*** Sao Paulo 12/2 Fanviews Here

2»

Comments

• and so everywhere else they pronounce diferently, its the accent!!!!!!!!!! jesusssssssssssss.
    juliana
  • lefanlefan Posts: 9
    So you're a fan of the boring, generic, uninspired jackoff "prog" bands that are sucking all the excitement, life and energy out of rockn'roll?

That's pretty cool. Hey, did you check out the latest STEVE VAI dvd?

Rush, Dream Theater, King's X = Generic??

Since this is a PJ board, I will draw out some connections for you.

FYI...

Jeff Ament loves King's X and even worked on a project recently with Doug Pinnick. Actually Jeff even claims that King's X "invented grunge".
    King's X also opened several shows for PJ on the VS tour.
    Pearl Jam also digs Rush and Dream Theater, heavily. So instead of wasting your time talking out of your ass, do some research.
    Oh yeah....Matt Cameron drums on Geddy Lee's solo album also.
    A F'n proud, drunk (90% of the time) French Canadian.
  • PJ_Lukin wrote:
    I don't know about the rest of you, but I find these fanviews just great. It is inspiring to see these GREAT fans at their most appreciative moments.
    It really brings it home for me, what this band is really all about, the fans.

I cant wait to hear what music comes out of this tour. Remember, Ed said he was bringing his typewriter to finish the record down there!

Diddo my friend, from accross the world fans who are into PJ as much (or maybe more if possible than we are) BEAUTIFUL!

I have to change my Location since I am international - Tulsa, USA
    HOB 10.05.2005, E Rutherford 06.03.2006, The Gorge 07.22.2006, Lolla 08.05.2007, West Palm 06.11.2008, Tampa 06.12.2008, Columbia 06.16.2008, EV Memphis 06.20.2009, New Orleans 05.01.2010, Kansas City 05.03.2010
  • lefan wrote:
    Rush, Dream Theater, King's X = Generic??

Since this is a PJ board, I will draw out some connections for you.

FYI...

Jeff Ament loves King's X and even worked on a project recently with Doug Pinnick. Actually Jeff even claims that King's X "invented grunge".
    King's X also opened several shows for PJ on the VS tour.
    Pearl Jam also digs Rush and Dream Theater, heavily. So instead of wasting your time talking out of your ass, do some research.
    Oh yeah....Matt Cameron drums on Geddy Lee's solo album also.

Pearl Jam likes those bands, so I'm supposed to like them, right?
    Awesome. Well, Pearl Jam just loves Mudhoney. And Steve Turner and Mark Arm used to be in Green River, which, as you of course know, Stone and Jeff were a part of.

My connections > your connections. There. Now you have to like them.

I win.
    "Looking in the eyes of the farmer
    You've got to know your banana
    Banana! Banana!
    Banana! Banana!
    WWOOOEEEHEHHUUHHHJ!!!!!!!!!"
  • ChloeDancerChloeDancer São Paulo - SP (Brazil) Posts: 58
    I have no words to explain what I felt at my first PJ concert!!! UI never thought it was sooo good to see them playing live! I always imagined how it could be, but I would not expect such an increadible concert like they did Friday...
    When they open with Go, everyone starts jumping and I bet no one was expecting this song as an opener...And then Hail Hail and Animal in sequence...The crowd went nuts with Animal!! Everyone singing and jumping also...Like in Corduroy...
    I almost cry when I heard the first riffs of Given to Fly, and during this entire song also...The crowd was totally into this song, singing every verse, and that part "arms wide open etc.." everyone with the arms up!! It was very emocional to me, I have to confess Given To Fly it´s a great song in studio version, but the live version really overcome my expectations!!! Fantastic!!
    I was singing every song with all my strenght...Faithfull was a surprise to me...beautiful...Untitled also...I got shit...Oh my...
    When they started Man Of the Hour, I almost have a heart attack...This song is one of my favorites from all time, and hear that at my first PJ concert it was a blessing for waited for 15 years...thanks so much PJ!!! Eddie speaking in Portuguese about Johnny Ramone it was very touching also...We could feel his sincerity and emotion in every word he said...
    I loved Don´t Gimme No Lip with Stone on vocals, and at the chorus part Stone starts jumping with his finger pointed up and doing some movements with his hand...It was so funny...:)
    Yellow Ledbetter was beautiful!!! Specially the end with Mike solo...I was speachless when the concert finished...I though "oh my, I can´t believe it my dream come true and it was so beautiful!"
    And then I was just expecting for Saturday concert...
    I will post my review from Saturday on the other thread...I remember since I started to visit Pearl Jam sinergy website (in 2000) I always read the fanviews and I always thought and asked myself:"maybe someday I will write one of them????"
    And here I am now :)

