07/10 - Noblesville, 05/09/10 - Cleveland,
    09/03/11 & 09/04/11 - PJ20, 09/30/12 - Missoula, 07/19/13 - Wrigley, 10/11/13 - Pittsburgh,
    10/12/13 - Buffalo, 10/29/13 - Charlottesville, 10/30/13 - Charlotte - 10/1/14 - Cincinnati - 10/3/14 - St. Louis - 10/14/2014 - Memphis - 10/16/2014 - Detroit, 04/26/16 - Lexington, 05/08/16 - Ottawa, 05/10/16 & 05/12/16 - Toronto
  • normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool.Posts: 31,106
    Bradley says he needs to review the tape to see if he won the fight. :fp:


    and i thought stern's manipulation of the cp3 trade was the worst fix since the '19 series :lolno:
  • HeisenbergHeisenberg Los Pollos HermanosPosts: 4,955
    norm wrote:
    Bradley says he needs to review the tape to see if he won the fight. :fp:

    Unbelievable
    03/22/94 - Cleveland, 07/08/95 - Milwaukee, 09/22/96 - Toledo, 08/07/98 - Noblesville,
    08/26/98 - Cleveland, 08/18/00 - Noblesville, 08/21/00 - Columbus, 09/05/00 - Pittsburgh,
    04/13/03 - Tampa, 04/19/03 - Atlanta, 06/22/03 - Noblesville, 06/24/03 - Columbus,
    07/06/06 - Las Vegas, 07/09/06 & 07/10/06 - Los Angeles, 08/23/09 & 08/24/09 - Chicago,
    10/30/09 & 10/31/09 - Philly, 05/06/10 - Columbus, 05/07/10 - Noblesville, 05/09/10 - Cleveland,
    09/03/11 & 09/04/11 - PJ20, 09/30/12 - Missoula, 07/19/13 - Wrigley, 10/11/13 - Pittsburgh,
    10/12/13 - Buffalo, 10/29/13 - Charlottesville, 10/30/13 - Charlotte - 10/1/14 - Cincinnati - 10/3/14 - St. Louis - 10/14/2014 - Memphis - 10/16/2014 - Detroit, 04/26/16 - Lexington, 05/08/16 - Ottawa, 05/10/16 & 05/12/16 - Toronto
  • HeisenbergHeisenberg Los Pollos HermanosPosts: 4,955
    ESPN is so awful. They just teased the fight in the intro of sportscenter and thier supposed "expert" host said "Manny pacquaio loses a controversial decision to AVERY BRADLEY" I'm suprised they didn't follow that up with "Devils beat the Sacromento Kings by using their long stick-y things to knock the flat black disc past the goalkeeper and into the endzone".
    03/22/94 - Cleveland, 07/08/95 - Milwaukee, 09/22/96 - Toledo, 08/07/98 - Noblesville,
    08/26/98 - Cleveland, 08/18/00 - Noblesville, 08/21/00 - Columbus, 09/05/00 - Pittsburgh,
    04/13/03 - Tampa, 04/19/03 - Atlanta, 06/22/03 - Noblesville, 06/24/03 - Columbus,
    07/06/06 - Las Vegas, 07/09/06 & 07/10/06 - Los Angeles, 08/23/09 & 08/24/09 - Chicago,
    10/30/09 & 10/31/09 - Philly, 05/06/10 - Columbus, 05/07/10 - Noblesville, 05/09/10 - Cleveland,
    09/03/11 & 09/04/11 - PJ20, 09/30/12 - Missoula, 07/19/13 - Wrigley, 10/11/13 - Pittsburgh,
    10/12/13 - Buffalo, 10/29/13 - Charlottesville, 10/30/13 - Charlotte - 10/1/14 - Cincinnati - 10/3/14 - St. Louis - 10/14/2014 - Memphis - 10/16/2014 - Detroit, 04/26/16 - Lexington, 05/08/16 - Ottawa, 05/10/16 & 05/12/16 - Toronto
  • normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool.Posts: 31,106
  • HeisenbergHeisenberg Los Pollos HermanosPosts: 4,955
    Mr. Reliable Bob Arum claims that Bradley said to him in the ring before the decision was announced that he "tried hard but couldn't beat the guy".
    03/22/94 - Cleveland, 07/08/95 - Milwaukee, 09/22/96 - Toledo, 08/07/98 - Noblesville,
    08/26/98 - Cleveland, 08/18/00 - Noblesville, 08/21/00 - Columbus, 09/05/00 - Pittsburgh,
    04/13/03 - Tampa, 04/19/03 - Atlanta, 06/22/03 - Noblesville, 06/24/03 - Columbus,
    07/06/06 - Las Vegas, 07/09/06 & 07/10/06 - Los Angeles, 08/23/09 & 08/24/09 - Chicago,
    10/30/09 & 10/31/09 - Philly, 05/06/10 - Columbus, 05/07/10 - Noblesville, 05/09/10 - Cleveland,
    09/03/11 & 09/04/11 - PJ20, 09/30/12 - Missoula, 07/19/13 - Wrigley, 10/11/13 - Pittsburgh,
    10/12/13 - Buffalo, 10/29/13 - Charlottesville, 10/30/13 - Charlotte - 10/1/14 - Cincinnati - 10/3/14 - St. Louis - 10/14/2014 - Memphis - 10/16/2014 - Detroit, 04/26/16 - Lexington, 05/08/16 - Ottawa, 05/10/16 & 05/12/16 - Toronto
  • teskeincteskeinc Posts: 744
    it was pure unadulturated horseshit, the fight wasnt even close. Pacquiao got screwed with sandy vaseline.
    1994 : Memphis 1995 : New Orleans 1996 : Seattle
    1998 : St Louis, Birmingham, Knoxville
    2000 : Memphis, Nashville, St Louis
    2003 : Irvine 1+2, Vegas, Bridge School 1+2, Santa Barbara
    2005 : Missoula, Vancouver, Gorge 2006 : LA 1+2, Vegas
    2008 : W Palm Beach, Tampa, Who Rock Honors, EV LA 2
    2009 : LA 1, LA 4, EV 1 Nashville 2011 : EV Long Beach
    2012: EV Vegas 1+2
    2013 LA 1+2
  • HeisenbergHeisenberg Los Pollos HermanosPosts: 4,955
    This is why we need live/public scoring in boxing. If they were posting the judges cards after each round last night, bullshit like this never would have happened.

