Options

You look so precious

hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
edited January 2016 in A Moving Train
First time I saw this video – Prison Sex by Tool – it brought me to unexpected tears...especially at the NO-not-again-can’t-take-anymore moment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5sIXUbMgF0

It’s been rolling around in my head since I saw this story on the news this morning.

A local LA elementary-school teacher who’s been on the job for over 30 years has apparently been binding and gagging various students (in the classroom, no less), feeding them spoonfuls of his semen, and putting large cockroaches on their faces (what...the...FUCK?)

http://www.myfoxla.com/dpp/news/local/t ... -201201301

My empathetic side wonders, what in whatever’s name was done to this person, to make him inflict such monstrosities upon innocents? What happened to make THAT what it takes to get him off?

(and mind you, I’m of the whatever-gets-you-through-the-night school of thought, but do not fuck with those who have no concept of consent)

And, my angrier non-empathetic side feels…why is this piece of shit still alive? Harsh as it sounds, I wish someone would put him out of these children’s misery.

I wish I didn’t feel this way...but, I do.

I’m curious to know your thoughts (not necessarily on my view – although, feel free) but moreso on...what now?
Post edited by hedonist on

Comments

• Options
    justamjustam Posts: 21,394
    When I was in elementary school in San Francisco I distinctly remember the second grade teacher taking the boy that say next to me into the cloak room to "discipline" him. We used to hear him slapping the child. I don't know why no one ever did anything about it. It was strange but I remember it clearly. That little boy and I were desk partners and we had to sit directly in front of the teacher's desk.

That was back in the days when they "bussed" kids from poor neighborhoods into the nicer neighborhoods. The boy was bussed in and very active. :(

As an adult, I look back on that and wonder about it.
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    Monster RainMonster Rain Posts: 1,415
    I don't think there's a word for this guy other than "monster." He's also incredibly stupid. What kind of moron would take pictures of himslef doing that and bring them to the store to be developed? He will not fare well in prison, especially in Los Angeles. I have serious doubts that he'll survive very long.
  • Options
    I can't even look at articles like that because my memory is so good this type of horror story gives me nightmares. :cry:
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    Yeah, when they prefaced the story with "this may be upsetting to some viewers", I pfffft'ed...and damned if I was beyond "upset".

I also thought, "turned in a roll to be developed"? Dipshit.

justam, that story breaks my heart. I only hope that those abused/hit/fucked with break the chain.
  • Options
    Hedonist, I'm sorry you have to remember that article now. Yikes! :(
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • Options
    CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,219
    When I was in the 4th grade, during recess, me and a friend got in trouble for chasing the girls around with a dead spider we found on the playground. We thought this was the way we could play with the girls... without playing with the girls.
    We got in trouble and had to stay in during the lunch play period. Our teacher made us lay across 2 of the wooden chairs with damp rags from the janitor closet across our eyes. If we moved, she'd slam a book closed next to our ears. She also closed all of the windows and turned the heat all the way up.
    I was okay, but my friend.. who was one of those really, really pale white kids... got a nasty rash across his eyes from the rags. Those were the rags the janitor used to clean the bathrooms and had solvent/cleaner on them. We were told that if we told our parents, we would be expelled from school and end up in juvenile hall... so we told our parents we were playing on the hillside after school and must have gotten poison oak on us.
    It dawned on me later about this teacher. When she was Miss XXXX, she was mean and always pissed off. When she became Mrs. YYYY... she was nice and my younger brothers and sister loved her. So, I kind of understand he being pissed off... especially on Mondays... and harbor no hard feelings. I was kind of a punk kid in school.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • Options
    We were told that if we told our parents, we would be expelled from school and end up in juvenile hall... so we told our parents we were playing on the hillside after school and must have gotten poison oak on us

Damn, Cosmo. This too breaks my heart...and I admire your being free of ill will for her. Although, you almost have to...that baggage would be too heavy to lug around for life.
  • Options
    My 7th grade music teacher became frustrated with my inability to learn the scales.
    He took me to the coat room and hung me by my collar on a coat hook.
    In 7th grade gym class I was doing my jumping jacks out of cadence.
    The gym teacher threw a basketball off my head.
    In 2nd grade religion class I spilled my milk.
    A nun then slapped me across the face
  • Options
    Agh...what is wrong with some people?

