Options

travel advice to E rutherford- help ?

sultryeveningsultryevening Posts: 522
edited May 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
hello

Im staying in the Lower east side next week!
woohoo!

can anyone offer me soem advice for getting to the E.rutherford show?any advice at all- cheers folks

ps- CANNOT WAIT FOR THIS SHOW!

after missing every show in the UK for the last 15 years i bit the bullet and am coming all the way to see them.

so ther'll be a lot of love coming from this fanclub seat and youd better believe it!
Some people have to have the sultry evenings Cocktails in the blue, red and grey But I like every minute of the day.
INTER-FUCKING-MISSION!!!
Newcastle-Riverside 02/22/92!!!
E.rutherford New Jersey 01/06/06
Athens -Greece.survived !barely-
Wembley 18/06/07- no words- just smiles!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    Check out this link - it seems to have some useful information
    http://www.panynj.gov/tbt/pdf/NY_NJ_alternatives.pdf
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Options
    NiteLite10NiteLite10 Posts: 144
    Just go to the port authority (bus terminal) before the show and they have frequent buses for all events at the meadowlands. takes about 20-30 minutes by bus.
  • Options
    GeorgeinNYGeorgeinNY Posts: 113
    Bus 351 from Port Authority, Im taking this bus too, get round-trip $9 ticket. The bus leaves from different locations sometimes from a gate sometimes from a tunnel under the building so you will have to ask someone.

btw greetings to a Mancurian, I was in your city last year on a visit!
  • Options
    GeorgeinNY wrote:
    Bus 351 from Port Authority, Im taking this bus too, get round-trip $9 ticket. The bus leaves from different locations sometimes theres a gate sometimes from a tunnerl under the buiding so you will have to ask someone.

btw greetings to a Mancurian, I was in your city last year on a visit!

how often does this bus run? how early in the day do they start??
    coming up

MSG 1
    Ringo the next night in Boston
    Hartford
    Boston 1 & 2

hell's yeah...
  • Options
    PJaholicPJaholic Posts: 81
    how often does this bus run? how early in the day do they start??

I think they run every 20-30 minutes starting rush hour.
    "i'm lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side"
  • Options
    Take NJ transit out of port authority to the meadowlands. you should be able to find the bus schedule at http://www.njtransit.com/sf_bu_schedules.shtml and look for bus 351
  • Options
    GeorgeinNYGeorgeinNY Posts: 113
    on event days they run as often as they have to to get the people to the arena, and the more people show up the more busses they assign. As soon as the bus fills up it leaves for the arena. On the way back all the busses will be lined up and same thing- when they fill one up it leaves and next one pulls up.

Ive never had a problem being late or anything, Ive taken this bus to sold out concerts, hockey games, even Giants games. Just to be safe Id suggest getting there(Port Authority) about 5:30, or 6, or about 2 hours prior to show. Im going straight from work myself. I never cut it close to showtime so I dont know what it looks like if you get there late...

hope this helps, dont worry its easy....
  • Options
    nukebootnukeboot Posts: 1,465
    For those unfamiliar with NYC, the Port Authority bus terminal is located at 8th Avenue and 42nd Street (one block west of the south end of Times Square).
    EdSurfingSig_zpsgmyltito.jpg
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me...