Options

*** U2 / Pearl Jam Hawaii Fanviews Here December 9, 2006 ***

edwhoedwho Posts: 811
edited December 2010 in Given To Fly (live)
~

Aloha Stadium - Honolulu, Hawaii

Opening Band: Rocko and the Devils

Pearl Jam: (Interstellar Overdrive) / Corduroy, Life Wasted, Do The Evolution, Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town, Big Wave, Even Flow, Hawaii 78, Better Man, World Wide Suicide, Given To Fly, Crazy Mary, Alive, Baba O'Riley

U2: City Of Blinding Lights, Vertigo, Elevation, I Will Follow, I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For / (In A Little While), Beautiful Day / (Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band) / (Blackbird), Angel Of Harlem, Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses, The First Time, Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own / (La Vie En Rose), Love And Peace Or Else, Sunday Bloody Sunday / (Rock The Casbah), Bullet The Blue Sky / (When Johnny Comes Marching Home) / (The Hands That Built America), Miss Sarajevo, Pride (In The Name Of Love), Where The Streets Have No Name, One

U2 Encore: The Fly / ((I Can't Get No) Satisfaction), Mysterious Ways, With Or Without You, Window In The Skies, The Saints Are Coming (with Billie Joe Armstrong), Rocking In The Free World (with Ed and Mike), All I Want Is You

This thread is reserved for the lucky fans that were there.

Please post here only if you were in attendance.

Early Set List Message Pit’s: “dharma69,” “erickvazdel” and “Teddyledbetter”

Set List Source: tenclub.net and u2setlists.com

~

Three Fish

July 1996 San Francisco

June 1999 Chicago

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Had I not known that they were going to play a short set from speaking with Mike personally (and our friend was hanging out with Eddie for the last few days and he told him "45 mins of hits then we get the fuck out") I woulda been bummed. I came in knowing this would be a short short set. It was still a cool show. It is what it is. Lots of fun this trip and many memories (met Mike, Jeff...Matt sorta.....Hung out with alot of cool people who are not in Pearl Jam as well ;) ).
  • Options
    Oh...they played Hawaii 78 again too...I think that is the only song you missed..played it before betterman
  • Options
    ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    I hate U2.... I expected a longer set by PJ. I would be annoyed if I went all the way and got 45 mins of PJ over seems like 5 hours of U2 tagging everything with that dick from Green Day making an appearance? c'mon please.
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • Options
    edwhoedwho Posts: 811
    Zoso wrote:
    I expected a longer set by PJ. c'mon please.

If you did not attend the show ~ you should well know ~ that for you this thread ~ should only be read :p

Merry Christmas :) edwho
    _____

11/1/1992 ~ 10/28/1993 ~ 10/2/1994 ~ 6/22/1995 ~ 10/19/1996 ~ 11/12/1997 ~ 6/29/1998 ~ 10/30/1999 ~ 10/8/2000 ~ 10/20/2001 ~ 9/23/2002 ~ 4/23/2003 ~ 10/6/2004 ~ 9/12/2005 ~ 10/22/2006

Three Fish

July 1996 San Francisco

June 1999 Chicago

• Options
    benhbenh Posts: 11
    This would be my dream show.
    My 2 favorite bands play together in Hawaii and what more could I wish for!?

Fortunately I saw the both bands many times in the past, so I am happy for all people who were in Hawaii.
  • Options
    spatspat Posts: 644
    any mention of UCONNDAVE?
    My favorite Pearl Jam song: "Corporate Greed Boat Asshole Behind a Counter in the Oval Office"
  • Options
    spat wrote:
    any mention of UCONNDAVE?

That's what I am wondering too
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,539
    Zoso wrote:
    I hate U2.... I expected a longer set by PJ. I would be annoyed if I went all the way and got 45 mins of PJ over seems like 5 hours of U2 tagging everything with that dick from Green Day making an appearance? c'mon please.

It was a U2 show dumbass. And I mean dumbass in every sense of the word.
  • Options
    Zoso wrote:

Well for starters Iwent to hawaii for a vacation with friends. Throw in meeting and hanging with band members and pearl jam people, which most people did, and the show , and I am not a u2 fan but that set was good, and I dont like green day but the fact that everyone was there is cool. Peace is a strong thing you know and I am all for it.

