Options

The National Football League

Comments

• Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,225
    JimmyV said:

g under p said:

Say I wonder did that kid show up to the PATRIOTS parade with his sign 10 championship parades 13 years old? Something like that, even as a Patriot fan that kid could use a, oops up side your head. He has no idea how long of a drought the Bruins, Celtics and Red Sox went through.....There's been no suffering for that youngster.

Peace

Yep, that kid was back again and you're not wrong.

My favorite was this guy in Copley Square (no, it wasn't me) holding up his dog so it could get a batter view of the parade.

That pooch looks an awful lot like the one in your avatar Jimmy, something you'd like to tell us?
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,122
    edited February 2017
    ^^^^That guy holding up his dog is too funny.

https://youtu.be/PT5YY-OtuiE

PATRIOTS on that list FOUR TIMES.

Peace
    Post edited by g under p on
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,918
    Poncier said:

JimmyV said:

g under p said:

Say I wonder did that kid show up to the PATRIOTS parade with his sign 10 championship parades 13 years old? Something like that, even as a Patriot fan that kid could use a, oops up side your head. He has no idea how long of a drought the Bruins, Celtics and Red Sox went through.....There's been no suffering for that youngster.

Peace

Yep, that kid was back again and you're not wrong.

My favorite was this guy in Copley Square (no, it wasn't me) holding up his dog so it could get a batter view of the parade.

That pooch looks an awful lot like the one in your avatar Jimmy, something you'd like to tell us?
    Ha! That kid with his ten parades sign is still going but this old fella is not. Best seat in the house for a victory parade, especially one on a wet and snowy February day, is in my house. That's where me and my dog watched from. :smile:

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/boston-sign-kid-is-back-for-another-patriots-super-bowl-parade-020717

Here's the teen having a good time on the way to the parade. He sure put that sign together quickly. I really like his old school Patriot Jersey and of course his.....

Peace sign
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,275
    Wobbie said:

Voice still recovering 2 days later - best game I've ever gone to - perhaps even better than PJ shows! The smack talking at halftime from Falcons fans was funny.

How were the falcon fans as they watched it slip away and post game?
    Don't be a sore winner. Worse fan of all is that.
    I've experienced the highest of highs and lowest of lows. 2003 Game 7 of the ALCS and being at game 4 of the 2004 ALCS. And being a broncos fan during Elway's first three Super Bowls. No sore winner at all. Did they stream for the exits? Stick around for the celebration? Break shit? Stunned silence? I wasn't in the stadium and the tv broadcast focused on the celebration. The really great thing was goodell being booed of stage.

I do know this much, Atlanta will be back. Ryan's a good QB and they have a young talented team.
    Allow me to interject....you are a Patriots fan now, but were a Broncos fan back in the Elway years?

Care to explain yourself?
    I grew up a New England fan during their long 2-12 season after season, couldn't even watch them on tv due to the blackout rule. Moved to Colorado in 82 and became a broncos fan when Elway started. Still rooted for the Pats, particularly their surprise run to the SB in 85 but then they got blown out and the broncos started competing. Moved back to New England in 88 and I rooted for both teams. Went to Sullivan stadium and saw elway's broncos beat the pats 9-6 after having seen a shoot out at mile high prior to moving back. If it's Pats/broncos, I'm a pats fan first. Broncos any other time. I know most people have an NFC/AFC favorite but I have both in the AFC. Also, I was born in Aspen and I remember the Broncos and the Orange Crush as a 12 year old. So when I moved to Colorado, as a returning native, rooting for the broncos seemed okay. Being in Colorado for the 85 pats loss and 86 sox loss hurt just as bad as what falcons fans are feeling now, I imagine. And I saw Springsteen at mile high, the dead at red rocks and U2 at McNichols during those years so it wasn't all bad. And I skied my ass off.
    denied.

I've lived in 5 states.....stuck with the cowboys the whole time.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options

Wobbie said:

Voice still recovering 2 days later - best game I've ever gone to - perhaps even better than PJ shows! The smack talking at halftime from Falcons fans was funny.

How were the falcon fans as they watched it slip away and post game?
    Don't be a sore winner. Worse fan of all is that.
    I've experienced the highest of highs and lowest of lows. 2003 Game 7 of the ALCS and being at game 4 of the 2004 ALCS. And being a broncos fan during Elway's first three Super Bowls. No sore winner at all. Did they stream for the exits? Stick around for the celebration? Break shit? Stunned silence? I wasn't in the stadium and the tv broadcast focused on the celebration. The really great thing was goodell being booed of stage.

I do know this much, Atlanta will be back. Ryan's a good QB and they have a young talented team.
    Allow me to interject....you are a Patriots fan now, but were a Broncos fan back in the Elway years?

