Options

Best Ole

thefixer9thefixer9 Posts: 9,376
edited December 2011 in The Porch
Listening to the Vancouver show and that version of Ole kicks all sorts of butt! The end where Eddie is just yelling is pure raw anger and it's awesome! But I hope he doesn't hate Seatle fans now or else we might not get a show again...:lol:
Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
Brad- 4/21/12 (RSD Performance), 4/27/12, 8/10/12
Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
RNDM- 11/27/12

PEARL JAM- 12/6/13 I have finally seen Pearl Jam live!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    You mean there is a good one?
  • Options
    djklambakedjklambake PHX, AZ Posts: 2,510
    I've heard maybe four other performances of it - none of them match the fuel and fire of Vancouver's. It's damn awesome!
    6/27/98 - East Troy, WI
    6/29/06 - Milwaukee, WI
    9/25/11 - Vancouver, BC
    11/4/12 - (Eddie Vedder) Phoenix, AZ
    11/1/13 - New Orleans, LA
    11/19/13 - Phoenix, AZ
    11/21/13 - San Diego, CA
    10/12/14 - Austin, TX
    10/22/14 - Denver, CO
    8/22/16 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley 2)
  • Options
    brother123 wrote:

Remember he like Nickelback now so his judgement is a little off :mrgreen:
    Boston 5/17/10
    Tres Mts. 3/27/11
    EV Solo:Providence 6/15/11 Boston 6/16/11 Hartford 6/18/11
    PJ20 9/3/11-9/4/11

Concert Wishlist: I am Mine, Marker in the Sand, Parachutes, In Hiding, All Those Yesterdays, I Got Shit, Long Road, Light Years
  • Options
    i listened to the ole from the toronto 2 show tonight and it sucked to say the least... :twisted: :)
  • Options
    DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    thefixer9 wrote:
    Listening to the Vancouver show and that version of Ole kicks all sorts of butt! The end where Eddie is just yelling is pure raw anger and it's awesome! But I hope he doesn't hate Seatle fans now or else we might not get a show again...:lol:

Go do your homework.
  • Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    brother123 wrote:

:lol::lol::lol:
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    To use the words of Eddie Vedder to all of you Olé haters out there..."Come on you fuckers!"

Vancouver Ole kicked all sorts of ass, I agree. Even though Seattle crowds do tend to be on the docile side, I think Eddie was pointing out particular people who won the lottery and showed no energy whatsoever. I would've taken several punches to the face and kicks to the nuts just to be that close to the stage, so I don't blame Eddie being angry to see the good seats go to waste.
    Member Number: 437xxx

Pearl Jam:
    Key Arena - Seattle, WA - Sep 21, 2009
    Pacific Coliseum - Vancouver, BC - Sep 25, 2011
    Key Arena - Seattle, WA - Dec 6, 2013

Eddie Vedder Solo:
    Benaroya Hall - Seattle, WA - Jul 15, 2011
  • Options
    BantBant Millinowhere, ME Posts: 506
    brother123 wrote:

This
    9/13/1998 - 9/15/1998 - 8/29/2000 - 7/2/2003 - 7/3/2003 - 7/11/2003 - 9/28/2004 - 9/28/2005 - 5/13/2006 - 5/27/2006 - 6/1/2006 - 6/28/2008 - 6/30/2008 - 5/17/2010 - 10/25/2013
  • Options
    Unfortunately, there is a major sense of entitlement with a lot of "older" PJ fans. (i'm talking about the people that think that they "found" this band).

i had no idea that this subculture existed until I followed PJ on the last Canadian tour. I'm talking about fans who are pissed off when they get row 4 instead of row 3, or fans who are pissed off when they are too far off to the side instead of dead centre. You all know who you are, its embarrassing.

This was never more evident than at the Vancouver show. I'm so happy that Ed a) noticed it and b) made a point to recognize how embarrassing it was. There are way too many people who assume that they should be in the front row or even worse, EXPECT to be in the front row. It's quite obvious when you look at the crowds in South America or the remote Canadian cities. These are tenacious and emotional fans. These fans are so excited/jacked just to be at the shows!!!

I won the lottery in Calgary. I cannot tell you what it meant to me. I got to drink ed's wine, scored a tambourine, made a sign etc. i've been to 20+ PJ shows and NEVER been closer than row 14. So to all those PJ fans who think they DESERVE good seats, get a life. You don't DESERVE anything. In my opinion, once you've won the lottery you should not be able to win it again. I wish that all PJ fans get to experience what I had that night in Calgary.

