Options

*** Sao Paulo 12/2 Fanviews Here

SeaSea Earth Posts: 2,919
edited January 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
If you were at the show, please share your fanviews here...

Set list: Go, Hail Hail, Animal, Green Disease, Corduroy, Given To Fly, Even Flow, Faithfull, Untitled, MFC, Porch, I Got Shit, Once, Glorified G, Do The Evolution, Better Man/(Modern Girl), Alive

1st encore: Man Of The Hour, I Believe In Miracles, Last Kiss, Don't Gimme No Lip, Rearviewmirror
2nd encore: Save You, Black, Jeremy, Yellow Ledbetter (Stone plays drums, Matt plays acoustic guitar)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    holy fuckballs, what a setlist !
    Brisbane 8/2/03 -- Adelaide 16/2/03 -- Melbourne 18/2/03 -- Brisbane 10/11/06 -- Brisbane 11/11/06 -- Melbourne 13/11/06 -- Melbourne 14/11/06 -- Adelaide 21/11/06 -- Adelaide 22/11/06 -- Perth 25/11/06

lifewasted.net
  • Options
    They have to be exhausted after that! What an intense setlist.
    The less you know, the more you believe.
  • Options
    Rossum20Rossum20 Posts: 910
    very impressive
  • Options
    I dont see to many slow songs on that list. I like it.
    Life reveals what is dealt through seasons
    Circle comes around each time
  • Options
    PJSEMPREPJSEMPRE Posts: 687
    I couldn't sleep after this show. 40000 people singing with the band. It was a celebration.
    This morning I was reading the newspaper Folha de São Paulo and the journalist wrote "Pacaembu stadium was a temple."
    Highlights - Go, Given to Fly, Evolution, Black (beautiful), Betterman, Don't gimme no lip (Stone was great), Alive, Jeremy (Eddie walked in the middle of the crowd) and Porch.
    I was in Porto Alegre, but São Paulo was unspeakable. I can't wait for today.
    Thanks Pearl Jam! We won't forget you!
    Let's say knowledge is a tree, yeah.
    It's growing up just like me.
  • Options
    i F'n love UNTITLED... they are really rocking hard in south america. look at all the opening songs. awesome.
    "There are teams that are fair-haired,and those that aren't so fair-haired.Some teams are named Smith,some Grabowski. We're Grabowskis."-Mike Ditka, January 1986

everytime i have to take a crap i sing EVACUATION!!!
    EVACUATION!!
    "i'll let you be in my dream if i can be in your dream." -b.dylan
  • Options
    Pearl Jam
    Sao Paulo, 2 Dec 05

PERFECT!!!

It took 15 years for Brazilians to see Pearl Jam live, but yesterday we were all rewarded.

It was all wild and intense and touching and lovely. The band was great and so was the crowd. Every single person in that football stadium was jumping and shouting as loud as possible.

I had never seen something like that. 40,000 people feeling and acting the same way, from the guy in the first row to the last one to enter the stadium. I was in a high seat so I could see the whole place going totally insane. Eddie seemed very thrilled and he was staring at the crowd all the time.

It was really beautiful when Eddie talked about Johnny Ramone (encore break 1). Everybody applauded and started to shout “hey ho let’s go!”. “Can you hear them, Joey? Can you hear them, Dee?”, he asked while looking to the sky.

Eddie spoke a lot Portuguese (he is great!) and told us that they were always impressed by the Brazilian flags in their shows around the world and that they were happy for finally coming to play for us (encore break 2).

Another highlight was Better Man. Eddie started singing, but stopped when he realized that the whole crowd was singing along. The first part of the song was only the guitar and the audience. Wonderful!

Black was one of the most beautiful songs in the set. At this time, all the stadium lights were on, so we could see everything and everybody. Eddie thanked the audience. I had tears in my eyes and a big smile at this moment. And then Eddie blessed us with the best compliment we could possibly receive: “It's better than Seattle. This is better than Seattle”. Needless to say we all went totally crazy. "Next time, maybe 2 or 3 years, not 15. Maybe one!". "You've made a sad song very happy, so thank you very much, thank you for everything".

