MYSPACE

The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
edited February 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
well i'm thinking about phasing out my facebook account and finally joining myspace. it seems like everyone is on it these days. everywhere i go it's "myspace this and myspace that." the new "it" thing i guess. might as well succumb to the pier pressure.

so is it worth it? anybody from here on "the space" yet? any advice on how to get started?

hashtag?
chinese-happy.jpg
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• voidofmanvoidofman Posts: 4,009
    Myspace is still around? I thought only underage girls and perverts were on it.
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    voidof81 wrote:

Dont tease me.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    voidof81 wrote:

really? i was under the impression it is the new, hip, social media website that everyone is on.

i heard it can change the way you live your life.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    voidof81 wrote:

really? i was under the impression it is the new, hip, social media website that everyone is on.

i heard it can change the way you live your life.

Founded Santa Monica, California (2003)

Yes, it will change your life, you'll go to jail. :mrgreen:

(Looking on wiki, it's saying that Justin Timberlake is a co-owner, that's kind of crazy.)
  • 17 will get you 20
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
    it may have been founded in 2003 but apparently it is just now getting popular. are you on the space?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    I'm assuming you are kidding, but don't give in to the peer pressure.
    #FHP
    it may have been founded in 2003 but apparently it is just now getting popular. are you on the space?

I was in 2005 but it got old fast. If they've changed it, good for them. I don't have many / any friends that are on it anymore.
    voidof81 wrote:

I was in 2005 but it got old fast. If they've changed it, good for them. I don't have many / any friends that are on it anymore.

2005? what? get out of here.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    voidof81 wrote:

Dont tease me.

:lol::lol:
  • JTHJTH Chicago Posts: 3,238
    OK, I still can't figure out if this is a serious post or just the setup for some kind of joke.
  • Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fields Posts: 7,305
    voidof81 wrote:
    And musicians. :ugeek:
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • voidof81 wrote:

I think it's the other way around. I was on Myspace but has since deleted it.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    i hated the people who had those custom backgrounds made on their pages and littered their movie and music interests with nothing but pictures of the movies and music they liked (why not just type it, do we nee the picture to get the picture?).

used to take like 10 minutes to load the fucking page :lol:
    rival. wrote:
    i hated the people who had those custom backgrounds made on their pages and littered their movie and music interests with nothing but pictures of the movies and music they liked (why not just type it, do we nee the picture to get the picture?).

oooooh-- really!? how can i add a custom background to my page? i think it would be really cool to make it represent who i am. you know. as a person?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,408
    rival. wrote:

oooooh-- really!? how can i add a custom background to my page? i think it would be really cool to make it represent who i am. you know. as a person?

Forget Myspace....Friendster is where its at!

I also hear that AOL is going to host chat rooms and on-line BBS's.....that is the future!

Being the visionary that I am, may I suggest we should be the first to start meeting people in person....that may be the wave of the future!
    rival. wrote:

www.pimpmyprofile.com

duh.
  • iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    will they make a movie, "welcome to Myspace?"
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • 8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    you people that really think this is serious....need to get out more. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • JTHJTH Chicago Posts: 3,238
    81 wrote:
    Get out more? Explain this concept, please.
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,380
    81 wrote:
    Coming from someone with almost 30,000 posts :lol:
    :wave:
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    81 wrote:

ZING!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    81 wrote:

kitten has claws!
  • Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,380
    rival. wrote:
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    81 wrote:

kitten has claws!
    Rawr!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    81 wrote:
    :lol::lol::clap:
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    Mamasan23 wrote:
    81 wrote:
    he hire maids too.. :lol:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    i just found out this friend of mine who is on the space has a web log on there. he logs reviews of movies and music and stuff. sort of like a journal or diary for the whole world to see. it's a pretty cool concept.

have you guys ever seen any web logs (or "journals") up on the space?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    Myspace.. :lol:
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • ilockyerilockyer Posts: 2,225
    Chuck Norris is suing Myspace for taking the name of what he calls everything around you.
    The secret to a happy ending is knowing when to roll the credits
    ilockyer wrote:
    Chuck Norris is suing Myspace for taking the name of what he calls everything around you.

the band?

http://www.myspace.com/thechucknorrisexperiment
    chinese-happy.jpg