The National Football League

Comments

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,248
    igotid88 said:
    DewieCox said:
    DewieCox said:
    Manning= GOAT 

Manning is one of the all time greats, but no way is he the GOAT.  The 2 Super Bowls he won were courtesy of Rex Grossman and the Denver D.

Manning had a few skill players here and there, but mostly those Colts team were totally dependent on him, and there weren’t many game where he had an opportunity and blew it. He never had a great head coach and he was the oc. 

Brady’s 5 wins are courtesy of Belichek’s and Pete Carrols coaching, Vinatieri’s leg and aat miniumim well rounded Pats roster.
    Boom. System QB

Just like Joe Montana. Couple of scrubs!
    Buncha frauds.  System QBs. Brady has BB and Joe Montana has a revolutionary offense under Bill Walsh.  

You're a Jets fan?
    Big blue big blue big blue 
    Ahhh, no wonder you speak of system quarterbacks, backups, and game managers so freely. :lol:

He would have 10 Super Bowl wins if he was playing in New England under Belichick
    You guys! Listen to igotid88! He is the most honest and objective observer of Eli Manning on this forum. If he says Eli Manning would have won 10 Super Bowls with the Patriots---then by god he would have. Hell, Eli Manning is so great, wouldn't shock me if he would have won at least 12 or 13 with the Pats. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    DewieCox said:
    DewieCox said:
    Manning= GOAT 

Manning is one of the all time greats, but no way is he the GOAT.  The 2 Super Bowls he won were courtesy of Rex Grossman and the Denver D.

Manning had a few skill players here and there, but mostly those Colts team were totally dependent on him, and there weren’t many game where he had an opportunity and blew it. He never had a great head coach and he was the oc. 

Brady’s 5 wins are courtesy of Belichek’s and Pete Carrols coaching, Vinatieri’s leg and aat miniumim well rounded Pats roster.
    Boom. System QB

Buncha frauds.  System QBs. Brady has BB and Joe Montana has a revolutionary offense under Bill Walsh.  

You're a Jets fan?
    Ahhh, no wonder you speak of system quarterbacks, backups, and game managers so freely. :lol:

He would have 10 Super Bowl wins if he was playing in New England under Belichick
    He would have been out the door real quick.
    You're looking at it with what you perceive him to be and not what he would be under Belichick's system
    Would you be so kind as to explain to the rest of us what defensive genius, Bill Belichick's offensive system is? Asking for a friend.....thanks
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,295

igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    DewieCox said:
    DewieCox said:
    Manning= GOAT 

Boom. System QB

You're a Jets fan?

You're looking at it with what you perceive him to be and not what he would be under Belichick's system
    Would you be so kind as to explain to the rest of us what defensive genius, Bill Belichick's offensive system is? Asking for a friend.....thanks
    I meant the whole system. finding the right players. discipline on the lines. not making penalties at the wrong times.  a lot of the small things. That's why backups were able to win. 
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    igotid88 said:

igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    DewieCox said:
    DewieCox said:
    Manning= GOAT 

Boom. System QB

You're a Jets fan?

I meant the whole system. finding the right players. discipline on the lines. not making penalties at the wrong times.  a lot of the small things. That's why backups were able to win. 
    "Back ups were able to win" So because Casell went 10-6 one year 10 years ago and they got by for a month last year with Garrapolo (who by the way is a pretty good quarterback) that negates almost 2 decades of sheer brilliance by Tom Brady? You're familiar with the term, small sample size by any chance? 

And now you mean "the whole system?" What, like the whole team? Seems like you're changing your story. At first it seemed like there was an offensive system in New England that turns average quarterbacks into the greatest quarterbacks to ever play the game. Now, it's just that they've always had good teams basically? 

