Live on Jools in the UK

2»

Comments

• What a great show!! It was so exciting to see them back here and doing an interview too!! I was shocked by that. I thought the performance of WWS was the best i've heard yet.
    Becoming a Star will become your Doom.
  • PaulJamPaulJam Posts: 163
    I missed it but by all accounts they weren't on fire. Jools is a great show and I would hope Ed and the boys savoured the experience. I can't understand for the life of me why they didn't play a more intimate song. Gone would have been perfect.
  • fadafada Posts: 1,032
    Did anyone else think that they cut out some of the solo in "Alive"? There seemed to be a real noticable jump from when Mike first starts his solo and then to just before when he starts playing behind his head. I thought it was a really bad cut, but no one here seems to have noticed it, so was it just me then?

Mike wasn't in the picture really for the first two songs. You could see him hoping around the place alright.The camera should have gone back further
    I taught that the Zutons put on a great show. Corrine bailey rae was good too.
  • sqwenosqweno Posts: 40
    As someone who was at the Jools recording I can see it looks like the audience was a bit restrained, but trust me we weren't. There were about four bunches of die hard fans around the room making a lot of noise and jumping about, and after Alive the whole room went nuts. I can see it doesn't come across on the tx.
    But Ed was blowing his nose and drinking tea, so possibly feeling a bit coldy and saving his voice.
    Not sure about the cut, did seem a slightly odd jump at one point, but I can't recall it sufficiently from the live experience to be certain.

xx
    How do you get to go to Jools? Tickets?
  • KELLYS LEASHKELLYS LEASH Posts: 184
    sqweno wrote:
    As someone who was at the Jools recording I can see it looks like the audience was a bit restrained, but trust me we weren't. There were about four bunches of die hard fans around the room making a lot of noise and jumping about, and after Alive the whole room went nuts. I can see it doesn't come across on the tx.
    But Ed was blowing his nose and drinking tea, so possibly feeling a bit coldy and saving his voice.
    Not sure about the cut, did seem a slightly odd jump at one point, but I can't recall it sufficiently from the live experience to be certain.

xx

Same here!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would say that 90% of the crowd were Pearl Jam fans even Corinne Bailey Rae :)
    I can happily say that everyone was in awe of Pearl Jam, there was a nice buzz between the band and the fans all night. Especially in the section that I was in. Everyone was going crazy for the guys.

Plus i'm so sure that they cut Alive, Ed was dancing with Corinne for a lot longer and Mike's solo went on for a longer time than shown.
    29/05/00 -Wembley
    20/04/06 - The Astoria alley crew + got to shake Ed's hand
    25/04/06 -Jools Show + got Mike's autograph
    27/08/06- 07/09/06- 09/09/06-13/09/06-17/09/06-13/06/07-18/06/07
    ...Three crooked hearts and swirls all around...
  • sqwenosqweno Posts: 40
    And I meant to post that although a lot of people were hoping they might play a different 'classic' it seemed fairly obvious they would have to play Alive - a) because that's their best known track for a lay audience, and b) they had just played the '92 version. In a part of the interview that was cut Jools asked them, once they'd shown the clip (which was also much longer in the studio) if they would play Alive. Ed said something like 'if you ask me one more time then we will', but I pretty much figure they had no choice.
    Re: getting tickets - it can be pretty tricky. Personally I worked for the Beeb (until last week) so I had press contacts I called. But there were others who posted who just rang the Beeb audience line and lucked out. Beeb audience tickets are free but Jools is about the hardest show to get in to. I think as soon as you hear there's a new series the trick is to ring the audience line immediately and try your luck. Look at the BBC website for details and the audience line number. There are only 8 eps in this series of Jools. I don't know if they allocate all tickets for all shows straight away or if they issue tickets weekly for each show, but give them a ring and hopefully they should be fairly helpful. There is also a Jools waiting list, or there was, but it took me two years to get tickets via that route!
    S. xx
  • einatshauleinatshaul Posts: 2,219
    duggro?

Back yet?!!
    I'm going bananas... yeah... bananas...
    the torrent won't work and I'm out of it all! I neeeeed to see this!

and thanks again...
  • bambi girlbambi girl Posts: 406
    did anyone pick up that in the interview when jools was talking about making a great record or something...i can't remember i was sleepy, but Ed kind of mumbled (and was being talked over a little by Jools)...something along the lines of 'our last attempt'......which could have meant 'latest' rather than 'final'.....

or he might have not said that at all...

just wondered if anyone picked up on that?
  • duggroduggro Posts: 1,343
    yo, just back from work

enjoy

http://www.sendspace.com/file/07jfgu
    Dublin Leeds Berlin Wembley
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,314
    duggro wrote:
    yo, just back from work

enjoy

http://www.sendspace.com/file/07jfgu

downloading now. thanks man :)
  • Yes, thank you oh so much!
  • MJSB74MJSB74 Posts: 75
    bambi girl wrote:
    did anyone pick up that in the interview when jools was talking about making a great record or something...i can't remember i was sleepy, but Ed kind of mumbled (and was being talked over a little by Jools)...something along the lines of 'our last attempt'......which could have meant 'latest' rather than 'final'.....

or he might have not said that at all...

just wondered if anyone picked up on that?

