Comments

• Options
    A WaveA Wave Posts: 103
    When has PJ done Believe You Me?
  • Options
    waupaca11waupaca11 los angeles Posts: 81
    mca47 wrote:
    amen to that.

i don't think i've listened to any boot more times than that one.

what an amazing night!
    one that i'll never forget. :)

That was an increible show,prolly my fave out of the 13 I've seen, though the 2 San Diego shows I saw at the old Sports Arena were amazing.

The crowd was so vocal and there was an indescribable vibe int he air that night at Apline. Ed doing Hide Your Love Away for the Encore alone was bananas, and Breath...well, it was really spine-tingling. And the sound on those botts is really outstanding.
    1995 Milwaukee
    1998 East Troy, Noblesville
    2000 Los Angeles, San Diego, San Bernardino
    2003 Irvine, San Diego, East Troy
    2006 Milwaukee, Milwaukee, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, Santa Barbara
    2008 LA (Who Tribute)
    2009 LA3, San Diego
    2011 Eddie in Long Beach
    2013 Wrigley
    2014 LA1 & LA2, Milwaukee
    2016 FtL, Miami, Tampa, Jax
    2018 Seattle 2, Missoula
  • Options
    PJaholicPJaholic Posts: 81
    They played Dirty Frank??????????????????

Now I am REALLY MAD that I couldn't go to this show :(
    "i'm lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side"
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,250
    slyneural wrote:
    it will happen no doubt. great venue.

there had to been a scheduling mix-up or something because after that last show i can't see how they'd not play it.

i had a smile on my face for a week straight after that one.
  • Options
    obiwon76obiwon76 Posts: 568
    Where are all the people from tonight's show with their reviews? Perhaps they are either in the ER strapped to a IV, or at the local 7-11, cleaning out the Gatorade section.
    San Fran 92, San Fran 93, Berkeley 93, Indio 93, Fairfax 94, DC 95, San Fran 95, DC 95, Va Beach 98, Columbia 98, Dc 98, Va Beach 00, Columbia 00, Philly 03, Bristow 03, Chicago 06, Chicago 06, Dc 06, DC 08
  • Options
    Have you seen my threads for alpine valley? LOL I was shocked they didn't play this year. Fucking Tom Petty lol

Yeah, it was all Petty's Fault! I would have traded both Summerfest shows for one Alpine. Apline is special in my heart, seeing the Monsters of Rock show there back int he day, AC/DC, GnR, Clapton a few times and seeing Stevie Ray the night before he died. Its just an awesome, beautiful venue with incredible sound, sweet summer weather, flowing beer and friendly midwestern blonde women.
    1995 Milwaukee
    2008 LA (Who Tribute)
    2009 LA3, San Diego
    2011 Eddie in Long Beach
    2013 Wrigley
    2018 Seattle 2, Missoula
  • Options
    OttOtt Posts: 403
    obiwon76 wrote:
    Where are all the people from tonight's show with their reviews? Perhaps they are either in the ER strapped to a IV, or at the local 7-11, cleaning out the Gatorade section.
    Don't think the campers have the ability (plus, there's A LOT of partying going on, Believe You Me ;) ). Those going to hotels will be a while. Long drive.
    'Give me some music; music, moody food/ of us that trade in love'
    -Shakespeare
  • Options
    patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    PJaholic wrote:
    They played Dirty Frank??????????????????

Now I am REALLY MAD that I couldn't go to this show :(

You can be mad all you want. Nothing left to do but smile for the lucky ones that were there tonight. Lucky Fucks hehe
  • Options
    KravenKraven Posts: 829
    I said this when they played All Along the Watchtower in San Fran. but fuck them for playing Dirty Frank, Crown of Thorns, and Wash, I cannot believe I have to buy another boot. DAMN THEM!
    32 shows and counting...
  • Options
    slyneuralslyneural Posts: 37
    obiwon76 wrote:

from what i've heard george, wa. is in the middle of nowhere. I'm guessing anyone driving back to Seattle might be awhile.
    Fargo '03, Chicago(II) '06,
  • Options
    slyneural wrote:
    from what i've heard george, wa. is in the middle of nowhere. I'm guessing anyone driving back to Seattle might be awhile.
    Seattle's a two and a half, plus the traffic and exhaustion, so we won't hear from anyone for a spell.
    -Shakespeare
  • Options
    Ott wrote:
    Don't think the campers have the ability (plus, there's A LOT of partying going on, Believe You Me ;) ). Those going to hotels will be a while. Long drive.