Thanks Pearl Jam!!!!!!! I have waited for this moment since 1992!!!!

Bye!
  • MeddleDealMeddleDeal Posts: 2,547
    OMG! I love these fanviews..you guys totally had SO much fun out there. I am glad that you guys got such an amazing show and you TOTALLY deserve it!! :D

Great setlist! Great night for you guys! It has DEFINITELY been a long time coming and you guys are SO rewarded!!:)

Keep them coming!!
    ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~
    ~*STONEY PONY all the WAY!*~
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
    "For the world, not for the war"-Neil Finn
  • muiren77muiren77 Posts: 3,511
    That's cool! Stone and Matt exchanging roles...i wish i was there...
    ryoko wrote:
    I guess words cannot describe how awesome it was last night! But I'll try to post here anyway. First thing to say is that Mudhoney is an awesome band and it was really an agressive opening. Then when PJ came, the crowd barely started screaming and they already started with Go! I guess everyone was shocked!!
    In my opinion Mike and Eddie were the most excited last night. Ed almost lost his voice during the Porch opening. Mike was jumping and running through the stage all the time! And it was really cool when he sat on the edge of the stage to play the solo for Glorified G!
    Seeing Stone singing Don't Gimme No Lip was amazing too. And the big surprise for the ending was seeing Matt and Stone exchanging roles for Yellow Ledbetter. It was really cool when Ed introduced Stone on drums saying that he was the ruler of them all! Oh.. and Mike's final solo was something really awesome!

Thank you Pearl Jam for a memorable night!!!
    what is essential is invisible to the eye

apparently, 07162056 is THE date...
  • I´m really happy to read that Brazilian guys got a great concert too!! I red that Chile ones were incredible, I was in both shows in my home town (Buenos Aires) and were incredible, now our friends from Brazil say that their shows were...incredible!!!! So, it´s easy to find out that...this is THE INCREDIBLE TOUR 2005!!!!!!!!!
    Thanks PJ for such great concerts in the name of all your fans from South America.
    And for all of us SA brothers and sisters, let´s keep this that way...WE ARE BROTHERS AND SISTERS, SO LOVE AND PEACE BETWEEN US!!!!!!!!!
    Barrilete Cosmico, de que Planeta Viniste?????

BA Shows on DVD NOW!!!!!!!!!!
  • GabiGabi Posts: 6
    Set list: Go, Hail Hail, Animal, Green Disease, Corduroy, Given To Fly, Even Flow, Faithfull, Untitled, MFC, Porch, I Got Shit, Once, Glorified G, Do The Evolution, Better Man/(Modern Girl), Alive

1st encore: Man Of The Hour, I Believe In Miracles, Last Kiss, Don't Gimme No Lip, Rearviewmirror
    2nd encore: Save You, Black, Jeremy, Yellow Ledbetter (Stone plays drums, Matt plays acoustic guitar)

Well, what can I say about a setlist like this ???
    Go was fucking amazing, they barely enter at the stage and started to play...I was expecting Eddie speak to the crowd before but no, they got into the satge and started with GO !!!!!!! Unbelieveble !!!!
    Hail Hail, i couldn´t stop screaming, Animal too, Green Disease no coments...Corduroy I lost my voice, Given to Fly I cried from the beginning to the end. and this list could go on and on...

