Options

Cover Songs, your Favorite

It seems that everytime I hear PJ do a new cover I always think to myself that they play it better then the original artist. Right now I can stop playing the cover of Mother from the Jimmy Fallon show, the show was months ago but I can't stop playing it. With that said what is your favorite cover song that PJ has played?
Nature has it's own religion, gospel from the land.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    cydoniacydonia Denbighshire, North Wales , UK Posts: 456
    Difficult one, I'd say rockin in the free world , but also sonic reducer by the dead boys was cool and the who's real me. But being in various bands we would also cover free world so it was good to see it done properly ! Ending a magical night under a full moon at Milton Keynes:)
  • Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,734
    Absolute favorite is ' I Won't Back Down' when this comes on the repeat button gets hit multiple times. Followed closely by Fuckin' Up and Baba.
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    TJ25487TJ25487 Posts: 1,455
    I bet all of you change your mind if you watch the youtube performance of Love Reign Over Me from the VH1 Honors concert a while back. Mind blowing!
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,493
    Crazy mary i think its on a next level..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    I'd like them to dust off Driven to Tears
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,628
    edited September 2014
    TJ25487 said:

I bet all of you change your mind if you watch the youtube performance of Love Reign Over Me from the VH1 Honors concert a while back. Mind blowing!

I watch this all the time! However I think the cover of Real Me that night was even better than Love. They killed it.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jnQ3XVXMyk
    Post edited by mrussel1 on
  • Options
    njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
    I love their Mother cover also.
    23scidoo said:

Crazy mary i think its on a next level..

If I were to pick an absolute favorite, I would have to agree with this; although I don't think of it as a cover even though it obviously is.

As far as the ones they do infrequently; my favorites right now are:
    Throw Your Arms Around Me
    I'm One
    Masters of War

and sure to put a smile on my face - Out of My Mind.

• Options
    AnnafalkAnnafalk Sweden Posts: 4,004
    Hey you got to hide your love away...
  • Options
    r00thless91r00thless91 Santa Ana, CA Posts: 43
    love reign over me. absolute favorite of mine :) i was jumping up and down right as i heard the intro last year when they played in LA
  • Options
    Thanks for this hint:) I've just listened to Love reign over me and ... I'm speechless....phenomenal performance
  • Options
    Reign o'er me is better than the original. Has to be their best cover.
    Had my eyes peeled, both wide open...