Options

From New York to the Gorge

Harryj40Harryj40 Posts: 53
edited June 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
I know it's a little late in the game to be planning something like this but is there anyone out there from the New York area interested in going ? Camping out the weekend and seeing both shows?If so let me know i'm seriously thinking about it ........ my concern is getting the equipment you need to camp on the plane.........and where do we get food/drinks/beer ....TICKETS etc... but i've done some crazy things before and am willing to live a little....... any other crazy fans out there?
"I know I was born
and I know that i'll die
the in between is mine
I am mine"
E.V. Pearl Jam
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    merlin401merlin401 Posts: 216
    Harryj40 wrote:
    I know it's a little late in the game to be planning something like this but is there anyone out there from the New York area interested in going ? Camping out the weekend and seeing both shows?If so let me know i'm seriously thinking about it ........ my concern is getting the equipment you need to camp on the plane.........and where do we get food/drinks/beer ....TICKETS etc... but i've done some crazy things before and am willing to live a little....... any other crazy fans out there?
    i'm actually just about to do the same thing... tix seem easy enough to get as are flights.

the whole camping thing is somewhat troubling though... anyone know if you can just sleep in your car so you dont have to pack all crazy stuff and carry it on the plane?
    Jones Beach II (2000), Holmdel (2003), Camden 1, East Rutherford II, Gorge I, Gorge II (2006), MSG I, Boston II (2008), Spectrum II, Spectrum III, Spectrum IV (2009), MSG I, MSG II (2010), Prague (2012), Philly I (2013), Philly I, Philly II, Fenway I (2016), Fenway I (2018), MSG (2022)
  • Options
    I'm doing it too! Will book my ticket this week. I don't know anything about camping either but the plane and tickets look possible. I think I might try to borrow a tent and bring it along. I'm excited to try and see what comes of it anyway.

My plan is to get to Seattle on friday and check it out (i've never been). Perhaps we can share rides, cars, hotel and the like. All while jamming out...

I can't wait.
    96 Hartford
    98 NJ, Hartford, NY 2
    00 Boston 1-2, Jones Beach 1-2-3
    03 B'ham, Philly, Uniondale, Boston 2, NY 1-2, Hershey
    04 Boston 2, Kissimmee
    05 Borgata 2, Philly
    06 SNL, Ed Sullivan, Hartford, NJ 2
    10 MSG 1-2
    11 Beacon 1-2 (Ed)
    12 Amsterdam 1-2, Berlin 1-2, Copenhagen
    12 Amsterdam 2 (Ed)
    14 Amsterdam 1,2 Vienna, Berlin
  • Options
    Low_Light03Low_Light03 Posts: 1,227
    I'm driving to the Gorge from Los Angeles, If anyone wants a ride from LA or maybe even around Seattle, I'd be more than happy to give anyone a ride. I just wanna split gas costs a little cause it's gonna hurt pretty bad.
    If You Give, You Begin To Live

But You Might Die Trying
  • Options
    idratherbeidratherbe Posts: 366
    merlin401 wrote:
    i'm actually just about to do the same thing... tix seem easy enough to get as are flights.

the whole camping thing is somewhat troubling though... anyone know if you can just sleep in your car so you dont have to pack all crazy stuff and carry it on the plane?

You can sleep in your car if you can stand that. Camping is priced per car or RV/camper...

~peace~
    Never allow someone to be your Priority,
    While allowing yourself to be their Option.

‹^›_‹(ô¿ô)›_‹^›

Please visit daily: www.theanimalrescuesite.com
  • Options
    merlin401merlin401 Posts: 216
    one more question... is premier camping worth it? Says you can get into the venue earlier than other GAs that dont have premier camping...

