Options

Tell me something good

hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
edited April 2012 in A Moving Train
Antidote (or not?) to the shit here, there, and everywhere.

Topic's wide open; share yours, if you want.

This story's a few months old but has stuck with me since I first read of this little spitfire.

Sweetness!

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/44617504/ ... arns-walk/

(for the life of me, I couldn't figure out how to post his photo. However, once you see him, guaranteed you'll agree that is the face of true happiness)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,718
    Sweet! Yes, animals are an antidote to the shit in the world.

Out store cat missed a few days meals (long story but suffice it to say I was off those days). When I got to work today and found her without food I rushed off to the store, stocked up, came back, opened a can and gave her a BIG meal which she practically inhaled. Afterwards, I crouched down and she literally ran up me like I was a ladder onto my shoulder and shoved her nose in my ear and purred like a little motor boat. Love, love, love!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    im awesome. ;):lol:

.... and i will always give the benefit of the doubt until its proven you dont deserve it. 8-)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    edited March 2012
    this is good for our children

http://elizabethsmartfoundation.org/get ... s-america/

Elizabeth Smart is here bringing awareness and help after Jorelys,
    a 7 year old local girl, was raped and murdered in her apartment complex
    after school just before Christmas.

Out of Elizabeth's tragedy good will come.
    Post edited by pandora on
  • Options
    pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    im awesome. ;):lol:

.... and i will always give the benefit of the doubt until its proven you dont deserve it. 8-)
    and I thought awesome was giving everyone the benefit of the doubt
    even to those who don't deserve it :? and most especially those we don't agree with.
  • Options
    Godfather.Godfather. Posts: 12,504
    and worth every cent ! :lol:
    http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/20 ... p=features

Godfather.
  • Options
    JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    hedonist wrote:

This story's a few months old but has stuck with me since I first read of this little spitfire.

Sweetness!

(for the life of me, I couldn't figure out how to post his photo. However, once you see him, guaranteed you'll agree that is the face of true happiness)

He's smiling!! How great is this story? SO sweet.

Personal story: my in-laws went to Vegas for vacation in January for a few weeks. A few days before flying home, my FIL got very sick with diverticulitis and went to the hospital, had surgery, was sent back to his hotel. Never feeling better and plagued with constant nausea, he was transported back to the hospital and had emergency surgery for another infection. After a week he was sent back to his hotel. He got sick again, helicoptered to a different hospital with a blood clot in his chest and the prognosis looked very bad. Arrangements were being made for family to fly out to be with my MIL. But incredibly things turned around being at a different hospital. After 10 days he was just released and will be flying home tomorrow. Talk about a whirlwind of emotions. We're amazed that he will be coming home and feels better!!
  • Options
    Animals just have this way of putting things in perspective. They're so pure...and simple and mysterious. I've been sick for the last few days, and even feeling like shit, I felt better just hanging out with Beans and George, playing with them and observing their silly ways.

brian, good on you for looking after that cat! More folks like you are needed.

cate, made me 8-) good on you too!

And Elizabeth Smart...I can't imagine emerging from her horror with such grace. Same for Jaycee Dugard. Not comparable to my initial post, but still...something positive coming from tragedy.

Godfaddah, amusing, no doubt! Though I splurge from time to time, I try to be frugal as a rule. Not sure if I had that kind of income I'd spend like her, but...it's hers to do with as she wishes; she's earned it.

Jeanwah, how frightening that must've been for your FIL and family. Ten days! I'm happy for him.
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,122
    ss-110921-hydro-puppy-12.photoblog600.jpg

On days not so good nothing picks one up like the happiness of a puppy.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    Great stories/posts, all. Love to hear more good things!

Here's a little something good- we're getting a lot of much needed rain this week!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,122
    ss-110921-hydro-puppy-02.photoblog600.jpg

:D SMILE away puppy it will make others smile tooo.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    Thank you for posting those, g! Smiling here with tears in my eyes at that big PUPPY SMILE.

brian, yes - we're gonna get it too. Looking forward to staying in this cold, rainy weekend!
  • Options
    Love it. Go, Mr. Gibbs!
  • Options
    peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    Godfather. wrote:

Oh yeahhhh :D
  • Options
    From Six Feet Under.

One of my favorite scenes, even just in words, without the facial, verbal and physical nuances.

This makes me happy in its beauty and in how it just makes sense. Because as fucked up, confusing, hypocritical, wondrous, everything this life is, it really is - CAN - be that simple.

Nate Sr: You hang on to your pain like it means something. Like it's worth something. Well, let me tell you - it's not worth shit. Let it go! Infinite possibilities, and all he can do is whine.

David: Well, what am I supposed to do?

Nate Sr: What do you think? You can do ANYTHING you lucky bastard - you're alive! What's a little pain compared to that?

David: It can't be that simple.

Nate Sr: What if it is?
  • Options

• Options
    ONCE DEVIDEDONCE DEVIDED Posts: 1,131
    With the amount of crap passed arouond here
    I hark back to times when each of us have asked for support and gotten it.
    I look to the love and support I have gotten over the years from you guys n gals
    Perfect strangers with a united passion for this bands music.
    Sure we argue
    But there is also much support as well
    AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE
  • Options
    Raise, train and love an animal and you'll have constant love forever. Same can be said for humanity.

