The NATI boot!

binauralsoundsbinauralsounds Posts: 1,357
edited June 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
Is it me, or is this the BEST SOUNDING boot from the tour so far??? I'm not just talkin bout the crowd on it, but the actual mixing of it!!!

I have pretty much all the boots off this tour, and this one sounds EXTREMELY GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JUST ME??
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• you are right, it sounds amazing. i would put it up there with the Cleveland boot.
  • Sexy2aFaultSexy2aFault Posts: 388
    Lemme guess, you guys went to the Cleveland and Cinci shows...

Although Cleveland does have good sound-and a great Immortality. Maybe the best ever.
  • Actually, I was just listening to it today and I thought it wasn't that great. Eddie is too low (sometimes Stone and Matt are singing as loud as he is) and near the end, he sounds very tinny or hollow. Maybe its just because I got the mp3 or maybe I need to check the speakers in my car! Still love the show, though.
    We're all different behind the eyes.

You are U, who you are.
  • Is it me, or is this the BEST SOUNDING boot from the tour so far??? I'm not just talkin bout the crowd on it, but the actual mixing of it!!!

I have pretty much all the boots off this tour, and this one sounds EXTREMELY GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JUST ME??

Not just you. i think it sounds great--much better than the boots of the 2003 tour (which still rock, BTW).
    ~A compliment for us, is a compliment for you.~

• tdubtdub Posts: 226
    I think the guitars and especially the drums are exceptionally better than the Leg 1 boots...Ed's voice is a little low, but not bad.

Cincy is the best boot - sound wise - so far.
  • DEEPDEEP Posts: 274
    ....sux
  • kdpjamkdpjam Posts: 2,303
    DEEP wrote:
    ....sux

you're crazy.
    lay down all thoughts; surrender to the void
    ~it is shining it is shining~
  • lockedlocked Boston Posts: 3,996
    kdpjam wrote:
    you're crazy.

he / she's not..

I can't understand how this band could go from producing bootleg gems like the 2003 Tokyo boot to the 2005 /2006 boots where each song is a "hit or miss" for sound quality...

and I'm sorry, but Ed is frequently undermiked...

I just don't get it...
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • kdpjamkdpjam Posts: 2,303
    locked wrote:
    he / she's not..

I can't understand how this band could go from producing bootleg gems like the 2003 Tokyo boot to the 2005 /2006 boots where each song is a "hit or miss" for sound quality...

and I'm sorry, but Ed is frequently undermiked...

I just don't get it...

to each his own. guess my hearing is f'd.
    lay down all thoughts; surrender to the void
    ~it is shining it is shining~
  • Lemme guess, you guys went to the Cleveland and Cinci shows...

Although Cleveland does have good sound-and a great Immortality. Maybe the best ever.

no, the best immortality ever was from berlin on 11-03-96, the cleveland version was ok , check this one out , it has the same intro only better and a killer drum solo, mike's guitar work is unreal. you can listen to it at pearljamlive.com
    NO TIME TO BE VOID OR SAVE UP ON LIFE, YOU GOT TO SPEND IT ALL!!!!!!!
  • I'd agree that the mixes have something to be desired. The Pittsburgh has an echo.
    Hey brother.
  • mozman88mozman88 Posts: 38
    I thought Cincinnati sounded great, but it's also the first FLAC boot I've bought this year. I wasn't sure if the quality was just better for Cincy or if the FLAC was just that much better than MP3.....Probably a little of both.

2000 - Indianapolis(8/18)
    2003 - Champaign(4/23), Indianapolis(6/22),
    Columbus(6/24), Hershey(7/12)
    2006 - Chicago (5/16), Chicago (5/17), Cincinnati (6/24)
    2007 - Vic -Chicago (8/2), Lollapalooza - Chicago (8/5)
  • RockKingRockKing Posts: 431
    Cincy is by FAR the best mixed bootleg so far (other than possibly Pittsburgh, which is the only one I haven't bought yet, so I can't compare it). But the Cincy boot FINALLY has some low end and we can actually hear Matt's bass drum. I hope they mix the rest of them like this one from here on out.
    --"I'm like an opening band for the sun"

--"We’re taking pills to get along with life… the pills are YIELD and PJ’s music. Then we create words to call our own = our analysis of YIELD." - YIH
  • inmyrvminmyrvm Posts: 933
    Lemme guess, you guys went to the Cleveland and Cinci shows...

4-26-03 pittsburgh would get that honor for immortality
    "Fuck the talkin' let's start rockin" - Eddie Vedder 9-5-00 Pittsburgh
    4/26/03 Pittsburgh 5/3/03 State College 7/12/03 Hershey 10/1/04 Reading 9/28/05 Pittsburgh 5/20/06 Cleveland 6/23/06 Pittsburgh 6/22/08 DC

friends don't let friends listen to good charlotte
  • inmyrvm wrote:
    4-26-03 pittsburgh would get that honor for immortality

you are smoking crack my friend
    NO TIME TO BE VOID OR SAVE UP ON LIFE, YOU GOT TO SPEND IT ALL!!!!!!!