Options

*** Buenos Aires 11/26 Fanviews Here

Comments

• Options
    Maybe because Pearl jam have never played there before they are playing a real radio friendly set list. I know that if had never seen them live before, I would want to hear jeremy, Evenflow, Daughter, Alive, SOLAT, Betterman, GIven to Fly regardless of whether they had been played the night before. People are turning up to seee these songs played live, not B-sides and rarities.

Coull'nt agree more, I was one of them
  • Options
    FedericoFederico Posts: 7,916
    Buru wrote:

Now... it's bootleg time!!
    :D

bootleg time its about to come!!!!

my god this Java thing is fuckin quick!!!..cool
  • Options
    BuruBuru Posts: 8,473
    f3d3z wrote:
    bootleg time its about to come!!!!

my god this Java thing is fuckin quick!!!..cool

Excelente!!!
    y la banda de Guille... cuando toca?
  • Options
    Buru wrote:
    Excelente!!!

In english, desacatada!
  • Options
    mmm....like you can hear some people singing in the background in the bootleg...isn it?:D:D:D
  • Options
    PeryPery Posts: 1,740
    I've just registered, only to say this: THANKS, FOR THE BEST NIGHTS OF MY LIFETIME...

I was waiting for you since Ten...a long, long time ago, in a galaxy far far away.
    But the Force finally brought you down here.

Now I know that you will come back, and I'll be waiting.
    Buenos Aires 25 - 11 - 2005
    Buenos Aires 26 - 11 - 2005

********Proud 2 b Jammer!*******
  • Options
    SDTSDT Posts: 3
    As everyone here... Last night's was a show that brought me 10+ years back ..in fever, fanatism and good rock..

Happy to see Pearl Jam at last!
    Happy to feel as happy as I do!

The only sad thing was not to be able to listen to it on radio as well :D
  • Options
    Turco-MdQTurco-MdQ Posts: 1,583
    esto va para los grossos del thread argentino: (Uds. Saben quienes son)

no escribo en el thread por que nos lo coparon con un monton de mensajes de gente nueva (y encima acabo de leer que un idiota habla de los "Los niñitos del ten club", se llama Epicpj, un estupido..andate a tu casa a escuchar a creed)...me revienta, porque los que hablan al pedo son tipos que tienen como mucho 5 posts y bardean a gente que esta desde el primer dia del thread...respeten a los que estaban primero e iniciamos este thread, sino vayanse

pero lo que me pidieron del setlist esta listo, porque los quiero...asi que me mandan por pm las direcciones y el correo argentino se los hara llegar a la brevedad...

lo mismo con las fotos, estoy trabajando para subirlas...increible lo de las pizzas de ayer a la noche...se disfruto tanto como el show...
    un pleno paga 35 veces la apuesta realizada...
  • Options
    I listened to the radio broadcast last night. I don't know if it was just because i was hearing it live but Ed's voice was fuckin' POWERFUL!!! He screwed up the lyrics quite a bit but his voice soared!

Standard setlist but awesome crowd and awesome performances by the whole band. Amazing show.
    "This town deserves a better class of criminal... and I'm gonna give it to them."

• Options
    Hey people. I'm new here. I'm Colombian but I'm currently living in Buenos Aires and attended last night's show. Here's my review I wrote on my blog for those of you who care to read it:

Anyone who thinks Pearl Jam is dead has obviously never seen them live. (get it?)

Buenos Aires, Argentina. November 26, 2005, one of the most iconic bands from the nineties show up to finally pay back a country for 15 years of continued love and support. The environment in the Ferro Stadium was filled with an overpowering excitement; the day felt heavy and tense, people were shuffling from one place to the other. People shoving, pushing, a crowd of twenty five thousand, willfully packed like sardines in a tin can hoping to see the band they've loved for so long live and direct.

Looking through the crowd you could tell it was gonna be a special concert. There was everything, from mohawked punk rockers who were obviously hoping for something like "Spin the Black Circle" to preppies, to pink-haired, flannel-wearing grungers. The smell of marihuana was as intense as the electricity that filled the environment. And as I stood there, waiting, I could pretty much tell this was gonna be the best concert experience I ever had.

And out came Mudhoney.

