Mother Love Bone

2»

Comments

• KathiKathi Posts: 1,828
    I only know the songs PJ covered, really like crown of thorns...what other songs should I check out?
  • Kathi wrote:
    I only know the songs PJ covered, really like crown of thorns...what other songs should I check out?

Like other posters have mentioned, Man of Golden Words is good. This is Shangri-La, and Star Dog Champion for starters. Bone China is also good in my opinion. I would just download the whole album, give it a listen, and see what sticks.
    Member Number: 437xxx

Pearl Jam:
    Key Arena - Seattle, WA - Sep 21, 2009
    Pacific Coliseum - Vancouver, BC - Sep 25, 2011
    Key Arena - Seattle, WA - Dec 6, 2013

Eddie Vedder Solo:
    Benaroya Hall - Seattle, WA - Jul 15, 2011
  • Stardog3..Stardog3.. Posts: 1,527
    Heisenberg wrote:
    veddertown wrote:
    I still have my fingers crossed that one day PJ will cover MLB's Man Of Golden Words.

Cornell does it acoustic and tags it with Comfortably Numb. I'm hoping to hear it again 2 weeks from today :thumbup:

Same here!!!
  • KathiKathi Posts: 1,828
    thefin190 wrote:
    Kathi wrote:

Like other posters have mentioned, Man of Golden Words is good. This is Shangri-La, and Star Dog Champion for starters. Bone China is also good in my opinion. I would just download the whole album, give it a listen, and see what sticks.

thanks for the suggestions!
  • MASMAS Posts: 628
    Kathi wrote:

check out Gentle Groove...been playin the shit out of it lately....
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    Listening to my deluxe set this afternoon - I mean, damn! What happened to Stone between the end of Green River and Mother Love Bone? Groove after grove after groove, insert tasty guitar licks.
    www.cluthelee.com
    "Showdown"? Fuck!! So good. That Ament/Gossard groove in full effect.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Stickman24Stickman24 Posts: 210
    MAS said:
    I prefer Ed's voice over the original artist on just about every cover PJ does, except one......
    Me too
  • ShynerShyner Posts: 1,226
    Bone china, stargazer, gentle groove

• alexross42alexross42 Posts: 352
    "Showdown"? Fuck!! So good. That Ament/Gossard groove in full effect.
    With you 100% on that. Such a good song, wonder if it was in the pipeline for album #2? Far too good to have remained unreleased forever.
    My Music, 'Crowd of Oaks' - Spotify | Bandcamp

Manchester 2000 :: Cardiff 2000 :: Prague 2006 :: London 2007 :: Manchester 2009 :: London 2009 :: Manchester I 2012 :: Manchester II 2012 :: Milton Keynes 2014 :: London I 2018 :: London II 2018

*BRAD* Birmingham 2013 :: London 2013
    I'm glad I picked up the deluxe set. It deserves more chatter on here than it gets or has gotten. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • lotsalemonlotsalemon Boston Posts: 2,734
    I'm glad I picked up the deluxe set. It deserves more chatter on here than it gets or has gotten. 
    Exactly - man there are some killer grooves on that recording. 
    MLB was a phenomenal band. They'll always be one of my favorites. 
    Mansfield 06.28.2008 | Boston 05.17.2010 | Boston 06.19.2011 EV solo | Wrigley Field 07.19.2013 | Worcester 10.15.2013 | Worcester 10.16.2013 | Hartford 10.25.2013
    Vancouver 12.04.2013 | Seattle 12.06.2013 | Memphis 10.14.2014 | Quebec City 05.05.2016 | Ottawa 05.08.2016 | Toronto 05.11.2016 | Boston 08.05.2016 | Boston 08.07.2016 | Amsterdam 06.12.2018 | Boston 09.02.2018 | Boston 09.04.2018

• RiotZactRiotZact Posts: 6,201
    ^^Totally agree with you guys, the MLB reissue was way cooler than the TOTD one but didn't get nearly as much buzz. 
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,941
    RiotZact said:
    ^^Totally agree with you guys, the MLB reissue was way cooler than the TOTD one but didn't get nearly as much buzz. 
    I liked the ToTD one better.   The MLB big reissue seemed to have the same songs as the reissue a few years before that (in fact I think the original reissue a few years back has 2 extra songs on the vinyl).   I liked the fact the ToTD one came with video, especially the bluray of the pj20 ToTD reunion. 

Like ToTD's music more than MLB though.   I'm a little biased.
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    ToTD had Mike. Mother Love Bone didn't, so that's a big advantage when comparing the two. But MLB has some great songs. Chloe/Crown and This Is Shangri-La are both awesome. I remember hearing Stardog Champion on the radio after Andy died but before we knew what Pearl Jam was. If events had unfolded differently I doubt I would have fallen in love with them the way I did PJ but they are a fun band to revisit today.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
    Gentle Groove...damn. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,314
    Can't wait for the new 4K Malfunkshun: The Andrew Wood Story film coming soon.