I am upset I left last week.

Hopefully they mentioned losing a beloved fan in hawaii.
    Some people have religion I have Pearl Jam.

no more shows
  • Options
    Last night was so much fun in every way imaginable.

Thanks again to Pearl Jam and U2 for visiting us here!

Last Sat was amazing......and last night was icing on the cake.
  • Options
    what did you honestly expect when you read that Pearl Jam would be OPENING UP for U2?!

45 mins seems just about right to me, considering thats the usual amount of stage time for any opening act that I have ever seen.....and that includes My Morning Jacket on the past tour.
    Bonnaroo -- 2008
    MSG II -- 2008
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    But what about the article in the Hawaiian newspaper that said the show would start an hour earlier to let PJ play a full set?? What happened to that?????
  • Options
    PJammer4lifePJammer4life Los Angeles Posts: 2,592
    If you wanted to go to Hawaii to see Pearl Jam then you should have went a week earlier, on Dec. 2nd. Those that went, went to see U2 and Pearl Jam..and although a longer Pearl Jam set (say 1 hour and half) would have been ideal, they got a great U2 set, and Hawaii... I am envious
    Bridge Benefit 1994, San Francisco 1995, San Diego 1995 1 & 2, Missoula 1998, Los Angeles 2000, San Diego 2000, Eddie Vedder/Beck 2/26/2002, Santa Barbara 2003, Irvine 2003, San Diego 2003, Vancouver 2005, Gorge 2005, San Diego 2006, Los Angeles 2006 1 & 2, Santa Barbara 2006, Eddie Vedder 4/10/08, Eddie Vedder 4/12/08, Eddie Vedder 4/15/08, 7/12/2008, SF 8/28/09, LA 9/30/09, LA 10/1/09, LA 10/06/09, LA 10/07/09, San Diego 10/09/09, Eddie Vedder 7/6/2011, Eddie Vedder 7/8/2011, PJ20 9/3/2011, PJ20 9/4/2011, Vancouver 9/25/2011, San Diego 11/21/13, LA 11/24/13, Ohana 9/25/21, Ohana 9/26/21, Ohana 10/1/21, EV 2/17/22, LA Forum 5/6/22, LA Forum 5/7/22, EV 10/1/22, EV 9/30/23
  • Options
    dharma69dharma69 Posts: 1,285
    I met Ed wrote:
    But what about the article in the Hawaiian newspaper that said the show would start an hour earlier to let PJ play a full set?? What happened to that?????
    Apparently they were wrong.

I recommend you sue.
    "I'm here to see Pearl Jam."- Bono

...signed...the token black Pearl Jam fan.

FaceSpace
  • Options
    not4u10not4u10 Posts: 238
    08/28/98-09/01/00-12/08/02-12/09/02-04/28/03-05/03/03-07/05/03-07/06/03-07/08/03-07/09/03-07/12/03-10/01/04-10/03/05-05/13/06-05/27/06-05/28/06-06/01/06-06/03/06-06/19/08-06/25/08-10/28/09-10/31/09-05/17/10-10/19/13-10/21/13-10/27/13-4/28/16
  • Options
    I will admit that I was a little bit disappointed with the short set but overall it was a great concert. Eddie coming back out to do Rockin in the Free World was AWESOME.
    Seattle, Dec '02
    Albany, May '06
    Hawaii, Dec 2, '06
    Hawaii, Dec9, '06
    Chicago, Aug '07
  • Options
    fanfan Posts: 12
    Can anyone give some details about the show? Less complaining from people who were not there.
  • Options
    Whats up with Billie Joe being around U2 all of a sudden? Ugh I hate Green Day with a passion.....wonder what Ed thinks of him.
  • Options
    Updated at 9:45 a.m., Sunday, December 10, 2006

Bono, U2 rock Aloha Stadium crowd in monumental close

Advertiser Staff
    By Derek Paiva

Advertiser Entertainment Writer

"We can be as one tonight."