Probably the biggest unsung heroes of the early nineties grunge rock scene, Mudhoney had energy and charisma to spare. This is a band that was eclipsed, both musically and commercially, by bands like Alice in Chains, Soundgarden, Nirvana and even the band they were opening for last night, the mighty Pearl Jam. Regardless, they went out, grabbed their guitars, greeted the crowd with a simple "hola" and started ripping through song after song, with the intensity of a 1970's punk rock band. I was way up front, so I was pretty much pushed into the mosh pit all the time, at first being a bit reluctant but after a while getting into it. It was hot, it was intense, it was fucking amazing. And as we bounced off each other and were kicked and punched and pushed from one side to the other, there was a feeling of unity. Any person who fell to the floor was immeadiately helped up by the others, anyone who suddenly didn't look like they were doing too hot were helped out of the pit. It was unbelievable to be a part of, and by the end of their setlist, Mudhoney had won the crowd over.

When they were done, everything went dead quiet. The crowd knew what was coming and they couldn't help but feel like they had to absorb every single key in, take in as much of the experience as possible. We waited for a good 30 minutes while the roadies set everything up, and I recognized PJ's bass tech George Webb from his appearance on the video for "Down". It was a long wait that felt like forever, but then, when the lights went out, we knew it was gonna be worth it.

With the spanish version of the song that PJ made so famous in 1999, "Last Kiss", Eddie and the gang came out and sang along with the crowd. Eddie was sporting the beard he featured in the "Touring Band" DVD and Mike McCready, formerly a pudgemeister extraordinaire, looked incredibly slimmed-down and more energetic than usual, having been nearly unrecognizable at first. From the very first few chords of the first song, the Yield hit "MFC", through hard rocking classics like "Save You" and "Hail Hail", the crowd went absolutely insane, pushing me and squeezing me to the point of actually worrying I might fall on the floor and suffocate to death, but after a while the rush subsided and everybody focused on enjoying the performances.

Seeing them in front of us after years and years of live DVDs and official bootlegs was an incredible experience. Even those didn't do the band justice. They were on fire, sounding more vibrant and energetic than I've ever seen, overcoming the crunky production of their post-Vs. albums and playing with an accuracy and enthusiasm that is perhaps a bit absent from their studio work. This band is definitely a live experience. They are trobadours who have perfected their art with time, and their art is definitely delivering the most overwhelming and emotional live shows rock music has ever seen. Eddie's voice was better than I've ever heard it. The crowd was incredible, feeding off the bands energy as much as the band fed off the crowd's unbridled enthusiasm. People sang their hearts out and were content in just letting go of everything. Letting go of whatever problems they have and just connecting emotionally to the beautiful songs that PJ were playing. "Elderly Woman..." seemed particularly poignant for me, as I couldn't help but think of how much I missed my friends and family from back home, and every one of them was in my mind as I, accompanied by a crowd of 20 thousand, sang our hearts out: "Me you wouldn't recall / for I'm not my former / it's hard when you're stuck upon the shelf/ Oh, I just wanna scream Hello!/ Oh my God, it's been so long / I never dreamed you'd return / but now here you are, and here I am / Hearts and thoughts, they fade away". Heartwrenchingly beautiful.

Eddie dedicated the amazing "Love Boat Captain", a brilliant song from Riot Act tainted by sludgy production, to the people who died in the 2004 Cromagnon club tragedy, a nightclub set ablaze by a freak accident, killing 200 people. This resonated with the crowd and when Eddie sang "if our lives became too long, would it add to our regret?" everybody in the crowd felt it. Everybody. It was the same through the majority of the songs. From the mindless good time of "Do the Evolution" to a song that's as emotionally intricate as it is intensely hard-rocking, "Don't Go", with which they finished their first set. When they came back for the first encore, before they even played the first note, they were overwhelmed by a crowd that was literally singing for them. 20 thousand people joined together and singing "Ole ole ole, ole ole ole olá, ole ole ole, cada día te quiero mas". Eddie looked genuinely touched and thanked us before ripping straight into one of the most beloved non-album PJ songs, "State of Love and Trust". Then they played a particularly beautiful rendition of "Black", and I just lost it. In those 8-some minutes, everybody in the crowd felt the same way. When Eddie screamed "All I taught her was everything", everybody felt that heartbreak, that anguish, that feeling of loss and regret that the song expressed so well. And absolute catharsis when we all yelled out "I know someday you'll have a beautiful life / I know you'll be a star / in somebody else's sky / but why? / why? / why can't it be / Oh, can't it be mine?".

