Charlie Manson still alive....wow

Comments

• unsung said:
    I find it reprehensible that you all cheer on his demise.

It's not like he manufactured wars that led to the deaths of millions of people like that Senator from Arizona.

Charles Manson is in rookie league by comparison.

But I guess perception outweighs truth.
    Lol

So you're a Charlie Manson fan? Not surprised. You both believe in conspiracies and crazy speculation.

You think the government is plotting against you. Charlie thought there was going to be a race war. 
    Some posters on this forum believe that as well. Some even fear elimination of the white race.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    edited November 2017
    unsung said:

It's not like he manufactured wars that led to the deaths of millions of people like that Senator from Arizona.

Lol

So you're a Charlie Manson fan? Not surprised. You both believe in conspiracies and crazy speculation.

You think the government is plotting against you. Charlie thought there was going to be a race war. 
    I don't get that he's a fan, but he does have somewhat of a point. Manson was a sadistic man who had a lot of evil, but if we want to strictly compare who was responsible or played a part in more deaths, well, then look no further to a certain former president and all those who propagated a war based on WMD's.

Lots of people to say good riddance to in this world.

To be fair, I don't see anyone celebrating his death in this thread unlike someone did with said senator from AZ.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Fuck Chuck.
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    hedonist said:
    Fuck Chuck.
    Yep.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    unsung said:

Idiotic post.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
    unsung said:

Sometimes you shoulld fight the urge to post a comment. 
    HAHAHA!
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • tbergs said:
    unsung said:

Lol

I don't get that he's a fan, but he does have somewhat of a point. Manson was a sadistic man who had a lot of evil, but if we want to strictly compare who was responsible or played a part in more deaths, well, then look no further to a certain former president and all those who propagated a war based on WMD's.

To be fair, I don't see anyone celebrating his death in this thread unlike someone did with said senator from AZ.
    I'm mostly playing with him. He's actually got a very good point.

I'm glad Chuck is gone. He's a psychopathic imbecile.

With that said... Charlie never actually killed people. His cult followers did. It makes the case just that much more bizarre. Why his hippie moron followers never said, "Whoa. You want us to... what?" is beyond me.

How deranged do you have to be to buy his dumb story and execute his plan the way he detailed it? Atkins et al should have been executed. Just sickening.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
    He died doing what he loved.
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    tbergs said:
    unsung said:

Lol

With that said... Charlie never actually killed people. His cult followers did. It makes the case just that much more bizarre. Why his hippie moron followers never said, "Whoa. You want us to... what?" is beyond me.

How deranged do you have to be to buy his dumb story and execute his plan the way he detailed it? Atkins et al should have been executed. Just sickening.
    Most of the politicians being railed against never killed anyone personally either, so that argument cuts both ways. 

my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Thirty Bills UnpaidThirty Bills Unpaid Posts: 16,881
    edited November 2017
    tbergs said:
    unsung said:

Lol

Most of the politicians being railed against never killed anyone personally either, so that argument cuts both ways. 

I hear ya. I think I tried to say this (obviously clumsily).
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    tbergs said:
    unsung said:

Lol

I hear ya. I think I tried to say this (obviously clumsily).
    I hate to minimize either. It's like comparing white collar crime to the local drug dealer's crimes. Which one is worse or deserves a more severe punishment? To me, it's the white collar crime hands down.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,429
    tbergs said:
    unsung said:

Lol

He claimed to have put 5 people in the ground. And I quote "I am a very dangerous man"

Glad he is gone? not so much as not sad he passed.finally.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • mickeyrat said:
    tbergs said:
    unsung said:

Lol

He claimed to have put 5 people in the ground. And I quote "I am a very dangerous man"

Glad he is gone? not so much as not sad he passed.finally.
    He claimed a lot of things. 

I hated hearing of him as he lived as a pseudo star behind bars. I'm glad he's gone. 
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    Manson was an evil man. No need to quantify who is more evil than who. Fuck him, glad he’s dead.

Signed,
    A “reprehensible” (we gonna make that a noun, now, too?)
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,588
    tbergs said:
    unsung said:

Lol

And interestingly, a lot of the country was excited to invade Iraq. 

• unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    tbergs said:
    unsung said:

Lol

Don’t backpedal.  Initial reaction was based off of emotion, but after thinking about it the truth is easier to accept.

A murderer is a murderer, just because one wears a suit doesn’t mean that they aren’t the same.  Insanity shows itself in many forms.
    unsung said:
    tbergs said:
    unsung said:

Lol

Don’t backpedal.  Initial reaction was based off of emotion, but after thinking about it the truth is easier to accept.