    So in the last couple of months we've had Cotto give Floyd the fight of his life, yet still lose in a landslide on the cards (I still had Floyd winning, but it was much closer than those bullshit scorecards).

    After a controversial decision in the first fight, the fairly highly anticipated rematch of Amir Khan and Lamont Peterson is called off because Peterson tested positive for PEDs (further tainting his first win)

    Pacquaio wins huge on every card on the planet except 3 and loses in maybe the most corrupt decision in boxing history,

    AND

    on top of everything else, Paul Williams ends up paralyzed after a motorcycle wreck and Floyd is in jail.

    Congrats boxing, you are officially dead.
    03/22/94 - Cleveland, 07/08/95 - Milwaukee, 09/22/96 - Toledo, 08/07/98 - Noblesville,
    08/26/98 - Cleveland, 08/18/00 - Noblesville, 08/21/00 - Columbus, 09/05/00 - Pittsburgh,
    04/13/03 - Tampa, 04/19/03 - Atlanta, 06/22/03 - Noblesville, 06/24/03 - Columbus,
    07/06/06 - Las Vegas, 07/09/06 & 07/10/06 - Los Angeles, 08/23/09 & 08/24/09 - Chicago,
    10/30/09 & 10/31/09 - Philly, 05/06/10 - Columbus, 05/07/10 - Noblesville, 05/09/10 - Cleveland,
    09/03/11 & 09/04/11 - PJ20, 09/30/12 - Missoula, 07/19/13 - Wrigley, 10/11/13 - Pittsburgh,
    10/12/13 - Buffalo, 10/29/13 - Charlottesville, 10/30/13 - Charlotte - 10/1/14 - Cincinnati - 10/3/14 - St. Louis - 10/14/2014 - Memphis - 10/16/2014 - Detroit, 04/26/16 - Lexington, 05/08/16 - Ottawa, 05/10/16 & 05/12/16 - Toronto
  • normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool.Posts: 31,106
    "This is a death knell for boxing, and I'm going to make a ton of money on the rematch." - Bob Arum
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 24,196
    HA. Boxing needs a good controversy every few years. Fight wasn't close. Oh well. I find it amusing.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 24,196
    Heisenberg wrote:
    This is why we need live/public scoring in boxing. If they were posting the judges cards after each round last night, bullshit like this never would have happened.