I'm so glad Ed exposed those lazy fans who don't want to get up and get excited about a new song but think they DESERVE to be in the first few rows. You people suck. And you know who you are.
    Toronto 10-05-00 / Toronto 06-28-03 / Montreal 06-29-03 / Toronto 05-09-06 / Toronto 05-10-06 / London 08-18-09 / Cleveland 05-09-10 / Buffalo 05-10-10 / East Troy 09-03/11 / East Troy 09-04-11 / Montreal 09-07-11 / Toronto 09-11-11 / Toronto 10-11-11 / Ottawa 09-14-11 / Hamilton 09-15-11 / Winnipeg 09-17-11 / Saskatoon 09-19-11 / Calgary 09-21-11 / Edmonton 09-23-11 / Vancouver 09-25-11 / London 07-16-13 / Chicago 07-19-13 / Buffalo 10-12-2013 / Dallas 11-15-13 / Oklahoma City 11-16-13 / Milan 06-20-2014 / Trieste 06-22-14 / Vienna 06-25-14 / Berlin 06-26-14 / Stockholm 06-28-14 / Oslo 06-27-14 / Leeds 07-08-14 / Milton Keynes 07-11-14 / Seattle 08-08-18 / Seattle 08-10-18 / Missoula 08-13-18 / Oakland 05-12-22 / Oakland 05-13-22 / St. Paul 08-31-23 / St. Paul 09-02-23

EV
    Toronto 08-12-08 / Toronto 08-13-08 / New York 06-21-11 / New York 06-22-11
  • Options
    I was 11th row for that soon to be legendary BC show. Ed's emotions were at their highest when he was wrapping up Ole. The three or four pieces of padding between Eddie and the crowd finally blew Eddie's top at the end of Ole. If you see it on Youtube, you will see him slam down the mike stand and climb over the monitors to get his finger in each of their faces as he was screaming the last verses of the song. He turned his back to them and gave an evil stare as they broke into a short pause before they went into Alive.
    The bootleg is produced very well. Make the investment on this piece of history.
  • Options
    boyo79boyo79 Warrington, UK Posts: 6,525
    brother123 wrote:

Gonna have to go with this. I'd certainly be happy if they never played Ole again. A good song gets dropped for this!
    2000: Manchester
    2006: Dublin; Leeds; Arnhem
    2007: London
    2009: Manchester
    2012: Manchester I & II : EV Manchester : Soundgarden Shepherds Bush
    2013: Brad Manchester : Soundgarden Manchester
    2014: Amsterdam I & II; Berlin; Leeds; Milton Keynes
    2018: Berlin; London II; Boston II

Bootleg Reviews: http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,149
    no doubt..Jimmy Fallon show.. :D:D:D:D:D
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    thefin190 wrote:
    To use the words of Eddie Vedder to all of you Olé haters out there..."Come on you fuckers!"

Vancouver Ole kicked all sorts of ass, I agree. Even though Seattle crowds do tend to be on the docile side, I think Eddie was pointing out particular people who won the lottery and showed no energy whatsoever. I would've taken several punches to the face and kicks to the nuts just to be that close to the stage, so I don't blame Eddie being angry to see the good seats go to waste.

From further back, it was not as easy to get into this song as it was every other. In defence of those people, it might have taken me several kicks to the nuts to get me rocking to this song. Do people think that if the band farts into the microphone, people should be clammoring to get a whiff?

Given that I agree with and would also endure the sacrifice you might take to get in the front row (a massive beating)... I'm assuming I would have found the energry to at least 'fake it' during Ole. Come to think of it, if I was put in the front row I'd rock out to Billie Jean.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    LeatherMosquitoManLeatherMosquitoMan Posts: 4,034
    edited March 2017
    Post deleted by Admin. See the Posting Guidelines. Thankyou
    Post edited by Sea on
    -Chris
    Male, 34

I'm on Facebook - facebook.com/christopher.leesye1

1998 Brisbane 2
    2003 Brisbane 1
    2006 LA 1 & 2
    2008 LA 2, San Diego 1 (EV)
    2009 LA 1, 2, 3 & 4, San Diego
    2011 St. Louis (EV)
    2012 Tulsa 1 & 2 (EV)
    2013 Chicago, Dallas & OKC
  • Options
    Better DanBetter Dan Posts: 5,684
    brother123 wrote:

This was my first thought. Sorry Rico.
    2003: San Antonio, Houston, Dallas, Seattle; 2005: Monterrey; 2006: Chicago 1 & 2, Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit; 2008: West Palm Beach, Tampa; 2009: Austin, LA 3 & 4, San Diego; 2010: Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis; 2011: PJ20 1 & 2; 2012: Missoula; 2013: Dallas, Oklahoma City, Seattle; 2014: Tulsa; 2016: Columbia, New York City 1 & 2; 2018: London, Seattle 1 & 2; 2021: Ohana; 2022: Oklahoma City
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Balls
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    bosshogg18bosshogg18 Tacoma, WA Posts: 1,082
    This is the best version right here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ccUDrB_8jQ
  • Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    brother123 wrote:

So ... when I first heard it, this was my thought to. Song didn't do a lot for me.