I agree and I can´t see hou to improve the fanviews before mine...It was a dream come true !!!

I belive in Miracles !!! Pearl Jam at Brasil !!!!!

I am speachless....have no words to describe how I felt and how I´m still feeling about this concert !!! (actually both concerts..)

Thanks PJ for give 40,000 brazilians these chance !!!

P.S: Sorry about my grammar....I have never studied english...my teachers are PJ !!!
  • NebuNebu Posts: 3
    Great to see that our Brazilian brothers are having a good time like we have in Argentina !!!!

Hope they come back soon....!!!
  • Hi everybody !!!

I would like to describe the exact feeling when we saw the band on the stage...
    Here in Brazil we were waiting for so long and I´ve almost lost the hope after thousand of rumors concerning an latin america tourne during many years... but, in fact, it happened and I just want to say:

THANK YOU Pearl Jam !!!

Every single minute of waiting it´s worth a lot !!!

Denise
  • I was there...and i think, by far it was one of the bests shows i ever went to...but that's ok 'cause i'm a fan since i was 12, which means 13 years ago...no, i don't have an autograph, i don't have a close picture, i don't have a pick or anything else, but i have that music...i might say that if i had enough money i would be there on the second concert, but i hadn't...and that it's not sad, cause i was there...i was there and i still feel the chills when i close my eyes and i remeber the fisrt chords from "Rearviewmirror" (and of course, he read my mind)...that tears that rolled down to my face when i heard "Black" (the best song of the concert)...the great vibe when i saw Stone jumping, singing "Don't gimme no Lip"...when he played "I Got Shit" was awesome...and the 40.000 people singing "Betterman", and "Alive" and "Jeremy"...the way i knew all the songs and all the lyrics and i sang that from the top of my lungs...i couldn't see them because i was very very far from the stage, i just saw on the screen, but i heard...and i heard Ed trying to say something in Portuguese, and it was extremely cute...

I hope the promisse he made is true...i wish i could see them again...for the only reason, the music that changed my whole life...
    saw things so much clearer
  • inmyrvminmyrvm Posts: 933
    eriqueta wrote:
    Pearl Jam
    Sao Paulo, 2 Dec 05

PERFECT!!!

It took 15 years for Brazilians to see Pearl Jam live, but yesterday we were all rewarded.

It was all wild and intense and touching and lovely. The band was great and so was the crowd. Every single person in that football stadium was jumping and shouting as loud as possible.

I had never seen something like that. 40,000 people feeling and acting the same way, from the guy in the first row to the last one to enter the stadium. I was in a high seat so I could see the whole place going totally insane. Eddie seemed very thrilled and he was staring at the crowd all the time.

It was really beautiful when Eddie talked about Johnny Ramone (encore break 1). Everybody applauded and started to shout “hey ho let’s go!”. “Can you hear them, Joey? Can you hear them, Dee?”, he asked while looking to the sky.

Eddie spoke a lot Portuguese (he is great!) and told us that they were always impressed by the Brazilian flags in their shows around the world and that they were happy for finally coming to play for us (encore break 2).

Another highlight was Better Man. Eddie started singing, but stopped when he realized that the whole crowd was singing along. The first part of the song was only the guitar and the audience. Wonderful!

Black was one of the most beautiful songs in the set. At this time, all the stadium lights were on, so we could see everything and everybody. Eddie thanked the audience. I had tears in my eyes and a big smile at this moment. And then Eddie blessed us with the best compliment we could possibly receive: “It's better than Seattle. This is better than Seattle”. Needless to say we all went totally crazy. "Next time, maybe 2 or 3 years, not 15. Maybe one!". "You've made a sad song very happy, so thank you very much, thank you for everything".