    So in the last couple of months we've had Cotto give Floyd the fight of his life, yet still lose in a landslide on the cards (I still had Floyd winning, but it was much closer than those bullshit scorecards).

    After a controversial decision in the first fight, the fairly highly anticipated rematch of Amir Khan and Lamont Peterson is called off because Peterson tested positive for PEDs (further tainting his first win)

    Pacquaio wins huge on every card on the planet except 3 and loses in maybe the most corrupt decision in boxing history,

    AND

    on top of everything else, Paul Williams ends up paralyzed after a motorcycle wreck and Floyd is in jail.

    Congrats boxing, you are officially dead.

    Cotto gave Floyd the toughest fight I can remember, but he didn't come close to winning that.

    Live scoring would be interesting. I don't know how you could do that without the fighters knowing the score though, you DEFINITELY can't have that. It's a fight, not a baseball game.
  • 8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not.Posts: 58,276
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Live scoring would be interesting. I don't know how you could do that without the fighters knowing the score though, you DEFINITELY can't have that. It's a fight, not a baseball game.


    why wouldn't you want the fighters to know the score? seems like if you lost round one on the big board, you would be more inclined to come out throwing in the next round. or if you are down 7-3 going into the 11th, you start swinging for the fences. that said, pretty sure fighters have an idea if they are winning or not.
    81 is now off the air

    Off_Air.jpg
  • Indifference71Indifference71 ChicagoPosts: 11,987
    And people wonder why no one in this country gives a shit about boxing....
    6/18/03, 5/17/06, 6/30/06, 8/5/07, 6/22/08, 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 5/7/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 7/19/13, 11/21/13, 11/23/13, 11/24/13, 10/17/14, 10/20/14, 4/18/16, 4/20/16, 5/2/16, 5/3/16, 8/20/16, 8/22/16
  • 8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not.Posts: 58,276
    And people wonder why no one in this country gives a shit about boxing....

    we need anouther mike tyson....
    81 is now off the air

    Off_Air.jpg
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 24,196
    81 wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Live scoring would be interesting. I don't know how you could do that without the fighters knowing the score though, you DEFINITELY can't have that. It's a fight, not a baseball game.


    why wouldn't you want the fighters to know the score? seems like if you lost round one on the big board, you would be more inclined to come out throwing in the next round. or if you are down 7-3 going into the 11th, you start swinging for the fences. that said, pretty sure fighters have an idea if they are winning or not.

    It would definitely change the dynamic of the fight and could add excitement, but a fight is a fight and just like any other fight professional or otherwise, you don't know if you won or lost until the fight is over, at least officially. They definitely have an idea, but I think it would take a lot away from the sport if they could just look up and know where they stand. I just don't think that is how a fight is supposed to work.
  • Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 24,196
    And people wonder why no one in this country gives a shit about boxing....

    Someone cares. Manny made about $26 million Saturday night and Bradley made $5 million. I can't even imagine what a Manny-Floyd fight would net them.
  • bindy123bindy123 Posts: 210
    Just want to give my humble opinion on the Bradley/Pacquiao fight

    Am not even close to being an expert, but have been involved in the sport, mostly at the amateur level, as a trainer and judge for a while...

    Have seen a lot of bad decisions and a few disgraceful ones...but I dont rate this as one of them. I honestly thought Manny won but by a very narrow margin, in my view it could have gone either way

    One thing I do when I watch and try to judge a fight is turn off the volume...the commentry can often be extremely biased and this makes it really hard to be completely objective...I thought Bradley did an awesome job of making Manny miss, and in a lot of the exchanges he was unable to land clean punches...honestly not looking to start any arguments, just my opinion!