The Pats went a long stretch of drafting poorly which led to a lot of average at best defenses, that Brady was still able to win with.
    He's won up there when they did not have excellent play makers around him and when they did. He's turned players like Dion Lewis who got cut by the Eagles and others like him into integral parts of super bowl winning teams. He makes the players around him better. He's won when they were more of a running offense and he's won when they've been more pass happy. All the Super Bowl's he's won have been won by 2 scores or less, so he's clutch as well. The guy just wins. And hedoesn't throw nearly as many interceptions as Eli Manning. Get over it. Him and Montana are the two best to ever play the position (until Carson Wentz eclipses both of them in 15 years)....regardless of the "systems" they played in.
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,448
    I just realized who ed##### is :lol:
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    interceptions like yards passing are flawed in that it all the depends on the receiver or defense covering that receiver. With interceptions it doesn't matter if the qb hits his receiver. If the receiver doesn't handle the ball or gives up his route. The qb gets stuck with the interception. Some qbs are put into more situations where they have to pass and the defense knows that. You sometimes have to force it between 3 defenders when you have no time to throw. And 20 games is still a good sample size. And Jacoby Brissett? would have gone 2-0 of he wasn't playing with a hurt shoulder I believe. They barely loss that game. 
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    E-rock, those pics....tears to my eyes
      Well done!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    igotid88 said:
    interceptions like yards passing are flawed in that it all the depends on the receiver or defense covering that receiver. With interceptions it doesn't matter if the qb hits his receiver. If the receiver doesn't handle the ball or gives up his route. The qb gets stuck with the interception. Some qbs are put into more situations where they have to pass and the defense knows that. You sometimes have to force it between 3 defenders when you have no time to throw. And 20 games is still a good sample size. And Jacoby Brissett? would have gone 2-0 of he wasn't playing with a hurt shoulder I believe. They barely loss that game. 

You do nothing but make excuse after excuse for Eli Manning. Just accept him for what he is---a pretty good quarterback who is as clutch as they come in the post season. Guy's won 2 super bowls. He doesn't need you to make excuses for him.

(And they were shut out in that second Brissett game. Zero points)

Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,598
    igotid88 said:

igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:
    DewieCox said:
    DewieCox said:
    Manning= GOAT 

Boom. System QB

You're a Jets fan?

"Back ups were able to win" So because Casell went 10-6 one year 10 years ago and they got by for a month last year with Garrapolo (who by the way is a pretty good quarterback) that negates almost 2 decades of sheer brilliance by Tom Brady? You're familiar with the term, small sample size by any chance? 

And now you mean "the whole system?" What, like the whole team? Seems like you're changing your story. At first it seemed like there was an offensive system in New England that turns average quarterbacks into the greatest quarterbacks to ever play the game. Now, it's just that they've always had good teams basically? 

The Pats went a long stretch of drafting poorly which led to a lot of average at best defenses, that Brady was still able to win with.
    He's won up there when they did not have excellent play makers around him and when they did. He's turned players like Dion Lewis who got cut by the Eagles and others like him into integral parts of super bowl winning teams. He makes the players around him better. He's won when they were more of a running offense and he's won when they've been more pass happy. All the Super Bowl's he's won have been won by 2 scores or less, so he's clutch as well. The guy just wins. And hedoesn't throw nearly as many interceptions as Eli Manning. Get over it. Him and Montana are the two best to ever play the position (until Carson Wentz eclipses both of them in 15 years)....regardless of the "systems" they played in.
    Who knew tom Brady's mom is a ten club member?
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    igotid88 said:

You do nothing but make excuse after excuse for Eli Manning. Just accept him for what he is---a pretty good quarterback who is as clutch as they come in the post season. Guy's won 2 super bowls. He doesn't need you to make excuses for him.

Not making excuses. Yes he's had bad games. I've seen him play great and we would still lose. Defenses lose games, special teams lose games, and getting penalties in crucial moments lose games.  And Jacoby hurt his shoulder the previous game. Without looking it up I think they lost 16-0. Everyone said that game was closer than they thought it would be. 

