Options

The National Football League

Comments

• Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,735
    Yeah, I don't get why the PAT needed to be played.  I understand it's the rule, but why?  There's no time on the clock. A blocked return cannot tie or win the game.  It's over.  What's the point?

Another NFL rule that makes zero sense.  
  • Options
    Yeah, I don't get why the PAT needed to be played.  I understand it's the rule, but why?  There's no time on the clock. A blocked return cannot tie or win the game.  It's over.  What's the point?

Another NFL rule that makes zero sense.  
    I wonder if it has something to do with the heavy amount of betting that goes on?
  • Options
    The home team doesn't bat in the bottom of the 9th if they are winning (the game is over).

Kicking the extra point when there is no time remaining is senseless. The NFL never used to insist on it. In this event... it was comedy and took away from the magnitude of the moment. The NFL had better sit down in the off-season and rethink some of these stupid rules (the catch... meaningless extra points).
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,447
    Poncier said:
    Wobbie said:
    so......in order to win another SB, trump’s buddy will have to beat blake bortles and either case keenum or nick foles? if it happens, it will be an asterisk win.
    So the Cowgirls therefore have asterisks for their SB victories over a geriatric Craig Morton, Frank Reich and Neil O'Donnell, right?
    That's 3 out of 5 asterisked. 

altho I don’t recall exactly, I’d bet the Cowboys beat better caliber QBs than marriota and bortles to GET TO their SBs.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    I read yesterday that during the regular season, in regulation time, the extra point needs to be run because point differential is tie breaker for playoff seeding. This wasn't the regular season, just stupid.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    Wobbie said:
    Poncier said:
    Wobbie said:
    so......in order to win another SB, trump’s buddy will have to beat blake bortles and either case keenum or nick foles? if it happens, it will be an asterisk win.
    So the Cowgirls therefore have asterisks for their SB victories over a geriatric Craig Morton, Frank Reich and Neil O'Donnell, right?

altho I don’t recall exactly, I’d bet the Cowboys beat better caliber QBs than marriota and bortles to GET TO their SBs.
    '92 they beat Randall Cunningham and MVP Steve Young
    '93 they beat Brett Favre and Young
    '95 they beat Cunningham and MVP Favre

• Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,213
    JK_Livin said:
    I read yesterday that during the regular season, in regulation time, the extra point needs to be run because point differential is tie breaker for playoff seeding. This wasn't the regular season, just stupid.
    Really? So we had one of the greatest plays in history followed by one of the stupidest moments in sports history. It's the equivalent to having the next batter hit in baseball after the walk off.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    Wobbie said:
    Poncier said:
    Wobbie said:

Bunch of JV QB's...
  • Options
    Wobbie said:
    Poncier said:
    Wobbie said:

thanks, dyer!

no easy paths, back in the day.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,230
    Wobbie said:
    Wobbie said:
    Poncier said:
    Wobbie said:

thanks, dyer!

no easy paths, back in the day.

Sample size, fellas.

Perhaps if the Cowboys made it to 7 straight championship games and/or 12 in total, some of those paths might've been easier than others. 

Fuck the Cowboys.

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123
    FUCK the cowboys. Enough said.
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • Options
    Would people really hate the Cowboys so much if that human garbage bag Jerry Jones wasn't the owner? He's terrible. I didn't mind Jimmy Johnson under him, but Switzer was another minion that seemed like they could be brothers.
  • Options
    tbergs said:
    Would people really hate the Cowboys so much if that human garbage bag Jerry Jones wasn't the owner? He's terrible. I didn't mind Jimmy Johnson under him, but Switzer was another minion that seemed like they could be brothers.

As an Eagles fan, my hatred was ingrained from birth, well before Jones took over. It great substantially after he got there though. One of my earliest moments of hatred for them was when they used their regular players during the '87 strike and ran up the scoreboard against scrub replacement players. Beating them later that year with all the regular players back was such a satisfying feeling.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    tbergs said:
    Switzer is the reason that the Cowboys didn't win MORE championships!

• Options
    tbergs said:

As an Eagles fan, my hatred was ingrained from birth, well before Jones took over. It great substantially after he got there though. One of my earliest moments of hatred for them was when they used their regular players during the '87 strike and ran up the scoreboard against scrub replacement players. Beating them later that year with all the regular players back was such a satisfying feeling.

just so you know, the redskins have forever been, and will forever be, my most hated NFC East opponent. eagles are probably my least hated. maybe if they had ever won anything... :wink:

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Wobbie said:
    tbergs said:

just so you know, the redskins have forever been, and will forever be, my most hated NFC East opponent. eagles are probably my least hated. maybe if they had ever won anything... :wink:

Just so you know, because the Cowboys have been largely bad for more than 2 decades now, the Giants are pretty much considered the Eagles biggest rivals around here. We're so used to the Cowboys shooting themselves in the foot.  wink.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,598
    Wobbie said:
    tbergs said:

Just so you know, because the Cowboys have been largely bad for more than 2 decades now, the Giants are pretty much considered the Eagles biggest rivals around here. We're so used to the Cowboys shooting themselves in the foot.  wink.
    As they should be.  I always thought the amount of hatred the Cowboys get around here was a bit strange given the Giants are less than 90 miles up the road.

• Options
    tbergs said:
    Being a childhood Redskins-turned-49ers fan... I have plenty more reasons to hate the Cowboys than that Clint-Eastwood-with-skin-cancer lookin' motherfucker.
  • Options
    Wobbie said:
    tbergs said:

As they should be.  I always thought the amount of hatred the Cowboys get around here was a bit strange given the Giants are less than 90 miles up the road.

I don't think you have lived here long enough to understand.

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Wobbie said:
    tbergs said:

Apparently not. After almost 12 years here, a lot of things I don't understand...like why does everyone wear sweat pants in public ALL the time.
  • Options
    JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Wobbie said:
    tbergs said:

Apparently not. After almost 12 years here, a lot of things I don't understand...like why does everyone wear sweat pants in public ALL the time.
    The eternal summer of George
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Options
    DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123
    edited January 2018
    I'm a buffalo bills fan. So my hatred of the cowboys has nothing to do with Jerry Jones in particular. I just hate them. And the dolphins. 
    Post edited by Degeneratefk on
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,615
    Hahahaha.  Sweatpants.  
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    Wobbie said:
    tbergs said:

That's funny!

My sister visits from Seattle and asks "why do all the girls wear ugzz and sweatpants?"

I reply "that's the style out here."

She says "NY is supposed to be known for 'style' and this is not what I was thinking..."
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,615
    Wobbie said:
    tbergs said:

That's funny!

My sister visits from Seattle and asks "why do all the girls wear ugzz and sweatpants?"

I reply "that's the style out here."

She says "NY is supposed to be known for 'style' and this is not what I was thinking..."
    Funny that she would say that...when living out West I had some key accounts in WA and used to visit many times per year.  The girls there wore baggy sweaters/sweatshirts and jeans.  That is a generalization...obviously all of them did not, but enough for it to stick out.

I don't think Cliffy was talking about millennial girls, I think he was talking about guidos.

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,219
    Wobbie said:
    Poncier said:
    Wobbie said:

'71 they beat the tandem of Gary Cuozzo & Bob Lee of the Vikings then John Brodie of the 49ers

'77 they beat Bob Avellini of the Bears then Bob Lee of the Vikings

That's some HOF talent, eh

This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    John Brodie was the shit and was MVP the year prior.  When he retired he had the 3rd most passing yards of all time, behind only Unitas and Tarkenton.  But you were talking about the 90s dynasty anyway, why bring up the 70s?

P.S. - I hate the Cowboys and I actually don't mind the Patriots, but Wobbie has a point.
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,219
    John Brodie was the shit and was MVP the year prior.  When he retired he had the 3rd most passing yards of all time, behind only Unitas and Tarkenton.  But you were talking about the 90s dynasty anyway, why bring up the 70s?

P.S. - I hate the Cowboys and I actually don't mind the Patriots, but Wobbie has a point.

I wasn't talking about only the 90's Cowboys, I referenced when they beat Craig Morton in 77.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Apparently it was the offenses' 42 points against the Jags that was the cause for them losing...
  • Options
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©