Any thoughts on that? I'm sure I'll be G.A. at least one of the 2 days if not both (looks like sitting higher up with the view is just as cool if not cooler than being on the floor in all honesty!)
    Jones Beach II (2000), Holmdel (2003), Camden 1, East Rutherford II, Gorge I, Gorge II (2006), MSG I, Boston II (2008), Spectrum II, Spectrum III, Spectrum IV (2009), MSG I, MSG II (2010), Prague (2012), Philly I (2013), Philly I, Philly II, Fenway I (2016), Fenway I (2018), MSG (2022)
  • Options
    Lsk6453Lsk6453 Ponte Vedra, FL Posts: 550
    Harryj40 wrote:

Hi harry.. long time no speak.

How are you?

Larry
    Shows attended: 38

7/5/98 Dallas, 10/17/00 Dallas, 4/30/03 Uniondale, 7/8/03 MSG 1, 7/9/03 MSG 2, 9/28/04 Boston 1, 9/29/04 Boston 2, 10/03/05 Philly, 4/15/06 SNL, 5/5/06 Irving Plaza, 5/13/06 Hartford, 6/1/06 NJ 1, 6/3/06 NJ 2, 6/20/08 Camden, 6/27/08 Hartford, 7/1/08 The Beacon, 10/27/09 Philly, 10/28/09 Philly, 10/30/09 Philly, 10/31/09 Philly, 5/20/10 MSG, 5/21/10 MSG, 10/18/13 Brooklyn, 10/19/13, Brooklyn, 10/25/13 Hartford, 11/15/13 Dallas, 10/12/14 Austin 2, 5/1/16 MSG 1, 5/2/16 MSG 2, 8/5/15 Fenway 1, 4/7/17 RRHOF Induction, 8/8/18 Seattle 1, 8/10/18 Seattle  2, 9/2/18 Fenway 1, 9/13/23 Ft. Worth 1, 9/15/23 Ft. Worth 2, 5/16/24 Vegas 1, 5/18/24 Vegas 2
  • Options
    Lsk6453 wrote:
    Hi harry.. long time no speak.

How are you?

Larry
    I'm great !! How are you? Catch any shows? I was at Hartford and NJ1 ........ they are on fire !!
    "I know I was born
    and I know that i'll die
    the in between is mine
    I am mine"
    E.V. Pearl Jam
  • Options
    Lsk6453Lsk6453 Ponte Vedra, FL Posts: 550
    Harryj40 wrote:
    I'm great !! How are you? Catch any shows? I was at Hartford and NJ1 ........ they are on fire !!

I'm great thanks. I was at Irving Plaza, Hartford, and NJ 1 and 2.

Just been working here... Crazy busy!
    Shows attended: 38

7/5/98 Dallas, 10/17/00 Dallas, 4/30/03 Uniondale, 7/8/03 MSG 1, 7/9/03 MSG 2, 9/28/04 Boston 1, 9/29/04 Boston 2, 10/03/05 Philly, 4/15/06 SNL, 5/5/06 Irving Plaza, 5/13/06 Hartford, 6/1/06 NJ 1, 6/3/06 NJ 2, 6/20/08 Camden, 6/27/08 Hartford, 7/1/08 The Beacon, 10/27/09 Philly, 10/28/09 Philly, 10/30/09 Philly, 10/31/09 Philly, 5/20/10 MSG, 5/21/10 MSG, 10/18/13 Brooklyn, 10/19/13, Brooklyn, 10/25/13 Hartford, 11/15/13 Dallas, 10/12/14 Austin 2, 5/1/16 MSG 1, 5/2/16 MSG 2, 8/5/15 Fenway 1, 4/7/17 RRHOF Induction, 8/8/18 Seattle 1, 8/10/18 Seattle  2, 9/2/18 Fenway 1, 9/13/23 Ft. Worth 1, 9/15/23 Ft. Worth 2, 5/16/24 Vegas 1, 5/18/24 Vegas 2
  • Options
    slug420slug420 Posts: 316
    im going out from CT but ill be gone for 3 weeks.