During Jeremy, Eddie ran in a passage in the middle of the pit. All the lights on, everybody screaming and Eddie running through the crowd. Really really beautiful.

All a fan could ever dream of.

---

Pictures from the press:

http://www.estadao.com.br/especial/extraonline/galerias/pearl0312/index.htm
  • Options
    PJ_LukinPJ_Lukin Posts: 2,049
    I don't know about the rest of you, but I find these fanviews just great. It is inspiring to see these GREAT fans at their most appreciative moments.
    It really brings it home for me, what this band is really all about, the fans.

I cant wait to hear what music comes out of this tour. Remember, Ed said he was bringing his typewriter to finish the record down there!

eriqueta wrote:
    Pearl Jam
    Sao Paulo, 2 Dec 05

PERFECT!!!

It took 15 years for Brazilians to see Pearl Jam live, but yesterday we were all rewarded.

It was all wild and intense and touching and lovely. The band was great and so was the crowd. Every single person in that football stadium was jumping and shouting as loud as possible.

I had never seen something like that. 40,000 people feeling and acting the same way, from the guy in the first row to the last one to enter the stadium. I was in a high seat so I could see the whole place going totally insane. Eddie seemed very thrilled and he was staring at the crowd all the time.

It was really beautiful when Eddie talked about Johnny Ramone (encore break 1). Everybody applauded and started to shout “hey ho let’s go!”. “Can you hear them, Joey? Can you hear them, Dee?”, he asked while looking to the sky.

Eddie spoke a lot Portuguese (he is great!) and told us that they were always impressed by the Brazilian flags in their shows around the world and that they were happy for finally coming to play for us (encore break 2).

Another highlight was Better Man. Eddie started singing, but stopped when he realized that the whole crowd was singing along. The first part of the song was only the guitar and the audience. Wonderful!

Black was one of the most beautiful songs in the set. At this time, all the stadium lights were on, so we could see everything and everybody. Eddie thanked the audience. I had tears in my eyes and a big smile at this moment. And then Eddie blessed us with the best compliment we could possibly receive: “It's better than Seattle. This is better than Seattle”. Needless to say we all went totally crazy. "Next time, maybe 2 or 3 years, not 15. Maybe one!". "You've made a sad song very happy, so thank you very much, thank you for everything".

During Jeremy, Eddie ran in a passage in the middle of the pit. All the lights on, everybody screaming and Eddie running through the crowd. Really really beautiful.

All a fan could ever dream of.

---

Pictures from the press:

http://www.estadao.com.br/especial/extraonline/galerias/pearl0312/index.htm
    ~!~ Peace ~!~ Love ~!~ Pearl Jam ~!~
  • Options
    Hey, let's not forget something important: Matt played acoustic guitar on Yellow Ledbetter and Stone played the drums!
  • Options
  • Options
    bgranatobgranato Sao Paulo Posts: 29
    your know...another great PJ concert!
    Glorified G, Hail Hail, I Got Shit, Man Of The Hour deticated to Jonnhy Ramano, Beautiful Black, Faithful, Untitled, MFC, Don`t Gimme No Lip w/ Stone on vocals! what else I should ask?
    The crowd from Sao Paulo were the wildest ever! first and second row were a fight for life! I got really hurt this time... people were pushing hard and I fear for my life and everybody`s security...after all I hope everybody`s ok... at some point, Ed stoped the concert to say something like "be careful, take care each other and let`s make sure you`re all ok"... So tonight I`ll be out of first rows...
    back to the concert, Ed saying "this is better than Seattle" means that Pearl Jam are having a really good time here in South America... during some song I can`t remember, Ed sangs something like "don`t wanna live the american dream"... and at Porto Alegre, if I`m not wrong, Ed also said something like "It`s a great time to be out of United State"... man they really mad with Bush I think...
    back to the concert again, Go is a great opening! and I`m a little tired of hearing Corduroy...and I think they should end the concert with another song than Yellow Ledbetter (well at leats this time we had Matt on accoustic guitar and Stone on Drums)... I hear that Rocking in The Free World was on the setlist but they had to cut because of time or something...
    Oh, and a funny thing is that Ed calls Stone "the boss"... and he forgot to announce Boom! "we`re jeff ament, Ed, Matt Cameron and Stone Gossard"...
    Well tonight will be my last concert of this tour, I can`t make it to Rio tomorrow so... but maybe next time they`ll "come back in 2 or 3 years, not 15" as Ed said...
  • Options
    ONCE!!! I gotta hear this song live sometime....nice setlist, lots of YIELD too!
    No longer overwhelmed it seems so simple now.
  • Options
    vedderwoodvedderwood Posts: 2,029
    ToughTough wrote:
    Hey, let's not forget something important: Matt played acoustic guitar on Yellow Ledbetter and Stone played the drums!