During Jeremy, Eddie ran in a passage in the middle of the pit. All the lights on, everybody screaming and Eddie running through the crowd. Really really beautiful.

All a fan could ever dream of.

---

Pictures from the press:

http://www.estadao.com.br/especial/extraonline/galerias/pearl0312/index.htm
    that last picture is fuckin priceless
    "Fuck the talkin' let's start rockin" - Eddie Vedder 9-5-00 Pittsburgh
    4/26/03 Pittsburgh 5/3/03 State College 7/12/03 Hershey 10/1/04 Reading 9/28/05 Pittsburgh 5/20/06 Cleveland 6/23/06 Pittsburgh 6/22/08 DC

friends don't let friends listen to good charlotte
  • keyserkeyser Posts: 67
    But i've just arrived from my (exhaustive) trip. Anyway, i'll try to share something with everyone.

So...my very first PJ live experience....made all the way with my long ago converted girl (we are together for...hum....ten years...and, since them, i didn't bought any album or dvd anymore, except boots :)).

For over a week i couldn’t sleep right, with all the worrying about hotels, busses, will call tickets, security (it's a main issue here, with GA and all)....So, on that afternoon, i was really nervous.

We entered the stadium as soon as it was open and had the opportunity to grab a very good spot, but, for the sake of safety, we choose to stay a little behind, near the security fence.

The hours passed like days. By the time Mudhoney hit the stage, all the place was already fulfilled. And, as nobody knew any song of them, it remain all quiet (how is that possible...those guys really rocked).

Them, Mudhoney goes. Half hour to the show. Man... the feeling was like that a single spark would blow all the place! Lots of tension! That little song for the sound check....that's torture.

All of the sudden: GO! Hail Hail! Animal! Only if you were in the middle of the pack you'll know the exact feeling. You didn't even need to jump: people jump for you, and you go together. When Animal ended i thought: "if they play DTE, a tragedy will happen". But, luckily, Green Disease came out, and, for instance, where i was, only i knew the words.

More hits and every single soul on that place singing with all their strength. I've heard people complaining about how the crowd seems not so loud on the boots...It doesn't even make justice to my voice today. But that had already been discussed.

Man of the Hour debut was also magical. Not even the presence of Glorified G and Last Kiss could f**k with this set. By the end of Jeremy, when i tried my last jump, my legs just failed, and i almost hit the ground. Had to save for more to come :).

I thought that i was going to cry a lot, but only happened on "i got shit". All the show i was jumping like crazy, screaming like that was no tomorrow....But, oddly, i developed a strange reaction to hearing the boots....i cry on every song!
    If nothing is everything, I will have it all
  • keyser wrote:
    Not even the presence of Glorified G and Last Kiss could f**k with this set.

I feel obliged to disagree with you. Apart from the fact that Glorified G is one of the best Pearl Jam songs ever, the mere presence of the band in Brazil was enough to justify any set list choice. I´ll tell you something my friend: even if Pearl Jam did not play one single song and sat on the stage talking to the audience for 2 hours it would have been worth it. The concert was perfect!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Hold my hand, lie beside me...
  • Poca_ BRPoca_ BR Posts: 260
    It was a kind of religion... it was a kind of cult... everybody (even spoken a bad english, like someone said before - and it was a stupid comment) singing louder they can... every song was like the last song of our lives... no fights, just love, sharing the space, sharing sweat, sharing experiences in line, sharing voices...
    It was incredible, it was amazing... it was better than Seattle!