    Oh and if you think this was the worst decision in boxing history...take a look at Roy Jones Junior fighting for a gold medal at the 1988 Seoul Olympic Games...(now thats an argument I doubt I would lose!!!)

    PS...cool thread, havent seen it before...I dont like to brag (OK I DO!)...my son is a champion kid, and a champion boxer...has won a few amateur titles in the last few years
    "God created surfing and Pearl Jam so that the truely gifted, talented and most intelligent people wouldnt rule the world"...adapted from my bumper sticker
  • PJFAN13PJFAN13 Posts: 1,416
    bindy123 wrote:
    Have seen a lot of bad decisions and a few disgraceful ones...but I dont rate this as one of them. I honestly thought Manny won but by a very narrow margin, in my view it could have gone either way...
    Oh and if you think this was the worst decision in boxing history...take a look at Roy Jones Junior fighting for a gold medal at the 1988 Seoul Olympic Games...(now thats an argument I doubt I would lose!!!)

    1) This was a disgrace, anyway you slice it. EVERY one watching in the arena, EVERY one watching at home, even Bradley and his corner and his family knew he had lost this fight...did he box well? did he go the distance? yep, you bet...he did NOT beat Manny. The fact a 4-1 underdog had HUGE gate on Saturday w/ late bets tells you EVERYTHING you need to know about the corruption of this game. Manny is done - this is a death blow for boxing - what little pulse it had left is now gone for sure. MMA is the new champ...
    2) I believe Jones Jr ended up w/ the Barker trophy and it is WELL documented how crooked those SI HUN judges were...bribed every which way by South Korean officials. Boxing certainly didn't die after that fight, we still had Tyson.

    Its a shame...once a great sport, its a shell of what it used to be and they wear their fraud like a badge. I'm done with it for good.

    Good luck to your kid Bindy, I feel bad for any heartache you guys experience once you get out of the amateur ranks for its sure to happen.

    R.I.P. Boxing (688BC -- 1990)
    11.30.93~10.2.96~9.13.98~9.1.00~8.25.00~7.3.03~7.5.03
    7.9.03~9.28.04~10.1.05~5.12.06~5.13.06~5.27.06~5.28.06
    8.5.08(EV)~10.9.09~5.21.10~6.20.11(EV)~7.5.11(EV)~7.9.11(EV)
    11.21.13~8.27.16(EV)~11.14.16(TOTD)
  • HeisenbergHeisenberg Los Pollos HermanosPosts: 4,955
    bindy123 wrote:
    Just want to give my humble opinion on the Bradley/Pacquiao fight

    Am not even close to being an expert, but have been involved in the sport, mostly at the amateur level, as a trainer and judge for a while...

    Have seen a lot of bad decisions and a few disgraceful ones...but I dont rate this as one of them. I honestly thought Manny won but by a very narrow margin, in my view it could have gone either way

    One thing I do when I watch and try to judge a fight is turn off the volume...the commentry can often be extremely biased and this makes it really hard to be completely objective...I thought Bradley did an awesome job of making Manny miss, and in a lot of the exchanges he was unable to land clean punches...honestly not looking to start any arguments, just my opinion!

    Oh and if you think this was the worst decision in boxing history...take a look at Roy Jones Junior fighting for a gold medal at the 1988 Seoul Olympic Games...(now thats an argument I doubt I would lose!!!)