Really? How cool is that? I love that they opened with "Go"!!!! Great setlist!!! I can't wait for them to come back to Philly!!!!!
    DC 6/14/98
    NJ 8/28 & 8/29/98
    NJ 9/1 & 9/2/00
    PA 4/28/03
    NJ 7/5 & 7/6/03
    NY 7/8/03
    PA 7/12/03
    PA 10/1/04
    DC 10/11/04
    NJ 9/30 & 10/1/05
    PA 10/3/05
    NJ 5/27 & 5/28/06
    DC 5/30/06
    NJ 6/1 & 6/3/06
    WA 7/22 & 7/23/06
    IL 8/5/07
    NJ 6/19 & 6/20/08
    DC 6/22/08
    NY 6/24 & 6/25/08
    NY 7/1/08
    PA 10/27, 10/28, 10/30 & 10/31/09
  • Options
    mark armmark arm Posts: 962
    MUDHONEY opener = suck you dry !!
    11/25/05 - Buenos Aires
    11/26/05 - Buenos Aires
    11/28/05 - Porto Alegre, BR
    06/01/07 - Sao Paulo, BR
    10/16/08 - Sao Paulo, BR
    10/17/08 - Sao Paulo, BR
    10/19/08 - Buenos Aires
  • Options
    ryokoryoko Posts: 1
    I guess words cannot describe how awesome it was last night! But I'll try to post here anyway. First thing to say is that Mudhoney is an awesome band and it was really an agressive opening. Then when PJ came, the crowd barely started screaming and they already started with Go! I guess everyone was shocked!!
    In my opinion Mike and Eddie were the most excited last night. Ed almost lost his voice during the Porch opening. Mike was jumping and running through the stage all the time! And it was really cool when he sat on the edge of the stage to play the solo for Glorified G!
    Seeing Stone singing Don't Gimme No Lip was amazing too. And the big surprise for the ending was seeing Matt and Stone exchanging roles for Yellow Ledbetter. It was really cool when Ed introduced Stone on drums saying that he was the ruler of them all! Oh.. and Mike's final solo was something really awesome!

Thank you Pearl Jam for a memorable night!!!
  • Options
    lefanlefan Posts: 9
    I thought Mudhoney was awful.
    Where is the songwriting? It was all noise.
    PJ should have brought a GOOD opening band with them.
    A F'n proud, drunk (90% of the time) French Canadian.
  • Options
    the only thing I really hated about last night is how 99% of the brazilians pronounce Pearl Jam: "per jein".
  • Options
    lefan wrote:
    I thought Mudhoney was awful.
    Where is the songwriting? It was all noise.
    PJ should have brought a GOOD opening band with them.

oh well, tell me my friend, who are your favourite bands ?
    have you listen the stooges darling ?
    11/25/05 - Buenos Aires
    11/26/05 - Buenos Aires
    06/01/07 - Sao Paulo, BR
    10/16/08 - Sao Paulo, BR
    10/17/08 - Sao Paulo, BR
    10/19/08 - Buenos Aires
  • Options
    ToughTough wrote:
    the only thing I really hated about last night is how 99% of the brazilians pronounce Pearl Jam: "per jein".

