Options

*** Santiago 11/22 Fanviews Here

SeaSea Earth Posts: 2,923
edited December 2005 in Given To Fly (live)
If you were at the show, please tell us about it here.....

Set list: Release, Corduroy, Last Exit, Hail Hail, Do The Evolution, Given To Fly, I Am Mine, Grievance, Small Town, Even Flow, Lukin, Not For You/(Modern Girl by Sleater Kinney), Daughter/(Blitzkrieg Bop), Down, Jeremy, Save You

1st encore: Go (before Go Ed gets the crowds to sing the names of the guys in the Ramones), Better Man, Black, Alive
2nd encore: I Believe in Miracles (by the Ramones), Baba O'Riley (by The Who), Yellow Ledbetter
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    pjhabitpjhabit Posts: 211
    Pretty standard setlist, w/ a nice opener.
    Well, what did all you first timers think?
    Boise 11/3/00~Fargo 6/15/03~Winnipeg 9/8/05~St. Paul 6/26/06~6/27/06
  • Options
    It an okay set, kind of generic, but probably an incredible experience.
    Life reveals what is dealt through seasons
    Circle comes around each time
  • Options
    To play a show that contained lots of rarities, b-sides and other diehard 10c favourites in a location that never gets to see Pearl Jam, would probably not be the greatest idea. That being said, it'll be interesting to see what they do on the second night :)
    06/15/03 Fargo
    09/04/05 Calgary
    09/07/05 Saskatoon
  • Options
    boozmboozm Posts: 15
    I dont know if its just me but does anyone agree that this show lacked a bit of energy from the band? the crowd seemed really into at the start but I felt like a lot of the songs felt rushed as if the band couldnt wait to get to the end...? Towards the end of the show things got better... anyone feel the same?
    My faith in the human race is replenished every time I see an adult riding a bicycle.
  • Options
    the show was short, that was for sure.............................
    ************EVENFLOW PSYCHO#41************

http://www.powdermag.com/features/news/jackson-hole-tram/index.html

Make sure you pay a visit to the Tram before it goes......
  • Options
    bgranatobgranato Sao Paulo Posts: 29
    it was a GREAT SET!!! since is the first time they played in Chile, they`re right to choose most of singles insted of b-sides or diehard favorites... and for the first of two nights, it was amazing! so tonight the second show I hope they change 70% of their set and maybe they`ll play less hits... but in the end, it was the best show ever for a chilean fan... please don`t come with that "it was an ok set" shit... we don`t need the arrogance of those who have seen PJ live before more than 10 times... PJ just rocked Chile and I wish I was there!
  • Options
    bgranato wrote:
    it was a GREAT SET!!! since is the first time they played in Chile, they`re right to choose most of singles insted of b-sides or diehard favorites... and for the first of two nights, it was amazing! so tonight the second show I hope they change 70% of their set and maybe they`ll play less hits... but in the end, it was the best show ever for a chilean fan... please don`t come with that "it was an ok set" shit... we don`t need the arrogance of those who have seen PJ live before more than 10 times... PJ just rocked Chile and I wish I was there!

i agree..........it had all the classics.........im sure it was a hell of a show........................maybe just a little longer.............i cant even remember the last time pj played less then 25 songs....................
    ************EVENFLOW PSYCHO#41************

http://www.powdermag.com/features/news/jackson-hole-tram/index.html

Make sure you pay a visit to the Tram before it goes......
  • Options
    So, how as the show the crowd?

Something Eddie said about the first PJ show in SA?

Any pictures????
    So i'll just lie alone and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    Hola!!!

Some more questions... it was OK just 15 minutes to enter all the 10C members?

Did you get good place next to the stage?

Were some merchandise being sell after (or before) the show?
    So i'll just lie alone and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    I said up there that the show lacked in energy from the band but I have to add that they really got fired up after SAVE YOU and the tracks following Save You have a really cool feeling to them. Track highlights for me are: Corduroy, Last Exit, Even Flow, Down, Save You, Go, Black (cool impro at the end), Alive (loud crowd unity!), I Believe In Miracles

BTW it's evidenced here that Eddie's never had a Spanish lesson!
    My faith in the human race is replenished every time I see an adult riding a bicycle.
  • Options
    bgranatobgranato Sao Paulo Posts: 29
    i agree..........it had all the classics.........im sure it was a hell of a show........................maybe just a little longer.............i cant even remember the last time pj played less then 25 songs....................

yes, a little short but enough to rock... but let`s see what happens at tonight show and then argentina and brazil...
    I think last time when they played australia and japan they played 23/24 songs each show... I don`t know, maybe yeasterday was "only" 23 songs because they talked too much between songs? I mena, they could be on stage for 2 and a half hour and played 23 songs... maybe 20 minutes Daughter... I don`t know... let`s wait for full reviews...
  • Options
    Yeah! the first place in the floor section!!
    merchandise after and before of the show
  • Options
    keyserkeyser Posts: 67
    i cant even remember the last time pj played less then 25 songs...

Santiago was 23 songs, same of Quebec/05, one less then St. Johns-2/05....