I'm so sorry for what you went through, mountain man.

So, what's to be done? When people do the things you've all described...and done worse as in the article?

Punishment or rehabilitation (if that's even possible)?
  • Options
    BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Medical Experimentation, This guy just Volunteered.
  • Options
    hedonist wrote:
    Agh...what is wrong with some people?

I'm so sorry for what you went through, mountain man.

So, what's to be done? When people do the things you've all described...and done worse as in the article?

Punishment or rehabilitation (if that's even possible)?
    The incidents that happened to me occured during 1967- 1972. Back then stuff like this was common .
    Today the teachers would be terminated and arrested.
    Punishment definitely. Rehab determined on a case by case basis.
  • Options
    polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    i can't believe this stuff happens without anyone knowing about it ...
  • Options
    whygohomewhygohome Posts: 2,305
    For all of you who had traumatic experiences, did you tell your parents?
  • Options
    whygohome, I didn't think that would be such a difficult question, but it is...and I'm not sure how candidly I can answer it here, now.

Let's see...

I...alluded...to it. Didn't come right out and say what was going on until it came to a head, so to speak.

After I spoke up, I wish my mother had handled things differently.

Before I spoke up, I wish I had handled things differently. (How? Dunno...I was a kid...but still, the wishing resonates after the fact)

I wish I had told my father.

I wish, I wish...I guess it never stops.

I will say, though, that almost 35-40 years after the fact, I think I've finally forgiven the monster of my childhood, and more importantly, myself.

As Lennon said..."I just had to let it go"
  • Options
    JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    My husband asked me today while eating lunch at a cafe across the street from the town school why I don't try to get a job at the school. I told him I don't really want to know all the secrets that go on in the school: the secrets of the teachers, the secrets of the students, and the baggage that goes with both. (and I really like the school overall). I do need to know what goes on with MY kid, but there's something that dissuades me from working at a school... and this thread just makes me physically ill. Maybe I know why.
  • Options
    I'm sorry...it wasn't my intent to upset anyone, nor did I think I'd so intimately revisit (at least in my mind) something I don't particularly care to focus on these days.

I was more curious about what to do with people who prey on others like this.
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,719
    Jeanwah wrote:
    My husband asked me today while eating lunch at a cafe across the street from the town school why I don't try to get a job at the school. I told him I don't really want to know all the secrets that go on in the school: the secrets of the teachers, the secrets of the students, and the baggage that goes with both. (and I really like the school overall). I do need to know what goes on with MY kid, but there's something that dissuades me from working at a school... and this thread just makes me physically ill. Maybe I know why.

I'm tempted to say, "Good choice not to take the job," Jeanwah, and that's sad. We need good workers/teachers in our schools and yet they can be brutal places. One of my elementary school teachers used to beat us with thick rulers and take us outside and shake us like a can of paint. He was let go after shaking a kid with a wall too behind him and knocking him out cold.

It can be rough for teacher too, though, especially for subs. I knew a sub who was badly beaten, another who had a sharp object thrown at her (it just missed) and during the years I subbed I got knocked down in a gym class from a basket ball hitting me in the face and everybody just walked over me, had fire crackers thrown at me, had a large nail wrapped on a pole held to my throat, (to name just a few abuses) and yet I was very well like by most kids a requested quite often. And the thing is, these kids are learning this behavior from monsters like the subject in question-- not to mention the prevailing worship of violence in film and on TV.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    Just heard that this motherfucker is still eligible for his pension and health benefits.

Something is very wrong here.
  • Options
    Folks...

Let's not paint everyone with the same brush here. I am a teacher. This case is very extreme (I can't remember another like it). Think of how many schools there are and all the good that happens within them compared to the various abuse cases we hear of.

I too faced 'stricter' punitve measures as a child growing up throughout the 70s; however, standards have changed since then. Teachers have become much more tolerant and less abusive than what they were in the past. I have my story as well where school became 'physical' (not sexual) for me with a teacher- but I can admit that I kind of asked for it (just not that extreme of punishment).