After a great "Betterman" and a re-worked version of "Porch", the band left again and minutes later came back for another encore, which they kicked off with a proper version of "Last Kiss". But then came the highlight of the show for me. You all know me well enough to know how much I love the Ramones, and how moved I was last year when The Offspring played "Blitzkrieg Bop" in their Bogota concert. Well, this time it was even better. In spanish, Eddie talked to us about how last year he lost one of his best friends. "You know him too," he said, "his name is Johnny Ramone and I miss him every day". With this, the crowd went insane, and Eddie dedicated the next song to his friend's memory. This song was a cover of the Ramones classic "I Believe in Miracles", which I jumped around and sang my lungs out to like a genuine idiot. But hours of standing up, thirst, overwhelming heat and muscular pain wasn't enough to keep me from totally rocking out to this amazing performance.

Then the guitar ripped into "Alive", and everybody lost it. This arena anthem generated the biggest reaction from the Argentina fans, and it's obvious why. Argentina is a country that's characterized itself with a history of incomformity, political struggles, the fall of their economy, literally rising up against their once-president and bringing him down. And through all of it there remains a spirit of survival, of taking matters into their own hands, of walking straight into the fire and coming out of the other side, burned but stronger. As a Colombian, a country characterized by a history of mediocre comformity, I can't help but admire Argentina in this aspect. This is why "Alive", a song about survival through the most fucked up of situations, resonated that way with the crowd. It's empowering to be able to come out of this and say "fuck it, you know what? I've been through all of this shit, but I'm still alive".

They ended the night with an incredibly rocking version of Neil Young's "Rocking in the Free World" followed by a beautiful "Yellow Ledbetter", one of my favorite songs ever. Mike McCready ended the show with a triumphant guitar solo, and PJ took their time saying goodbye. It was amazing. It was cathartic. It was way better than I ever thought it would be. It had that feeling of release that probably spawned the whole grunge scene back in 91, when Michael Bolton, Janet Jackson and the lot had their collective asses handed to them by a group of flannel-wearing Pixies fans with a voice, a message, muscle and volume. Just like then, in a time when Luis Miguel and Juanes sell out within minutes of tickets going for sale, there was a light cutting through the wave of watered-down shittyness.

Last night, from the very second Mudhoney played that very first chord, to the last lingering note of Mike McCready's final extended solo, 2005 Buenos Aires was transformed into 1991 Seattle. And you know what? It was fucking glorious.
    "Looking in the eyes of the farmer
    You've got to know your banana
    Banana! Banana!
    Banana! Banana!
    WWOOOEEEHEHHUUHHHJ!!!!!!!!!"
  • Options
    zantszants Posts: 1,556
    Thanks! Just that.
    One show...was excellent. But a second one...damn.

You made me cry, you made me laugh...you show me feellings I didn´t know.
    THANKS!
  • Options
    Hey people. I'm new here. I'm Colombian but I'm currently living in Buenos Aires and attended last night's show. Here's my review I wrote on my blog for those of you who care to read it:

Anyone who thinks Pearl Jam is dead has obviously never seen them live. (get it?)

Great review man!...almost totally agree....almost
  • Options
    eddie me señalo desde la punta del escenario, yo estaba subida arriba de mi novio, haciendole todo tipo de gestos con los brazos para que me viera!!!!!!!

sorry, I don't know how to say that in english, i'm a shame as an english speaker/student or whatever.
  • Options
    EwankEwank Posts: 108
    Cactus wrote:
    eddie me señalo desde la punta del escenario, yo estaba subida arriba de mi novio, haciendole todo tipo de gestos con los brazos para que me viera!!!!!!!

sorry, I don't know how to say that in english, i'm a shame as an english speaker/student or whatever.

She said ¨ Eddie pointed at me from the stage. I was on my boyfriend`s back, doing all kinds of gestures so taht he could see me¨

On the other hand, I screamed my lungs out saying ¨ Stone, I wanna hear you sing¨. It didn`t happen :(
  • Options
    (sorry mi spanish, but I need to write this in my language).

Quería contar q tengo 31 años, soy fan desde mis 16 o 17 de Pearl jam y en este tiempo mis impulsos se fueron moderando y me fuí transformando en adulto.