On the broadcast we've been able to heard live, the guy said that was "raining a lot...". Maybe, that's the explanation for the band low energy.
    If nothing is everything, I will have it all
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    i cant believe weve gone almost 2 months without people bitching about set lists. its asshole season again!!!!
  • Options
    yer, ed made reference to the rain when he said 'thanks to the clouds for keeping us cool' - i have a feeling that tomorrow's show is going to be very good - i think they just needed to get warmed up a bit!
  • Options
    eduardoeduardo Posts: 151
    i have been at the show i think its really powerful, i heard an awesome crowd. I expect the bootleg sounds as i feel on the field

the "hits set list" was propertly for the first southamerica visit, i think so.

i expected more variety on the tonight show, and want to hear rvm, slot, animal, i got shit, insignificance, rockin on the free world, an some others like
    b sides songs

When Baba o riley began i was in my point of hapiness!
    11.09.05 Kitchener
    22.11.05 Santiago
    23.11.05 Santiago
    11.06.08 West Palm Beach
  • Options
    eduardoeduardo Posts: 151
    9:00 am at Santiago and its raining..........

Sun????
    11.09.05 Kitchener
    22.11.05 Santiago
    23.11.05 Santiago
    11.06.08 West Palm Beach
  • Options
    FelipeFelipe Posts: 89
    What a powerful show we had last night. After a long and hot day,
    started pouring some rain just a couple of songs into mudhoney's setlist
    - (damn they are good). When PJ went on stage, everything was definitely
    wet - though rain was still pouring slowly.

I could barely hear the opener - Release - because all the cheering and
    screaming in front rows (I was in first row, just in front of Stone).
    When Release was ending, Eddie started walking backwards and he tripped
    into a guitar and fell off. He took it very well, and didn't say a thing.

Seemed to me that it was a little short, Ed almost didn't speak between
    songs -his spanish sucks ;) - but it was as intense as any other I've
    heard. Crowd sang every Pearl Jam song -including Down- and vibed with
    Baba and Miracles (two of my fav songs). Sometime during the first
    songs he spotted a guy with a Ramones t-shirt and after an encore -can't
    remember if it was first or second- he started chanting "Ramones ---
    Joey- -- Ramones --- Vinny" (sorry if i don't know the names, but you
    get the idea) and looking towards the sky. And then jumped into
    Miracles. Then he handed a tambourine to this fella.

Eddie has some throat problems, maybe he's sick or something, but he
    apologized a couple of times and asked for us to help him with vocals
    (as if he had to ask!). Mike was -as usual- a one man show, and Ed gave
    us a great performance, jumping anytime he could, and sliding through
    the wet stage. Stone had some fun throwing tabs and watching how
    everyone fought for one. He was very nice to one guy that asked him
    politely for a tab through all the show, and handed him one through the
    security staff.

I'll write more when the bootleg refreshes my memory. I need to get some
    -more- sleep before today's concert. And by the way... it's raining
    again. I wish they play Wash.

Love,
    Felipe
  • Options
    Well it was a great show, full of all the hits, I think the crowd was really in to the show, and I never felt they were lacking energy from the band, but maybe the rain took them by surprise. I was a bit surprised to see that the band had such a short setlist though, since i knew the setlist from Canada, but I did have an amazing time on the show.

Someone asked about the 10c members entry, well it was enough time to get places up front, but since it was a general admission show, when everyone else entered the stadium we were left crushed against the grate. So many of the girls, and boys too, from the 10c, had to get out, and go to the back because they couldn't resist the pressure from the crowd, about 15 (I guess) out of 80 had to leave.

About the merchandise, well I did check it out, they had some really cool t-shirts, but I didn't see any posters.

Well today I'm watching the show from the back, and I guess I'll buy a T-Shirt

Amazing 1st show

Cheers
  • Options
    sounds awesome. You lucky things!! Im so jealous.

and i have to say personally....when i get to see the boys again next year *fingers crossed* i really wont mind what they play.....they could play anything and i would just be happy to listen to that sweet sweet music....thats just me tho.

Go on ya Chileans....hope you enjoy the rest of the tour :)
    he who forgets will be destined to remember
  • Options
    EraserheadEraserhead Stoke-on-Trent Posts: 2,842
    PJguy wrote:
    i cant believe weve gone almost 2 months without people bitching about set lists. its asshole season again!!!!

Best. Post. EVER!