going to olympic national park for a while, then down for all 3 SF shows, then back up for the sox/mariners game, the gorge shows, glacier national park for a while, then coming back on 28th for dmb @meadows

not gonna be a cheap trip once you factor in gas, rental car, hotels, all the tickets....but i think it will be a great time. As of right now i am gonig solo as most of my friends have bailed due to lacking a) sense of adventure b) vacation time or c) moneys
  • Options
    decides2dreamdecides2dream Posts: 14,976
    slug420 wrote:

going to olympic national park for a while, then down for all 3 SF shows, then back up for the sox/mariners game, the gorge shows, glacier national park for a while, then coming back on 28th for dmb @meadows

not gonna be a cheap trip once you factor in gas, rental car, hotels, all the tickets....but i think it will be a great time. As of right now i am gonig solo as most of my friends have bailed due to lacking a) sense of adventure b) vacation time or c) moneys

that sounds like one helluva trip! :)

if i were to do any more shows, i think i'd love the 3 SFs dates and the 2 gorge....but no...i am being good. just have to hold out until italy! :D

hi harry! sorry i didn't bump into you at hartford, and i only went to jersey2....go for the gorge, i had a blast last year, you'll LOVE it!
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• Options
    that sounds like one helluva trip! :)

if i were to do any more shows, i think i'd love the 3 SFs dates and the 2 gorge....but no...i am being good. just have to hold out until italy! :D

hi harry! sorry i didn't bump into you at hartford, and i only went to jersey2....go for the gorge, i had a blast last year, you'll LOVE it!
    I was thinking Italy too !!! LOL But i think id love to see the last 2 shows of the US leg at the Gorge ......it will be intense.......no warm up band.........just Pearl Jam .........i gotta go some how !! I didnt bump into anyone at Hartford ......... the place was mobbed.
    "I know I was born
    and I know that i'll die
    the in between is mine
    I am mine"
    E.V. Pearl Jam
  • Options
    heartdesireheartdesire Posts: 430
    Harryj40 ... I woke up this morning with a bad case of the post pearl jam blues!
    I went to the two chicago shows and am so bummin' I didn't plan for more.

I have been considering going to the Gorge shows for the past few days as I have a feeling they are going to be outstanding ... hmmm ... your post is swaying me to go!!!

Final decision tomorrow ...
    "i'm a dedicated insomniac" ~ ev nyc beacon 6/22
  • Options
    MilestoneMilestone Posts: 1,100
    slug420 wrote:

My god, that's an intense trip to do by yourself. Careful out in the Olympic National Forest. Some chick fell off a cliff and laid on the beach with 2 broken legs for 3 days before someone found her. It was just in the news.
    11-2-2000 Portland. 12-8-2002 Seattle. 4-18-2003 Nashville. 5-30-2003 Vancouver. 10-25-2003 Bridge School. 9-2-2005 Vancouver.
    7-6-2006 Las Vegas. 7-20-2006 Portland. 7-22-2006 Gorge. 9-21-2009 Seattle. 9-22-2009 Seattle. 9-26-2009 Ridgefield. 9-25-2011 Vancouver.
    11-29-2013 Portland. 10-16-2014 Detroit. 8-8-2018 Seattle. 8-10-2018 Seattle. 8-13-2018 Missoula.
  • Options
    ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    Milestone wrote:
    My god, that's an intense trip to do by yourself. Careful out in the Olympic National Forest. Some chick fell off a cliff and laid on the beach with 2 broken legs for 3 days before someone found her. It was just in the news.

wow that is a big trip you have got there.... you will have the time of your life I'm sure!

I'm coming from further than CT and NY! I'm coming over 4 the LA forum show night 2 than going up for both gorge shows. My airfare from Adelaide, Australia cost me a shitload but this is going to be worth my while...
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • Options
    MasterFramerMasterFramer Posts: 2,268
    Just to show you that you have made the right choice by traveling west....