Me compré el disco ten porque ví un video de un tipo q se colgaba del techo en un show y me dije, "uhh, eso es actitud..." me compré el cd y lo fuí masticando y fuí viendo que Mtv pasaba cada vez más videos, y de a poco fui comenzando a entender que había algo más que música en esta banda... y cuando salió el 2º disco me lo compré enseguida y me encantó, empecé a aprender guitarra, y los acordes en inglés por una canción (small town), escuchaba nirvana también y podía tocar sus canciones que eran más fáciles que las de pearl jam.

Ya estaría por mis 19, 20, no se... seguía en plena adolescencia, dolido por no saber quien era, tratando de identificarme, con necesidades de pertenencia y de entender q me pasaba y entonces ese otro loco se pega un tiro en la cabeza. Y yo pensaba uhh, uno de mis referentes se mata porq las cosas se le fueron de las manos y el otro no da señales de vida, no hace videos, se pelea con los medios... ufff... encima de todo se pelean con ticketmaster y nisiquiera podrían salir a tocar... y yo en argentina, lejos de todo, ni siquiera tenía internet por esa época... podría haberme copado con otra banda un poco más mediática, tal vez con metalica, ellos si vinieron a argentina una vez, por qué no?...

Pero de a poco fuí empezando a entender eso de los ideales. Eso q veía en el punk de sex pistols o en john lennon, incluso bob marley... de a poco fuí empezando a entender que por comprarme una remera del "Che" no me compraba sus ideales, no, no alcanzaba con una remera roja... se necesitaba algo más para creer, y yo necesitaba algo en que creer...

Y en una disquería apenas salió me compré el tercer disco, un librito, un librito???? juaaaa, excelente! increible! q creatividad!, me sorprendió sin siquiera escucharlo, y cuando lo escuché me encantó... esas canciones me recuerdan algo latente que no puedo describir pero q me retrotraen a esas épocas... y después el cuarto disco y la verdad q la creatividad mejoraba aún eh, y las canciones también, y decían q se estaban por separar... menos mal q no lo hicieron.

Y en la radio hicieron un sorteo para ir a verlos tocar en Roma, y mandé 1.000 cartas, y nada... no gané... y creo q hasta soñé con ese viaje y con estar cerca de la banda, jaja...
    Y mientras en mi vida me las arreglaba como podía, trabajando mal por poca plata, estudiando una carrera q no me gustaba, saliendo con la chica equivocada... la vida no era como yo quería...

Por la altura de Yield, las cosas seguían medio mal, cada vez peor, pero por lo menos un tipo me decía q hay q ceder un poco para poder vivir en este mundo mercantilista, y q eso no significa perder, sino es aprender del pasado de las cosas que hiciste y de las que querés seguir haciendo...

Por la época de binaural yo seguía en un caos de personalidad, de que quiero con la vida... y encima el disco no me gustaba demasiado... y los tipos no venían más!

Ya para riot act, tenía unas cuantas desiciónes tomadas, y con otras más por tomar, como dice la canción "...the in between is mine..."estaba haciendo algo con ese intermedio.

Ya no pensaba tanto si los vería o no, ya no me molestaba tanto, pesaba que lso iría a ver en una de estas giras.... y de pronto me dieron ganas de subscribirme al ten club y se escuchaban rumores de q vendrían... no me quise ilusionar, además ya estoy grande y las emociones se van templando...

Pero resulta q sí, q vinieron y los ví, y me puse muy contento porque salté como un adolescente, canté como un perro y hasta me emocioné viendo a ese artista q se limpiaba los ojos, mientras todos ahí entendíamos su dolor...

Y me di cuenta en el recital q todo el mundo cantaba las canciones... que por momentos no lo escuchaba a ed. Y que había unas 20.000 personas q se sabían las canciones, la identidad, la honestidad de esa banda, personas a las que no conocía ni voy a conocer, pero que sintieron de una manera lo q yo sentí esas noche, porque a ellos también les estuvieron pasando cosas en estos últimos 15 años.
  • Options
    MFHSMFHS Posts: 9
    Great reviews mariano_j and The Platypus, I felt much things like you!
    I feel like a grandma of all the fans that i view in the stadium and here, I'm 43. I searched for other between my age in the stadium, and we were a very few (especially women), it make me feel very proud to be there!
    I couldn't go to the 2nd show; I went to the 1rst only, and I very sorry for that.
    I felt like a teenager when they played, I clapped, I jumped, I shouted, I sang; my hands was in red and swell, and hurt me so much, but I didn’t stop, I couldn’t stop!
    PEARL JAM was glorious, was biggest, was strong, was deepest..
    PEARL JAM IS THE BEST!!
  • Options
    Dear Jammers around the world, you can read many reviews here ´bout the shows, but if you want to really get what it was to be there, check Black from the saturday concert (November 26). I was in the front row on Friday, and a little bit back on Sat, both shows amazing, please get the Bootlegs, you will love´em.
    I absolutely support the idea of a DVD from both shows!!!!!!!!! Please, Sony, Columbia, Pearl Jam, or anyone, make another dream come true!!!!
    12 years waiting were a lot, but that´s a memory, I´m so Happy!!!!!!!!!
    PJ, come back soon, we´ll be waiting for more guitar parts to sing!!!!!
    Barrilete Cosmico, de que Planeta Viniste?????