    PS...cool thread, havent seen it before...I dont like to brag (OK I DO!)...my son is a champion kid, and a champion boxer...has won a few amateur titles in the last few years

    Very cool about your boy. :thumbup:

    I haven't seen the fight yet but you are the first person I've heard with the opinion that it was even close. EVERYone else has told me it was a complete farce. I'm not saying you are wrong at all, just interesting to hear from someone who actually has a different opinion. and I can't wait to judge for myself when HBO runs the replay this weekend. I sometimes kill the sound too and try to look at it from the standpoint of not necessarily who was most active or even landed the most punches, but "which boxer would I rather have been at the end of that round?"
    03/22/94 - Cleveland, 07/08/95 - Milwaukee, 09/22/96 - Toledo, 08/07/98 - Noblesville,
    08/26/98 - Cleveland, 08/18/00 - Noblesville, 08/21/00 - Columbus, 09/05/00 - Pittsburgh,
    04/13/03 - Tampa, 04/19/03 - Atlanta, 06/22/03 - Noblesville, 06/24/03 - Columbus,
    07/06/06 - Las Vegas, 07/09/06 & 07/10/06 - Los Angeles, 08/23/09 & 08/24/09 - Chicago,
    10/30/09 & 10/31/09 - Philly, 05/06/10 - Columbus, 05/07/10 - Noblesville, 05/09/10 - Cleveland,
    09/03/11 & 09/04/11 - PJ20, 09/30/12 - Missoula, 07/19/13 - Wrigley, 10/11/13 - Pittsburgh,
    10/12/13 - Buffalo, 10/29/13 - Charlottesville, 10/30/13 - Charlotte - 10/1/14 - Cincinnati - 10/3/14 - St. Louis - 10/14/2014 - Memphis - 10/16/2014 - Detroit, 04/26/16 - Lexington, 05/08/16 - Ottawa, 05/10/16 & 05/12/16 - Toronto
  • bindy123bindy123 Posts: 210
    Heisenberg wrote:
    bindy123 wrote:
    Just want to give my humble opinion on the Bradley/Pacquiao fight

    Am not even close to being an expert, but have been involved in the sport, mostly at the amateur level, as a trainer and judge for a while...

    Have seen a lot of bad decisions and a few disgraceful ones...but I dont rate this as one of them. I honestly thought Manny won but by a very narrow margin, in my view it could have gone either way

    One thing I do when I watch and try to judge a fight is turn off the volume...the commentry can often be extremely biased and this makes it really hard to be completely objective...I thought Bradley did an awesome job of making Manny miss, and in a lot of the exchanges he was unable to land clean punches...honestly not looking to start any arguments, just my opinion!

    Oh and if you think this was the worst decision in boxing history...take a look at Roy Jones Junior fighting for a gold medal at the 1988 Seoul Olympic Games...(now thats an argument I doubt I would lose!!!)

    PS...cool thread, havent seen it before...I dont like to brag (OK I DO!)...my son is a champion kid, and a champion boxer...has won a few amateur titles in the last few years

    Very cool about your boy. :thumbup:

    I haven't seen the fight yet but you are the first person I've heard with the opinion that it was even close. EVERYone else has told me it was a complete farce. I'm not saying you are wrong at all, just interesting to hear from someone who actually has a different opinion. and I can't wait to judge for myself when HBO runs the replay this weekend. I sometimes kill the sound too and try to look at it from the standpoint of not necessarily who was most active or even landed the most punches, but "which boxer would I rather have been at the end of that round?"

    Thanks for the comments...here is the first round of a fight he won a few years ago...its the only one on youtube I know of...hopefully you can see he is a real boxer, not a brawler. He isnt looking to make a career out of it, funnily enough he got into it because he was getting too hurt playing rugby league. Its funny that I have raised four boys...they have surfed, played rugby league, soccer, gymnastics, skateboarding and mountain biked...boxing is the only one that hasnt caused a significant injury! My son, DJ, is in the red shorts

    http://youtu.be/OvXjoUn9NPo

    A good debate about whether this will be the death of boxing...it has survived much much much worse controversies than this...BUT the big difference now, I think, is the huge competition from the MMA. I think both will be around for my lifetime, and I think the health of a sport at grass roots level is a way better indicator of how a sport is travelling than what happens at the elite level...but boxing is on the decline, no disputing that.

    Another debate I like to be involved in is gambling in sport...I think as soon as gambling is involved it opens itself up in a huge way to corruption...have no ideas on how to solve this...