Hey Ott...too bad I missed ya' in Chicago.
    Did you end up going to Moretti's?
  • Options
    obiwon76obiwon76 Posts: 568
    slyneural wrote:

What happened to wireless laptops and blackberry, Treos? Hee Hee.
    San Fran 92, San Fran 93, Berkeley 93, Indio 93, Fairfax 94, DC 95, San Fran 95, DC 95, Va Beach 98, Columbia 98, Dc 98, Va Beach 00, Columbia 00, Philly 03, Bristow 03, Chicago 06, Chicago 06, Dc 06, DC 08
  • Options
    waupaca11 wrote:
    Yeah, it was all Petty's Fault! I would have traded both Summerfest shows for one Alpine. Apline is special in my heart, seeing the Monsters of Rock show there back int he day, AC/DC, GnR, Clapton a few times and seeing Stevie Ray the night before he died. Its just an awesome, beautiful venue with incredible sound, sweet summer weather, flowing beer and friendly midwestern blonde women.

wow stevie ray played alpine the day before he died? did not know that. hold that one extra special!
  • Options
    PJaholicPJaholic Posts: 81
    You can be mad all you want. Nothing left to do but smile for the lucky ones that were there tonight. Lucky Fucks hehe

Yeah.. Yeah I know :)
    I'll just have to suck it up and be happy for all the people I know who did get to go.

Hail Hail the lucky ones... right? :)
    "i'm lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side"
  • Options
    slyneural wrote:
    wow stevie ray played alpine the day before he died? did not know that. hold that one extra special!

yep, that's "part" of the reason mikey busted out little wing as they did in full in milwaukee in '95
  • Options
    obiwon76 wrote:
    What happened to wireless laptops and blackberry, Treos? Hee Hee.

even w/wireless laptops you need a base network. as far as blackberries i would assome it would suck trying to type a review on it, plus signal in the cascades(i think) probably suck
  • Options
    slyneural wrote:

It was Clapton, with SRV and Jeff Healy opening. Last song was Sweet Home Chicago with EC, SRV, Heally and Buddy Guy. They did a Sat and Sun show and it was after the Sunday show that the chopper carrying SRV and Clapton's manager flew into a ski hill. I remember waking up the next moring, hearing the news on the radio and just crying.
    1995 Milwaukee
    2008 LA (Who Tribute)
    2009 LA3, San Diego
    2011 Eddie in Long Beach
    2013 Wrigley
    2018 Seattle 2, Missoula
  • Options
    mca47 wrote:
    Hey Ott...too bad I missed ya' in Chicago.
    Did you end up going to Moretti's?
    Yeah, we went the first day. We were the douchebags who dropped a couple/few beers& broke a glass or two on the back patio. Chicago was great. Only wish we had that extra day to see all the sites (Grant Park/ The Museums and what not). An old friend who lives their was a most gracious host and took us everywhere. Good times. Great Cubbie Tix. LOVED Wrigleyville. Beautifuyl women everywhere decked out in Cub gear....

Now, back to the Gorge...Lucky fucks
    -Shakespeare
  • Options
    mca47 wrote:
    yep, that's "part" of the reason mikey busted out little wing as they did in full in milwaukee in '95

I think at the first 1998 alpine show they talked about how special alpine is and mentioned that this was the last place Stevie played.
  • Options
    Ott wrote:
    Yeah, we went the first day. We were the douchebags who dropped a couple/few beers& broke a glass or two on the back patio. Chicago was great. Only wish we had that extra day to see all the sites (Grant Park/ The Museums and what not). An old friend who lives their was a most gracious host and took us everywhere. Good times. Great Cubbie Tix.

Ahhh, I didn't make it to Moretti's the first night. Was running late. I was there the second though....good times.
    What did you think of Wrigley/Wrigleyville?
  • Options
    PJaholic wrote:
    Yeah.. Yeah I know :)
    I'll just have to suck it up and be happy for all the people I know who did get to go.

Hail Hail the lucky ones... right? :)

I know about a dozen or so people that were there tonight. Yes Hail, Hail the lucky ones :)
  • Options
    wow i don't know how to post a link on here but here is a tribute from alpine 1990!

http://www.bluestormmusic.com/images/PHOTOS_stevierayvaughan_00.jpg
  • Options
    mca47 wrote:
    Ahhh, I didn't make it to Moretti's the first night. Was running late. I was there the second though....good times.
    What did you think of Wrigley/Wrigleyville?

LOVED Wrigleyville. Beautiful women everywhere decked out in Cub gear....Ended up down there two of the three nights.
    -Shakespeare
  • Options
    sorry i'll stop hijacking the thread now!
  • Options
    Ott wrote:
    LOVED Wrigleyville. Beautiful women everywhere decked out in Cub gear....Ended up down there two of the three nights.

i've recently moved to arizona and i'm already missing chi-town :(
  • Options
    hsewifhsewif Posts: 444
    Ott wrote:

are you sure they were women?
  • Options
    pjamdude69pjamdude69 Posts: 174
    Great setlist, def gonna get the boot, but tomorrow is gonna destroy IMO (I hope)... Leaving in about 10 hours or so, hit Ellensburg for the hotel check-in, then onto the sweltering land of the Gorge.. Soooo fucking glad I got a room for the night instead of camping in this shit.. And since Wash opened tonight, maybe we'll get Release tomorrow... AND that shit song Last Kiss got played tonight, so that pretty much rules it out for tomorrow.. Fuckin A..
    "On the edge of a know-nothin' town, Feelin' quite superior in Den Haag"

11.05.93- Indio, CA
    07.13.98- Inglewood, CA
    10.28.00- San Bernardino, CA
    06.02.03- Irvine, CA
    07.23.06- The Gorge
  • Options
    jasone6jasone6 Posts: 66
    REALLY curious to hear how Little Wing was... I'm not sure anything can top the 10 minute version from Milwaukee in '95, but seeing as how I rank that up there in my top 2 or 3 PJ recordings of all time, I can't wait to hear this.

Not sure if anyone noticed, but I noticed on the boot of SF3, after Watchtower, Mike played the first teeny little bit of Little Wing...

Will definitely be getting this boot.

-J
    1995: Milwaukee/Summerfest 1; 1998: Indianapolis, Greenville, Knoxville; 2000: Lisbon, London 1 & 2, Detroit, Alpine Valley, Chicago; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Summerfest 1 & 2 (w/ Tom Petty), Sydney 1 & 3, Melbourne 1, 2 & 3; 2007: The Vic, Lollapalooza
  • Options
    pureocpureoc Posts: 2,383
    I think at the first 1998 alpine show they talked about how special alpine is and mentioned that this was the last place Stevie played.

Yes they did. I believe Red Mosquito and Yellow Ledbetter were dedicated to SRV. Great show, my first PJ show. HOPEFULLY not my last PJ show at Alpine.
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Alpine Valley 10/8/00, Champaign 4/23/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Grand Rapids 10/3/04
    Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Milwaukee 6/29/06, Milwaukee 6/30/06, Lollapalooza 8/5/07
    Eddie Solo Milwaukee 8/19/08, Toronto 8/21/09, Chicago 8/23/09
    Chicago 8/24/09, Indianapolis 5/7/10, Ed Chicago 6/29/11, Alpine Valley 9/3/11 and 9/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Moline 10/18/14, Milwaukee 10/20/14