myramyra Posts: 1,257
    Joss83 wrote:
    Agree ++++++
    :thumbup:

Covoiturage pour Londres ? ;)
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    Hub. wrote:
    London sounds good to me, if the crowd is different from the HRC show. :mrgreen:

What was wrong with HRC? I was supposed to go but ended up not making it....
  • Options
    tremorstremors Posts: 8,051
    Bienvenus tous les francais en angleterre!!
    Cancel my subscription to the Ressurection
    Send my credentials to the house of detention

lettherecordsplay1x.gif?t=1377796878
  • Options
    tremors wrote:

;)
  • Options
    myra wrote:
    tremors wrote:

;)

Not that I'm the customs guy - I'm sure you're welcome in England without my say so :)

• Options
    veddertownveddertown Scotland Posts: 5,260
    Suziemay wrote:
    Hub. wrote:
    London sounds good to me, if the crowd is different from the HRC show. :mrgreen:

There were quite a few idiots at Hyde Park who just wanted to jump around with their elbows flailing and almost climbing on others around them. I thought generally though it was great for such a massive crowd. There's always those who think it's ok to have such a lack of respect at big events. I'd actually take a show there again if it happened, especially with Bruce Springsteen headlining one of the nights. Mrs.Veddertown would be very happy!! :D
    Like a book among the many on a shelf...

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
    Manchester MEN - 20/06/12. Manchester MEN - 21/06/12
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    veddertown wrote:
    Suziemay wrote:
    Hub. wrote:

There were quite a few idiots at Hyde Park who just wanted to jump around with their elbows flailing and almost climbing on others around them. I thought generally though it was great for such a massive crowd. There's always those who think it's ok to have such a lack of respect at big events. I'd actually take a show there again if it happened, especially with Bruce Springsteen headlining one of the nights. Mrs.Veddertown would be very happy!! :D

Ugh, that sucks. I think that's the problem with festivals too, not everyone is there for Pearl Jam. Hyde Park would be wonderful, though, I have free lodging closeby :mrgreen:
  • Options
    veddertown wrote:
    Suziemay wrote:
    Hub. wrote:

I'm hoping we don't have a repeat of 2006 myself, where the only UK shows were festival dates. I went to Dublin that year.....

• Options
    tremors wrote:
    myra wrote:
    tremors wrote:

;)

Not that I'm the customs guy - I'm sure you're welcome in England without my say so :)

England - the new asylum for us good PJ crowd deprived French.... Who would have thought, eh ?
  • Options
    myra wrote:

England - the new asylum for us good PJ crowd deprived French.... Who would have thought, eh ?

Indeed, indeed - suddenly your favourite nation right? It's not all that often I'm glad to live in England, but when PJ (or EV) make some European type rumblings.....I'm glad.

• Options
    tremors wrote:

I'm hoping we don't have a repeat of 2006 myself, where the only UK shows were festival dates. I went to Dublin that year.....

I know exactly what you're saying, you don't want a glut of mediocre bands while you wait for the headliner but PJ played a great set at Hyde Park and although the Dublin show in 06 was decent you have to say the Reading setlist is pretty hard to beat for recent UK shows bar maybe London 02 a couple of years back? I'll take them anywhere really even if it means enduring loads of bands I don't like. I mean that's why they invented bars right... ;)

Dublin 02 Arena - 22/6/10. Belfast Odyssey Arena - 23/6/10. London Hyde Park - 25/6/10. Berlin Wuhlheide - 30/6/10.
  • Options
    veddertown wrote:
    tremors wrote:

I know exactly what you're saying, you don't want a glut of mediocre bands while you wait for the headliner but PJ played a great set at Hyde Park and although the Dublin show in 06 was decent you have to say the Reading setlist is pretty hard to beat for recent UK shows bar maybe London 02 a couple of years back? I'll take them anywhere really even if it means enduring loads of bands I don't like. I mean that's why they invented bars right... ;)

I used to be a fan of festivals in my youth, but now I'm pushing 40 I find it harder to enjoy them - it's more the atmosphere for me - often seems to have a kind of 'edge' to it these days. I saw Reading on the TV - and it certainly was a great show - I've listened to the bootleg quite a bit too. That's my favourite way of enjoying a festival set - from my comfy armchair :lol: dammit, I'm past my prime..... :x (you're doing better than me, obviously!)