Care to explain yourself?
    I grew up a New England fan during their long 2-12 season after season, couldn't even watch them on tv due to the blackout rule. Moved to Colorado in 82 and became a broncos fan when Elway started. Still rooted for the Pats, particularly their surprise run to the SB in 85 but then they got blown out and the broncos started competing. Moved back to New England in 88 and I rooted for both teams. Went to Sullivan stadium and saw elway's broncos beat the pats 9-6 after having seen a shoot out at mile high prior to moving back. If it's Pats/broncos, I'm a pats fan first. Broncos any other time. I know most people have an NFC/AFC favorite but I have both in the AFC. Also, I was born in Aspen and I remember the Broncos and the Orange Crush as a 12 year old. So when I moved to Colorado, as a returning native, rooting for the broncos seemed okay. Being in Colorado for the 85 pats loss and 86 sox loss hurt just as bad as what falcons fans are feeling now, I imagine. And I saw Springsteen at mile high, the dead at red rocks and U2 at McNichols during those years so it wasn't all bad. And I skied my ass off.
    denied.

Currently living in Florida I've got that beaten 6 states STILL ALL BEANTOWN.

Peace

• Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    edited February 2017
    People can like whatever sports teams they want to like for whatever reason and they don't need to give anyone any explanation as to why. The idea that there are rules you need to follow to be a fan of a sports team is ridiculous. That whole "sports fan fraud" thread is nothing but a load of crap.

EDIT: I'm not claiming that makes you exempt from ridicule for doing so, just that you can like whoever you want.
    Post edited by HesCalledDyer on
  • Options
    That's true but they've been a few seriously fraudulent fans on here in the past though and were here as annoying as ever.

Peace

• Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    Wobbie said:

denied.

Yet none were Texas :pensive:
  • Options
    WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,463
    norm said:

Wobbie said:

denied.

that's cuz I've never been a slave to the fraudulent notion that "I live here, I have to like the team here." fuck that. a buncha fucking sheep is what that is.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    :rofl:

A little defensive this morning :tongue:
  • Options
    northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,735
    edited February 2017
    Wobbie said:

norm said:

Wobbie said:

denied.

that's cuz I've never been a slave to the fraudulent notion that "I live here, I have to like the team here." fuck that. a buncha fucking sheep is what that is.
    This is very true, I was born and raised in BC and I'm a Habs, Patriots, Tide fan. I do like the BC Lions though so I guess I did kinda succumb on that one.

But on the other side of that I did have a secondary team in the Avalanche for the length of Roy's career with them and I have a feeling that unless it is Patriots v Falcons the Falcons are going to be my secondary NFL team as well.
    Post edited by northerndragon on
    Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,190

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,601
    Berine Madoff would be jealous of all this fraudulence!
  • Options

People can like whatever sports teams they want to like for whatever reason and they don't need to give anyone any explanation as to why. The idea that there are rules you need to follow to be a fan of a sports team is ridiculous. That whole "sports fan fraud" thread is nothing but a load of crap.

EDIT: I'm not claiming that makes you exempt from ridicule for doing so, just that you can like whoever you want.

I'll see you in hell
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Wobbie said:

norm said:

Wobbie said:

denied.

Though I wish it was a requirement to be from Indiana to be a Notre Dame fan. You'd never have to hear from that annoying fan base!
  • Options

I'll see you in hell
    Haha, sorry Juggler. It's no sleight against you, I promise!
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123

• Options
    GO BRONCRIOTS!!!!!!!

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Amongst the AniAmongst the Ani @Wobbie Posts: 7,790
    Wobbie said:

GO BRONCRIOTS!!!!!!!

This comes from the man that doomed the Giants with his love of other teams. Even after it was pointed out they had the best record in baseball when you started your love affair and then had that horrific slide afterwards you chose to not repent to the baseball gods. I will never forgive you for single handidly ending the even year streak.

Faxxxi, keep being you.
    Tom Brady & Donald Trump, BFF's
    Fuckus rules all
    Rob
    Seattle
  • Options

It was different back in the day when players played their careers on the team they were drafted by.

With personnel changing dramatically every year with many teams, it's hard to expect undying loyalty from the common fan.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options

Wobbie said:

GO BRONCRIOTS!!!!!!!

This comes from the man that doomed the Giants with his love of other teams. Even after it was pointed out they had the best record in baseball when you started your love affair and then had that horrific slide afterwards you chose to not repent to the baseball gods. I will never forgive you for single handidly ending the even year streak.

Faxxxi, keep being you.
    hey, dipshit...I got off of a NL team for an AL team. halifax likes two AFC teams.

VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Options
    Wobbie said:

Wobbie said:

GO BRONCRIOTS!!!!!!!

Faxxxi, keep being you.
    hey, dipshit...I got off of a NL team for an AL team. halifax likes two AFC teams.
    I'm unique that way.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    "Unique...? What's that, Latin for asshole?"
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,633
    Bidding war for Garrapollo

Good times!
    The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

• Options
    Wobbie said:

Wobbie said:

GO BRONCRIOTS!!!!!!!

Faxxxi, keep being you.
    This thread is giving me heartburn.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    ed243421 said:

Bidding war for Garrapollo

Good times!

What was it about those draft picks again, Roger?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    Rams new helmet. Pretty meh, but compared to the old ones it's a major upgrade.

• Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,190
    option A

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• Options
    Future Broncos QB Tony Romo to be released. Denver will be SB favorites until week 9 when Romo's shoulder explodes again.