Options

Thanks to all and an update on my wife

Comments

• Options
    thinking about and praying for you and your wife! hope things turn up for you guys soon.
    'You know time is long, and life is short.
    Begin to live while you still can.'

While we have the gift of life, it seems to me the only tragedy is to allow part of us to die - whether it is our spirit, our creativity or our glorious uniqueness.-Gilda Radner
  • Options
    thinking about and praying for you and your wife! hope things turn up for you guys soon.
    'You know time is long, and life is short.
    Begin to live while you still can.'

While we have the gift of life, it seems to me the only tragedy is to allow part of us to die - whether it is our spirit, our creativity or our glorious uniqueness.-Gilda Radner
  • Options
    Ugh I was on a PICC line for a month in 2010. It SUCKED. You get so fucking ridiculously hungry even though your body feels full ( I had it for total parenteral nutrition), I assume she has it for antibiotics? Its scary just thinking that its a tube going into your fucking heart man!

All the best.
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • Options
    ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    Sending lots of positive thoughts and energy accross the sea.
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,158
    My prayers and thoughts are for you and your wife...i hope all goes well..think positive and from my heart i wish you all the best ...
    Dimitris
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Ernie VedderErnie Vedder Redlands, CA Posts: 2,226
    I will pray for a speedy recovery.
    A54CDC74-AB63-4EC8-9B55-3658DDD136FC-13112-000005CA4B5AFE40_zps094ecfbc.jpg
  • Options
    all the best..i hope things gets better..much love..
    Dimitris
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    hensodhensod Posts: 192
    Senig you and you wife some love and hope!
    ISO, vinyl: Avocado, Binural, Riot Act, Lost Dogs, Benny
  • Options
    paysonitespaysonites The Rim Country Posts: 1,150

We really appreciate it...Thanks
    John and Shawna
  • Options
    Ugh I was on a PICC line for a month in 2010. It SUCKED. You get so fucking ridiculously hungry even though your body feels full ( I had it for total parenteral nutrition), I assume she has it for antibiotics? Its scary just thinking that its a tube going into your fucking heart man!

All the best.

Wow!!! You really do understand. Yeah it's freakin crazy. Everyday feels like it is flying by so so fast. There is just not enough time in the day for the phone calls, work, the kids and most important right now her care. She's allergic to the tape that holds on the line. It's driving her crazy. Even the hypoallergenic one. I feel for her..
    Thanks for posting
    John and Shawna
  • Options
    Claireack wrote:
    Sending lots of positive thoughts and energy accross the sea.

+10,000
    John and Shawna
  • Options
    EmBleveEmBleve Posts: 3,019
    Thoughts and prayers, and healing light and love to you and your wife. Best wishes.
  • Options
    My prayers and thoughts are for you and your wife...i hope all goes well..think positive and from my heart i wish you all the best ...
    Dimitris

Hey there Dimitris,

You are a very welcomed sight right now. Your support seems to always come at the perfect time. Thank you for taking the time to care. We've been feeling pretty alone lately....Thanks for your kindness.
    John and Shawna
  • Options
    I will pray for a speedy recovery.

Really feeling the support this morning. :D
    John and Shawna
  • Options
    hensod wrote:
    Senig you and you wife some love and hope!

Thank you...
    John and Shawna
  • Options
    EmBleve wrote:
    Thoughts and prayers, and healing light and love to you and your wife. Best wishes.

It means a lot right now. Thanks
    John and Shawna
  • Options
    Good morning,