A full 342 days after his band's concert was officially announced, Bono finally sang those words to a near sellout Aloha Stadium crowd as U2's long and winding Vertigo tour came to a monumental close last night.

Over two-and-a-half-hours and 24 U2 classics, the lead vocalist of America's favorite rock band from Dublin sang to, preached to and occasionally reached into the masses trying to to move them spiritually, politically and emotionally.

A concert equally as entertaining as it was massive in scale and execution? Definitely. A rock show perhaps a bit too tightly choreographed in the theatrics and special effects department? Kind of.

But such grand-scale proceedings were nothing unexpected from a band long proficient in moving stadiums with the exacting professionalism of brain surgeons at the top of their skills.

A crawl of every date on the Vertigo tour on a towering stage-length LED wall of light behind them, U2 slowly emerged from the shadows to begin the show. Guitarist the Edge offered subtle riffing, with drummer Larry Mullen Jr. and bassist Adam Clayton building tight rhythm.

And finally, there was Bono — appearing from the shadows on one of two long audience-extending catwalks, waving an American flag and kicking things off with the soaring "City of Blinding Lights." Dressed entirely in black with his now signature wraparound sunglasses snug, he wasted little time leading U2 through an entirely satisfying run through its illustrious song catalogue.

"Vertigo," "Elevation" and "I Will Follow" kept the crowd's energy up early on. After launching a sea of clapping hands on the stadium floor, Bono urged the gathered to "Take it to church now" by singing along to "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For."

Rock solid as always, Clayton, Mullen and the Edge got deserved audience props whenever they took a solo or ambled down the catwalks into the crowd. (Each barely said a word the entire show). But it was clear from his first note and response to every word or act that followed that Bono held the bulk of the crowd's attention and affections.

A shout out to O'ahu's North Shore and a slight change of a "Beautiful Day" lyric to "Honolulu right in front of you," by Bono? Roars. Switching an "Angel of Harlem" verse to "New York like a Christmas tree/Tonight Honolulu belongs to me" accompanied by a wide smile? Even louder roars.

Other highlights early on:

i Bono blowing a soulful harp on "Angel of Harlem" on one catwalk while the Edge jammed on the other.

i The band allowing a very excited fan plucked from the crowd to play keys on "Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses."

i A hushed reading of the rarely heard live fan favorite "The First Time" with little more than Bono on vocals and the Edge on acoustic guitar, and a warm embrace by the two at song's end.

Through it all, U2's innovative and massive wall of light LED screen and two raised video screens delivered animations, visuals of the band and other images to the farthest corners of Aloha Stadium, creating a surprising intimacy in the huge venue.

"Love and Peace or Else" effectively launched a seven-song suite of politically-charged U2 faves bridged by the politics of Bono. Donning a headband with symbols representing Christianity, Islam and Judaism partially spelling out the word "coexist," Bono dedicated "Sunday Bloody Sunday" to U.S. military personnel. He finished with his now ritual hoisting of a child from the crowd on stage to chant the song's "No more!" coda.

"Bullet the Blue Sky" ended with Bono crawling down one of the catwalks blindfolded by his "coexist" headband, finally lighting a bright red flare — the only moment in the set and show that came uncomfortably close to unfortunate political parody.

Thankfully, the band redeemed itself with an inspired finish of "Pride (In the Name of Love)," "Where the Streets Have No Name" and "One," rounding out the main set. Prior to "One," Bono asked the crowd to hold their mobile phones aloft and text the Make Poverty History organization. Their freshly added names were later scrolled on the stage's giant LED screen.

U2 offered a couple of apologies during the evening for the show's postponement. (The final 10 concerts of the Vertigo tour, including the Honolulu finale's original April date, had been postponed due to an illness in the Edge's immediate family.)

"Thank you for giving us a second chance," said Bono to the crowd, a few songs into the concert. "Thank you for hanging around."

The crowd roared that it was all OK. Bono then turned to the Edge and thanked him for staying strong.

"For a carbon-based life form, this cat can play," said Bono.