    Thanks again

    ps pjfan13, thanks for your comments too...and unfortunately we have already had the heartache of some horrible decisions, they are not at all unique to the pro ranks...in fairness though it is such a hard sport to judge
    "God created surfing and Pearl Jam so that the truely gifted, talented and most intelligent people wouldnt rule the world"...adapted from my bumper sticker
  • HeisenbergHeisenberg Los Pollos HermanosPosts: 4,955
    bindy123 wrote:

    Thanks for the comments...here is the first round of a fight he won a few years ago...its the only one on youtube I know of...hopefully you can see he is a real boxer, not a brawler. He isnt looking to make a career out of it, funnily enough he got into it because he was getting too hurt playing rugby league. Its funny that I have raised four boys...they have surfed, played rugby league, soccer, gymnastics, skateboarding and mountain biked...boxing is the only one that hasnt caused a significant injury! My son, DJ, is in the red shorts

    http://youtu.be/OvXjoUn9NPo

    The kid has good head movement. Keep him away from Don King and Bob Arum ;)
    03/22/94 - Cleveland, 07/08/95 - Milwaukee, 09/22/96 - Toledo, 08/07/98 - Noblesville,
    08/26/98 - Cleveland, 08/18/00 - Noblesville, 08/21/00 - Columbus, 09/05/00 - Pittsburgh,
    04/13/03 - Tampa, 04/19/03 - Atlanta, 06/22/03 - Noblesville, 06/24/03 - Columbus,
    07/06/06 - Las Vegas, 07/09/06 & 07/10/06 - Los Angeles, 08/23/09 & 08/24/09 - Chicago,
    10/30/09 & 10/31/09 - Philly, 05/06/10 - Columbus, 05/07/10 - Noblesville, 05/09/10 - Cleveland,
    09/03/11 & 09/04/11 - PJ20, 09/30/12 - Missoula, 07/19/13 - Wrigley, 10/11/13 - Pittsburgh,
    10/12/13 - Buffalo, 10/29/13 - Charlottesville, 10/30/13 - Charlotte - 10/1/14 - Cincinnati - 10/3/14 - St. Louis - 10/14/2014 - Memphis - 10/16/2014 - Detroit, 04/26/16 - Lexington, 05/08/16 - Ottawa, 05/10/16 & 05/12/16 - Toronto
  • HeisenbergHeisenberg Los Pollos HermanosPosts: 4,955
    03/22/94 - Cleveland, 07/08/95 - Milwaukee, 09/22/96 - Toledo, 08/07/98 - Noblesville,
    08/26/98 - Cleveland, 08/18/00 - Noblesville, 08/21/00 - Columbus, 09/05/00 - Pittsburgh,
    04/13/03 - Tampa, 04/19/03 - Atlanta, 06/22/03 - Noblesville, 06/24/03 - Columbus,
    07/06/06 - Las Vegas, 07/09/06 & 07/10/06 - Los Angeles, 08/23/09 & 08/24/09 - Chicago,
    10/30/09 & 10/31/09 - Philly, 05/06/10 - Columbus, 05/07/10 - Noblesville, 05/09/10 - Cleveland,
    09/03/11 & 09/04/11 - PJ20, 09/30/12 - Missoula, 07/19/13 - Wrigley, 10/11/13 - Pittsburgh,
    10/12/13 - Buffalo, 10/29/13 - Charlottesville, 10/30/13 - Charlotte - 10/1/14 - Cincinnati - 10/3/14 - St. Louis - 10/14/2014 - Memphis - 10/16/2014 - Detroit, 04/26/16 - Lexington, 05/08/16 - Ottawa, 05/10/16 & 05/12/16 - Toronto
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 16,602
    Interesting conspiracy theory on the scorecards that I heard the other day.

    Bob Arum owns Top Rank Boxing which has Manny under contract until the end of the year.

    It is more profitable to Arum if Paquio fights other boxers that are under contract with Top Rank. He makes more money then he would if Manny fought Mayweather because he doesn't have to split the profits with another promoter. The problem is that Manny has beaten most of the other Top Rank boxers except Bradley.