OFF HE GOES....
    meat is murder
    *Molto Abrigato*

God, what do you say?
  • I literally just got back from Brazil five minutes ago and wanted to read these reviews.. My body and mind are completely drained but worth every bit of energy and money spent to make this trip happen. I can't tell you how many times I have seen Pearl Jam, but this first show in Sao Paulo might have been my favorite show ever. You guys really got a treat. The setlist from start to finish was perfect and the energy was something from a show back in '92 or '93. AND I LOVE THE BRAZILIAN PEOPLE. You guys were amazing, so friendly, so passionate and KNEW EVERY FREAKING WORD:)..which is more than I can say for some shows I have seen here stateside. Also, got a huge kick out of watching the fans do the waive before Pearl Jam came out on stage, you guys know what you are doing when it comes to having a good time. I usually don't like it when they play Jeremy(it got too played here in America), but damn was that intense to watch everyone get so into it. Mike was on fire and letting Stone play drums and Matt play guitar on Ledbetter was pretty damn cool too. K, I'm braindead, so sorry if I have rambled, but I am going back to Brazil as soon as possible..Went to the Rio show too, but that's a whole other story. Brazil, YOU GUYS ROCK. Love ya all. Thanks for the hospitality and an experience I will NEVER forget.

ScottyB
  • scottyB wrote:
    Also, got a huge kick out of watching the fans do the waive before Pearl Jam came out on stage, you guys know what you are doing when it comes to having a good time.

Hehehehehe, that was really funny :)

Everybody was so happy and connected with each other that the whole stadium was having fun together even before the show. I wish I had a picture of that!

Thanks for the great review, Scotty! Come back soon (to see PJ again - Ed promised us they would come back next year!) :)
    Cristiano wrote:
    I feel obliged to disagree with you. Apart from the fact that Glorified G is one of the best Pearl Jam songs ever, the mere presence of the band in Brazil was enough to justify any set list choice. I´ll tell you something my friend: even if Pearl Jam did not play one single song and sat on the stage talking to the audience for 2 hours it would have been worth it. The concert was perfect!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I totally agree with you... I never expected them to sing Glorified G.. it was a wonderful surprise... It's a great song!
    meat is murder
    *Molto Abrigato*

God, what do you say?
    scottyB wrote:
    I literally just got back from Brazil five minutes ago and wanted to read these reviews.. My body and mind are completely drained but worth every bit of energy and money spent to make this trip happen. I can't tell you how many times I have seen Pearl Jam, but this first show in Sao Paulo might have been my favorite show ever. You guys really got a treat. The setlist from start to finish was perfect and the energy was something from a show back in '92 or '93. AND I LOVE THE BRAZILIAN PEOPLE. You guys were amazing, so friendly, so passionate and KNEW EVERY FREAKING WORD:)..which is more than I can say for some shows I have seen here stateside. Also, got a huge kick out of watching the fans do the waive before Pearl Jam came out on stage, you guys know what you are doing when it comes to having a good time. I usually don't like it when they play Jeremy(it got too played here in America), but damn was that intense to watch everyone get so into it. Mike was on fire and letting Stone play drums and Matt play guitar on Ledbetter was pretty damn cool too. K, I'm braindead, so sorry if I have rambled, but I am going back to Brazil as soon as possible..Went to the Rio show too, but that's a whole other story. Brazil, YOU GUYS ROCK. Love ya all. Thanks for the hospitality and an experience I will NEVER forget.

ScottyB

Thanks... I think it too!!! :)
    You are welcome here!
    meat is murder
    *Molto Abrigato*

God, what do you say?
  • really, guys, as the 1st Sao Paulo's concert wasn't so full of radio hits ....
    people that where next to me didn't sing that much ...
    just black, jeremy, alive .... and some even flow parts...
    and i know that some people there didn't sing because they don't know english .... but really likes the band !

setlist was killer ... i couldn't believe that 3 1st ... go, hail hail and animal
    what a energy

and the band really seemed to have a good time !

the 2nd concert at Sao Paulo was better about the crowd singing .... maybe because there were more radio hits ones.

but both were amazing
  • lefanlefan Posts: 9
    SOLAT319 wrote:
    Nice to see King's X fans around the Pit. Speaking of King's X, how come they never open for Pearl Jam anymore??? (i.e. Atlanta 94 Fox Theatre)
    SOLAT319

No shit...KX would rock all your asses.
    A F'n proud, drunk (90% of the time) French Canadian.