:D
    Manchester 04.06.00, Leeds 25.08.06, Wembley 18.06.07, Dusseldorf 21.06.07, Shepherds Bush 11.08.09, Manchester 17.08.09, Adelaide 17.11.09, Melbourne 20.11.09, Sydney 22.11.09, Brisbane 25.11.09, MSG1 20.05.10, MSG2 21.05.10, Dublin 22.06.10, Belfast 23.06.10, London 25.06.10, Long Beach 06.07.11 (EV), Los Angeles 08.07.11 (EV), Toronto 11.09.11, Toronto 12.09.11, Ottawa 14.09.11, Hamilton 14.09.11, Manchester 20.06.12, Manchester 21.06.12, Amsterdam 26.06.2012, Amsterdam 27.06.2012, Berlin 04.07.12, Berlin 05.07.12, Stockholm 07.07.12, Oslo 09.07.12, Copenhagen 10.07.12, Manchester 28.07.12 (EV), Brooklyn 18.10.13, Brooklyn 19.10.13, Philly 21.10.13, Philly 22.10.13, San Diego 21.11.13, LA 23.11.13, LA 24.11.13, Oakland 26.11.13, Portland 29.11.13, Spokane 30.11.13, Calgary 02.12.13, Vancouver 04.12.13, Seattle 06.12.13, Trieste 22.06.14, Vienna 25.06.14, Berlin 26.06.14, Stockholm 28.06.14, Leeds 08.07.14, Philly 28.04.16, Philly 28.04.16, MSG1 01.05.16, MSG2 02.05.16
  • Options
    panchatopanchato Santiago, Chile Posts: 73
    WTF! The show didn't lack energy from the band! Were you there? Eddie was an animal on the stage, and the guys gave a lot of feedback to the crowd. Mike was really into it, for sure. The band was awesome!!!

Although I agree that the show was too short. 23 songs are a little less from waht I expected.

It was one of the best experience of my entire life. I have no words for waht I felt when the guys appeared on the stage. Thank You Pearl Jam!!
    22/11/2005 | San Carlos de Apoquindo, Chile
    23/11/2005 | San Carlos de Apoquindo, Chile
    25/11/2005 | Ferro, Argentina
    26/11/2005 | Ferro, Argentina
    16/11/2011 | Monumental, Chile
    06/04/2013 | Lollapalooza, Chile
    04/11/2015 | Estadio Nacional, Chile
    22/11/2015 | Maracana, Brazil
  • Options
    FedericoFederico Posts: 7,916

it was exactly two months ago, in St John...not so far away!
  • Options
    kerrangkerrang Chile Posts: 434
    alright boys and girls.. I'm totally DESTROYED! after yesterday's show, it was AMAZING!... the crowd went nuts from beginning to the end, it was a non-stop chaos and we enjoyed it so much. I can barely move now :p but it's ok, it was our first experience and it was an excellent performance.
    Stone looked happy (it's not a usual thing for him I think) he was amazed by us, the crowd. Mike went NUTS!.. he jumped with us the whole evening!
    Eddie sayd something like "... when we come back" maybe soon? :D
    The setlist was a pretty standard one.. but it was their first night in SA.. It was obvious, mostly hits... Hope tonight we get to hear leash, sad, spin the black circle, habit, wash or something.. hehe.
    KICK ASS!
    Santiago, Chile (November 22, 2005)
    Santiago, Chile (November 23, 2005)
    Santiago, Chile (November 16, 2011)
    Sao Paulo, Brasil (March 31, 2013)
    Santiago, Chile (April 06, 2013)
    Santiago, Chile (November 04, 2015)
    Santiago, Chile (March 13, 2018)
    Santiago, Chile (March 16, 2018)
    Rio de Janeiro, Brasil (March 21, 2018)
  • Options
    WEAK!!! WEAK!!! WEAK!!! WEAK!!! WEAK!!! WEAK!!! WEAK!!! WEAK!!! WEAK!!! WEAK!!! WEAK!!! WEAK!!! WEAK!!! WEAK!!! WEAK!!! WEAK!!! WEAK!!! WEAK!!! WEAK!!! WEAK!!! WEAK!!! WEAK!!! WEAK!!! WEAK!!!

Especially for the South American Opener...VERY WEEK!!!
    He is alive but feels absolutely nothing.
    So is he?
    When he was six he believed that the moon overhead followed him.
    By nine he had deciphered the illusion trading magic for fact.
    No tradebacks...
    So this is what it's like to be an adult
    If he only knew now what he knew then...
  • Options
    FedericoFederico Posts: 7,916
    Eraserhead wrote:
    Best. Post. EVER!

:D

yep!...totally agree
  • Options
    Always The Same, They Tend To Rock It The Better Towards The End, Although We Should Be Happy, Or At Least The Guys Who Got To See Them. In Argentina I Am Expecting Some No-singles Songs As Well, Some In My Tree, Sad, Green Disease, Etc I Hope We Can Get Some Of That Too, Its Not That Im Asking For Happy When Im Crying. And I Hope We Can Get A Show With 25 Songs Minimum...
    no son personas, son mujeres
  • Options
    swardsward Posts: 586
    I think there are definite curfew restrictions in those parts..and someone can correct me if I'm wrong. A friend of mine lived in Chile for awhile and indicated to me that the shows would likely 'have' to be shorter. Anyone know if this is accurate?
  • Options
    It was incredible. Eddie and the guys played impecable!!! and Eddie was quite relax drinking our chilean wine!!

Although the cold and the light rain..it was awesome

and today i will go again!!!!!!!
    CHIEF
    I`m not trying to make a difference..no way
  • Options
    zantszants Posts: 1,556
    Hey good for you who could see the show!
    And enjoy it again today!

2 days to Bs.As. F*$%&/ awesome!