    Arum has this recent fight and a November fight before Manny most likely bails and becomes his own promoter, similar to Mayweather. So he buys the judges so Manny loses which sets up a rematch that will bring in more money, especially since Manny lost the first fight.

    The problem is, Manny clearly won and everyone knows it.
  • 8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not.Posts: 58,276
    gonna get ugly
    ..LAS VEGAS (AP) The WBO says it will review the title fight between Manny Pacquiao and Timothy Bradley, which ended with Bradley's controversial split decision win over the Filipino champion.

    WBO President Francisco ''Paco'' Valcarcel said in a statement Wednesday that the WBO's championship committee will review video of the match with five ''recognized international judges'' and will make a recommendation.

    He says in the statement that the WBO does not doubt the ability of the scoring judges.

    Bradley won 115-113 on two scorecards, while losing by the same margin on the third. The decision was roundly booed Saturday night by the crowd at the MGM Grand arena.

    Top Rank CEO Bob Arum has said that he has submitted a formal request for an inquiry to the Nevada attorney general's office.

    ..
    81 is now off the air

    Off_Air.jpg
  • HeisenbergHeisenberg Los Pollos HermanosPosts: 4,955
    I'm only 8 rounds into the replay of this fiasco and already it's a joke. Bradley did next to nothing in this fight. He landed less punches and the ones he did land had nothing on them.
    03/22/94 - Cleveland, 07/08/95 - Milwaukee, 09/22/96 - Toledo, 08/07/98 - Noblesville,
    08/26/98 - Cleveland, 08/18/00 - Noblesville, 08/21/00 - Columbus, 09/05/00 - Pittsburgh,
    04/13/03 - Tampa, 04/19/03 - Atlanta, 06/22/03 - Noblesville, 06/24/03 - Columbus,
    07/06/06 - Las Vegas, 07/09/06 & 07/10/06 - Los Angeles, 08/23/09 & 08/24/09 - Chicago,
    10/30/09 & 10/31/09 - Philly, 05/06/10 - Columbus, 05/07/10 - Noblesville, 05/09/10 - Cleveland,
    09/03/11 & 09/04/11 - PJ20, 09/30/12 - Missoula, 07/19/13 - Wrigley, 10/11/13 - Pittsburgh,
    10/12/13 - Buffalo, 10/29/13 - Charlottesville, 10/30/13 - Charlotte - 10/1/14 - Cincinnati - 10/3/14 - St. Louis - 10/14/2014 - Memphis - 10/16/2014 - Detroit, 04/26/16 - Lexington, 05/08/16 - Ottawa, 05/10/16 & 05/12/16 - Toronto
  • HeisenbergHeisenberg Los Pollos HermanosPosts: 4,955
    The Filipino Flash fights tonight...anyone watching?
    03/22/94 - Cleveland, 07/08/95 - Milwaukee, 09/22/96 - Toledo, 08/07/98 - Noblesville,
    08/26/98 - Cleveland, 08/18/00 - Noblesville, 08/21/00 - Columbus, 09/05/00 - Pittsburgh,
    04/13/03 - Tampa, 04/19/03 - Atlanta, 06/22/03 - Noblesville, 06/24/03 - Columbus,
    07/06/06 - Las Vegas, 07/09/06 & 07/10/06 - Los Angeles, 08/23/09 & 08/24/09 - Chicago,
    10/30/09 & 10/31/09 - Philly, 05/06/10 - Columbus, 05/07/10 - Noblesville, 05/09/10 - Cleveland,
    09/03/11 & 09/04/11 - PJ20, 09/30/12 - Missoula, 07/19/13 - Wrigley, 10/11/13 - Pittsburgh,
    10/12/13 - Buffalo, 10/29/13 - Charlottesville, 10/30/13 - Charlotte - 10/1/14 - Cincinnati - 10/3/14 - St. Louis - 10/14/2014 - Memphis - 10/16/2014 - Detroit, 04/26/16 - Lexington, 05/08/16 - Ottawa, 05/10/16 & 05/12/16 - Toronto
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 16,602
    Now that Floyd Mayweather has been released from prison, he can get back to beating the living shit out of people.
Sign In or Register to comment.