A first encore that featured crowd favorites "The Fly," "Mysterious Ways" and "With or Without You" preceded a second encore that finally brought the concert its first wonderfully little-rehearsed suprises.

Green Day's Billie Joe Armstrong appeared on stage at Bono's request to accompany U2 on guitar and vocals for both band's hit "The Saints Are Coming." Welcomed back after Pearl Jam's incendiary hourlong opening set, vocalist Eddie Vedder and guitarist Mike McReady rocked with Bono & Co. on a cover of Neil Young's "Rockin' in the Free World."

The spectacle of Bono and Vedder sharing a spontaneous dance on stage and McReady and the Edge trading soaring solos even had Kid Rock nodding his head and Anthrax's Scott Ian air guitaring with friends in a field level sound booth.

Done co-leading a stadium-wide "We love the Edge!" chant with Vedder, Bono broke from script and motioned the band for one more song. With just Bono, the Edge, Mullen and Clayton on stage, U2 ended its Honolulu visit quietly with the lovely "Rattle and Hum" ballad "All I Want Is You."

The song slowly coming to an end, each member disappeared from the stage with a wave. First Bono, then Clayton, then a final note from the Edge, until Mullen, bringing his beats slowly to a close, was the only soul left on stage.

"Thank you for waiting," he said, clearly moved. "See you soon."

No group hugs or bows for U2 at the end of another long road trip. They were ready to go home.
  • Options
    Awesome show!!!!! Met tons of wicked cool PJ fans and had the best time EVER.....not to mention **cough "front row" cough**.
    Ed singing Hawaii 78
    http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b138/riomoto/edHawaii78.jpg
    Front row sign courtesy of "Nacho Libre" (Thanks for guarding the poster with your life).
    sign.jpg
    Mike doing what he does best.
    mike.jpg

(Please let me know if the link doesn't work)
    Congrats Andy!
    SL8R still rules
  • Options
    Riomoto wrote:
    Awesome show!!!!! Met tons of wicked cool PJ fans and had the best time EVER.....not to mention **cough "front row" cough**.
    Ed singing Hawaii 78
    Front row sign courtesy of "Nacho Libre" (Thanks for guarding the poster with your life).
    sign.jpg
    mike.jpg

hahaha! fuck yeah! I love that sign!

"Next time U2 opens for Pearl Jam

FUCK YEAH
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • Options
    BUFFALOBUFFALO Posts: 760
    Riomoto wrote:
    Ed singing Hawaii 78
    sign.jpg
    mike.jpg

great pics ...thanks
    Buffalo 96,Barrie 98,Tampa 00,Orlando HOB 03,Buffalo 03,London 05,Hamilton 05 ,Toronto 06,
    MSG 2 08, Buffalo 10, Hamilton 11

awesome show, just got in from hawaii. missed the first 3 PJ songs cause of the fuckin traffic. i was in traffic for 2 and a half hours and ran 2 miles only to get to the stadium and hear the end of elderly women. I was stoked to hear GTF though. rockin in the free world was insane. so much louder than any other song by either band. ed was great on stage, stole the spotlight from bono during free world. he also played the tamborine thing on mike's head, that was funny.
    overall, totally worth the money, totally worth the time. unreal night of music.
    thankyou u2 and pearljam
    I am right by your side

shows:
    7/18/06 SF
    Bridge School night 2 2006
    12/9/06 Hawaii
    E.V. solo show in Santa Cruz
  • Options
    Riomoto wrote:
    Ed singing Hawaii 78
    sign.jpg
    mike.jpg

PERFECT SIGN NEXT TIME U2 OPENS FOR PEARL JAM...IT WILL AND SHOULD HAPPEN...U2 IS GOOD AND ALL AND HAS LASTED A LONG TIME IN THE BIZ I DO LIKE 'EM MAINLY ACHTUNG BABY... BUT THEY JUST DON'T HAVE THAT... WHAT IT TAKES...THAT SOMETHING REAL SPECIAL...THAT ZEPPELINESQUE LEGENDARY POWER...PEARL HAS IT !!!
    Oh dear dad
    Can you see me now
    I am myself
    Like you somehow
    I'll ride the wave
    Where it takes me
    I'll hold the pain
    Release me
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    edwho wrote:

Pearl Jam: (Interstellar Overdrive) / Corduroy, Life Wasted, Do The Evolution, Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town, Even Flow, Hawaii 78, Better Man, World Wide Suicide, Given To Fly, Crazy Mary, Alive, Baba O'Riley *

U2: City Of Blinding Lights, Vertigo, Elevation, I Will Follow, I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For / (In A Little While), Beautiful Day / (Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band) / (Blackbird), Angel Of Harlem, Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses, The First Time, Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own / (La Vie En Rose), Love And Peace Or Else, Sunday Bloody Sunday / (Rock The Casbah), Bullet The Blue Sky / (When Johnny Comes Marching Hom) / (The Hands That Built America), Miss Sarajevo, Pride (In The Name Of Love), Where The Streets Have No Name, One

U2 Encore: The Fly / ((I Can't Get No) Satisfaction), Mysterious Ways, With Or Without You, Window In The Skies, The Saints Are Coming (with Billie Joe Armstrong), Rocking In The Free World (with Ed and Mike), All I Want Is You

~

Was this a sponsored "lets use as many songs with brackets as we can" gig!!!
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    meisteredermeistereder Posts: 1,554
    Just got back from Hawaii. The show was great. I am a much bigger fan of Pearl Jam than U2, so honestly I was a little disappointed at how short the Pearl Jam set was. It was a little bit of a let-down for me, especially since the U2 fan base is so... let's say "across the board."

Highlights for me:

*Pearl Jam winning over the U2 fans -- by the end, I had a bunch of people tell me how great they sounded, and how they were going to see them when they toured again, etc.

*Hawaii 78 was awesome. And everyone there agreed.

*Seeing Pearl Jam play a stadium was sweet -- during Crazy Mary, Eddie emphasized the words "Underneath that sign congregated QUITE A CROWD" and motioned to the whole stadium. I know they were having a blast playing to such a nice crowd.

*Ed and Mike playing with U2 was bad ass, and you could see the love after the song was over -- Eddie running up and hugging Bono like a kid with so much emotion. Hugging Edge and blowing a kiss to Adam Clayton. It was cool to see.

*The U2 fans noticing what a great front man Eddie is. They had the lower part of the stage (Elipse or whatever) sort of blocked off during Pearl Jam, but Eddie didn't give a shit and jumped over the speakers they had set up a few times. He shared wine with the crowd during Crazy Mary. He was being rock & roll, spitting during songs. He was sweating his ass off. He shared his love of Hawaii and the flag a few times. The crowd could tell how sincere this all was and like I said, I think a lot of fans were won over who normally would not have been to a Pearl Jam show. The fact that it was a short set did disappoint me, but all of these other things outweighed it, and I can't wait for the next tour.
    San Diego 10/25/00, Mountain View 6/1/03, Santa Barbara 10/28/03, Northwest School 3/18/05, San Diego 7/7/06, Los Angeles 7/9/06, 7/10/06, Honolulu (U2) 12/9/06, Santa Barbara (EV) 4/10/08, Los Angeles (EV) 4/12/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield 6/28/08, VH1 Rock Honors The Who 7/12/08, Seattle 9/21/09, Universal City 9/30/09, 10/1/09, 10/6/09, 10/7/09, San Diego 10/9/09, Los Angeles (EV) 7/8/11, Santa Barbara (EV) 7/9/11, Chicago 7/19/13, San Diego 11/21/13, Los Angeles 11/23/13, 11/24/13, Oakland 11/26/13, Chicago 8/22/16, Missoula 8/13/18, Boston 9/2/18, Los Angeles 2/25/22 (EV), San Diego 5/3/22, Los Angeles 5/6/22, 5/7/22, Imola 6/25/22, [London 6/29/24], [Boston 9/15/24]
  • Options
    1Vedhead1Vedhead Posts: 147
    Just back this morning - it was an AMAZING weekend (again).