I will beat no political drum here. This case is sickening. This guy is a demented freak and deserves the worst we can give him. If I'm a parent... it might be 'A Time To Kill'; however, try to keep in mind that 'generalizing' is an extremely poor practice and ultimately is the seed for negative stereotypes. You'll find shitheads in every profession.

The real thing about this is story is: with some notable exceptions... the shitheads are most always men. Nearly every violent, perverted, sinful act committed against an individual or the masses is by one of our gender. WTF is wrong with us?
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    Hey there, Thirty - I'm damning this particular sick fuck and others like him, but by no means am I holding that paintbrush to all within one group.

Perhaps this could be likened to the goings-on in the Catholic church - it would be unfair to damn an entire faction based on the actions of some.
  • Options
    whygohomewhygohome Posts: 2,305
    Too many teachers I know--friends, family--are simply unhappy with their jobs. The kids sucks, and the parents are even worse.

What's the incentive to become a teacher these days? Why not just go work on Wall St.?
  • Options
    hedonist wrote:
    Hey there, Thirty - I'm damning this particular sick fuck and others like him, but by no means am I holding that paintbrush to all within one group.

Perhaps this could be likened to the goings-on in the Catholic church - it would be unfair to damn an entire faction based on the actions of some.

I hope you don't think I was directing my comment towards anyone in particular!
  • Options
    Nope, we're cool!
  • Options
    whygohome wrote:
    Too many teachers I know--friends, family--are simply unhappy with their jobs. The kids sucks, and the parents are even worse.

What's the incentive to become a teacher these days? Why not just go work on Wall St.?

Bingo. What is the incentive? 6 years of university- sacrificing employable years and going into significant debt... to enter a job that pays $45,000 and faces the scornful eye of the public so quick to criticize. I could write forever on this but I'll try to keep it concise.

From a personal perspective, I love teaching and coaching. In Canada, they pay coaches $0. Nothing. No coaches get paid or get their time compensated to perform coaching duties. In the 20 years I have taught, I have coached basketball every year (as well as football and rugby on various occasions) and at a high level which has demanded a lot of my time (I have had 3 kids from my program play on our National Team and 18 kids play for colleges/universities). I do it for the reasons I got into Education: a desire to make a difference for kids and passion for sport.

I'm not trying to paint myself as a hero, I'm illustrating that there are people out there performing thankless tasks for the betterment of our youth. Expecting this type of goodwill is unreasonable though- and many schools suffer because of it. Sticking with the 'athletics' genre: there's a reason why Canada falls short of developing its athletes- it's hit and miss. If a kid goes to a school where someone works at it (volunteering)their time... kids do better. If a kid goes to a school where that type of 'goodwill' doesn't exist... the kid simply doesn't get the experience they might have otherwise ("Oh well. John's dad will coach though!").

Depressingly, it seems as if Canadian society is okay with this 'hit and miss' school model. We gladly shell out tons of cash to publicly defend pricks such as the one in the depressing story that started this thread. Then we gladly shell out tons of cash to house, feed and 'rehabilitate' the shithead. Throw in some parole hearings, etc. and before you know it... TONS of cash pulled out of the general pot. For a fucking loser. How about a bullet or a gulag for an individual such as the thread subject? Tons of cash to go to the important and worthy programs... not to mention- justice!

But no... we underfund school programs, pay teachers like shit, and then expect outstanding things from them. You pay for what you get. We pay for a nice, cushy penal system (with X-Boxes and Movies and 3 squares a day); yet we won't pay for an athletic program (our AD gets... seriously now... $4000 from our local district to run our entire athletic program: JV and senior football, 8 basketball teams, 4 soccer teams, 4 volleyball teams, golf, curling, badminton, wrestling and cheerleading). Not only do you have to give up your time to coach, you have to go fund raise so that parents can have their kids in sport. Wanna do it?

Trust me when I say academia has their issues as well relevant to underfunding, but this has been long enough.

In summary: this guy sucks shit and deserves to die painfully... and our education system is a result of the whole's willingness to 'accept' broken models and point fingers when we don't like the results.
  • Options
    JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    whygohome wrote:

From what I've seen and heard, many have gone into teaching for selfish reasons: summers off, nice schedule, and not for the right reasons: caring about kids' education.