The poison from the poison stream caught up to you ELEVEN years ago and you floated out of here. Sept. 14, 08

• Options
    hedonist wrote:
    From Six Feet Under.

One of my favorite scenes, even just in words, without the facial, verbal and physical nuances.

This makes me happy in its beauty and in how it just makes sense. Because as fucked up, confusing, hypocritical, wondrous, everything this life is, it really is - CAN - be that simple.

Nate Sr: You hang on to your pain like it means something. Like it's worth something. Well, let me tell you - it's not worth shit. Let it go! Infinite possibilities, and all he can do is whine.

David: Well, what am I supposed to do?

Nate Sr: What do you think? You can do ANYTHING you lucky bastard - you're alive! What's a little pain compared to that?

David: It can't be that simple.

Nate Sr: What if it is?

God, I loved that show. Just recently HBO played the show in its entirety, and of course I soaked up every minute and cried at the finale. I don't think any show ever is as good as Six Feet Under.

I thought this was worthy of posting: http://www.mnn.com/lifestyle/arts-cultu ... aires-list

J.K. Rowling's charity giving knocks her off Forbes' billionaires list

To think that being a billionaire just isn't that important and that giving the money away is much more. Warms the heart. :D
  • Options
    Jeanwah wrote:

I thought this was worthy of posting: http://www.mnn.com/lifestyle/arts-cultu ... aires-list

To think that being a billionaire just isn't that important and that giving the money away is much more. Warms the heart. :D
    J.K. Rowling's one of my favorite ex-billionaires! I hear she has a new book in the works! :thumbup:

• Options
    Jeanwah wrote:
    God, I loved that show. Just recently HBO played the show in its entirety, and of course I soaked up every minute and cried at the finale. I don't think any show ever is as good as Six Feet Under.

Ha! Me too, every Monday evening since they began re-running it, I had a date with that show. And the finale, oh man. I was a sobbing mess during that end-scene. Absolutely beautiful, pretty much every bit of the whole series.

And the story you posted...go, JK! That's got to be one of the best parts of making/having so much money...knowing what you need, want, for yourself and your family, is covered. The extra donated can help so many others.
  • Options
    Something good? This thread is good! :thumbup:

• Options
    Well thank you! I like this counterbalance.

Good this evening here at home is we watched a couple hours of Blue Planet on the Science channel. Talk about another world.

You think life above sea-level is bizarre? It's beyond that below. The creatures that bloom - that HAVE bloomed for so long and look like something dreamed up on acid - I don't know. It's humbling and blows my fucking mind.

Also, it's just begun raining here :)
  • Options
    OK, ix-nay on the ain-ray for now...good pot + dirty-ish window = :oops:

:mrgreen:
  • Options
    hedonist wrote:
    OK, ix-nay on the ain-ray for now...good pot + dirty-ish window = :oops:

:mrgreen:

:lol:

Reminds me of the time a friend had me over for brownies and I remember admiring her cool Micky Mouse wall paper. Only the next day they were just plain painted walls. :lol:

We've got the rain going here, a good old Columbo episode and some nice vino. Here's to a good weekend!

• Options
    hedonist wrote:

Good this evening here at home is we watched a couple hours of Blue Planet on the Science channel. Talk about another world.

You think life above sea-level is bizarre? It's beyond that below. The creatures that bloom - that HAVE bloomed for so long and look like something dreamed up on acid - I don't know. It's humbling and blows my fucking mind.

Also, it's just begun raining here :)

We were watching that last night too, definitely bizarre beings down under the sea. I love the Science channel.
  • Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    hedonist wrote:

Sweetness!

sweet story. sad at first but picked up for the better.

the dude selling the puppies outside some store with the bad off puppy in a garbage bag should be thrown in jail for cruelty to animals and for being a nasty bastard
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    Columbo! Peter Falk makes me nostalgic.

Yeah, it's raining pretty good here now. I love it! Our staying in and avoiding the St. Pat-celebrating drunk-driving dipshits on LA roads is the way to go. And tomorrow's the marathon with the road in front of our place closed for most of the day.

It's gonna be a cozy weekend.

And chadwick, I agree. Zero sympathies from me toward anyone who treats animals this way. Like garbage.

The photo of smiling happy Harper is now my desktop :)
  • Options
    With the amount of crap passed arouond here
    I hark back to times when each of us have asked for support and gotten it.
    I look to the love and support I have gotten over the years from you guys n gals
    Perfect strangers with a united passion for this bands music.
    Sure we argue
    But there is also much support as well
    Meant to reply to this earlier...much agreed, on the support front.

When I first joined the PJ board in late '99, the community was much smaller and as such, much tighter-knit. A big aspect of what made me want to become a part of it. Hell, I met my sweetheart there - along with others I still hold close, no matter how much time passes between our connecting.

As you said, perfect strangers with a united passion for this band's music. I'll always love them for that...the role they played in my life. And those (im)perfect strangers as well ;)