BA Shows on DVD NOW!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Platypus,

Loved your post!!! Just great!
    :)
  • Options
    quiero decir algo..pero que?

siento como un vacio en el pecho
  • Options
    f3d3z wrote:
    quiero decir algo..pero que?

siento como un vacio en el pecho

si.......

al final, la compu de mis viejos murió ayer, o murió el monitor...
    mal momento eligió para su último respiro!
  • Options
    Buru wrote:
    si.......

al final, la compu de mis viejos murió ayer, o murió el monitor...
    mal momento eligió para su último respiro!

volví.....

quizas la compu de tus viejos fue la que mejor entendió el momento
  • Options
    I'm very new in this 'forum' matter, but such intense moments like friday and saturday night, drove me to write. i can't quite describe the emotions that i felt, all i can say it's that i cried like a little boy, i couldn't believe my senses...i was floating between the clouds. for sure, both nights are in my top 5 moments of my life (31 years). PJ...you're the best band in the whole world, thank you for so much hapiness, joy and inspiration. everytime i talk, listen or see something related to the concerts, i start feeling the shakes and i get chiken skin. wow! again!!!
    all i'm looking foward is for their next visit.

fueron las noches mas memorables de mi vida! que banda, por Dios!!!
    gracias tambien a los argentinos por ser un publico de puta madre!
    gonna make you smile!
    what the f*%# is this world turning to....?
  • Options
    amazing.. incredible, glorious, I don`t know what to say but this weekend was the best weekend in my life, listening black live!!?!?
    guau..

I`m in shock jjaja
    Gonza vedder...(sorry for my english)
    "You think I've got my eyes closed, but I'm looking at you the whole fucking time."
  • Options
    buru como andas??
    tanto tiempo .. hace mucho que no posteaba.. ya no se deben acordar de mi jajaja

Que recital por dios que recital... todavia estoy saltando... jajaja impresionante...
    Gonza vedder...(sorry for my english)
    "You think I've got my eyes closed, but I'm looking at you the whole fucking time."
  • Options
    Buru wrote:
    Platypus,

Loved your post!!! Just great!
    :)

Dude, I think I saw you guys and your flag. You were laying it across the floor a few hours before the show started, and I just stared at it for a while and you guys looked at me like "what the fuck is this guy looking at"

I was the tall guy in the pink Che Guevara shirt.
    Banana! Banana!
    Banana! Banana!
  • Options
    Dude, I think I saw you guys and your flag. You were laying it across the floor a few hours before the show started, and I just stared at it for a while and you guys looked at me like "what the fuck is this guy looking at"

mm guess it werent us, so....we were in first row all day...teh flag was hanging from the fence...anyway, we are still very overwhelmed with the flag thing....at least me
  • Options

As Fede said, I don't think it was us
    :p
  • Options
    Oh.

well, fuck it. It was still an awesome concert.
    And I got to mosh to fucking Mudhoney, man. Rock!
    Banana! Banana!
    Banana! Banana!
  • Options
    buru como andas??
    tanto tiempo .. hace mucho que no posteaba.. ya no se deben acordar de mi jajaja

Que recital por dios que recital... todavia estoy saltando... jajaja impresionante...

hola nene!!

que recitales, no?
    :D

No paro de entrar en el foro.......
  • Options
    pato29pato29 Posts: 42
    Another magic night, incredible, fu**ing amazing!!!!!!!

They rock on again, from beginning to the end......

These bootlegs will be incredible. I can't express what I felt better than Buru... she said everything.

I just want to say that my 13 years old dream came true.

I'm already downloading the boots, dreaming for a DVD or some kind or video.

Hope they'll never forget and come back soon. We'll be waiting like if it was the first time.