Red Hot Chili Peppers

Comments

• Options
    Bronx BombersBronx Bombers Posts: 2,208
    What time have they been going on?
  • Options
    uninnocent-uninnocent- Posts: 5,959
    MayDay10 wrote:
    I saw them Saturday night in the Air Canada Centre. First show. Outstanding. They dont go through the motions at all. I didnt stop moving the entire show, and that is rare, even at PJ.

I went into that show with tempered expectations and ended up being pleasantly surprised. I didn't think they'd be as good live as they were.
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    MayDay10 wrote:
    I saw them Saturday night in the Air Canada Centre. First show. Outstanding. They dont go through the motions at all. I didnt stop moving the entire show, and that is rare, even at PJ.

I went into that show with tempered expectations and ended up being pleasantly surprised. I didn't think they'd be as good live as they were.

Thats how I was. "tempered expectations" is perfect
  • Options
    keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    I caught them last night, and thought they were freaking amazing. Much better than I thought they were going to be, the jams were so tight and Josh was fantastic. To be honest I did not miss John Frusciante one bit, and he's one of my favourite guitarists.

I'm so happy to see this! I'm catching them on the 11th and I was a little worried after watching a show from 2011 where I felt there was no energy. I'm excited to see them, and this is really reassuring to me!
    They were AMAZING. Totally brought it, I don't know if they were just 'On' that night, but I haven't seen a band that 'on' in a long time.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • Options
    AELARAAELARA Posts: 803
    Looking forward for September 4th! :D
    I am mine!
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    The Toronto shows are already up on their site.
  • Options
    Dead Man WalkingDead Man Walking Toronto-ish Posts: 2,761
    MayDay10 wrote:
    Yeah, I just downloaded the second night as I went to that one (pre-ordered it when i got home that night)...sounds great. not as good as PJ boots, but pretty great. There is barely any mix of the crowd in it. The place was crazy at certain parts of the show and you can barely hear it on the FLAC's. Still worth it though.
  • Options
    MayDay10 wrote:
    Yeah, I just downloaded the second night as I went to that one (pre-ordered it when i got home that night)...sounds great. not as good as PJ boots, but pretty great. There is barely any mix of the crowd in it. The place was crazy at certain parts of the show and you can barely hear it on the FLAC's. Still worth it though.
    I'll have to pick up the boot in the near future. This was the first Chili Peppers show I successfully saw.
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    What time have they been going on?
    I'd like to know too! :D
  • Options
    Sleigh Bells: 8:00
    RHCP: 9:15

...in Toronto at least.
  • Options

...in Toronto at least.

Thanks
  • Options
    EmBleveEmBleve Posts: 3,019
    smarchee wrote:
    Anyone read Anthony's book "Scar Tissue"? Just wondering how it is, worth picking up?

definitely, absolutely, without question
    :!:
  • Options

...in Toronto at least.

Thanks
    Yes, thank you! :D
  • Options
    deserteddotsedeserteddotse Posts: 1,276
    DewieCox wrote:

Frusciante is a genius with the vocal harmonies on this one. Lotta cool guitar sounds and keys.

Word... John is THE genius! I actually wish he could re-record some of the stuff he made with RHCP and do more stripped down versions with him handling the vocals... :):)
    Give a monkey a brain and he'll swear he's the center of the Universe...
  • Options
    dr0ptheleashdr0ptheleash Posts: 1,264
    EmBleve wrote:
    smarchee wrote:
    Anyone read Anthony's book "Scar Tissue"? Just wondering how it is, worth picking up?

definitely, absolutely, without question
    :!:

I agree with this. Got it for my birthday years back when it came out. I still re-read it from time to time, and lend it out to everyone I know (and trust)! Definitely worth the read.
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,123
    Hope there is a Newark drop for Saturdays show

** fingers crossed**
  • Options
    halvhalv Posts: 678
    This thread had me break out some old school Chili albums like Mothers Milk and Uplift Mofo Party Plan. So good! Had me jumping around the house. Checked out Funky Monks online as well. Brilliance. Thanks for the link.