I give you

LOWLIGHT

at the GORGE

http://www.pearljamstories.com/Lowlight.MP4

Enjoy it!
    10.31.93 / 10.1.94 / 6.24.95 / 11.4.95 / 10.19-20.96 / 7.16.98 / 7.21.98 / 10.31.00 /8.4.01 Nader Rally/ 10.21.01 / 12.8-9.02 / 6.01.03 / 9.1.05 / 7.15-16,18.06 / 7.20.06 / 7.22-23.06 / Lolla 07
  • Options
    thats excellent

was that taken from the lawn or reserved seating?

wish they had panned out to show the gorge too....

do they allow camcorders at these shows?
  • Options
    I think it's so great all you guys are making huge trips to see Pearl Jam :D It shows just how passionate us PJ fans are ;) AND what an amazing live band Pearl Jam is :cool:

I've gone to 5 shows this Spring...

Irving Plaza (had to stand on line @ the Village Tower records for 8 hours and I WORK for Tower records! :p) It was amazing to be @ that show! :o

Both Tweeter Camden shows, both excellent as well AND I got the ALIVE guy tattooed on my arm between shows :D And they played BLACK & ALIVE for me that day ;)

Both Continental shows, with an old PJ friend, they kicked ass, Indifference... sweeeet!! :D but I started to get sad realizing I had no more PJ shows after Saturday so....

Me and my girl were going to go on this trip driving across country to Denver 1st (visiting my friend also a PJ fan) and a friend in Sacramento, so I decided to check PJ dates on the west coast (timeframe mid july) and San Fran & most Cali dates were gone & then I notice @ the bottom "Camping for Pearl Jam" I check out the Gorge stuff, camping, the beautiful scenery & check for tickets & there they are and my girl said yes & I bought the tickets!! :D

It's going to be a hell of a trip... for ALL of us! :p I hope all you 10C people out there traveling across country like me and my girl have a great time, have lots of good luck & be safe ;)

CAN'T WAIT!!! :p See ya there!!! :D
    Oh, if I knew where it was, I would take you there, but there's much more than this.
    Ooooh. Whoooa, much more than this. Woooh see the world. Much more than... Oooh, much more than.. Why?
  • Options
    brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361
    slug420 wrote:

that is friggn awesome...

but what the hell do you do that allows you to take that much time off?

Esther's here and she's sick?

hi Esther, now we are all going to be sick, thanks
  • Options
    PJaddictedPJaddicted Posts: 1,432
    Harry!!!!!!!!!!!

You have been bitten! The PJ bug is back!!!

If I wasn't already going to be on vacation that week.....I would join you in a heartbeat!!! You deserve a nice vacation....go for it~you won't be sorry!!!

oxc

PS...anyone want to go the the PA show on the 23rd.....I can't help myself!!!
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

*May the Peace of the Wilderness be with YOU*

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
  • Options
    PJaddicted wrote:
    Harry!!!!!!!!!!!

You have been bitten! The PJ bug is back!!!

If I wasn't already going to be on vacation that week.....I would join you in a heartbeat!!! You deserve a nice vacation....go for it~you won't be sorry!!!

oxc

PS...anyone want to go the the PA show on the 23rd.....I can't help myself!!!
    Hi Sweetie !! I met Christina (Waterlilly) at NJ1 she is a Doll !!.......YES I want to go to Pittsburgh !! Where can we get tickets??............these guys are incredible this tour !!!
    "I know I was born
    and I know that i'll die
    the in between is mine
    I am mine"
    E.V. Pearl Jam
  • Options
    Harryj40 wrote:
    Hi Sweetie !! I met Christina (Waterlilly) at NJ1 she is a Doll !!.......YES I want to go to Pittsburgh !! Where can we get tickets??............these guys are incredible this tour !!!