The show was great, but the highlight of my trip was being out in the waves with Eddie and Mike on Thursday at Waikiki! "LukinTimer" and I paddled over to where he was and we chatted a bit and he was fun and friendly. I paddled for a wave with him - he got it!
    After riding a few waves himself (he was one of the best surfers out there), he was teaching Mike. Eddie was just hanging out in the water helping push Mike into waves.

If not at the show or in line, Duke's restaurant on Waikiki was the place to hang out! We were there at some point every day and always ran into fellow fans, sharing "I met Ed" stories, all representing with our PJ shirts.. So fun..

As for the show itself:
    We had GA tix, got to Aloha Stadium around 7 AM on Sat and waited all day. We met some GREAT people in our holding pen! We were surrounded by many Pearl Jam fans (like us, people who like and respect U2 but were there mainly for PJ).
    Noticed that the crowd was VERY international, we also met people from Italy, Slovenia, Spain, Ireland, England.
    Got into the venue around 4:30 and got into the small, center "inner circle".

PJ was GREAT - but it was nothing like the concert the week before.. I know the setlist is posted so I won't repeat here. The whole band was full of energy and having a great time, but it was a set for the U2 fans who might not have been as familiar with PJ.
    But by the end of their set even the die hard U2 people were really getting into it. In fact, just before Eddie and Mike joined Bono on stage, there was a roaring chant of "Ed-die" coming from all the fans.

For me the highlights were "Hawaii 78" and when Eddie Mike and Bono did "RTFW" together - Eddie totally brought the party to the stage.. He was dancing around, hugged Bono, they spun around in circles.. So fun to watch..

Thanks to all my old and new PJ fan friends - (you know who you are) - Bonowall and OneMoreShow are names I know.. What an amazing place to meet and hang out! And thanks to PJ for being an amazing group of guys and the best band around.

I'm now deliriously tired, completely hoarse and trying to get through work today, but it was a trip of a lifetime!
    I got some GREAT pictures and will post them soon!
    LA 7/9/06 & 7/10/06
    The Gorge 7/22/06 & 7/23/06
    Antwerp 8/30/06
    Bridge 2 10/22/06
    Honolulu 12/2/06 & 12/9/06
    Munich 6/12/07
    Katowice 6/13/07, London 6/18/07, Lollapalooza 8/07, LA (EV) 4/12/08 & 4/13/08, Ouside Lands 09
  • Options
    http://web.mac.com/cowboyjunkie/iWeb/U2/U2.html

I posted some decent pics at the above link.

I am a huge music fan and went expecting a great show from both bands. I thought Pearl Jam were brilliant. Eddie is a classic frontman in a Jim Morrison kind of way. The sonic assault of the band's set just blew me away.

U2 did what I expected, played a flawless set where nothing is left to chance. A little too choreographed at times but it has to be given the sheer scale of the show they are putting on. They are untouchable in terms of their ability to touch an entire world with their well crafted songs and execution.

I was disappointed by the fans. There was too much of the "I'm here for Pearl Jam, U2 can't touch them" attitude (and vice verse but to a lesser degree). These are two of the biggest, most successful bands of the last 20 years so its not like being a fan of one is all the unique.
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,225
    not4u10 wrote:
    Damn, U2, Pearl Jam and Alyssa Milano. I should have made this trip.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    spatspat Posts: 644
    those are some great shots! love the black and whites
    http://web.mac.com/cowboyjunkie/iWeb/U2/U2.html

I posted some decent pics at the above link.

I am a huge music fan and went expecting a great show from both bands. I thought Pearl Jam were brilliant. Eddie is a classic frontman in a Jim Morrison kind of way. The sonic assault of the band's set just blew me away.

U2 did what I expected, played a flawless set where nothing is left to chance. A little too choreographed at times but it has to be given the sheer scale of the show they are putting on. They are untouchable in terms of their ability to touch an entire world with their well crafted songs and execution.

I was disappointed by the fans. There was too much of the "I'm here for Pearl Jam, U2 can't touch them" attitude (and vice verse but to a lesser degree). These are two of the biggest, most successful bands of the last 20 years so its not like being a fan of one is all the unique.
    My favorite Pearl Jam song: "Corporate Greed Boat Asshole Behind a Counter in the Oval Office"