I like but don't love the albums since Californication so I was a bit disappointed the only time I saw them in concert as they played so few older tunes. Still not sure if I'll check them out in Vancouver this November.
  • Options
    keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    CROJAM95 wrote:

** fingers crossed**
    My brother got in 2nd row on the drop.. Happened about 10:30 day of the show.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • Options
    samjamsamjam New York Posts: 9,283
    Stupid finals preventing me from seeing the DC show :evil: Bothering me more and more that I can't make it as I hear all these positive reviews coming in!
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • Options
    CROJAM95 wrote:

** fingers crossed**
    My brother got in 2nd row on the drop.. Happened about 10:30 day of the show.

That's awesome, one can only hope.

Good shit!
  • Options
    Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    CROJAM95 wrote:

** fingers crossed**
    See you there!!

The whole family is going... This should be intersting :lol:
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    Just hit me. I'm going to the Newark show tonight...

:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
  • Options
    TheSpectrumTheSpectrum Posts: 119
    +1 on scar tissue, great book. Some of it requires you to suspend your disbelief but it's still great.

Does anyone know what time the boys go on stage for this show? the only time i like hearing sleigh bells is christmas morning.

By the way, Lower level tickets are dropping now on comcasttix for philly. :corn:
    we were but stones, your light made us stars
  • Options
    CROJAM95 wrote:

** fingers crossed**
    See you there!!

The whole family is going... This should be intersting :lol:

No way, that's great man. I'm trying to get someone to come with me, everyone has parties this time of year

Might fly solo.... It will be a game time decision

I'll be down at Deluna( probably Atlanta) for sure. Im sure you'll be there ;)
  • Options
    Just scored front row on TM for tonight got 4th row tomm
  • Options
    WashMyLoveWashMyLove Posts: 804
    I can't wait for Saturday night's show and see and hear I'M WITH YOU live :D
  • Options
    Hey everyone going to Newark tomorrow...

1) Show started around 9:30, but probably get there by 9/9:15 at the latest to be safe.

2) Looks like there's merch up on the RHCP site if you want to check out what will be at the show. I think pretty much everything on the site was being sold. Only thing not on the site is the Newark-specific "I'm With You" shirt, but instead of a red logo this one was yellow. Did not see a nice poster, only the split photo one that's also up on the site for $10

3) Before you enter the venue there was like an area where people were selling/consuming alcohol. It looked like it was part of the venue, I don't remember the set-up being there before. Kinda like tail-gating city style?

4) PATH trains back to Manhattan after the show were a CLUSTERFUCK. Be prepared, not sure what else you can do other than to be calm and avoid the drunk kiddies.

The show itself was pretty amazing. High energy, and I thought everyone was ON and they had great chemistry. One of the highlights for me was Under The Bridge, I had no idea I knew every word to that song, and it used to be high on my list of favourites.

I know there's talk about John Frusciante and how it's not the same without him. Not having seen RHCP with him before, I have to say Josh was fucking amazing. I mean, they were all fucking amazing. If they can be that fit and energetic at their age, I really have no excuse!

The crowd on the other hand was just weird. Lots of young kids drunk/high out of their minds tripping over themselves and everyone else, and it was not a good concert vibe for me. I don't know if this is the typical crowd but if anything's going to stop me from being a bigger fan, it would probably be that. Maybe it was just a weird night. Thankfully, people immediately around me were pretty cool, but I definitely thought I was going to end up in a fight on the way out of the venue.

They mentioned Adam Yauch a few times throughout the show, and blasted Fight For Your Right after the show as we were filtering out. As they were setting up, they also had all Beastie Boys songs over the speakers which was a nice nod to Adam.

All in all, fun night! Can't wait to get the live download of the show!
  • Options
    665f1308.jpg
  • Options
    Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    Nice... Hopefully will not be sitting next to drunk teenagers :lol:

Did not realize Sleigh Bells opening ... Psyched for that!!
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    The 5/4 Newark show is up for download already. I got the ALAC format. Can't pretend to understand why it's better than MP3, but it sure does sound amazing and it was only $3 more. Under The Bridge is on now... goosebumps! What an awesome show! I love having the boot to remember it by. :mrgreen::mrgreen: