Options

favorite vacation spot you have ever been to?

2»

Comments

• Options
    SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    While it's not the greatest city, the most fun I've ever had was in Cleveland, basically just because of the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame, if it weren't for that I wouldn't go to Cleveland. I could have spent a week just roaming around that place, but we were just there two days. Then both nights we went to games at Jacobs Field, which at the time was only a year or two old. And now they have the "A Christmas Story House" which would probably be fun to see, just because I've seen that movie 100 times.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,683
    ziobradipo wrote:
    brianlux wrote:
    If I hadn't actually lived there (thus I cannot call it a vacation) I would say San Francisco. It's certainly one of my favorite places to go back to again and again.

Rome was awesome but that was back in 1970 so it's probably changed some since then.

Totally agrre on San Francisco, best city ever, and on Rome too of course... It's not changed so much from the '70 (even if I wasn't born! LOL)

Good to hear! I loved Roma!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    Isle of Iona,Scotland

Tofino,B.C

Orkney,Scotland

Ireland

Paris,France
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”
  • Options
    I can vouch for Santorini. I would have been happy to stay on that patio with my glass of Mythos for my whole vacay.
    Just got home from Turks and Caicos last week. Maybe because I came home to winter :x but I thought the beaches there were some of the nicest I had ever seen.
  • Options
    -Emma--Emma- Sydney, Australia Posts: 2,864
    Its been a long while since i've had a holiday, but I loved New York City and Paris. If I ever make it to Paris again I would like to be able to speak and understand some of their language, because I felt like a moron!

I need to get organised and plan another holiday :)
    PJ: Sydney, 11th February 2003 ♥ Sydney, 26th January 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 20th March 2011 ♥ EV: Perth, 7th February 2014 ♥ EV: Perth, 8th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 11th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 12th February 2014 ♥ EV: Sydney, 13th February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 22nd February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 23rd February 2014 ♥ EV: Brisbane, 25th February 2014 ♥

Eddie Vedder Tribute Videos - Playlist
    The EDvolution of Dance: youtu.be/-HtF3gRYHnE
    eddievedderhallpass.tumblr.com
  • Options
    Paris is nice, beem there 5-6 times, and I speack French! LOL

Memphis was very good too! :)
    6.07.2010 Venice
    4.07.2012 Berlin
    5.07. 2012 Berlin
    7.07.2012 Stockholm

Some words when spoken can't be taken back
  • Options
    __ Posts: 6,651
    I go to Memphis frequently & lived there for awhile & I love it!

My favorite vacations have been to:

Kenya
    (Giraffe Manor in Nairobi)
    ken_nairobi_giraffe_main.jpg
    img_giraffe_manor_nairobi_5.jpg

(Safari in the Masai Mara)
    MasaiMaraSunset.jpg
    1269897145-masai-mara-Kenya-Africa-Masai-Mara.jpg
    masai-mara-tribe.jpg

Tulum, Mexico
    tulum.jpg
    tulum-ruins.jpg
    bird-view-500.jpg

Maui, Hawaii, USA
    KamaoleBeach_Maui__16611_zoom.jpg
    1100787682_bd6ac88dd9.jpg
    Waterfall_under_bridge_Road_to_Hana_Copyright_Iofoto_dreamstime_2044484.jpg
  • Options
    BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Epcot, Rose and Crown
  • Options
    DS1119DS1119 Posts: 33,497
    Love Hoover Dam.
  • Options
    stunning views of breathtaking places I would love to see some day
    Dimi Greece is a must now fuck me those pics are spectacular I could wake up there everyday thats for sure!!!
    alpine lawn not a bad choice I
    I remember that Sat morning b4 the 1st show I had to move my camp cause the rain was coming.
    So I head down around the venue drove all thru those hills. Found a road that lead somewhere I didn't know were
    It lead me to one of my 5 all time most beautiful places that I have ever seen, it was kinda misty and cloudy. Then the sun came out and just made the scene fucking beautiful!!! words can't describe the way I felt. Mind u this is right behind the venue, I could here soundcheck
    I have a few more wow is this really happening to me, but I want to here some of yours....
    thanks again more pics more pics please!!!!!!
    until next time......
  • Options
    Cancun, Mexico

mexicocancunbeach.jpg
    My last message to you ~

You're right. You are a monster! You are sick! Get help!

At least, I am not a fuck-up! A lying fuck-up!
  • Options
    pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    Bermuda! Pink sand beaches, crystal clear blue green water,
    whistling tree frogs and the most stars I have ever seen in my life

The natives are awesomly friendly and the homes very colorful

the Dark and Stormys aren't bad either ... Gosling's Black Seal rum and ginger beer
    yum yum yummy! :D
  • Options
    international destination: it is a tie--Ireland and Germany
    continental destination: How can you choose? Our nation is so varied from north to south and east to west, I could never pick just one spot to return to (except maybe Vegas or NYC but those are not for beauty reasons, obviously. Those are spots I return to multiple times a year already. :D ) I have visited all states except Hawaii and as I try to pinpoint one spot that is the best--I can't.
  • Options
    ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    I really couldn't say what my favourite holiday destination was. I'm not a great traveller, I'm not that fond of planes to be honest. But it is always worth the cold sweats and anxiety when I get there.

Been to some fantastic places and they've all been great for different reasons. I would probably visit them all again if I could. Didn't get a long holiday this year but had a few short city breaks, and they were all fun.

Last year we had 3 weeks in Malaysia/Cambodia, both were beautiful and loved them.
  • Options
    __ Posts: 6,651
    international destination: it is a tie--Ireland and Germany
    continental destination: How can you choose? Our nation is so varied from north to south and east to west, I could never pick just one spot to return to (except maybe Vegas or NYC but those are not for beauty reasons, obviously. Those are spots I return to multiple times a year already. :D ) I have visited all states except Hawaii and as I try to pinpoint one spot that is the best--I can't.

That's because you've never been to Hawaii. ;)
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    Alaska
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,154
    so m any beautiful places around the globe.. :)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    So many places in this world thats kinda why I started this thread. I want to see and try everything
    but I know I want be able to. So I wanted to get all of you kind folks opinion on a favorite place they have been to or seen. So thanks again everybody
    Alaska is for sure up there I've always wanted to fly a plane over that state.
    Your rite too many places
    Jamaica is up there for me, certain areas anyway
    I did get to fly in a small plane from Ocho Rios to Negril that was something I will never forget.
    Another place I would love to visit were ever EV did his uke album pictures some awesome pictures in the book that came with the LP if you ordered it. I think a lot if not all are in Hawaii correct me if I am wrong.
    until next time......
  • Options
    LoulouLoulou Adelaide Posts: 6,247
    Been to a few places but these were my top 3 in no particular order:

1. Fiji was beautiful, really relaxing and the people are amazingly nice!
    2. Chicago was awesome, people are sooooooooo nice there too and shopping was great.
    3. Scotland was really pretty and interesting historically.
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    Eddie Vedder, Adelaide 2011
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Adelaide BIG DAY OUT 2014
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,378
    Costa Rica was amazing....can't wait to go back someday.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,223
    Komodo National Park, Indonesia
    komodo_island.jpg

Table Mountain, South Africa
    view_from_table_mountain.jpg

Puerto Princesa, Philippines
    Puerto-Princesa-Subterranean-River-Philippines-National-Park-02.jpg

Jeju, South Korea
    jeju-island_5101.jpg

Iguazu Falls, Brazil-Argentina
    iguazu.jpg

Amazon Rainforest
    amazon-river.jpg

Halong Bay, Vietnam
    halong%20bay2_thuyen%20vang.jpg
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,835
    For city breaks- Madrid, Berlin, Prague are up there.

Beaches- Tulum