antes era "puuuuur shammmm" ahora es "per jein" jajaja tenemos problema con los idiomas amigos del atlantico
  • Options
    kerrangkerrang Chile Posts: 434
    lol the only ones who have survived to this bad pronunciation are the chileans. ;) "Pearl Jam" all the way baby
    Santiago, Chile (November 22, 2005)
    Santiago, Chile (November 23, 2005)
    Santiago, Chile (November 16, 2011)
    Sao Paulo, Brasil (March 31, 2013)
    Santiago, Chile (April 06, 2013)
    Santiago, Chile (November 04, 2015)
    Santiago, Chile (March 13, 2018)
    Santiago, Chile (March 16, 2018)
    Rio de Janeiro, Brasil (March 21, 2018)
  • Options
    lefanlefan Posts: 9
    mark arm wrote:
    oh well, tell me my friend, who are your favourite bands ?
    have you listen the stooges darling ?

Dream Theater
    King's X
    Rush

....are a few.

and yours??
    A F'n proud, drunk (90% of the time) French Canadian.
  • Options
    AstirdAstird Posts: 168
    Great show...Man of the Hour os beautiful
  • Options
    aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,118
    Sea wrote:
    Yellow Ledbetter (Stone plays drums, Matt plays acoustic guitar)
    Oh....how cool is that? I have always wanted to see them all shake things up like this for just a song.....I always thought Ed would play drums, Stone would sing, Matt would play guitar, Mike would play bass and Jeff would play guitar. But what they did for YL is pretty cool.
  • Options
    brhf9brhf9 Posts: 1,475
    antes era "puuuuur shammmm" ahora es "per jein" jajaja tenemos problema con los idiomas amigos del atlantico

i hear "pier jein" very often...
    'Go easy, step lightly, stay free!'

You have been banned for the following reason:
    inappropriate post.

'Too many people on this earth. We need a new plague.' - Dwight Schrute
  • Options
    lefan wrote:
    Dream Theater
    King's X
    Rush

....are a few.

and yours??

i understand you son ...

mine ? the stooges, spacemen 3, velvet underground, sonic youth, pixies .................................................................................
    and the list goes on ................

have a good life !
    11/25/05 - Buenos Aires
    11/26/05 - Buenos Aires
    06/01/07 - Sao Paulo, BR
    10/16/08 - Sao Paulo, BR
    10/17/08 - Sao Paulo, BR
    10/19/08 - Buenos Aires
  • Options
    mad22mad22 Posts: 82
    WHAT A SET LIST!!!!! congratulations guys, hope you enjoyed it. I'm sure you did.....
    Egos are left at the door, elitism is non-existant and we are all joining together for a common goal: to raise funds and awareness while living the awesome life of a Pearl Jam Fan.

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org/
  • Options
    lefan wrote:
    Dream Theater
    King's X
    Rush

....are a few.

and yours??

So you're a fan of the boring, generic, uninspired jackoff "prog" bands that are sucking all the excitement, life and energy out of rockn'roll?

That's pretty cool. Hey, did you check out the latest STEVE VAI dvd?
    "Looking in the eyes of the farmer
    You've got to know your banana
    Banana! Banana!
    Banana! Banana!
    WWOOOEEEHEHHUUHHHJ!!!!!!!!!"
  • Options
    Judging from the setlist and fanviews this show appears to be the best of the tour so far. Kick ass, you guys deserve these great shows for how long you all had to wait.
    "I'll do whatever the song dictates - if it doesn't need a real lead, then I won't do one. But if it does, then I'll fuckin' go off." - Mike

"Japan is awesome; the fans there knew all the words to all the songs...at least phonetically." - Stone

"I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version." - EV
  • Options
    What's the deal with the person on the stretcher in pick 12 of the 15 on the slide show
  • Options
    Next time I not only go for the Buenos Aires shows, I have to go to Brasil too... man, incredible setlist on all concerts...
    In Bs As they give a perfect concert, and for I listenin from the bootlegs, they did it agian in Brasil...
    I'm geting the bootleg from Sao Paulo rigth now, so in a moment I goin to enjoy it...
    Now i have to go, I have to record the live show from TV (the Bs As one)... :-)