Put Eli in the Patriots the last 13 years. He has about 80 more wins. Whether or not he has 6 super bowl rings. Probably not. But he will have some.
    Post edited by igotid88 on
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:

Not making excuses. Yes he's had bad games. I've seen him play great and we would still lose. Defenses lose games, special teams lose games, and getting penalties in crucial moments lose games.  And Jacoby hurt his shoulder the previous game. Without looking it up I think they lost 16-0. Everyone said that game was closer than they thought it would be. 

Put Eli in the Patriots the last 13 years. He has about 80 more wins. Whether or not he has 6 super bowl rings. Probably not. But he will have some.
    I can't imagine being a fan of a quarterback and a team who has won 2 Super Bowls in the last 10 years and still feeling as slighted as you appear to feel regarding your quarterback. No offense man, but you are bat shit crazy if you think Eli is on par with Tom Brady....and that is not even a knock on Eli. But he's not in the same ball park as the all time greats. He's just not. 

As an Eagles fan, Tony Romo instilled more fear in me than Eli Manning did.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:

I can't imagine being a fan of a quarterback and a team who has won 2 Super Bowls in the last 10 years and still feeling as slighted as you appear to feel regarding your quarterback. No offense man, but you are bat shit crazy if you think Eli is on par with Tom Brady....and that is not even a knock on Eli. But he's not in the same ball park as the all time greats. He's just not. 

As an Eagles fan, Tony Romo instilled more fear in me than Eli Manning did.
    nevermind
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:

You better get off the pipe.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2017/10/15/16464404/tom-brady-wins-record

For Eli to have “80 more wins” over the same 13 years would require him to go undefeated in the regular season and playoffs and still need part of another season to “have 80 more wins than Brady.” Like I said, you better get off the pipe.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Brilliantati©
  • Options

For Eli to have “80 more wins” over the same 13 years would require him to go undefeated in the regular season and playoffs and still need part of another season to “have 80 more wins than Brady.” Like I said, you better get off the pipe.
    I never said 80 more wins than Brady. I meant 80 more wins than Eli himself already has.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    igotid88 said:

I never said 80 more wins than Brady. I meant 80 more wins than Eli himself already has.
    I stand corrected. Still, you better get off the pipe.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    igotid88 said:

I don't smoke. And I'm not buying a bridge. 
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    igotid88 said:
    igotid88 said:

I don't smoke. And I'm not buying a bridge. 
    Ha! But you’re trying to sell one.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    Watch the Denver Broncos vs. Indianapolis Colts at Lucas Oil Stadium, Indianapolis, IN http://amzn.to/2kv2fM9
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,631
    Wobbie said:
    I just realized who ed##### is :lol:
    Hello, old friend

last time I saw you your gash was bleeding and pig was too fat to shit 

good times

The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    Pig is still too fat to shit.
  • Options
    Pogano is such crap.  They need to shit can him.  I bet on the Broncos and I'm still pissed.  Lol.
  • Options
    ehbaconehbacon Posts: 1,964
    Hey I made a new thing for the Rodgers return. I know you guys aren't Packers fans but if anyone wants to check it out and let me know how the edit is that would mean a lot.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVEODmddevM&t=6s
    Listen to some of my music here (if you want to): [url="My soundcloud"]
  • Options
    RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,204
    ehbacon said:
    Hey I made a new thing for the Rodgers return. I know you guys aren't Packers fans but if anyone wants to check it out and let me know how the edit is that would mean a lot.
    I am a Packers fan and I thought it was pretty badass.
  • Options
    RiotZact said:
    ehbacon said:
    Thanks! Pumped for tomorrow!
  • Options
  • Options
    ehbacon said:
    RiotZact said:
    ehbacon said:
    Thanks! Pumped for tomorrow!
    I don’t get the game here in western PA, Eagles instead  :|
  • Options
    And once again the Packer’s defense gives Rodgers absolutely no chance to win late in a game. And once again he we be blamed for not being clutch enough. 
  • Options
    3 picks, he didn't have it today. Very disappointing.
  • Options
    Tough call at the end of that Packers game. I would have called it incomplete, but it could've gone either way. 
    Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16