But, I was there in Vancouver, and that last 30 seconds was the most heated I've seen EV in years, and it was pretty damn fantastic.

So now, the song has a bit of a special place for me ... even if I end up skipping over the studio version every time I listen to the new album.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    jimed14 wrote:
    brother123 wrote:

So ... when I first heard it, this was my thought to. Song didn't do a lot for me.

But, I was there in Vancouver, and that last 30 seconds was the most heated I've seen EV in years, and it was pretty damn fantastic.

So now, the song has a bit of a special place for me ... even if I end up skipping over the studio version every time I listen to the new album.
    What makes you think it's going to be on a new album?

They haven't even finished writing the next album. They've never released a single before an album was complete. it makes no sense to. The first song is to promote the album. This album isn't even done, track lists have not been decided. They are supposed to go back to the studio in the spring to record.
  • Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    Whoa, relax dude ... it was just a guess.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    jimed14 wrote:
    That aside.. I like Ole. It's fun. Nothing more and doesn't need to be. 8-)
  • Options
    JammalamboJammalambo Posts: 1,321
    jimed14 wrote:

a BAD guess, dude ;)
    anyway, I know the opener of this thread has Immortality amongst his least favourite PJ songs, so this explains it all.. :lol:
  • Options
    thefixer9thefixer9 Posts: 9,376
    Jammalambo wrote:
    jimed14 wrote:

a BAD guess, dude ;)
    anyway, I know the opener of this thread has Immortality amongst his least favourite PJ songs, so this explains it all.. :lol:

:lol:
    Tres Mts- 3/16/2011
    Eddie Vedder- 7/16/11
    Brad- 4/21/12 (RSD Performance), 4/27/12, 8/10/12
    Flight To Mars- 5/23/12
    RNDM- 11/27/12

PEARL JAM- 12/6/13 I have finally seen Pearl Jam live!
  • Options
    Oh, what you say, what you say, what you gonna say when your life ends?
    What you gonna say? Olé!
    Ah, what you say, what you say, what can you say of importance?
    What you gonna say but “Olé!”?
    Ah, what you say, what you say when there’s too much you can’t breathe in?

I ain’t got words for what goes on
    I ain’t got words for all that’s wrong
    What do you say? Meditate
    Meditate, Olé!

What you say when they give the guy the go-ahead?
    What you gonna say? Olé!
    What you say, what you say when your spitting up on your bed?
    What you gonna say? Olé!
    What you say, what you say when you’ve had enough of knuckleheads
    What you gonna say? Olé!
    What you say, now, what you say when you’ve seen enough bloodshed?
    What you gonna say? Stop!

I still can’t help but wonder why
    I’m feeling laughed at by the sky
    What do you say, meditate?
    Meditate, Olé!

Always locking the doors
    When the night falls
  • Options
    stickman81 wrote:
    Oh, what you say, what you say, what you gonna say when your life ends?
    What you gonna say? Olé!
    Ah, what you say, what you say, what can you say of importance?
    Ah, what you say, what you say when there’s too much you can’t breathe in?

I ain’t got words for what goes on
    I ain’t got words for all that’s wrong
    What do you say? Meditate
    Meditate, Olé!

What you say when they give the guy the go-ahead?
    What you gonna say? Olé!
    What you say, what you say when your spitting up on your bed?
    What you gonna say? Olé!
    What you say, what you say when you’ve had enough of knuckleheads
    What you gonna say? Olé!
    What you say, now, what you say when you’ve seen enough bloodshed?
    What you gonna say? Stop!

I still can’t help but wonder why
    I’m feeling laughed at by the sky
    What do you say, meditate?
    Meditate, Olé!

Always locking the doors
    When the night falls

A song about anxiety apparently..
  • Options
    jshinjshin Posts: 1,759
    Best Olé?.. The one they'll play in Pittsburgh next year... :)
    I ain't got no fly'n shoes..

• Options
    When I first heard Ole I didn't like it... Now I can't get it out of my head. I love the mix, the guitar tones and the bass.

It doesn't really build or have a climax and it's not very groundbreaking, but its that song that comes on when I'm running that makes me run a little faster.
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,141
    Awesome song - don't understand the hate on it.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,091
    yah Vancouver '11 was pretty good. Angry Eddie was awesome!! btw I was 20ish rows back on the other side of the floor. I thought the crowd was pretty good, but I couldn't see the front rows pretty well. I had no idea the front rows were lethargic until Eddie got angry.
  • Options
    SeaSea Earth Posts: 2,915
    edited March 2017
    post deleted. Reminder. Please see the Posting Guidelines especially #1. You don't have to like everything the band does but don't be disrespectful.
    Thank you.
    http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/228366/forum-posting-guidelines
    Post edited by Sea on