Not all mind you, there are some great teachers out there... but there are a lot who got into for other reasons.
  • Options
    chadwickchadwick up my ass Posts: 21,157
    both my parents went to catholic school, they were in the same class even. dad was in trouble often like a lot of the boys were, mom not so much.

in private catholic school back in the 50's and 60's when you got busted smoking you got beat the fuck up, literally.

back then nuns (not all of them) taught with brutality.

mom was talking with her friend(s) during class. the nun, sister john the baptist grabbed her old panty hose and crammed them into mom's mouth and mom's friend's mouth and that is that. mom tells of the stories.

she remembers the horrible smell and disgusting taste of the panty hoses and the fact that nun, sister john the baptist crammed the panty hose so forcefully into her mouth that mom could feel the nun's fingers touching her throat and spreading her mouth fully open and making her gag.

dad was punched and beat with large wooden pointers.

dad was dressing up after gym class without taking a shower... ok. ok. ok. says the gym teacher. we'll show him, he says to himself...

next time in the lockerroom dad wasn't getting a shower after physical education class... gym teacher grabs my dad whilst dad is fully clothed in regular school clothes and throws my dad into the showers...
    this was dad's last class of the day... so it being febuary and well below freezing, dad walks home, over a mile in weather very cold.

dad walks into his house to find his mom cooking dinner. grandma is fit to be tied when she sees and hear what had happened. "you just wait until your father gets home, he will have a talk with that gym teacher"...... and he did.

harold about had a heart attack in the father's office, principal's office... im paying good money for my son to attend this school. if i ever see that gym class teacher im killin the guy, this and that, harold freakin out like all good WWII veterans do. you get me that p.e. class teacher guy and you get him in here now, as he shouts at the priest guy in charge of the school.

then weeks or months or years later,,, same priest...bust ya smokin,,,boom he'd punch ya square in the gut and slap ya across the face several times.

in this school they had boxing. he, the priest, was the boxing coach.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • Options
    ShawshankShawshank Posts: 1,018
    This guy is probably going to get unlimited spoonfuls of semen in prison I'm sure. I sometimes wonder what happens in the wiring of someone's brain that causes them to do something like this. I mean what must have happened to this guy as a kid? Are people just inherently born like this, or is it something that evolves from experiences that may have been even worse than what he is doing?
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,298
    We have become numb as a nation everyday you hear/read about more & more dispicable crimes ....

This fuck should just be dead but hi's not instead he will end up in a cell wich cost alot to the tax payers .....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    Thirty Bills, this isn't said facetiously - you're to be commended for giving a shit (and that shouldn't even HAVE to be said). I had some stellar teachers growing up who gave of themselves so much, but many of the kids couldn't be bothered. I'm glad they focused on those who wanted to learn, who were open to it. I think that's part of the problem too...and stems from many points, I'm sure.

I'm not sure how tenure works in Canada. What do you think of it being so difficult to get rid of a tenured teacher who's doing a shit job? Or of the POS subject of this thread being entitled to receive close to $4,000 a month in pension because he didn't "fraudently earn it"?

PS to chadwick...holy shit, man.
  • Options
    hedonist wrote:
    Thirty Bills, this isn't said facetiously - you're to be commended for giving a shit (and that shouldn't even HAVE to be said). I had some stellar teachers growing up who gave of themselves so much, but many of the kids couldn't be bothered. I'm glad they focused on those who wanted to learn, who were open to it. I think that's part of the problem too...and stems from many points, I'm sure.

I'm not sure how tenure works in Canada. What do you think of it being so difficult to get rid of a tenured teacher who's doing a shit job? Or of the POS subject of this thread being entitled to receive close to $4,000 a month in pension because he didn't "fraudently earn it"?

PS to chadwick...holy shit, man.

I'm all for accountability. I'm not sure exactly what that would look like given the difficulty in measuring 'teaching', but there must be a method for making teachers accountable and I would endorse any technique that would reasonably do so. Test scores and results for students cannot be the sole determinant in measuring the effectiveness or worth of a teacher. These do tell something, but several factors outside of the teacher's domain contribute to student success (or failure).

The shithead should have his pension go towards damages he has inflicted. It's not the law (which strives so hard to protect the rights of the criminal), but I feel he's not entitled to anything- he's forfeited all. If I had my way... he'd be dangling from a noose.