• Options
    tremors wrote:
    veddertown wrote:
    tremors wrote:

I used to be a fan of festivals in my youth, but now I'm pushing 40 I find it harder to enjoy them - it's more the atmosphere for me - often seems to have a kind of 'edge' to it these days. I saw Reading on the TV - and it certainly was a great show - I've listened to the bootleg quite a bit too. That's my favourite way of enjoying a festival set - from my comfy armchair :lol: dammit, I'm past my prime..... :x (you're doing better than me, obviously!)
    I'm 40 now and have arthritic joints! I just don't know how to contain myself once the first bottle of wine has been consumed! ;)

• Options
    veddertown wrote:
    I'm 40 now and have arthritic joints! I just don't know how to contain myself once the first bottle of wine has been consumed! ;)

Maybe that's the secret - if there's only festivals to be had, I better get properly tanked up on wine :lol:

• Options
    tremors wrote:
    veddertown wrote:

Maybe that's the secret - if there's only festivals to be had, I better get properly tanked up on wine :lol:
    I solelmly vow to help you achieve that task if the need arises.... ;)

• Options
    Evening Gary!
    Let them wash away
    All those yesterdays
    All those yesterdays
    All those paper plates
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,141
    You guys are cracking me up! Giddy with excitement and total stoke here for all the Euro friends! :D
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    Evening Gary!
    Evening Mike! Counting the days already!! :)
    You guys are cracking me up! Giddy with excitement and total stoke here for all the Euro friends! :D
    You could come over and get a piece of the action! You'd love the crowds and meet ups here. Maybe we should start our PLEASE LET CLUTHE/LEE SUPPORT PJ ON THE EURO 2012 TOUR thread begin...... :think:

• Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,141
    You could come over and get a piece of the action! You'd love the crowds and meet ups here. Maybe we should start our PLEASE LET CLUTHE/LEE SUPPORT PJ ON THE EURO 2012 TOUR thread begin...... :think:[/quote]

Too kind my friend :D I wish we had the means to do that! My PJ20 Alpine experience was sadly the last time I travel a significant distance to see the band. Those days are over -- onto bigger adventures mate.. :D
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    You could come over and get a piece of the action! You'd love the crowds and meet ups here. Maybe we should start our PLEASE LET CLUTHE/LEE SUPPORT PJ ON THE EURO 2012 TOUR thread begin...... :think:

Too kind my friend :D I wish we had the means to do that! My PJ20 Alpine experience was sadly the last time I travel a significant distance to see the band. Those days are over -- onto bigger adventures mate.. :D[/quote]
    It's a damn nice dream though!! :D

• Options

I know - and all this for an EV solo tour too.....

• Options
    veddertown wrote:
    tremors wrote:
    veddertown wrote:

I solelmly vow to help you achieve that task if the need arises.... ;)

Very kind of you!

• Options
    veddertown wrote:
    Evening Gary!
    Evening Mike! Counting the days already!! :)

If PJ are playing the secc then il try and convince them to play in my very large back garden cause it would sound a 100 times better than as you said that Shit hole ! :lol:
    Let them wash away
    All those yesterdays
    All those yesterdays
    All those paper plates
  • Options
    eyejackereyejacker Posts: 1,282
    I lived in London for 17 years, so that's where I went to most of my gigs... Great crowds, great fun, no trouble. I will probably make the trip up to see PJ this summer... although I'd like to consider a different country too... Maybe Germany... Berlin ROCKS!!! :D
    Maybe something close to Poland or Ukraine, however, since I'll be going to the football too... Let's see!! :-)
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,149
    Berlin is a must see :D:D:D:D

ALEXdjjvorjvotbhtobtbmoto5jo5jh5phj5p5phoj4fctg6yPLATZ Bitches!!! :mrgreen:
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,486
    Berlin is a must see :D:D:D:D

ALEXdjjvorjvotbhtobtbmoto5jo5jh5phj5p5phoj4fctg6yPLATZ Bitches!!! :mrgreen:

YAAAAAAA

BIG PRETZELS!!
  • Options

If PJ are playing the secc then il try and convince them to play in my very large back garden cause it would sound a 100 times better than as you said that Shit hole ! :lol:
    In the isles we say shite Mike!! :D

• Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,486
    Surprised there isn't a leaked list or something, anyone got any confirmed dates?

P.S. PLEASE PLAY EDINBURGH! I WANNA SEE THOSE PANDAS!!