The Official Pink Floyd Thread

Comments

• Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    Addicted to Animals.
    Loving Dogs now.
    I listened to The Wall yesterday and it didn't really blow me away. There's a number of songs I like (In The Flesh?, Another Brick in the Wall part 2, Mother, Comfortably Numb, Run Like Hell). I said that about DSOTM and now I love it so maybe this one will grow on me. 

Yes, young jedi. Yes. Your training is coming along just fine.

The music will soon consume you. Don't skip to any songs. Play the album in its entirety. Headphones will enrich the experience.

The Final Cut also awaits you... but fall in love with The Wall first.
    Hahaha. 
    I listened to previews of songs on Final Cut and didn't like any.
    It's very morose, down. Also, not the full line-up.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
    The Narrow Way - Part 3 on Ummagumma, YES!
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Addicted to Animals.
    Loving Dogs now.
    I listened to The Wall yesterday and it didn't really blow me away. There's a number of songs I like (In The Flesh?, Another Brick in the Wall part 2, Mother, Comfortably Numb, Run Like Hell). I said that about DSOTM and now I love it so maybe this one will grow on me. 

The music will soon consume you. Don't skip to any songs. Play the album in its entirety. Headphones will enrich the experience.

Hahaha. 

With all due respect to the other dudes... if Gilmour and Waters are there... it's the full line up.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • I read Nick Mason's book 'Inside Out'.

It was really good from my recollection. I would recommend it and it might be a nice complement to your journey, young jedi!
    I want to go to Grantchester Meadows, seems such a peaceful lovely place...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DAdWcsM7Po
    I read Nick Mason's book 'Inside Out'.

It was really good from my recollection. I would recommend it and it might be a nice complement to your journey, young jedi!
    Noted, my Master.
    Addicted to Animals.
    Loving Dogs now.

Hahaha. 

With all due respect to the other dudes... if Gilmour and Waters are there... it's the full line up.
    I really love what Richard Wright brought to the band, I love his songs.
  • Addicted to Animals.
    Loving Dogs now.

Hahaha. 

I really love what Richard Wright brought to the band, I love his songs.

This love is not misplaced. He's solid for sure.
    Have you seen this, TBU?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1dmYUmRBzA
    I was searching for interviews with the band and found this.
    "I'd like to think that oysters transcend national barriers, Adrian" hahaha.
  • Have you seen this, TBU?
    I just did. Thanks for sharing.

So young there. You can see Roger was never going to do well with the pressures soon to be placed upon him.
    Have you seen this, TBU?

So young there. You can see Roger was never going to do well with the pressures soon to be placed upon him.
    What made you say that?
    I just saw him as high and hilarious, and loving them good oysters.
  • Have you seen this, TBU?

What made you say that?
    I just saw him as high and hilarious, and loving them good oysters.

They were definitely having fun, but it seemed as if two of the questions bothered him and he never answered them- he dodged them.

They bothered him because the questions were of the 'simple variety'. Roger never had patience for simple (although I think he's gotten better having seen his last three tours).
  • HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,377
    "I like to think oysters transcend natural barriers." :smiley:
  • AndySlashAndySlash Posts: 3,204
    the best line in those studio takes comes from gilmour:

“christ, where would rock & roll be without feedback?”

and, of course, mason’s stated preference for apple pie with NO crust.
    Hobbes said:
    "I like to think oysters transcend natural barriers." :smiley:
    Best.
    The solo at the end of Pigs (three different ones) reminds me of the solo at the end of Alive.
    Actually, I never realised how much Mike McCready's solos sound like David Gilmour's.
    Also, does anyone think Wish You Were Here (song) has a Like A Rolling Stone vibe?
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,411
    Actually, I never realised how much Mike McCready's solos sound like David Gilmour's.
    Also, does anyone think Wish You Were Here (song) has a Like A Rolling Stone vibe?

Mike wishes he had that much taste.

Not really.
    What do you all think of Meddle?
    I have read that San Tropez and Seamus are the most hated songs by Pink Floyd fans.
    I love the rest of the tracks but not sure about these 2, I think they would fit better on another album and it is why Meddle is not in the same category as DSOM, WYWH, Animals, The Wall.
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,411
    Meddle is in the same category as those others. One of These Days, Pillow of Winds, a Fearless, Echoes...the other 2slots could be filled with Can’t Deny Me or something from Jack Whites new album and I’d say the same. I’ll put Obscured By Clouds in that same grouping, while I’m at it.
    DewieCox said:
    Meddle is in the same category as those others. One of These Days, Pillow of Winds, a Fearless, Echoes...the other 2slots could be filled with Can’t Deny Me or something from Jack Whites new album and I’d say the same. I’ll put Obscured By Clouds in that same grouping, while I’m at it.
    I was actually thinking how much I love Obscured By Clouds and how it's almost on par with meddle.
    I recently purchased WSYH, Animals, and The Wall to add to TDSOTM which I bought in December.
    I want Meddle next.
    Loving this band so much right now. Shame I never got into them years ago. But being a punk rock fan, prog rock was taboo. 
  • jbrowniejbrownie Posts: 135
    Any word on when they'll reissue "Pulse"?

I'm reading 5/18 (I missed any previous response, if there was one, so apologies if there was).  I've never seen it on vinyl before, so I welcome the opportunity to complete the set, as it were.  I've somewhat mixed feelings on the performances (I think DSoT was better), but it was a tour I was fortunate to see and, really, their last true release. 
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,079
    jbrownie said:
    Any word on when they'll reissue "Pulse"?

I'm reading 5/18 (I missed any previous response, if there was one, so apologies if there was).  I've never seen it on vinyl before, so I welcome the opportunity to complete the set, as it were.  I've somewhat mixed feelings on the performances (I think DSoT was better), but it was a tour I was fortunate to see and, really, their last true release. 
    I love Pulse - looking forward to picking this up finally! 
    www.cluthelee.com
    Bought Meddle tonight.
    I now owe all 2016 reissued albums from Meddle to The Wall.
  • MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    Bought Meddle tonight.
    Now you need the 5 prior to Meddle.
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    MedozK said:
    Bought Meddle tonight.
    Right! That way you can hear where "Breath" came from.

I still need the Atom Heart Mother reissue. I can't imagine Meddle not sounding the way my well-worn copy sounds, so I've held off on that one.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    MedozK said:
    Bought Meddle tonight.
    I hope to add them to my collection but will wait until the end of the year when they discount cds at my retailer.
    Obscured by Clouds and Saucerful of Secrets are the 2 I want. Not sure about the rest even though I've heard them all.
    edited March 2018
    dankind said:
    MedozK said:
    Bought Meddle tonight.
    Right! That way you can hear where "Breath" came from.

I still need the Atom Heart Mother reissue. I can't imagine Meddle not sounding the way my well-worn copy sounds, so I've held off on that one.
    Where did Breathe come from?
    Post edited by Thoughts_Arrive on
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    Are you referring to that guitar bit at 1min 27secs?
    More is my least favourite album.
    2016 reissue of WYWH sounds amazing.
    Obsessed bad with this band. All I've listened to the past 2 months.