Options

*** Porto Alegre 11/28 Fanviews Here

SeaSea Earth Posts: 2,923
edited November 2005 in Given To Fly (live)
If you were at the show, please share your fanviews here...

Set list: Long Road, Last Exit, Animal, Do The Evolution, Green Disease, Jeremy, Grievance, Cropduster, Even Flow, Better Man, State Of Love And Trust, Daughter, Habit, Given To Fly, Immortality, Save You, Rearviewmirror

1st encore: I Got Shit, Crazy Mary, I Believe In Miracles (with Marky Ramone on drums), Alive
2nd encore: Small Town, Corduroy, Blood, (Matt's birthday celebration. Crowd sings Portuguese Birthday song), Baba O'Riley, Yellow Ledbetter
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    I wish..I wish......I wish!!
    I was there!
    Pierre

I live in Laval, I'm looking for some musicians to make a band. Drum, bass and guitar are needed. More songs with voices can be sent on demand.
    www.myspace.com/fridayzodds
    www.myspace.com/vignesartichots
  • Options
    10 setlist points for cropduster!
    8-23-00, 8-24-00, 8-25-00, 11/14/02(letterman), 4-30-03, 6-6-03, 7-6-03, 7-8-03, 7-9-03, 7-12-03, 7-14-03, 9-28-04, 9-29-04. 10-1-04, 3-18-05 (northwest school), 9-2-05, 9-4-05, 9-15-05, 9-16-05, 9-30-05, 10-1-05
  • Options
    Immortality and I got SHIT.

What a night.
    I miss you already, I miss you always
    I miss you already, I miss you all day
  • Options
    Long Road, SOLAT, Immortality, I got shit, Crazy Mary, Blood, Baba O'Riley... PLUS, BRAZILIAN GIRLS? WOW, That's just........ (no words)

I hate you all!!! Lucky bastards!!! : )
  • Options
    Long Road, SOLAT, Immortality, I got shit, Crazy Mary, Blood, Baba O'Riley... PLUS, BRAZILIAN GIRLS? WOW, That's just........ (no words)

I hate you all!!! Lucky bastards!!! : )

FUCKIN PICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?p=2848604&posted=1#post2848604

The First Casualties Of WorldWideSuicide.....Viva La Pearl Jam!
  • Options
    My time is coming!!!!!!

The wainting is driving me mad!!!!!!

Their finally here! And I can´t believe it!!

ANd MARKY RAMONE ON DRUMS!?!?

FUCK!
    São Paulo I 2005
    São Paulo II 2005
    Nijmegen 2007

Just waiting!

"There IS an open door, for you to Come Back" in Brazil!!
  • Options
    ChloeDancerChloeDancer São Paulo - SP (Brazil) Posts: 58
    Gigopepo wrote:
    My time is coming!!!!!!

The wainting is driving me mad!!!!!!

Their finally here! And I can´t believe it!!

ANd MARKY RAMONE ON DRUMS!?!?

FUCK!

My time is coming too!!! São Paulo Dec 02 and 03 I´ll be there! Our gaúchos friends had lucky enough to listen "Long Road" as opener, and then "I Got Shit" and "SOLAT"
    Great setlist!
    So please Pearl Jam, open with Oceans here!!!!!!
    Just more 3 days :)
    Bye!
  • Options
    Some pictures at:

http://musica.terra.com.br/planetaterra/interna/0,,OI774810-EI5858,00.html

Then click on:

"Confira fotos do show em Porto Alegre"

People who went to the show are sleeping yet. But I could saw some reviews yesterday. And wow...what a night!
    So i'll just lie alone and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    The photos from the tenclub boot can be seen on http://www.pearljamonline.it

Enjoy!
    Prague 1996
    Salzburg 2000
    Vienna 2006
    Munich 2007
  • Options
    PJaddictedPJaddicted Posts: 1,432
    Nice show!!!! Some of my favorite songs! Long Road, SOLAT & I Got Shit!

oxc
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

*May the Peace of the Wilderness be with YOU*

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
  • Options
    skatehalle wrote:
    The photos from the tenclub boot can be seen on http://www.pearljamonline.it

Enjoy!

Mikey with the flag over him looks pretty sweet.
    2008-06-28\\2008-06-30\\2006-05-25\\2006-05-24\\2006-05-13\\2005-10-03\\
    2004-09-28\\2004-09-29\\2003-07-11\\2003-07-02\\2003-07-03\\2000-08-29\\
    2000-08-30\\1998-09-16\\1998-09-15\\1996-09-26\\
  • Options
    I´m listen now and... is fucking awesome!!! But looks like they cut the end of Last Exit and some parts when Ed speak in Portuguese...
    Pray
    We don't need to change
    Our ways to be saved
    That's all we want to be
    Watch us freak !!!
    Roots Bloody Roots - SEPULTURA
  • Options
    Shit!! Marky Ramone was there?? I wish he´d be in Rio too.. my god I think I´ll not hang up the crying at the show

Can´t wait till Friday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WE LOVE YOU PEARL JAM!
  • Options
    bgranatobgranato Sao Paulo Posts: 29
    WHAT A NIGHT!!!
    my first PJ live experience... I`m too tired to write so here`s the highlights...
    they opened with Long Road, amazing...
    Immortality had a beautiful solo...
    I Got Shit was a request, some guy were wearing a t-shirt that reads "I got shit"... them Ed ask for his shirt and played the song...
    on Crazy Mary,Ed sang in a different note in the middle...great!
    I Believe in Miracles with Marky Ramone on drums was fantastic...
    Reviewmirror was powerfull...
    on Alive, Ed put a big brazilian flag on Mikes back...very cool...
    also, we celebrate Matt`s birthday singing Happy Birthday in portuguese...some roadie brought a cake and they threw on each other and on the fans...
    the band was on fire, so the fans...
    that`s why I felt lucky and thankful to be there...
    ps: sorry about any english mistakes...
  • Options
    Thank You So Much Ten Club For Making This Come True, I Was At Front Row, Like In Buenos Aires, But The Difference Tonight Is That I Hadnt To Struggle For My Life, I Was Right In Front Of Ed, Screaming The Shit Out Every Fucking Lyrics, At The End Of The Show I Was Literally Voiceless, No Shit. Incredible Setlist, Matt Came To Where I Was At The End Of The Show And Gave Me His Yellos Wrist Towel (i Dont Know The Name In English) Then I Asked Jeff For A Pic And He Politely Asked The Guard To Hand It To Me, Man, What More Can I Ask For, It Was A Fucking Luxury!!!! Thank You Pearl Jam , Youre The Greatest Band Of The History!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    no son personas, son mujeres
  • Options
    thank you from my heart to the warm ppl of brazil ( o mais grande do mundo) that made us feel super welcome, and to salvanor who allowed us in to me and my friends!!!!!! viva brasil!!!!!!!!!!
    no son personas, son mujeres
  • Options
    Thank You So Much Ten Club For Making This Come True, I Was At Front Row, Like In Buenos Aires, But The Difference Tonight Is That I Hadnt To Struggle For My Life, I Was Right In Front Of Ed, Screaming The Shit Out Every Fucking Lyrics, At The End Of The Show I Was Literally Voiceless, No Shit. Incredible Setlist, Matt Came To Where I Was At The End Of The Show And Gave Me His Yellos Wrist Towel (i Dont Know The Name In English) Then I Asked Jeff For A Pic And He Politely Asked The Guard To Hand It To Me, Man, What More Can I Ask For, It Was A Fucking Luxury!!!! Thank You Pearl Jam , Youre The Greatest Band Of The History!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Awesome Johnny, you realy diserve it all, that´s AGUANTE!

Dii !!
    Bs As 25-26/11/05

Q VUELVAN YA YA YA!!

D!!ego )))
  • Options
    With this "Given to Fly" quote, you can have an idea of what happened in Porto Alegre last night.

I doubt any other band will rock this town again like those guys did. The crowd was totally insane, jumping, screaming, claping, singin. The band was on fire, Jeff and Mike are just crazy on stage. And Eddie... OMG Eddie Fuckin' Vedder himself in front of us. This guy has such a control over the audience that is impossible not to be captivated by him.

We've waited for this. We've waited for 15 long years. Then Eddie starts the show singin' Long Road... "and I wished for so long..." I couldn't count how many people I saw crying in this moment. That's mean, Eddie. Betterman was just beautifull, we all sang with him, you'll hear in the boot. No low points in this show. Jeremy, Even Flow, SOLAT, Given to Fly, RVM, Immortality... the set speaks for itself.

The first encore started with I Got Shit, a T-shirt request. Then came the absolutelly beautifull Crazy Mary (thanks God they decided to play it here) and I Believe in Miracles with Marky Ramone on the drums. Marky sometimes make some concerts with a Punk Rock band from Porto Alegre (Tequila Baby), so I guess he was hanging around here this week. And then, Alive. There's nothing I can say to describe what happened when they played Alive. Maybe a World Cup final against Argentina, with a 5-0 victory.

The second encore started with EWBCST, then Corduroy, and then Blood, with Eddie screaming like a maniac, and the band turning the stage into a piece of hell. What an explosive performance. Baba O'Riley and Yellow Ledbetter to rap it up. Just perfect.

It was Matt's birthday, so we all sang Parabéns à Você (Happy birthday to you), while they were throwing pieces of cake at each other and on the crowd. In the end of the show, Boom asked a jersey of my glorious and world champion team (Grêmio) and wore it. Man, that was the perfect finale for a perfect night. Curitiba, Sâo Paulo and Rio, you have no idea. Wait and see.

Marco
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,108
    So cool that everyone is having such a great time.

Question...any other US fans that get a little jealous about people being able to be front row GA?

I've only been to one GA Pearl Jam show in 1996 and I was 3rd row at the beginning but had to pull my wife (girlfriend at the time) back. Still easily the best PJ show I have ever seen. Probably should have stayed up front and found another girlfriend. ;)
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    TeddyledbetterTeddyledbetter Seattle, WA Posts: 473
    tatalva wrote:
    Some pictures at:

http://musica.terra.com.br/planetaterra/interna/0,,OI774810-EI5858,00.html

Then click on:

"Confira fotos do show em Porto Alegre"

People who went to the show are sleeping yet. But I could saw some reviews yesterday. And wow...what a night!

Nice Picture of Mike draped in the flag... I imagine this was a sweet show!
  • Options

Question...any other US fans that get a little jealous about people being able to be front row GA?

YES! Very jealous!
    Only a week and a day before I see them in Monterrey. I'm doing excercises as of now.
    *does lunges*
    "every show is a great show. bitches...." --twolegsyield
  • Options
    DigMeOut wrote:
    10 setlist points for cropduster!

Don't you mean -10 points for cropduster?
  • Options
    kenny olavkenny olav Posts: 3,323
    good to see all you folks are having such a good time.

*catching a flight to Brasil in my mind*
  • Options
    Sea wrote:
    If you were at the show, please share your fanviews here...

Set list: Long Road, Last Exit, Animal, Do The Evolution, Green Disease, Jeremy, Grievance, Cropduster, Even Flow, Better Man, State Of Love And Trust, Daughter, Habit, Given To Fly, Immortality, Save You, Rearviewmirror

1st encore: I Got Shit, Crazy Mary, I Believe In Miracles (with Marky Ramone on drums), Alive
    2nd encore: Small Town, Corduroy, Blood, (Matt's birthday celebration. Crowd sings Portuguese Birthday song), Baba O'Riley, Yellow Ledbetter

WOW ! Really nice setlist.

Cropsduster, Habit, Immortality, I Got Shit...
    Sounds like you guys had an awesome night.

Cropsuster is definately a plus !

IMO the best setlist in the SA tour so far.
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options

I've only been to one GA Pearl Jam show in 1996 and I was 3rd row at the beginning but had to pull my wife (girlfriend at the time) back. Still easily the best PJ show I have ever seen. Probably should have stayed up front and found another girlfriend. ;)

Not really, I attended GA shows from 1991-1998 and it was AWESOME but now that I'm over 25 I dont think I'd enjoy all that pushing and shoving.. LOL

I actually enjoy having my seat and my space to dance and jump and scream withough having to worry about some big ass guy trying to make it to the front while he is smashing my every bone and my poster...
    (unless it's a small club gig of course)

Im sure the folks in SA are having an awesome time over there though.
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options

its funny you say that. ive been to 3 GA shows, two in 95 and one in 98. i never went to the front, but i was fairly close at one of the shows (san jose 95). the crowd was bad enough where I was at. but, I had forgotten how crazy things can get. i was at the grand rapids show in 2004, and was 5th row, and the crowd was nuts even with seats. my girlfriend had to switch seats with me because the guy on her right was bouncing up and down and pumping his arms, and kept almost hitting her in the head. with all of the movement up there even with seats, she didnt have a great time. so theres no way she could handle a GA show.
  • Options
    kenny olavkenny olav Posts: 3,323
    Not really, I attended GA shows from 1991-1998 and it was AWESOME but now that I'm over 25 I dont think I'd enjoy all that pushing and shoving.. LOL

I actually enjoy having my seat and my space to dance and jump and scream withough having to worry about some big ass guy trying to make it to the front while he is smashing my every bone and my poster...
    (unless it's a small club gig of course)

Im sure the folks in SA are having an awesome time over there though.

I agree with 100% that. GA is not for me. Not only do I not like the pushing and shoving, but I'm a pretty tall dude, so inevitably I get kicked in the head by crowdsurfers. I'm there to enjoy the music, not be enveloped by a mass of people.
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,073
    mapborges wrote:
    With this "Given to Fly" quote, you can have an idea of what happened in Porto Alegre last night.

I doubt any other band will rock this town again like those guys did. The crowd was totally insane, jumping, screaming, claping, singin. The band was on fire, Jeff and Mike are just crazy on stage. And Eddie... OMG Eddie Fuckin' Vedder himself in front of us. This guy has such a control over the audience that is impossible not to be captivated by him.

We've waited for this. We've waited for 15 long years. Then Eddie starts the show singin' Long Road... "and I wished for so long..." I couldn't count how many people I saw crying in this moment. That's mean, Eddie. Betterman was just beautifull, we all sang with him, you'll hear in the boot. No low points in this show. Jeremy, Even Flow, SOLAT, Given to Fly, RVM, Immortality... the set speaks for itself.

The first encore started with I Got Shit, a T-shirt request. Then came the absolutelly beautifull Crazy Mary (thanks God they decided to play it here) and I Believe in Miracles with Marky Ramone on the drums. Marky sometimes make some concerts with a Punk Rock band from Porto Alegre (Tequila Baby), so I guess he was hanging around here this week. And then, Alive. There's nothing I can say to describe what happened when they played Alive. Maybe a World Cup final against Argentina, with a 5-0 victory.

The second encore started with EWBCST, then Corduroy, and then Blood, with Eddie screaming like a maniac, and the band turning the stage into a piece of hell. What an explosive performance. Baba O'Riley and Yellow Ledbetter to rap it up. Just perfect.

It was Matt's birthday, so we all sang Parabéns à Você (Happy birthday to you), while they were throwing pieces of cake at each other and on the crowd. In the end of the show, Boom asked a jersey of my glorious and world champion team (Grêmio) and wore it. Man, that was the perfect finale for a perfect night. Curitiba, Sâo Paulo and Rio, you have no idea. Wait and see.

Marco

WOW!! That gave me chills!
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    MineAmIMineAmI Posts: 114
    love the way they ended HABIT....faster and harder. kinda like RVM. great! :)
    we were but stones....your light made us stars
  • Options
    I was in front row, almost in front of Stone. It was my second PJ show, but this was really special because they played in my hometown.

The guys were great, putting lots of energy into each song. It was very fun. The setlist was IMO one of the best so far in the SA tour and there were some special moments that make a concert unike. We had Marky Ramone on drums, Matt's "birthday party" with the guys really having fun, Jill was there with Olivia, and Stone and Boom were wearing the t-shirt the Brazilian fan club made for the tour.

It was nice to meet our friend JohnFromHell. You'll be always welcome here in Brazil!