A murderer is a murderer, just because one wears a suit doesn’t mean that they aren’t the same.  Insanity shows itself in many forms.
    How are you defining insanity in this post?
  • unsung said:
    tbergs said:
    unsung said:

Lol

You can say that again. Repeatedly.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Brilliantati©
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    A Charles Manson snowflake? lol

Don't worry, I'll celebrate when Dick Cheney, Rummy, and the other American war criminals get buried

But how about the soldier that kills following orders? How about the operative performing torture under orders? How about the guy controllig the drone from a control room when it kills innocent civilians?
  • my2hands said:

Don't worry, I'll celebrate when Dick Cheney, Rummy, and the other American war criminals get buried

But how about the soldier that kills following orders? How about the operative performing torture under orders? How about the guy controllig the drone from a control room when it kills innocent civilians?
    How about the guy acting on his fear of elimination of the white race?

Brilliantati©
    my2hands said:

It’s that fascinating realm of conformity vs individualtiy, respect authority or question it, leading into the massive grey area of responsibility and motivation. Ultimately deciding on when violence is okay, and when it isn’t.  
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,474
    I don't understand what in the hell other bad people have to do with anything. That issue has no effect whatsoever on how I feel about Charles Manson or the fact that he's finally kicked the bucket.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • unsung said:
    tbergs said:
    unsung said:

Lol

Lol

I am not backpedalling. You and Chuck both have some bizarre theories that are not aligned with reality.

In the post you have quoted, I acknowledged there are politicians with blood on their hands.
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,596
    my2hands said:

Excellent questions.  I can't comment on one soldier killing another because I'm against war but it happens.  I'm reading Escape from the Land of Snows by Stephan Talty, a book about the Dalai Lama's escape from Tibet in the 50's, and well into that book the he talks about how the Dalai Lama is pro peace/anti war but at the same time understands the rebel uprising which had led to warring with China.  So horrible as one soldier killing another, it happens.

But as far as torture under orders and killing innocent civilians- that I cut no slack on. 
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

edited November 2017
    A lot of soldiers are really, really brainwashed though. They have been specifically conditioned to not disobey orders. So I'm not sure it's always fair to condemn soldiers for such actions when they have basically been programmed to carry out such deeds. The military is VERY good at finding the right people who are vulnerable to such conditioning. Condemn the people who went out of their way to turn the soldiers into what they became instead (not to say that as a blanket statement... there are some soldiers who are just monsters... they didn't even need to be conditioned to carry out evil acts).
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    Almost everyone has to be brainwashed in order to go kill another person that isn’t presenting an immediate threat. 
  • PJ_Soul said:
    A lot of soldiers are really, really brainwashed though. They have been specifically conditioned to not disobey orders. So I'm not sure it's always fair to condemn soldiers for such actions when they have basically been programmed to carry out such deeds. The military is VERY good at finding the right people who are vulnerable to such conditioning. Condemn the people who went out of their way to turn the soldiers into what they became instead (not to say that as a blanket statement... there are some soldiers who are just monsters... they didn't even need to be conditioned to carry out evil acts).
    It is not so much a predisposition versus simple human nature. The overwhelming majority of people are vulnerable to 'falling in line'.

Read 'Ordinary Men' or look at the Stanford study that reveals human nature is vulnerable to authority.
    edited November 2017
    I'm aware of that study and others on the topic. Yes, a lot of people are sheep at the end of the day, sadly .... But plenty of people are not, so that is something. Since there are many people who aren't like that, I don't think calling it human nature is really accurate. I think it's more social conditioning. If it was human nature, there wouldn't be so many people who do have the predisposition to reject authority when they think it's called for. But the military doesn't like those people, obviously. Those are the people who don't make it in the military.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Thirty Bills UnpaidThirty Bills Unpaid Posts: 16,881
    edited November 2017
    Then you are removing human nature from social conditioning. They are linked for certain.
    Then you are removing human nature from social conditioning. They are linked for certain.
    Well if you want to look at it like that, literally everything we do is linked to human nature, and being resilient to that social conditioning would also be a part of human nature, so people don't all respond to "human nature" in the same way, in that case. So boiling it down to human nature doesn't exactly help us get into the meaningful details of things. Psychologists and sociologists obviously can't just say "it's human nature" and be done with the discussion. Also, to just attribute such things to "human nature" suggests that there is nothing that can be done about it. I do not believe that to be true. Change society and how it conditions people in certain ways, then you change the behaviour of more and more people.