Lets start looking for tickets.....I'll check out motels tonight! We can fill my suburban up with lots of peeps and just go for it!!!

oxc
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
  • Options
    PJaddicted wrote:
    Lets start looking for tickets.....I'll check out motels tonight! We can fill my suburban up with lots of peeps and just go for it!!!

oxc
    Are you serious about this?If so lets do it!!
    "I know I was born
    and I know that i'll die
    the in between is mine
    I am mine"
    E.V. Pearl Jam
  • Options
    Tommy311Tommy311 NYC Posts: 28
    I think I just might have to make the trip out to the Gorge. It sucks knowing there's more tour dates and NJ2 would be my last show for a while. Also, with no opening band for either Gorge show, there's not a doubt in my mind these shows will be epic and well worth the trip.
    1998: East Rutherford, MSG I, MSG II
    2000: Jones Beach I, Jones Beach II, Jones Beach III, Saratoga, Camden I, Camden II
    2003: Uniondale, MSG I, MSG II, Holmdel
    2006: Albany, Hartford, E. Rutherford I. E. Rutherford II
    2008: Camden II, MSG I, MSG II, Hartford, Mansfield II
    2009: Philadephia I, Philadelphia IV
    2010: Hartford, Boston, Newark, MSG I, MSG II
    2012: Philadelphia
    2013: Buffalo, Brooklyn I, Brooklyn II, Hartford, Seattle
    2014: Detroit
    2015: Central Park
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Philadelphia II, MSG I, MSG II, Boston I
    2017: RRHOF
  • Options
    brainofPJ wrote:
    that is friggn awesome...

but what the hell do you do that allows you to take that much time off?

just a normal working "professional". 3 weeks vacation per year and im using it all at once. I think (well...hope) it will be worth it!
  • Options
    Harryj40 wrote:
    Are you serious about this?If so lets do it!!

I am looking in to it right now!!! If anyone else wants to do it....I have room in my car! It's about 6 hour 40 minutes. Lots of motels near the venue...now we need tickets.....ROAD TRIP!!!

oxc
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

— Unknown
  • Options
    4HEATHER4HEATHER Posts: 36
    merlin401 wrote:
    one more question... is premier camping worth it? Says you can get into the venue earlier than other GAs that dont have premier camping...

Any thoughts on that? I'm sure I'll be G.A. at least one of the 2 days if not both (looks like sitting higher up with the view is just as cool if not cooler than being on the floor in all honesty!)

I think the premier camping might be sold out. It seems that way on Ticketmaster but it surprised me. I asked about it a couple times to see if anyone knew anything but didn't get an answer.

And more than anything I would love to road trip out to PA with you guys!! BUT being a married female and assuming you are all guys I can't see it going over well with the hubby. :( All I can think about is that weekend!!
    Let's say knowledge is a tree
    It's growing up just like me
  • Options
    4HEATHER wrote:
    I think the premier camping might be sold out. It seems that way on Ticketmaster but it surprised me. I asked about it a couple times to see if anyone knew anything but didn't get an answer.

And more than anything I would love to road trip out to PA with you guys!! BUT being a married female and assuming you are all guys I can't see it going over well with the hubby. :( All I can think about is that weekend!!

Older female here....married with 4 sons! Where in Jersey are you?

oxc
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

— Unknown
  • Options
    4HEATHER4HEATHER Posts: 36
    PJaddicted wrote:
    Older female here....married with 4 sons! Where in Jersey are you?

oxc

REALLY???? :):) I am in North Jersey. Kearny. What do you mean by older? ;)
    Let's say knowledge is a tree
    It's growing up just like me
  • Options
    4HEATHER wrote:
    REALLY???? :):) I am in North Jersey. Kearny. What do you mean by older? ;)

:D over 40.....

oxc
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

— Unknown
  • Options
    a few weeks ago when i bought my gorge tickets there were no 2 night premiere camping passes available so i had to buy the 3 night one....might be cheaper to buy a 2 night pass on ebay than pay the extra 60 bucks for the 3rd night from TM....but of course i didnt think about that before buying mine :)