I wanted to take some time and give a quick update. A few day's ago our nurse screwed up and did blood work to soon. It's complicated but it appeared Shawna was overdosing on her antibiotics. I stayed up till 3:30 am that morning drowning her with fluids to clean out her body/kidneys. In addition to that we had to go to the E.R. for four hours that day. Her pick line had moved a while back when she had a cold (due to coughing)from her heart all the way up to her jugular vein. Which isn't life threatening but uncomfortable none the less. Plus she could hear the medicine being injected in her ears somehow. An X-Ray was done at the E.R. while we were there and the line moved back to where it's supposed to be.
    We'll know in about a week or so if the antibiotics have cleared what is a three and a half inch infection/blockage in her fourth heart chamber/valve. The treatments last six weeks and we had it checked after four and a half and it is still there. So it would take a lot at this point to dissolve/flush out this infection.
    I tried Facebook for the first time and it's amazing the outcome. I've never used it before so I went to her page. She has all of her family and friends on there. I started doing all these updates and filling people in. To my shock out of the 60-80 people on there only three responded to all of the news. It's amazing how cold and heartless people can be that she's known all of her lives. I know everybody responds differently to this kind of stuff but only three responses. I don't know I guess you really find out who cares and who doesn't when there is a life threatening problem going on.
    I have had similar experiences as well. We have our direct family calling but it just doesn't seem like it's enough. It seems like the freakin phone should be ringing off the hook, mail coming in or something to the sorts. I know she is hurt and that hurts me deeply. All I want for her is the one's that care the most around her right now and it's not happening.
    On a brighter note...She has been reading along with me the posts here and is amazed by how much love is coming through. You know for the past two years now I thought it was just the music of Pearl Jam getting us through life's darkest moments but I was wrong. It is also the fans of the greatest rock band in the world that are getting us through as well. Thanks to all for brightening our day's and helping us through this very dark period. We really appreciate all of you..

John and Shawna....
    John and Shawna
  • Options
    I just got a call from a nutcase. I recently made the front page of our local newspaper with a picture of us attached. I found a missing and endangered Alzheimer patient. It was in the paper a few weeks ago. It was truly an amazing experience. When I get some time I'll share the story if I can figure out how to post it. The story had a lot of info. on my wife's condition. This older lady called up very emotional telling me that her mom died at the age of 8, her dad at 14 all of her brothers and her sister from doctors mistakes. She said her sis had one heart surgery then needed another and then a third. Recently she passed. She did a speal about vitamins and such. She begged me not to let the anticipated open heart surgery be done. Damn her voice and the conversation really freaking freaked me out and put me in a really bad place. I'm going to work right now to get out this craziness. I know I'm probably being a little bit more open on this forum then I should be but it's my release.
    John and Shawna
  • Options
    Had a thought...Can anybody suggest the easiest way to post a pic on here? I've never done it before. That way you can put the faces with the posts. Or is that not a good idea? Safe etc?
    John and Shawna
  • Options
    paysonites wrote:
    Had a thought...Can anybody suggest the easiest way to post a pic on here? I've never done it before. That way you can put the faces with the posts. Or is that not a good idea? Safe etc?
    StillHere wrote:
    i use http://www.photobucket.com

go there, click upload
    choose the photo(s) you want from your computer
    go to album
    you may have to click at the top of the photo and choose resize then 400x400 or smaller if your picture is larger than that cuz this forum will only allow you to post that size or smaller
    then click on the IMG link next to your photo
    it will automatically copy
    come here and paste it

sounds complicated but its not

if you don't need to resize you only upload and view and click IMG code
  • Options
    paysonites wrote:
    StillHere wrote:
    i use http://www.photobucket.com

go there, click upload
    choose the photo(s) you want from your computer
    go to album
    you may have to click at the top of the photo and choose resize then 400x400 or smaller if your picture is larger than that cuz this forum will only allow you to post that size or smaller
    then click on the IMG link next to your photo
    it will automatically copy
    come here and paste it

Thank you so much I'll have time later. :D
    sounds complicated but its not

if you don't need to resize you only upload and view and click IMG code
    John and Shawna
  • Options
    SxDx1982SxDx1982 Posts: 124
    Hi... I just wanted to tell you that you are in my thoughts and prayers.
    I know someone who is on dialysis, and while it isn't as scary as what you guys are going through, it's still something that I can't stop worrying about, because I know that my friend is going to have to have transplant surgery at some point.
    I know it's hard, but you have to trust the doctors. The person who called you could even be lying, some people get real bitter about things and blame the doctors even when it's not their fault.