No, you're right...he did say "our last attempt". Read into it what you will!
  • mohomoho Posts: 540
    I'm guessing he ment latest? I heard that too and for a moment was scared... What was cool was Eddie changing the lyrics in the last bit of the last chorus of Alive to 'We're all still alive!'
    JUST PLAY THE F***ING NOTE!!!
  • rats78rats78 Posts: 4
    Hey thanks for the upload of the jools show! i taped it, but video truly sucks and i don't have a DVD recorder yet, so this DivX rip is more than welcome.

The show was great, i agree with most comments...that interview was certainly not handled well. Jools is a tool at the best of times, but referring to the avacado as a pear was downright embarrasing.

How do you guys feel about them being on Jools Holland? In a way for me it was great to see them on it, cos i've always wondered what they would be like and how they'd be recieved. But theres another side of me hoping they wouldn't. Later With...Jools Holland can often act as a catapult for bands to become more noticed. Not saying that they aren't frikkin huge anyway, but there are still loads of people in the UK that wouldn't have normally have given them the light of day until seeing them.

All's i'm saying is i kinda like where they are musically in this country, they are well known to those that care and respect what they stand for. i personally would'nt like to see them get any more famous. Take the chilis for example, as much as i love those guys, i find it embarassing to see 12 year old kids running round with RHCP hoodies on, simply cos they like Under The Bridge or the latest single... forgetting all the previous work they've done. It would kill me the day i saw that happen with PJ.

Thankfully i dont think it'll ever happen cos PJ always manage to fly just below the mainstream radar.

Any thoughts on this, or is everyone of the opinion that they want PJ to become as successful as they can, and be the biggest band on the planet?

Sorry if that turned into a rant....but its 1:30 am and this download is only at 83% (yawn)

Hope they come to Scotland...its not good enough that they are touring England and Ireland skipping us altogether.
    I know what you mean....I dont think we'll have to worrry about them becoming "popular" like the Chilis. It just wont happen. I also like the level of popularity they have here...one the one hand we have the fans who's heads practically explode when they tour here, and the general public who are like "who?". Anyways cant see them coming to Scotland unfortunately...can you imagine trying to get tickets for that one?!
  • duggroduggro Posts: 1,343
    read an article my mate gave me on pearl jam out some paper

"Upon being reminded by The Skinny that it is, in fact, totally rubbish that they've only appeared in scotland twice within the last 15 years, Gossard acknowledges the crime but is characteristically non-committal about the future, as a band who feel they are freefalling would be: "we might be doing some more roadwork in 2007 and get around europe a bit more then. I cant confirm anything for definite but that normally includes a gig in scotland, right? so we'll see you there." "
    Dublin Leeds Berlin Wembley
    I was at the last concert they played in Scotland at the Glasgow Barrowlands.

The only thing that can make me think why they could be missing us out could be that Eddie got mightily pissed off with the amount of pushing that was going on (its even evident on the bootleg cd...how embarrasing). Seriously, women were getting hurt and that not on in my opinion.

Because they had been out of the public eye for so long people only remembered ten and vs and thought that would be a good platform for them to come along and act like pure mentalists at a "grunge" concert. At times, yeah you do want to get a little crazy and have fun....but when a mosh pit starts forming you have to question why people are at the gig.

Also pogo-ing, whats up with that!....why can't people just enjoy watching the band perform. I mean they don't come round too often so i'd rather soak up every second that i'm there.

But hey its a fantastic thought that they may come to scotland near the end of the tour, bit late but better than nothing!
    The Barrowlands?When was that?
    During the Binaural Tour, 2000 or 2001 can't really remember...thats how long ago it was.
    2000 was SECC, if they played after that it must have been a secret gig.....
  • HevyDevyHevyDevy Posts: 1
    you should see a doctor about your memory.

Yeah I was getting crushed to fuck but it was brilliant all the same, better everybody is going mental than standing crying relating to eddies lyrics in my opinion. That's what a scottish gig should be like.
  • chris01chris01 Posts: 559
    So they did a secret gig in the Barrowlands in 2000/1 too?

I never heard of that, i saw them in the SECC. I remember during given to fly he stopped singing and asked if everyone was ok in one of the areas near the front but he didnt seem pissed off at that, he was just making sure everyone was ok. Once he had made sure of it he forgot which part of the song to sing next, lol.
    DOH!

yeah think my memorys going, sorry it was the SECC your right...

Damn they need to tour more! see what they're doing to me.

Yeah it was a pure crush fest...Woosed out near the end and kinda missed 'Last Kiss' ,musta drank about 3 gallons of coke through sheer dehydration but what a gig.

Sorry if i got you's excited about a secret gig. my bad

here another DOH! just for good measure
  • yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    Thanks for putting this up!
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.