Love & Light,

Marja
    I'm still out here waiting
    Watching reruns of my life
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,619
    paysonites wrote:
    I just got a call from a nutcase. I recently made the front page of our local newspaper with a picture of us attached. I found a missing and endangered Alzheimer patient. It was in the paper a few weeks ago. It was truly an amazing experience. When I get some time I'll share the story if I can figure out how to post it. The story had a lot of info. on my wife's condition. This older lady called up very emotional telling me that her mom died at the age of 8, her dad at 14 all of her brothers and her sister from doctors mistakes. She said her sis had one heart surgery then needed another and then a third. Recently she passed. She did a speal about vitamins and such. She begged me not to let the anticipated open heart surgery be done. Damn her voice and the conversation really freaking freaked me out and put me in a really bad place. I'm going to work right now to get out this craziness. I know I'm probably being a little bit more open on this forum then I should be but it's my release.

Wow, dont let one person's experiences get you down! Good vibes coming your way, this is going to be a good week for you both!!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    paysonites wrote:
    My thoughts and prayers are with you and you're wife. I have had two family members diagnosed with and begin treatment for cancer these past few months and their attitudes have been amazingly positive. I mention this because I truly belive that a positive attitude helps keep a person strong, and from this post and your previous one you seem to have that mindset, despite the horrible situation you and your wife have continued to face. Continue to stay strong for both of you, and I hope your wife can make it through this. Praying for you both.
    Amy

Thank you so much for kindness and your openness. I know you are right and that positivity truly is the key. The roads may be similar in the fact that they are long. Staying strong and positive is the rock that can keep one from breaking. Life hasn't made sense for a very long time. About a year or so now. People in general meaning everyday life don't understand how hard and draining it is on the spouses or family. I have had a full plate for so long now that the strength seems to be dwindling at times. If you are close to these family members know that their spouses are needing strength too. I spent some time before responding to your post to think of them and you in a special way. I know how hard things can be and get so many many goods vibes to you and those that are close to you. I really appreciate your support and thank you.

Thank you for your thoughts in your time of need. Geography separates us as one family is in upstate NY and one is in S. Korea, but they are still family. They both have supportive spouses and they are strong positive people and are prepared to kick cancer's ass!
    I am sorry to read of your recent difficulties and I find I am at a loss for words having never personally gone through anything like what you and your wife are dealing with. Just continue to find strength wherever you can, even on the days when you feel exhausted and feel like there isn't any left. You are each other's strength, and in each other have an unending supply.
    Best wishes and healthy thoughts from Maine, Amy
  • Options
    Prayers and well wishes from Texas. Keep fighting, stay strong.

Andrea
  • Options
    mysticweedmysticweed Posts: 3,710
    i don't pray
    but i will say
    consider that loan
    a gift
    with my heart-felt wishes
    for things to get better
    for you and your family
    fuck 'em if they can't take a joke

"what a long, strange trip it's been"
  • Options
    i don't pray
    but i will say
    consider that loan
    a gift
    with my heart-felt wishes
    for things to get better
    for you and your family

PM sent
    John and Shawna
  • Options
    Prayers and well wishes from Texas. Keep fighting, stay strong.

Andrea

Thank you for your prayers and strength....
    John and Shawna
  • Options
    When the mind knows, we call it knowledge
    when the heart knows, we call it love.
    When the being knows, we call it prayer.
    ___Osha

You are a husband/father that has the knowledge and the love.
    Sending positive thoughts.

If you don't mind, I would like to send your kids a fun package, maybe it can bring some smiles to them. :D
    I don't need drugs to make my life tragic~E.V.
  • Options
    When the mind knows, we call it knowledge
    when the heart knows, we call it love.
    When the being knows, we call it prayer.
    ___Osha

You are a husband/father that has the knowledge and the love.
    Sending positive thoughts.

If you don't mind, I would like to send your kids a fun package, maybe it can bring some smiles to them. :D

PM sent
    John and Shawna